Breville Dual Boiler with Smart Grinder BES920 / BCG820

Breville Dual Boiler with Smart Grinder BES920 / BCG820

BCG820 (Grinder) and BES920 (Dual Boiler)

Sally M

Sally MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great machine

Love the versatility of this machine. It makes great coffee and is easily adjust to make coffee to everyone's taste. I love the fact that I can make coffee and texturise milk at the same time.

Purchased in August 2019.

Kerri5

Kerri5South East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic machine

This machine replaced my Oracle Touch and it was the best purchase I have made. It is consistent in the grinding and the draw of the coffee is perfect. You need to make sure that you put in good coffee - the rule is rubbish in rubbish out and that is true. Fresh beans grind perfectly and the after using a professional machine this machine is perfect.

Purchased in June 2018 at Joyce Mayne Physical store for $1,199.00.

RoboCook

RoboCookMid North Coast, NSW

Excellent value for Money

fred f

fred fYellow River

Breville Coffee machines - My experience

Hi,
This is a review of both 920 and 820 machines.

Background:-
Over many years we have purchased and used a variety of different coffee machines (none that included a built in grinder).
After our last machine failed we researched and purchased both these Breville ma

Trish

TrishNortheast, VIC

I can't tell you how much I love this machine!

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,089.00.

jb4105

jb4105Downer 2602, ACT

Dail your coffee grind

I bought an 820 and used it only for a week and the grinder failed. Breville replaced it without a problem and the second one has been grinding away for a month or two and I really like it. It has its own timer so you don't have to stand with your finger on the button while it grinds. I like the different settings for the grade of grind. I do find some ground coffee under the container when I use it but not a major problem. I haven't used the single or double grind feature. As I often have a second cup during the day I always use the container

Purchased in May 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $195.00.

Yili Zhu

Yili ZhuCoombs 2611, ACT

Excellent design

It offers settings for volume and fineness of coffee powder. The digital display is useful. The automatic start function is quite handy. The user interface is excellent. I bought it to replace my old Delonghi grinder that can’t make fine powder anymore. It is a pleasant surprise that the coffee is markedly better with this grinder.

Purchased in July 2019 at Bing Lee for $190.00.

Eric W.

Eric W.Far North Queensland, QLD

Very good grinder

Nice small grinder, and best of all the brands, grind nice coffee, and fits perfectly with the coffee machine, and no regreting buying this one, especially during the sale, good price.

craigwreid1

craigwreid1New South Wales, 2114

Clumpy grinds - awful grinder

Bought the dynamic duo and spent about a week trying to get a decent grind out of this grinder. The clumping and channeling the grinder caused was appalling. So much so I took the grinder back (particularly as it was making strange noises). I got another which wasn’t much better which I sold on eBay in disgust! My 9 year old sunbeam grinder out performed this every time. Now happy with a proper grinder (macap).

Purchased in February 2018.

Debbie

DebbiePerth, WA

Love this coffee machine

Great machine... I’m pretty fussy with my coffee and after watching a couple of online videos and tweaking my settings this is producing coffee just as good as my favourite coffee shop. And I got it at a great price before it was replaced by the latest model, so great value too.

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys.

AdrianandShel

AdrianandShelSydney Surrounds, NSW

Perfect coffee every time

Best machine I have owned. Easy to operate manually or automatic - makes perfect coffee time after time. Steam wand has great manouverability for perfect silky milk. Easy to clean. Recommend!

Purchased in August 2015 at Harvey Norman Electronics Physical Store for $1,499.00.

Nelson Dailo

Nelson DailoSydney, NSW

Perfect Combination!

This combo is by far the best we've had. We have owned numerous expresso machines for years and these ones is up there. Very easy to operate. Love the designs.

Purchased in May 2018 at Betta Home Living for $1,599.00.

Soviet

SovietAdelaide

A great coffee machine three years later

Purchased in April 2016 at Harvey Norman for $693.00.

Consistency
Milk Frothing
GrinderBreville Smart Grinder BCG800

Melissa S

Melissa SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best priced dual boiler espresso machine for home use

Caru

CaruSydney, NSW

Great until....

Purchased in October 2017 at The Good Guys for $1,079.00.

Consistency
Milk Frothing
GrinderBreville BCG820 (Grinder)
Paul

Paul

Good machine. Great value. Owner message re descaling included in this review.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

happyhippy

happyhippySunshine Coast

Best bang for the buck.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

John T

John TSydney

Paid for itself pretty quickly

Great machine. easy to use and produces consistent quality coffee.
I would recommend the Breville dual boiler to any coffee lover contempllating a coffee machine purchase.
I believe this particular model is no.longer available but it's replacement is almost identical.
Bought the machine and grinder separately from different retailers which was 200$ cheaper than buying the combination package.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Amazed

AmazedBRISBANE

Cafe experience at home - almost

Great machine that is easy to use. Has never skipped a beat and with the right settings and coffee beans provides an excellent coffee. We have tried a number of coffee beans and settings to determine what the ideal brew is for use. The dual boiler is quite handy when making multiple coffees as it allows the coffee to be prepared whilst the milk is being frothed. This model was bought upon a recommendation which it has lived up to!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Dicko

DickoBrisbane

Never thought a more expensive machine, would mean much better Coffee

After having a couple of the smaller cheaper lower end Breville machines, I decided to bite the bullet, and fork out for the next level.
Never would I have expected the difference from the same beans, to be staggering.
The real time clock is a bonus, allowing you to program it to be on and ready when you awake.
The Dual Boiler is the best part about it, allowing you to steam the milk while you brew the coffee at the same time.
This machine is so good, it turns mediocre beans, into a quality coffee.
I will replace this when it is required, with yet another Breville machine, given that the replacements, are just a face lift of the same tried and proven machines.

Date PurchasedJan 2017