VerifiedMPNs:412019, 5326 and BKE320

2.5

ehmert
ehmertGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC27 posts

No complaints after 2 years

Reading other reviews I get the sense there are los of whingers around. We've had this kettle for just over 2 years with daily use, almost several times a day. No faults to mention. It's compact but a good size for two people, boils quickly and the soft open lid is a nice touch. Yes the top window collects droplets on the inside but it's a kettle. Limescale collects on the inside because it's a kettle. No limescale monsters are going to leap out at you, just clean it. It's also loud, louder than my electric toothbrush, but then I remembered, oh yes it's a kettle.

Ros L.
Ros L.Perth, WA10 posts

It's a kettle!

Solid little stainless steel kettle and perfect for 1 or 2 people. Lighter due its compact size. Boils fairly quickly. Noise: Average for a kettle. Design: Outside of kettle does get very hot so beware around small children. The water gauge is difficult to view, but very easy to water level when you open the large diameter lid. Show details
Ann
AnnSydney, NSW

Terrible

Very loud when operating. Too hard to read filling quantity due to its location. Water awful taste. The so called limescale filter, holes too big to be effective. Would not recommend. Show details
Miss HelpfulSydney, NSW55 posts

Happy with this kettle

This kettle, in the clear range, is a good size for one or two people. It looks nice and I like being able to see the water boiling inside. It boils a little faster than my larger kettle. The lid collects condensation bubbles though, being glass in the centre. I would prefer a fine filter in the spout rather than perforated holes, a cheaper option not favoured by me for the price. When cleaning the scale marks off the bottom next time I will fill less than 2/3 as a little water/vinegar solution boils out at the end. Luckily I placed it on my sink. Do on a warm day as you need to open a window to rid vinegar smell out of the house. Show details
RongSydney, NSW24 posts

Perfect for one person use

The product images show it has a aluminium body but it has a plastic water level part on the side, The water level is difficult to look at there, I am not sure why it was designed. The aluminium quality is good and I found the whole unit quite solid. It is a bit noisy when boiling, a little bit noisier than my last used Chinese brand kettle. The size is perfect for one person, however, if you use it with 2 or more people, 1L could be too small.

Susan Wilder
Susan WilderSydney5 posts

Great Little Kettle

I bought this kettle for a small bed-sit kitchen and it's great. It holds plenty of water for its size and boils quickly. I think it would suit a standard size kitchen as well. It has a soft open lid (nice) and it's not too noisy. It's mostly made of metal and the stainless steel doesn't mark/show fingerprints, marks etc.

Snapperking
Snapperking

Pity about the plastic top

A great kettle but the plastic top on the lid soon became cloudy and cracked. No, I did not overfill it. I emailed Breville but they said the spare part was not available. That is not like Breville, in my experience, and my next kettle will be a different brand.

A.M10 posts

Nice compact shape looks good on the benchtop

Like the wide,soft opening see through lid and the design which avoids the overuse of plastics in the interior. This results in a limited view of the water level from the exterior but you can get a fair idea anyway by looking through the lid. Conveniently positioned switch on/off and opener.

Show details ·  1

Henry58
Henry58Sydney4 posts

Kula S.
Kula S.

I bought a new Bke320 1 litre Breville kettle. There is a sound like a pebble or marble stuck in the kettle. I cant see and dont know where the noise is but the noise is real. Pl advise?Thank you

Miss Helpful

Sorry I can’t advise, as my kettle doesn’t make that type of noise. It may be faulty.

Rong

Does it sound different from other kettles you used in the past? It is hard to know how the pebble/marble stuck sounds in your case. Can you see if you can post a sound or video on what you experienced?

Lesley

Can anyone tell me what it weighs dry please? It's for my elderly mother and she wants a lightweight kettle.

Yes, it weighs under a kilogram. About .8kg

Lesley

Thanks heaps AM. That sounds like a buy then !

CategoryElectric Kettles