Breville Dual Boiler with Smart Grinder BES920 / BCG820

Breville Dual Boiler with Smart Grinder BES920 / BCG820

BES920 (Dual Boiler), BCG820 (Grinder)

4.3

• Product is used
  • Consistency
  • Milk Frothing
Cat

CatMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

machine stopped working just outside of warranty

Very disappointed. This machine was great, when it worked, up until a few months out of warranty. Now I have a $1200+ machine that is unusable, and i have to pay to get it fixed. Paying this much for a machine to last a couple of years is absurd, the quality should be much better than that but there are so many people posting stories of similar issues with this machine, Breville clearly have some quality issues to address. Will be getting the repair quoted and going to ACCC if i have to, to ensure that Breville cover the repair costs of their faulty product. Have also had quality issues with other Breville appliances, this is the last straw and i will NOT be buying Breville again.

Purchased in March 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$1,224.00.

GrinderBreville BCG820 (Grinder)
Doons

DoonsNorth Queensland, QLD

Impressed

I brought this machine as a clearance model(bes920) for $999, they’re now bep920, the difference is they’ve gone from 1700watt up to 2100 watt, no biggie because I brought solely on the reviews for the older model.. I’ve had it a week And so far absolutely love every bit of this machine, heats up quick, makes great consistent coffee and the frother is better than I expected (that was important for me).. Can’t fault it and will give a update in due time.

Purchased in August 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$999.00.

Adrian G

Adrian GSydney, NSW

Captain Reliable

I've had this for a couple of years now I think, never misses a beat, primarily used to grind to make cold brew. I probably use it once every month or two and it faithfully works every time.
So, why review now? Well, I was looking up this to recommend for a friend and thought I best also contribute as a long time owner as I use this site a lot myself when looking to buy appliances.
Cheers.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for A$299.00.

Appliances

Find out how Breville Dual Boiler with Smart Grinder BES920 / BCG820 compares to other Appliances

Awesome machine, perfect cup

I bought the BES920 and Smart Grinder 3 years ago and it hasn’t missed a beat. It took a bit of playing with the grinder to get the best combination of time and grind for a great cup. It is probably due for a service as a couple of washers appear to have been worn, however after a few thousand cups of coffee, it is a total bargain. Having a dual boiler is great, I had a single boiler Delonghi model before this, and frankly it was crap. I can not recommend this high enough, it’s a bargain.

Purchased in August 2017 at Bing Lee for A$1,200.00.

Can't recommend enough!

Closest one can get to commercial in the home for under $1000aud. Really for an enthusiast or someone looking to become one. This machine provides the tools to get the most out of any bean

Purchased in January 2020 for A$400.00.

Fred

Fred

Great machine, excellent backup

I have had this machine for two years. It has given reliable service and has delivered consistently good shots. I have cyclists in the family - they drink triple shot macchiatoes. I prefer latte. All of us love the coffee. Customer service responded extremely well to my recent request to have the firmware reset after descaling.

Purchased in July 2018 at Myer for A$999.00.

GrinderCompak K3 Touch
Ben

BenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to use, difficult to master....

Purchased in April 2020 at The Good Guys.

Nat

Nat

Best value for a coffee grinder

Had been using a cheap grinder for coffee for 2 weeks. Always get inconsistent in grind size and poor extraction. So decided to get one of this grinder after research. So after using this grinder, my extraction is way more crema on top and tastes a lot better! Best buy

Purchased in April 2020 at Bing Lee Online store for A$215.00.

Adman

Adman

Highly capable and reasonably idiot-proof

Purchased in December 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$850.00.

GrinderSunbeam Cafe Series Conical Burr EM0480

Bassa

BassaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

A Real Statement in Home Coffee Grinders

Itisfunny

ItisfunnyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

4 years review you get what you paid for

Purchased in June 2016 at David Jones for A$799.00.

GrinderEureka Mignon Specialta
Mason W.

Mason W.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

5 years later mostly Good but some Downsides

Purchased in August 2014 at JB Hi-Fi for A$1,400.00.

