Does a great job

This little beauty gets our yard looking neat in no time and it is so light and easy to use. Bosch ASB 10.8 LI where have you been all my life.

Purchased in November 2018 at .

As gutsy as they come!

We have a hazelnut grove of 500 trees and each year we need to trim the suckers which we do 2 to three times each year. This was done with hand pruning shears, however this little machine will cut through stems that barely fit between the teeth and works for hours per charge. And I’m rough on it! An excellent investment, second year and just beginning to show signs of wear. Definitely buying another. Safe to use. 10/10

Date PurchasedNov 2016

A very handy tool

We have 13 stepping stone pavers in our backyard lawn. The grass around these pavers was hard to maintain with power tools until I found this little trimmer. Very light to handle, cuts well and battery lasts long. Now our lawn looks immaculate. A great product at reasonable price, definitely recommended.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

I love this!

I absolutely love this. It slices through my jasmine jungle and carved up my lavender and rosemary.
It weighs less than a kilo, which compared to the larger ones is incredible.
The weight is what attracted me to it. It's really lite and easy to use. And actually a huge amount of fun.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Only for light trimming and tidying

A great little tool for light gardening. This is a replacement for my electric hedge trimmer which died before Christmas. Although the electric trimmer did an amazing quick job, having to drag the electrical cord around was clumsy. I realized this Bosch trimmer would not do the whole yard and I really do need a full size one to get all the work done.

Pros: Easy to control. Safety button works with the ON switch.
Con: For small jobs of trimming and lawn edges only. Pulling the blades out of the unit needs precision otherwise it jams.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Good quality and works a treat. Female friendly.

My wife loves this unit, It's easy to use and lightweight and saves you pulling out the lawn edger just to do a few touch up jobs. The unit is high quality and gives great results and even though a bit pricey, "you get what you pay for". There are a few lightweight criticisms about this by others, that's their prerogative, but I've so far found this to be a joy. If it turns out to be a dud after time you'll certainly get another post from me.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Excellent garden tools, hopeless instructions

I really like this set of three blades plus lithium ion battery. I've only been using two of the blades, the grass cutter and the longer hedge trimmer, but both are easy to use because the whole unit is so light. I find that once the unit is running, you can let go of the on switch and it does its own thing.

The battery is especially excellent, as I have been leaving my unit for many months between uses and it still starts immediately. I think that I've had to recharge once in two years.

However, the instruction book is mostly warnings required by various pieces of law in various English-speaking countries about stupid things you would never do. The essential part turns out to be those stupid generic line-drawings to which you are meant to write your own captions and they are so small that you can't see the detail for which you are looking.

So thanks heaps, Platypup1, for the hint about inserting a screwdriver to give the blade you want to change a little shove. Worked instantly after I had spent more than half an hour looking online and in the shed for manuals, which then were useless.

Date PurchasedOct 2014

OK except for frustrating design flaw

Does good job for trimming small to medium hedges and light weight makes it untiring to use. Grass trimmer tends to bend grass between cutting blades more often than give a clean cut. Replacing cutting attachments can be difficult as oval-shaped piece of plastic that sits in part of blade that engages with drive spindle comes out of place invariably after few minutes of use. Cutters still operate but this piece jams when attempting to remove attachment and requires fiddling with a thin screwdriver to get it out of the way before removing cutting attachment and then having to separate near end of blades to reinsert it. Also the recharging plug is an unnecessarily complicated shape and hard to align and insert into the handle, made this way no doubt so other chargers cannot be used but off-putting for users.

Light weight and good for easy pruning

The product comes with an inbuilt battery charger for the lithium ion batteries and an electric plug. The blade clicks on easily to the handle. It is easy to use on small plants or shrubs. A zippered storage bag is provided for storage of the tools. The instruction book is less than optimal - one would normally want to check that all the parts in the package agree with a checklist in the manual (to make sure nothing has been missed). You get to page 5 and realise the manual is generic and also caters for other similar Bosch products (that you can buy)!

A moderately handy capable hedge trimmer, but can be pricey

This unit is intended for cutting and trimming hedges and shrubs, with stems up to 8 mm rated. In our experience it begins to struggle at about 5 mm, depending on how woody the plant is.

Price varies widely, from $135 in Bunnings to $199 in Mitre 10 (typical) so shop around for these.

It is supplied with 3 interchangeable cutters, which is good as those with smaller hands can opt for a shorter one. It is moderately difficult to change these, and the user manual does not make it completely clear which way up they should be inserted. It is plastic driver loop upward !

One cutter supplied is a so-called lawn clipper, but we think you would be out there for a long time doing much on the lawn with this. It seems more useful as a short robust clipper for shaped hedges, like kangaroos and emus etc.

The mode of operation is to push a safety interlock slider forward, then squeeze the trigger. It does not stay on by itself, a safety feature, so you have to keep on squeezing the trigger, or repeatedly push the safety interlock which is quite hard for anyone with small hands. You should thoroughly trial this feature before buying, which will irritate the store sales assistant as the unit comes in a robust plastic case inside a cardboard box. Nevertheless insist.

It is supplied with a comprehensive manual, which is so thorough it issues warnings about Bosch products you have not even bought. This is good though because the Bosch Aust website is hopeless in this particular area, with broken links and mysterious references which lead nowhere.

Our field trial consisted of trimming a cliff covered with ornamental ground cover, standing on a ladder and wielding the Bosch trimmer with one hand. It was ideal for this application, speeding up the task tenfold.
Lightweight, selection of cutters, quick charge time
Can be somewhat expensive in this field