See the Best Tick & Flea Control Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Bravecto? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Skin disorder and issues post bravecto warning

My dog who has never had any skin issues suddenly appeared to be scratching and licking. Next thing I find rashes all over his body the poor thing has scabs all over his body . Only change was the use of bravecto. Dog has been allergy tested as well and has come up with only a few things dietary we where already aware of . This product is poison for your dog would never use it again and it’s horrible as it lasts 3 months. This product should be baned and removed . It’s a falsified market created to sell skin disorder drugs and treatment to your pets .

Purchased in September 2021 at Aussie Vet Products for $90.00.

BEWARE - SEIZURES

Our dog began having grand seizures after taking this medicine. Had to be put on phenobarbital to control them. We later found right on the package - this is the most common side effect. Our dog is 15 years old and had been on frontline his entire life without any problems. We are not working on weening him off the phenobarbital. BEWARE!! I cannot believe they are allowing this to be sold.

Purchased in March 2021.

Pet Type Dog
Kay
KayCentral Queensland, QLD

Excellent product. Using for 5+ years on my two Border Collies

Both dogs no issue eating the tablet. No side effect. Never ever had fleas or ticks and frequently take dogs out bush camping and to beach. Been using since puppies, 5+ years.

Purchased in January 2017 at Budget Pet Products for $40.00.

Denise S.
Denise S.

Product works for ticks

Bought this for my adult Springer, Bravecto large 20-40 kgs works especially with ticks, dog got a tick but fell off dead, but if there is underlying illness such as Epilepsy, can bring on a fit when taken and bleeding gums.

Purchased in March 2021 for $41.00.

Bravecto killer

Bravecto killed my friends dog 3 days after she had taken it, she was sick could hardly move then through the night started vomiting blood and died 10 minutes later, heartbreaking. I hope people read this and never use bravecto.

Purchased in July 2021.

Sickness effects

Our very healthy male Poodle was very sick several times over the day after taking the Bravecto tablet , ok the next day . We would NOT recommend this treatment at all.

Purchased in July 2021 at Vet Products Direct Online store.

Never again

After one hour my dog could not really get up.
She could not stand on her two legs. She is not the same since she got this pill. I need to lift her up. She is not running after the ball as she used to.

Purchased in June 2021.

Vomited 5 times in 36 hours since administering

I gave my dog an oral Bravecto chew yesterday afternoon on the recommendation of our vet. It's now 10:30 pm the day after and I just finished cleaning up his fourth and fifth vomits. If this is the worst of it I'll consider us lucky based on some of the much more severe reactions I'm seeing being reported. Will be on the lookout for other Merck products and avoid at all costs!

Garbage

2 dogs , gave both dogs seizures,,, confirmed by veterinary clinic, after 14 of testing at my expense.. pure junk, never use this product , there reports of 1 in 10 thousand are a lie,, 2 for 2

Purchased in January 2019 at Veterinary for $38.00.

No for Bravecto!

This is 4th time I use Bravecto for my dog. Year 1 ( age 1) no reaction observed, year 2 (age 2) no reaction observed, beginning of year 3 (age 3) lump appeared...middle year 3 removed lump and tested positive for cancer..... used bravecto again then lethargy, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea started, had vet treatment, thereafter same effects reoccurring about every 2months. Beginning year 5 - now March 2021, approx 48hrs after administering Bravecto, lethargy, nausea, blood in diarrhea, dog not eating, not drinking water, took to vet, on meds, now day 4 no improvement!

Killer

My collies (2) developed cancer after ingesting bravecto. One used it for 2 seasons and the other for one season. Liver cancer and HSA. I lost both of them. Do not buy this.

Purchased in March 2017.

Bravecto almost killed one of my dogs and has left him with regular bouts of gastroenteritis...

Purchased in November 2019.

Pet Type Dog

Made my dog ill

I first gave this to my 3.18kg yorki poo in November because he had fleas, he did vomit the day after but otherwise was fine but still threw up off and on for the next couple months, not the norm at all for him. I then gave it to my dog on Feb fourth as I didn’t want to deal with fleas again. The next day he vomited a couple times and refused to eat which made him very tired, constant stomach gurgles too. Today is feb 6 and still no better, was up whining in the night. I called the vet and am still waiting to hear back if this is normal. I will not be giving this medication to my dog again. He’s an otherwise healthy four year old little dog.

Purchased in November 2020 for $100.00.

Side Effects Long-term illness

Bravecto made my dog go blind!! Do not give IT to your dogs!!!

After Taking Bravecto my dog had head tremors, than went blind. The vet who pushed Bravecto did not even consider that it was Bravecto. He encouraged me to give him another pill 3 months later. After having the second dose my dog would have siezures, where his back legs became paralized. After seeing another vet she recognized the symptoms and said she had seen this in other dogs with Bravecto.

Purchased in March 2020 for $61.95.

My cat died a terrible death after giving your product. I hope you Rot in Hell for knowingly killing innocent pets

My cat had Seizures, tongue out, pale/white gums, screaming pain, scared as he died in my husbands arms. Drooling, panting. Running sideways, could not coordinate feet. Saddest day of our life.

Heather L.
Heather L.asked
Bravecto

If my 5.5 pound dog is on Bravecto will my 11 pound indoor cat be protected without flea meds?

Diane J.
Diane J.

Do not give this chemical to any of your animals-ever!!!

Christina M.
Christina M.asked
Bravecto Large (For Dogs 20 - 40kg)

Can I give this one to a 22lbs dog this is the one the vet gave me for my 10kg dog?

Tony D.
Tony D.

I would not give to any dog, when your dog has a seizure, you will wish you hadn't. Your dog has convolutions , foams at the mouth, pees all over its self, craps its self, shakes violently.

Danelle
Danelleasked
Bravecto Large (For Dogs 20 - 40kg)

How much milk thistle do I give a 100 lb German Shepherd and is the Spring Valley brand capsule ok? He is also on Prednisone.

Wendy T.
Wendy T.

seems like no one answers the questions on this thread...any luck?

Katya M.
Katya M.

There is a facebookmgroup..VERY ACTIVE on this subject it starts with..
“ BravectoNexguard Simparica Comfortis do they kill dogs”:you will get profound insight and advice from friends who know and CARE MORE than vets

Bravecto

Compare all 5 Bravecto
CategoryTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control Products
Application TypeChewableChewableChewableChewable
Pet TypeDogDogCat and DogDog
Reapplication PeriodEvery 2-3 monthsEvery 2-3 monthsEvery 2-3 monthsEvery 2-3 months
Minimum Pet Age8 weeks8 weeks8 weeks8 weeks