GrinderBreville BCG820 (Grinder)
Steve

SteveRichmond-Tweed, NSW

WOW ... love this machine.

Just returned the second Sunbeam EM7100 within a week as neither of them produced enough steam power to produce micro foam, they only heated the milk, terribly underpowered, to get half decent espresso required a lot of fiddling with the settings. The Good Guys had this beauty marked down to $485.00. Straight out of the box it made a near perfect Latte macchiato without even trying, beautiful rich micro foam in under 20 secs, perfect temperature, rich espresso fabulous machine for a home domestic appliance. Highly recommend this machine if your not a coffee snob and just love a good coffee.

Purchased in October 2019 at The Good Guys for A$485.00.

Sally M

Sally MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great machine

Love the versatility of this machine. It makes great coffee and is easily adjust to make coffee to everyone's taste. I love the fact that I can make coffee and texturise milk at the same time.

Purchased in August 2019.

Kerri5

Kerri5South East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic machine

This machine replaced my Oracle Touch and it was the best purchase I have made. It is consistent in the grinding and the draw of the coffee is perfect. You need to make sure that you put in good coffee - the rule is rubbish in rubbish out and that is true. Fresh beans grind perfectly and the after using a professional machine this machine is perfect.

Purchased in June 2018 at Joyce Mayne Physical store for A$1,199.00.

RoboCook

RoboCookMid North Coast, NSW

Excellent value for Money

Fired Up

Fired UpYellow River

Breville Coffee machines - My experience

Hi,
This is a review of both 920 and 820 machines.

Background:-
Over many years we have purchased and used a variety of different coffee machines (none that included a built in grinder).
After our last machine failed we researched and purchased both these Breville ma

Trish

TrishNortheast, VIC

I can't tell you how much I love this machine!

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$1,089.00.

jb4105

jb4105Downer 2602, ACT

Dail your coffee grind

I bought an 820 and used it only for a week and the grinder failed. Breville replaced it without a problem and the second one has been grinding away for a month or two and I really like it. It has its own timer so you don't have to stand with your finger on the button while it grinds. I like the different settings for the grade of grind. I do find some ground coffee under the container when I use it but not a major problem. I haven't used the single or double grind feature. As I often have a second cup during the day I always use the container

Purchased in May 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for A$195.00.

Yili Zhu

Yili ZhuCoombs 2611, ACT

Excellent design

It offers settings for volume and fineness of coffee powder. The digital display is useful. The automatic start function is quite handy. The user interface is excellent. I bought it to replace my old Delonghi grinder that can’t make fine powder anymore. It is a pleasant surprise that the coffee is markedly better with this grinder.

Purchased in July 2019 at Bing Lee for A$190.00.

Yewasked

BES920 (Dual Boiler)

My Breville bes920 steam wand has stopped working, I get 3 bi bi bi sound when I open it. I thought it could be non desalting problem, but unfortunately problem persist after I descale. Anyone know what might be the problem? I live in Malaysia, I bought unit from Melbourne, no local agent to help.

Descaling, not desalting

Hi Yew

I found this thread, there is a link to a possible solution on CoffeeGeeks in the thread.

deborahltch05asked

Dual Boiler with Smart Grinder BES920 / BCG820

Hi just descaling my Breville Dynamatic Duo BEP920 and it says there should be a countdown of 20 (assuming minutes) but can’t see anything is this normal do t know if it’s heating up in the boilers or not
Hope someone can help
Thanks Deb

Worked it out

Lee Rasked

BES920 (Dual Boiler)

I have recently completed a descale on my dual boiler. Reset and all good, however, when I turn in machine, with Water tank half full, i can hear machine filling up with water then reaches temperature and extracts well (9.5 bar) and steams milk, however after I turn it off , water must be leaking from machine as within few hours the drip tray is completely full of water and the water tank is empty - didn’t do this before the descale? Any ideas?

Dariodar
Dariodar

did you close the steam boiler drain plug???

Lee R

Thank you - you are correct, wasn’t quite tight enough - water has stoped leaking

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives