JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

Max Strength, Normal Strength (See All)
See the Best Hair Dyes in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for JoBaz Hair Dye Remover? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

Works effectively
Non-harmful ingredients

Cons

Unpleasant smell
A lot of rinsing is required to work properly

Michelle
MichellePerth, WA
  • Top Review

Winning product !

L2018
L2018Sunderland
  • Top Review

Didn’t work

I have used colour before a few times over the years and have always had amazing results however last night I decided to remove my black dye again having last dyed my hair black about 3 months ago and used the same dye I always use. I left the colour before on for 60 mins and did all the correct washing stages, when rinsing my hair no colour could be seen leaving my hair usually I see the water rinsing a different colour. My hair is literally still black no colour left my hair at all. Is it possible it’s out of date and didn’t work for this reason? I am a little upset as I now have to go out and buy another in the attempt to lift it again

absolutely the best

I made comparing with another (far more expensive) product from Wella.... The winner is Jobaz!!!!! see comparative photos of how much hair color these products pulls......Jobaz lightened far more than Wella!

Did what it says

Product lifted the majority of copper, brown and red from my hair. I didn't put it on my roots as they didn't need colour removed. See pictures. Lifted better than expected, I'm a dirty fair colour naturally but have had blonde highlights for 10 + years and then a copper blend. Happy with results I used a dark Ash blonde all over afterwards which worked well.

Purchased in for $4.99.

Best product ever !!

I put rose gold on my hair and went a horrible pink . This stuff is so amazing took it all out and my hair feels fine not dry at all

Purchased in for $5.39.

Dani H.
Dani H.

Really good but…

Although I was happy with the results I wasn’t at all happy or comfortable with the process. The product had a strange consistency and it didn’t smell too good. I’ll still use it again but I’ll stay away from people

Marian M.
Marian M.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Total Waste

This is a horrible product. Please don’t waste your money and time on this product. It does nothing except damages your hair and when you try to contact their customer service, they are as hopeless as their products.

Purchased in at Priceline for $21.

• Ease of Application

Worked on removing red hair

I had bright red hair which I had for about a year, topped up in between permanent colour with a semi to keep vibrancy. It striped my hair to the base orange but is extremely strong smelling (rotten egg) even after 5 washes so far so be warmed. I will leave it 2 days before bleaching the orange tone out with Olia bleach then recolour with a toner to ash blonde (well that’s the plan)

Did not break my hair, when wet it feels clumpy and dry it feels fine.

It did burn my scalp so if you have a sensitive scalp I wouldn’t recommend it. Four stars due to the burning scalp.

• Ease of Application

Do not buy this product!!!

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
Christmas gift ideas for the beauty lover in your life

christmas-gift-ideas-for-the-beauty-lover-in-your-life

Beware if you have asthma

The minute I started to put this on my hair I had a bad asthma attack from the fumes it gives off. Take care using it if you gave any kind of respiratory disorder.

Mel
MelSydney, NSW

Better than other brands I used

It really strips out semis and even permanent colours out. I had used this multiple times in the past when ever I wanted to go few shades lighter. Sadly they don’t sell JoBaz in Sydney anymore for some reason :( so I used the Scott Cornwall brand and did nothing and just wasted money on it. So I would recommend this to anyone but the only downside is just the smell.

Purchased at Priceline.

Worked but not properly

I used this brand on my purple hair and it removed the purple but my hair is now blue/green at the bottom. I don’t know how this happened but it did. I don’t recommend using it

Purchased in for $7.42.

Fantastic results

Purchased in at Semichem for $4.99.

Dolores S.
Dolores S.Hunter Region, NSW

Really worked so well

Purchased in at Priceline for $29.99.

Kylie K.
Kylie K.

Was okay but even max strength cant remove oldish hair colour...

It smelled gross but I didn't really mind, it sorta hurt but thats natural since it's made of chemicals.
It did get rid of some of the old colour nearf the roots and the buffer smelled really nice, if you've just made a hair colour mistake this would be very good for removing.
Also I had many blonde streaks with green blue colour on them.
And it costed about 12$?

Purchased in at pricelines for $12.

Steer clear, just awful.

Ive been dying my hair since my teens, using numerous products over the years. I saw this in savers UK, it was the cheapest there and was within my budget. Fast forward after application, looked like it worked (I go bright ginger). After rinsing it went back to dark brown/black! All it's done is made my hair smell and wasted my money. Now got to purchase a more pricey one that actually works!

Carpi
CarpiPerth, WA

Very gentle on hair

The smell is over exaggerated. It has no horrible smell like ones say. It definitely removes colour from hair. I left it in for the full 60 minutes. I was so surprised. I recommend try it. It can’t hurt you. And make up your own mind. You have nothing to lose. I have almost waste length hair so used two boxes.

Purchased in at Priceline.

Stacey C.
Stacey C.asked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

I've put jobaz hair dye remover on my hair and don't c any change is it when u rinse it out u c the changes.?

Caitlin
Caitlinasked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

how long do i have to wait to use permanent red dye after stripping black box dye? it’s gonna go orange and i need to dye it for school i don’t want orange hair lol

tracy n.
tracy n.asked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

Will this product remove grey/silver hair colour from blond hair?

See all JoBaz Hair Dye Remover questions

Features:

Realise you made a mistake and want to get back to your normal shade without dishing out on salon prices? There is now an affordable DIY solution.

Permanent hair dyes work by expanding artificial dye molecules in the shaft of your hair so they can’t be washed out. JoBaz’s hair dye remover contains a formula that reverses this process and shrinks them so that they can be washed out.

The maximum strength edition works in 60 minutes and the normal strength product works in 30 minutes. Simply combine the activator (part A) and remover (part B), massage the product into your hair for the required time and then rinse off to remove the hair dye.

What reviewers thought:

Many reviews have claimed that the product worked very well for them, lifting previous dye jobs with ease.

A point of contention among the reviewers was the smell of the product which can be overpowering and unpleasant. Another key issue is that if the rinsing is not done properly and rigorously enough, the dye molecules will not be washed out and will expand again, therefore, putting the dye back in the hair.

Compare both JoBaz Hair Dye Remover