Brilliant Silver White Hair Toner

Brilliant Silver White Hair Toner

Awesome

As have most of your viewers, my sister and I used Magic Silver White when we were teenagers - she had brown hair and I had black hair and it only just managed a slight colour over the black, however, now that my hair is absolutely white <a href="https://time4buying.com/best-hair-toners/">time4buying.com/best-hair-toners</a>, it is a different matter. It is amazing how many people compliment me on my hair. I get the thumbs up from the younger ones. I can go from a deep colour to a very light shade. I think I have used about 10 bottles since I found it a few years ago.

The one thing I have against it is that, unlike the original product, the new one does not last as long in the hair. I wash my hair every 4 days and finds that it starts to fade from the first day.

I have also put some in a spray bottle for touchups after the first 2 days.

Purchased in October 2018.

LOVE LOVE LOVE this product!!

Absolutely can’t live without my Brilliant Silver White drops! Best product I’ve ever used for getting cool tones through my blonde hair. Until finding the magic drops, my hair would sadly turn a very unattractive straw yellow colour a couple of washes after my monthly colour, no matter which purple/blue shampoo or conditioner I used.
But a year ago I found the drops and have never received so many compliments about my hair colour.
I’ve found the easiest way to use it is to keep a 1L jug in the shower and at the end of my hair washing routine I just pop 10-15 drops (no more or my hair turns quite purple!) into the jug, fill it with warm water, tip my head back & pour the water over my hair. It leaves my hair beautifully soft & shiny plus it now has the most gorgeous cool blonde silvery tone to it! LOVE it! And I rarely use my purple shampoo & conditioner anymore either so that’s saving me $$ too.

Love this product

Totally agree with all the other reviews. It works perfectly on my blonde foils for a natural ashy look. Have been using it for about 3 years. As i have short hair, all i use is a couple of drops , maybe 2 or 3 in a 1litre bottle of warm water. I wash and condition first, and then pour the bottle over my hair and then towel dry. Works perfectly everytime. My hairdresser now uses it on her own hair and loves it.

Pros and Cons

As have most of your viewers, my sister and I used Magic Silver White when we were teenagers - she had brown hair and I had black hair and it only just managed a slight colour over the black, however, now that my hair is absolutely white, it is a different matter. It is amazing how many people compliment me on my hair. I get the thumbs up from the younger ones. I can go from a deep colour to a very light shade. I think I have used about 10 bottles since I found it a few years ago.
I have also put some in a spray bottle for touchups after the first 2 days.

Brilliant result, as the name implies

I am half way through growing out my grey, which is silver, charcoal and white and recently had some very cleverly placed bleached foils done in my short stacked bob of old brown colour, to even it all out. Most of my hair bleached to a near white, some a creamy blonde, but which over time begin to yellow, no matter what purple shampoo you use, and I have some good brands. I had high expectations for this product due to the reviews, and I have not been disappointed. I went with 7 drops but will reduce this to 3 next time, as I had to wash some blue out of my very white natural hair. I filled up my basin, and poured over, and then I dunked my head into basin to get the top of my scalp. I have put what was in basin into a spray bottle for touch ups. My hair now is all cool toned, and you can't really tell where the bleaching starts and the natural ends! Very happy!

SECOND REVIEW AFTER SECOND USE WITH SPRAY BOTTLE

For my hair the spray bottle that I filled up with the last solution was not effective, even though I drenched my hair with it (wet freshly washed and conditioned hair). So I went back to dipping my head into a sink of fresh water with 4 drops, and now I know I can go down to 3 next time. Instant toning! Maybe it is the warm water and fresh drops that works best.

THIRD REVIEW AFTER THIRD USE

Wow, this is a very concentrated and customisable toner. Which is great because I have 4 colours in my hair, natural white, natural brown, natural grey, and bleached blonde. So this review may help you transitioning ladies with multi coloured hair out there. To get the overall light silver/steel grey/ashy brown look that I want, I have worked out what the different colours in my hair need. The white natural is 2.5 drops to take it to the light steel grey I love. The bleached blonde and brown requires 3 drops to keep it cool ash blonde and brown tones. The natural charcoal grey I have just intensifies with the 3 drops but 2 to 2.5 drops is sufficient. This all makes sense because my white hair is the most porous and needs less. So I put 2.5 drops in 1.5 litres in a shallow rectangular bucket (I need that amount to dip my head in) and I saturate the front white section and top of my scalp first. I then clip that hair out of the way. I then add one more drop to the mix and do the sides of my head where I have bleached and brown bits. I then pour the solution over the back of my head (without it going near my front) to get all the natural charcoal grey. This method gives me an overall cool silver steel tone and pulls all my colours together. It's worth experimenting with and once you find out what works, it all becomes very quick and easy to do after washing your hair.

Found you again

I, too used to use this when I was a teenager in the 70's. I sort of forgot about it as I started using other hair colour products. Then with this new fad of young women "greying" their hair I remembered how this product used to work.
I asked my hairdresser, she vaguely remembered it and suggested I try Ebay.
It tones down my brassy blonde hair and gives it a more white-ish/ silver look. If I leave my hair submerged for longer it takes on a mauve tone. I tend to fill my sink with water and squeeze in a few drops depending on the tone I am going for.
Found It.! Love It!

so glad I found you old friend

like a lot of women from the 70's I used both Magic Silver White and Silver Pink to great effect. I find that the toners I used to stop the brassy blonde colour dry my hair out. I was over the moon when a friend suggested I Google Magic Silver White and I found it. Yahoo. I'm now on my second bottle and love that I can regulate the amount of colour I add to go with each day's look. I will never be without this again.

