Medium Cats, Large Cats, Small Cats

1.8

Upset

UpsetFar North Queensland, QLD

Adverse Reaction

Administered Bravecto Plus to my cat 10 days ago. Now hair loss and irritation on shoulder. Applied to back of head. Did not have this problem with Bravecto flea and tick. Must be an ingredient for the wormer. Same problem with Revolution.

Purchased in September 2020 for A$80.00.

Pet TypeCat

Scabs on my perfectly fine baby girl!

Noticed scabs on my furbaby within 48 hours of application. Scabs on eyelid, outside both ears, dry skin flaking off the product application site, a scabby tit.. I don't know what else will happen tomorrow but hopefully nothing else. My poor cat is suffering because I listened to the vet. I'm very disappointed. I want my money back

Purchased in September 2020 at Petbarn Physical store for A$82.99.

Elaine

Elaine

Poison is what it states.

Purchased for A$46.00.

Find out how Bravecto for Cats compares to other Tick & Flea Control Products

Side effects - paranoia

Within a short time after applying Bravecto between my cat's shoulder blades, he started acting strange. He seemed paranoid about everything and disoriented in his familiar surroundings. He continues to be easily frightened even after four months since we applied the last treatment. I thought the first time was just due to changing products but after the second time and the same reaction, I really think he is having a neurologic reaction to it. I will not be buying Bravecto again even though the vet's office highly recommended it. I would not recommend using it at all.

Purchased in June 2020 for A$55.00.

TessAuckland

Bravecto Plus - DO NOT USE

Purchased for A$75.00.

Jayne H.

Jayne H.Illawarra, NSW

Brevecto medium flee, tick treatment.

My Rag doll cat has been given this Brevecto flee treatment twice now and I won’t subject him to it again! Serious sickness and diarrhea, Massive weight loss and he didn’t have much weight on him to start with, vets not concerned. He is showing all the Horrible side effects listed. Why would I subject my loved pet to that, he must be feeling miserable.

Purchased in August 2020 at The vets for A$20.00.

Pet TypeCat

its killing my kitty don't use it

bravecto paid my first kittys vet bill. But it doesn't make him feel better , went to another vet cause its garbage . now he has cancer, vet said that bravecto probably didn't give him cancer , but it most likely bought it on cause it agrivated it don't use it PLEASE. Now MY vet bill is almost a 1000.00 $. And he is very sick. On steroids and vitamin b-12. He was a 20 pound kitty now 14 pounds

Purchased in May 2020 for A$50.00.

Leyla

LeylaSydney Surrounds, NSW

My cat was very ill with worms, this stuff made him better

My big 6 y/o boy was vomiting and lethargic and I treated him with bravecto plus to worm him and within 24 hrs his appetite returned, the vomiting has stopped, he is happy and playful again with his adopted brother, his coat is healthy again though he did experience some discomfort(itching) at the back of his neck and some minor hair loss
But, I am grateful to say he is now a very happy boy
I’m so sorry to hear other people’s sad stories
I was shocked when I read these reviews so I had to do my own

Purchased in July 2020 at Petbarn for A$28.00.

Side Effects None
Pet TypeCat

I beg you - do not use this!

Side Effects Death

tanya

tanyaSydney, NSW

Buyer beware it may kill your cat

Bravecto Plus was used on my cat. 24 hours later she was vomitting, lathargic, high temp, and had severe toxicity poisoning, which has resulted in a urinary tract infection. Braveto dont care as she is 1 out of 10,000 cases, and it is stated as a known cause. Disgusting

Purchased in June 2020 at PetStock Physical store.

Side Effects Long-term illness
Pet TypeCat

I do NOT reccomend this product!

I took a feral cat I feed to vet to get shaved because of mats, fleas & ticks. Vet suggested this product because it lasted 3 months vet it on him, within a month he has ticks can't tell about fleas. It didn't last 1 full month. Now I'm scared to put another treatment on him in a short time period.

Purchased in May 2020 at Veterinarian office for A$56.00.

Pet TypeCat

My cat is really acting strangely since his first Braveto.

My head boy of three adopted cats after fostering has been acting really strangely. He has been consistent in coming in and out of our cat flap to eat and sleep. Since using Bravecto he has hidden away and when eventually coaxed out to lay on the lawn looking like he had no idea where he was or what to do. He has now hidden outside under our man cave. This is so worrying and need advice on how to look after him.

