Bosch Random Orbit Sander

Ezshane

EzshaneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Awesome value sander

Purchased this sander for maintenance and repair work on hire products in my business. I needed something reliable and gutsy enough to get decent sized jobs done in good time. This sander has plenty of power and has a very clever anti-vibration system so the user doesn’t suffer the old pins and needles that some other ROS present. Totally recommended.

magicrobot

magicrobot

This sander sands like a boss

I bought a new Ryobi sander specifically for this large job i had to do - sanding 5 light years of cornice glue off an entire ceiling off a sprawling house that we were going to put another ceiling straight over top of. Anyway the Ryobi died after a couples of hours so I drove straight to Bunnings and replaced it with the Bosch. OMG unbelievable difference, the Bosch ripped through the old cornice glue like it was made from meringue cake base. The discs do come off every now and then which is a bit annoying, but weirdly for me they were coming off when the sanding discs were ready to change. The filter seems to work well but the design is crap for getting it on and off (hence the 4 stars)
I would buy another in a heartbeat

Purchased in June 2018.

DIY-Type-PersonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Throws Discs

Purchased in February 2019 for $89.00.

JohnnyRamrod

JohnnyRamrod

Great for what it is...

This is a decent little sander. Not high end, but not a high end price so that's ok. As a working sander, it really does that. It works. I have almost no issue with it. Solid performer. Highly recommend, provided one thing... You better not be too worried about how the dust catching system functions. Because basically it doesn't. The thing falls off with the slightest bump, but it's ok because it pretty much never caught the dust.

I'm still fine with it - i just use it outside and use a mask. Something I do for most work, so no issue for me. So I still rate it a 4 star for price etc - just know what you are buying.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Jim

JimVenus Bay

Dont waste your money

Had one of these for a short time, the thing started to vibrate, i couldnt work out what the problem was, turned out the single bolt that holds the sanding pad onto the sander had worked itself loose and as the surround of the base pad is plastic and the cog it attaches to is metal the metal destroyed the pad fitting rendering it useless. This was just out of warranty and Bosch were not interested in helping out in any way. Even though this is a design fault and not a wear and tear issue.The replacement pads are around $45 not cheap if the sander keeps destroying them.
No more Bosch fo me thanks.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

keith

keithperth

failed speed contoller

after a couple of times using this model the speed controller failed and the machine would not run lower than half speed, then it failed altogether, replacement part is $44 from https://www.toolspareparts.com.au/bosch-pex-300-ae-3603ca3040-spare-parts.html I should have returned at the first instance of failure but you know what its like just wanting to get the job done and move onto other bits so did not follow up on warranty, wish I had, also the dust catcher is pretty much useless, now replaced with Ryobi, so far so good.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Bad customer service.

Go to Bosch Australia try to get spare parts cant order through them what a joke think may have to use different manufacturer didn't mind the tools but if you cant get help from them what's the point cant order through dealer as the cost of replacing the sanding pads all the time gets to dear with dealer mark up and takes to long to get part in.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Dom

DomSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very happy with this sander.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Poor dust catching function

the sander works OK but the dust catcher is useless, dust clouds are the order of the day. Even when I cleaned the filter and took care to refit it to the machine, it still emits dust from around the lid. Checked that its fitting Ok but no change. Disappointing dust catcher.

Date PurchasedMay 2013
mrstevo

mrstevoSydney

Spot On

Light and perfectly weighted orbital sander. I would say the best I have used. Variable speed control works well. Great control with the front auxiliary handle. Low noise. And comes in a case. Cannot fault!

Tom

TomAdelaide

Poor quality.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Very good sander, one of the best I have ever used

Bosch GEX 125 AC Professional is in the top two sanders i have ever used. The one that i like more is the Festool 57187, because of the higher stability it offers. Got the Bosch GEX 125 sander as an recommendation from BestRandomOrbitSanders website and I am really thankful to these guys!

Date PurchasedApr 2009

CoreyHolitt

CoreyHolittSydney

Bottom end of the market, but it gets the job done

I am just a DIYer, I knew an orbital sander would help me get a better finish on my projects, but can't really fork out for sanders at the top of the market. I have been really impressed with this unit, the adjustable power output is a nice feature and the dust collection does an ok job, better than my 1/3 sheet makita anyway.

I should say that I didn't get much help from Bunnings Brendale while selecting this, the staff member in the tool shop didn't seem to know too much about the sanders in their lineup. Tho i have also got great helpful service there when buying a drill, guess it's just hit and miss.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Frustrated.

Not a bad sander, onto my 3rd base pad as the Velcro wears very quickly, major problem, call center not very helpful,the other problem is with this review, I only needed 22 words but I couldn't post it until I had written 50, also very frustrating, regards Craig, good bye

Date PurchasedFeb 2014
Hugh

HughCentral Victoria

Throws sanding discs. Velcro not fit for purpose.

As others have found these Bosch 400 sanders throw the sanding discs. Very poor velcro attachment plate used on backing pad. Not fit for purpose IMHO. I've already replaced it twice with the Bosch OEM backing pads, no better, they go bad soon after. Bosch OZ know about this problem yet have not offered to replace these defective parts nor owned up to the issue. Very poor IMHO. Web searches reveal this is a common issue.
Their response is to tell readers to call their helpline where you will be told crap by someone who knows nothing and offered nothing useful as a remedy. I will not be buying another Bosch orbital sander not will I recommend them.

Date PurchasedJun 2015
Chris4747

Chris4747SYDNEY

Throws pads after a while

Brought two to renovate the inside of the house. Both throw pads now after working for approx 12 hours. Do not buy useless. The basic function of a sander is to sand this doesn't do that one the pad loses ability to hold pads. Would not buy this type of sander again

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Frank16NSW, 2250

Speedy and efficient sander

Date PurchasedJul 2016

TinHead

TinHeadAdelaide

Poorly designed product. Avoid.

Older Swiss made was a solid machine

Very good machine, but with a disclaimer: I purchased mine a number of years back and it was made in Switzerland, and I have no clue what their quality is like now, so my advice might only be applicable to second hand. But it's a great machine. I've even done absurd things like polish a full terrazzo floor with it. The dust extraction isn't the greatest, and it has chucked a disc once (ever) - after I put it on not realizing it was caked in dust.

Great sander

The problem with this particular sander is now over. I have spent 7 days drywall sanding with this model. Other than small for the job i am doing, the PEX 400 is brilliant and not once as the disc come off. My main problem is that the vacuum cannot keep up with the sander