Banish the brassines

Used the product as directed by the instructions and it worked perfectly...
Took all the yellow brassy colour away & left me with a soft light ash colour.
Very happy

Old school

Great product simple to use and is effective in toning down brassy hair colour. Will purchase product again. But you need so very little just a few eue drops for the toner to work. Will be awhile before i need to purchase again. Very economical.

Absolutely perfect product if you are transitioning from blonde to natural grey.

As I'm growing out my salon highlighted blonde hair and allowing my natural grey/white to come through, I was searching for a more gentle solution to tone down the brassiness of my bleached hair and blur the line between regrowth. A quick search on the internet came up with Brilliant Silver White Hair Toner, being a similar product to the 1980's hair toner I used called Magic Silver White. Absolutely does the job to perfection. Very simple to use, in my case 15 drops into the sink, saturate my hair working into the roots through to the ends and I'm done. The result is exactly what I am looking for. No yellow tones, blends and evens out the regrowth and leaves my hair shiny and silky. I also put a few drops into a spray bottle with water for my days in between shampooing and conditioner. A light spritz all over to dampen my hair, a quick blow dry and I look like I just stepped out from my hairdressers. I've even used it to obtain a dramatic purple stripe on the side of my hair for a night out, by using a few drops straight from the bottle. The beauty of this product is how versatile a result you can achieve. From a subtle toning out of unwanted brassiness to a white platinum look to a slight purple tinge to an all out statement in violet. So even if the desired tone is not achieved, you can either wash it out or add more drops without panicking as it is not permanent. Honestly, you will not be disappointed using Brilliant Silver White Toner.

Fantastic product

I use this as a toner I now add a few drops to my conditioner and it leaves my hair soft and a removes all that nasty brassy look. Can also be used to go purple or rose for the weekend if you feel lik e it

Amazing results, so happy!

Love having blonde hair, but after 2 weeks leaving the salon my hair starts throwing yellow tones everytime. No purple shampoo works on my hair. I was just about to go back to brown when I saw this on eBay. When I used it I wasn't expecting much of a change but wow This is the best toner Available, leaves my hair soft and looking like I've just left the hairdressers every single time! takes away all brassy tones leaving my hair the exact colour I love! I used 15 drops to 1 litre of water and only poured it over once! Thank you for discovering this amazing product brilliant silver white!! Highly recommended:)

Brilliant

This is - I think - the only toner on earth that isn't drying. A few drops in water, poured repeatedly over the head, and you're done. Hair is left in great condition and it's especially wonderful for grey/silver hair, as well.

Best blonde Hair Toner Ive ever used

I have been looking for a product for years, and finally I found it !!! best Hair toner ever and easy to use, wear gloves although it washes out after a couple of washers, you buy a 15ml or 50ml bottle , I buy the 50ml and its last a good year freshening up my bottle blonde hair, I love it, I'm pretty sure its an Australian product, it used to be called Magic silver white in the 70s, ps: I also use it on my white Samoyed, it gets rid of the yellow urine stains as well, Ill never use any other product again , nothing I have tried has ever come close to this, GREAT STUFF as they say lols

November 11th 2017 Update: Best Blonde Hair Toner ever

Brilliant product for light coloured hair!
I absolutely LOOOVED this product ! I was very luckily chosen to review it for Beauty Review and I am so glad that I was ! I have ombre hair ( my tips are blonde and the rest of my hair is a light brown colour) and it worked amazingly it made my tips go from a nasty un treated yellow toned blonde to a nice white bright and soft looking blonde BUT it didn't end there ! My natural hair colour has gone lighter also which I am stoked with ! (if you didn't want this to happen you would only put it on your blonde bits) I read the directions very throughly first as I didn't want my hair to fall out or something crazy (HAHA) I found it very easy to follow the only thing I could recommend to the company would be to provide plastic gloves in the packaging as these can be hard to buy as singles ( who really needs a whole box of them unless you are a doctor lol ) so over all I am soooo happy with this product and will definitely continue to use it ! I wish I knew about it when I was platinum blonde ! Thanks Beauty Review :)

September 5th 2018 Update: Love this product

I only use 2 drops, the little bottle last for ever, love this product so much !! nights when I am going out I had another few drops in the basin and I end up with the most beautiful mauve colour.

The PERFECT toner and so simple to use

Look no further than Brilliant SIlver White if you want instant results to brassy yellow tones in your blonde hair. I have been using this product for more than 6 years now and I would be lost with out it. Not only will you achieve the amazing blonde locks you are after but you will save so much money. Being super concentrated a bottle lasts ages so it is fantastic value for money. I also like the fact that it is 100%s Vegan and cruelty free. I recommend Brilliant Silver White to any blonde whether they have brassy hair or not, once you try it you will never use anything else.

the best product ever

I have used this product now for 5yrs, nothing like it around. My blonde hair is so beautiful after I use it, I would highly recommend this product to anyone who suffers from the dreaded yellow and brassy tones.
It is the best product I have ever used on my hair. Highly recommended

Glad i found it!

I've been looking for this stuff for years since the original Magic Silver White was discontinued. I have tried ALL the purple shampoos and nasty chemical toners out there, but nothing is is easy to use as this. As the previous reviewer said, wear gloves when using it as it's very concentrated. I only use 10 drops in some water so the little bottle lasts for ages, making it good value too. Bought it online through eBay and shipping was quick, got it in a couple of days. Will buy again.