Bosch GEX 150 Turbo Professional

Bosch GEX 150 Turbo Professional

See the Best Orbital Sanders in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Bosch Power Tools

• Safety

Best sander I have had. Beats the belt sanders I own by a country mile

I have used this sander to remove old paint from 20 sq/m of deck with no problems at all. Also removed of stain from a merbua deck around a pool. Approximately 100sq metre. Great job taking it back to original timber in both instances. Having the two settings makes life much easier when needing to remove old paint.

Purchased in February 2019.

Bobby
BobbyHobart, TAS

Grunty sander.

Great sander, mine hadn't done a lot of work when the suppression filter/ condenser at the back of the machine kind of exploded/ arced and burnt my forearm a little. Hoping that a $50 part is all that is wrong with it as its an expensive sander.

Other Orbital Sanders

Isaac
IsaacIllawarra, NSW

Great Sander. Haven't had any issues

I have had this sander for over 3yrs now and had any issue with bearings getting clogged like others mention. I do always use this with a shop vac plugged in so that might have something to do with it. Very happy with how it has been and still is running.

Will say the sheets you get in the box when you purchase are pretty rubbish and finding pads and local suppliers have been hard.

Purchased in August 2017 at Total Tools.

Orbital Sanders

Find out how Bosch GEX 150 Turbo Professional compares to other Orbital Sanders

Powerful unit

Very powerful unit that is great for fast stock removal. I use 60 & 80 grit to to achieve a smooth one pass finish on plywood sheets. I havnt had any bearing faults but did blow up the variable speed unit due to having it run on half speed for extended periods as at full speed it is a handful!!

Purchased in August 2013 for $650.00.

RMShapes
RMShapesTuggerah

Top flight pro sander

I've had 2 of these sanders for about 6 years. They are used in a harsh factory environment and have worked brilliantly. By contrast I also own a Festool rotex 150 which is similar but has spent many trips to the shop for repair. I have not experienced any of the bearing issues with mine, so considering they were less than half the price of the Festool, I would highly recommend.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Pat
PatGold Coast

Could be better!

The GEX 150 works good at first... but I had same problem as previous review where the supposedly sealed bearing got clogged up with dust from the fiber gear...bad design fault !! I have done as previous reviewer and taken bearing seal off to clean out. Bosch should replace this part as it is no good at all. Beware!

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Good sander byt has a design fault

I own 3 of these sanders and have had the same problem with all 3. The bearing in the gear head eventually gets dust in it from the fibre gear even though the bearing is sealed. To replace this 9ne part is approximately $220. I mistakenly ordered 2 of them without getting a quote on the part not even contemplating that one part on a $400 samder would cost this much. We have had the same problem again with the new parts. We now just pull the seal out of the bearing and clean the dust out which works ok but is not ideal. If I could afford the festos I would definitely buy them over this one.

BrewsterLaidley

Top of the line tool without the price

This sander dose everything a Festool comparison will do without the FT price.
This is a Bosch blue, unlike the green stuff.
I am very happy with its performance and power.
I still have some old Bosch power tools, still going strong after 40 odd years, the Blue line are made like these tools.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Other Orbital Sanders

DBOSouth East Queensland, QLD

A very good machine - but very limited lifespan.

Date PurchasedOct 2014
Orbital Sanders

Find out how Bosch GEX 150 Turbo Professional compares to other Orbital Sanders

Sean
SeanCanberra Australia

Fantastic sander

I have used festool rotax sanders for years yes they are the best you cannot beat them but I have just bought a bosh gex 150 turbo sander and it is just as good as the festool it runs all day with Out a drama fatigue free and I personally think the bosch sander is a lot more smoother then festool I would recommend this and personally but this bosch sander over a festo any day
Everything not one fault