Pet TypeCat

My fur baby left with huge red bald patch

Within a day of treatment my poor cat started scratching the area and it ended up red and the bald the area about the size of a golf ball. I had to give him an antihistamine to stop scratching. I was instructed to have an injection type of medication next time and he’s reacted to that as well.

Purchased at Veterinary surgery .

DO NOT USE!!!!!!

My cat passed away

My cat was a healthy one and a half year old beautiful baby. Put the medicine on her on Saturday and last night (Wednesday) I watched her have a seizure in front of my eyes and moan until she stopped breathing. I know it’s different for every pet but if it can happen to my baby it could happen to yours. Don't use this product.

Purchased in June 2020 for A$55.00.

Side Effects Death

Really Bad

The vet gave this a great review, instead of what I had used prior to it. He was lethargic not eating or drinking for 24hrs, then a 2" spot where it had been applied with hair loss and huge red sore. The spot is getting larger, called the vet and she gave me epiderm, which hasn't helped at all. Going to have to find another vet open now is a holiday weekend. I will never use this again, need to get him a steroid shot. The Vet assistant applied it.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$52.00.

Beware

My older guy has terrible skin allergies, assumably from fleas.
Vet recommended this product and it worked beautifully. After around 3 months, the scabs started forming again and we reapplied.
The third does, however, has made him terribly sick. Not eating or drinking and breathing heavily.
Took him to a different Vet who said this stuff is too strong. Gave him steroids to try and calm his skin down and fluids to try and flush him out. $400 later, he is feeling better and I am happy for that.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$54.00.

Pet TypeCat

Killed my cats fleas with no side effects

I have a small black cat, about 10lbs. Bravecto has been effective in both killing active fleas and as a preventative. While her neck seems to itch for a day or 2 after application, she is still happy. playful and eating well.

Purchased in May 2020 at Boston Animal Hospital for A$58.00.

Side Effects None
Lil

Lil

DO NOT USE

My poor cat had a reaction to Brevecto plus, I'm still worried sick that she is not fully better and the vet bills for it are already up to over $200. She had to be shaved as the fur on her neck started falling out nearly immediately, she's had a antibiotic injection and I've been told at the 2nd vet visit that the first visit at another vet clinic really should have sedated her and done a big wash in dishwashing liquid but now it's in her system it's too late. She still has a chemical burn spot. The stress I went through worrying that she might die has been horrendous!

Purchased in April 2020.

Side Effects Long-term illness
Victoria12

Victoria12South East Queensland, QLD

Don't risk it!

I applied Bravecto spot on for medium cats to my 4.5kg cat. The next day she was wobbly on her feet, dilated pupils, shallow heartbeat, couldn't walk for a meter or more without lying down. Read up on the product and decided to wash it off her, she was purring and docile whilst doing so which is very out of character, she did not improve after waiting a couple of hours. After reading about cats whom had similar symptoms and had died, I rushed her to the vet, she had developed ataxia after toxicity poisoning from Bravecto, $650 later, I do not recommend this product.

Purchased in April 2020 at Budget Pet Products Online store for A$55.00.

lynda m.

lynda m.asked

Bravecto for Cats Large Cats

Is bravecto safe on 5 year old cats?What are the side affects.Which is the best one to buy.

Mark and Velma

Mark and Velmaasked

Bravecto for Cats Medium Cats

How long does Bravetco spot-on stay in the cat's body? Our 14 year old boy had a bad reaction to it after application on 26th June. Apparently itched like hell, so much so he licked the hair of 50mm dia circle. Now he is lethargic, has diaharrea, fussywith food, not playing with his 9mth old adopted sister.

Tess

Hi the treatment is supposed to work I understand for 12 weeks but my cat had reactions neurologically within a few hours. The vet shaved and thoroughly washed the area and she was put on a drip to try and flush the toxins out of her body. My other two cats were treated at the same time and thankfully have had no reaction. Perhaps take your boy to the vets for blood work because apart from the diarrhoea my cat was left the same symptoms and something has attacked her red blood cells causing anaemia. Hope he comes right very soon.

Sarah F.

Sarah F.asked

Bravecto for Cats

How does one trace Fluralener in an autopsy? My healthy 10-year-old cat died within hours of administering Bravecto spot on for medium cats. Autopsy so far has shown nothing and is "inconclusive" although all organs appear within healthy ranges and no other cause of death apparent.

alan
alan

This crap is full of pesticides