Medium Cats, Large Cats, Small Cats
See the Best Tick & Flea Control Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Bravecto? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

KaylaSydney, NSW

My poor cat is losing hair in clumps!

Went with this brand as recommended by vets and it’s horrible! We assumed he’d gotten into some sort of fight or something but then we put two and two together and realised it’s the treatment! Never again I hope the vet can give me something to counteract it

Purchased in September 2021 at PetStock for $80.00.

Becky
Becky

Do not buy this ever!! my cat has died from it

48 hours post a get giving my girl this treatment my cat got serious blood poisoning. I happened to be working from home that day, had I not she would have died before I made it home. A few months later she had blood cancer which in the end caused her death. Please do not buy this stuff - I’m devastated. Vets get a commission to sell you this stuff snd say it is safe - there’s so many horrific stories out there. I’m still figuring the fight to get it banned.

Side Effects Death
Nic J
Nic JCentral West, NSW

My healthy 5 yr old cat had it on Sunday and today (Thursday) I fear that he won’t make it.

Loss of appetite, lethargic, very sick. Doesn’t want to be touched at all. Not himself. I will never use this again. Vets go this so wrong. Don’t use it please

Purchased in September 2021 for $60.00.

toby
tobyBrisbane

Avoid at all costs

0/10 would not recommend.
The first time I used Bravecto Plus both cats seemed fine, however after the second dose one was super lethargic, spaced out and confused with dilated pupils and unsteady on his feet. He's now got a large sore and hair loss where it was applied which is only getting worse by the day. The other cat freaked out when it was applied, trying his hardest to run away. He's never had this reaction to Advocate before. I reported these symptoms to the Bravecto call line and was told they're normal. Anything that causes cognitive issues, open sores and hair loss is not something that should be anywhere near an animal.

Side Effects Long-term illness

Astrid
AstridSydney, NSW

Turned my cat aggressive

I have one mother cat and her two kittens, who are now almost 6 months old. Got Bravecto applied to all 3 yesterday at the vet. Straight after we got home, mumma cat turned aggressive towards her kittens, she has attacked them several times now. I have scratches all over me from trying to protect the kittens from her. This is the first time she has ever done this, and I can only link it to the Bravecto. I will be looking for alternatives.

Purchased in July 2021 at Greencross Vet for $35.00.

Forewarning

Four cats treated - one cat has bald spot on top of head where product was applied. Watching other three, noticed oil spot still lingers on one kitty.
Vet recommended after taking all four kitties for annual check-up. I mentioned another product wasn't effective and asked for "best" recommendation, voila everyone received treatment given at vet's office on top of their heads. That was Saturday, today's Thursday and when I noticed adverse reaction to one kitty as mentioned above. Full on bald spot!
Paws crossed everyone will be okay! I'll be informing vet and WILL NOT take anymore chances with any additional applications.

Update: a total of 3 cats ended up with bald spots. More than a coincidence I'd say!

Purchased in June 2021 for $55.00.

Side Effects Short-term illness
T BRKS

Update: another cat has bald spot at application site.

Lia
LiaSouth East Queensland, QLD

My two beautiful cats had to be put to sleep today

Caused Balding

My cat immediately started having hair loss the day after applying Bravecto. By day two he had two bald spots and his hair continues to fall out. I wish I had read the reviews prior to using it!

Purchased in May 2021 for $80.00.

bat
batGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

One of our two cats has serious side effects after applying (as per VET recommendation)

Purchased in May 2021 at Balwyn Veterinary Surgery. 185 Whitehorse Rd Deepdene. Vic 3103 for $88.05.

Find out how Bravecto for Cats compares to other Tick & Flea Control Products

Hopeful but a disappointment!

Sounded to good to be true, 12 weeks! No result in relief of fleas from my big 17lb cat. After three weeks of continuous itching I will seek other medications.

Purchased in April 2021 for $52.00.

My heart is broken. He's been gone for 9 months

I have talked to many. This bravecto is poison. I will not stop trying to let all of you who love your family. Do not use. look at the rating. Not even a 1 star. We got a powder which is natural and on all our 4 kittys all the ticks and fleas are gone. Its called vets best and they have sprays for lawns. Been using this sense my big boy kitty was killed with bravecto. SO BE AWARE. Braveto is made in China.

Purchased in August 2020.

Side Effects Death
Pet Type Cat

Wish I researched first. I never would have purchased.

Purchased in April 2021.

Will he die?

Purchased in April 2021 for $52.74.

Rae
RaeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Never use again!

My 5yr old cat has sensitive skin and is allergic to flea bites so I use a flea treatment regularly. Used Bravecto for the first time supplied by her vet..never again! She panicked when it was first applied and seemed frightened and in pain for a day, I’ve spotted a burn mark on her neck and I now understand why. Will go back to using Advantage, never been an issue in the past

Purchased in April 2021 for $80.00.

Brave for cats

A vet prescribed and I paid for it. How ridiculous is that? I read the directions I put it on as followed split the Hair applied to the skin behind the neck and shoulder blades and within 20 minutes my Persian cats hair was falling out. And again the next day. Very lethargic I would not recommend this

Purchased in March 2021 for $36.00.

Jax
Jaxasked
for Cats

This is the second time after giving my cat the 3mth. Bravecto treatment for worms etc. she has been throwing up . What is the cause?

Kayla

Honestly I’d take your cat to the vet. My cat has only had one dose of bravecto but has lost all his hair on his neck and I’m now having to use antibiotic cream as it got infected from him scratching at the stuff burning his skin. I’m so mad at this brand and how they can even be recommended by vets

Maxineasked
for Cats

Bravecto plus was used on my 13 yr old cat by the Vet in NZ. Not long after at home he became weird. He was wobbly when walking, he stopped eating but drinking a lot of water, his pupils were dilated, he looked like he was having a stroke, he was very confused. I took him back to the Vets who took a lot of blood tests. The Vet thought he had meningitis with the symptoms he had. He turned 14yrs in March 2021 and my daughter gave him another dose of Bravecto when I was away, he developed the same symptoms as before. He seems very confused when I call him he doesn't appear to know where he is. I am worried now that it is the Bravecto as I know the Vet did not test him for toxity. I phoned the Vet last week and the Receptionist tells me Bravecto is safe but I have a gut feeling it is Bravecto that has caused him to be like this. Not sure what to do now. shouls I contact Merc?

T BRKS

Yes I would. I called and the representative took my information, provided action number, and said to call them if any additional concerns and/or I needed to take my cat to the vet. Luckily, the 3 cats that lost hair didn't have any further issues. Good luck and no more of this toxic dangerous product!

Maxine

He is a beautiful intelligent Pedigree Birman and now when he walks his head tilts to the side. He gets confused when outside not knowing where to go. Hes not eating much but drinks a lot of water.

Jack
Jackasked
for Cats

Will large cat size Bravecto Topicle harm an 11 pound cat?

jaw pain and worse
jaw pain and worse

I would say yes! My cat was ick named Garfield. 4 days after I gave it to him, he started to stop eating. We went to the vet. They took blood. It was all over the place. His routine check up had been just 8 day's prior, thats when I bought the Bravecto. We tested his Urine. No problems there. He is now home and on an IV fluid bag. He eats only when I carry the smooshed food to him. He drinks if I carry water to him. I wish I had stayed with monthly doses.

Compare all 3 Bravecto for Cats
CategoryTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control Products
Application TypeTopicalTopicalTopical