Budget Direct Landlord Insurance

Budget Direct Landlord Insurance

Keith Godfrey

Keith GodfreyWheatbelt, WA

This seems to be a good fit and cost for my limited budget

Policy looks to be good value and not too difficult to set up. I will know for sure after I make a claim, if I ever need to, and see how well that is processed.

Arnold A.

Great experience taking out insurance on the phone

Easy to deal with, Great value for equivalent product when compared with competitors, even had a laugh as we worked together to complete the application, the phone caller had an excellent telephone manner

Nandu

NanduSydney, NSW

Simple & easy experience

Policy was easy to setup. Email reminder on the quote few days later made it convenient to accept the offer. The price was also competitive compared to other insurance providers.

Charbel Touma

Charbel ToumaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good experience so far

My policy was very easy to set up and I was very happy with the process. I just hope if the time comes and I need to make a claim it's just as easy

Find a different insurer

A tennant renting my property caused 25 thousand dollars worth of damage. Budget direct called it malicious damage (which was not in the cover) and refused to pay out.

Budget direct covered very little insured events. Read the product disclosure statement very carefully before taking out insurance with them. Very disappointed with budget direct and also a little confused why so many people have given them a high rating as many other insurers give better cover for a lower cost.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateJanuary 2019

Absolutely necessary

Very good value and easy to get and set up. Should be no hesitation in renewing when the time know.Would recommend whenever I am asked by friends about house insurance.

Lisa Chang

Lisa ChangSydney, NSW

Excellent and easy service

My policy was good value. And it was very easy to set up and I am very happy about my new home policy. Looking forward to the next renewal experience.

Very easy

Yes I when I enquired about a quote on line it was very easy, straight forward & a very competitive price so decided to go ahead & secure the house & contents insurance for our rental property with Budget Direct. We’re saving $30 per month from our previous insurer.

All good!

I feel my policy is good value & that should I have any issues Budget will “be there” for me! At this stage, my policy seems good value for money - hopefully, I shall not need it!

Anne Noonan

Anne Noonan

Budget price for good cover

Good value and really helpful , made the process simple to change from my previous insurer. I would recommend budget direct as they always offer consistently good products, never claimed so cannot comment

Jeet

JeetSydney Surrounds, NSW

Absolute junk insurance

Purchased Landlord Insurance cover from budget. Just been advised that the excess is $2500 and the max claimable is $5800. Absolute junk, do not purchase landlord insurance from budget direct.

1985rnd

1985rndSydney, NSW

"System" wouldn't allow to change the date!

Angry Optus

Angry OptusPerth, WA

These Guys are Bad. Buyer Beware!

Purchased landlord insurance over the phone to cover property, loss of rent etc and all was well until I made a claim. I had a government tendency agreement in place with my tenants as is the law in WA and all was by the book. Tenants missed lots of rent and damaged the property. I had signed before and after photos for evidence.

As an excuse for not paying these crooks used a term “Excludes loss or damage caused by you, a household member or someone who entered the home with your consent”.

In other words tenants are invited guests.
Well drrr “landlord insurance” sure you are going to have tenants.

Going to contact the ACCC anyway.

Claim DateNovember 2018
Claim ApprovedNo

Quick and easy to organise

Whole process of setting up the insurance was quite easy. I did have some questions and was able to speak to a customer service person who was able to answer my questions.

Done roaming

Done roamingWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Good value

Have 2 policies, very easy to set up. Staff extremely helpful, and efficient, explaining policies, what you need to claim for, etc. Also seem to be good price at this stage, haven’t made any claims yet though!!!

Robert Marshall

Robert MarshallSydney, NSW

Sales staff chap treated me like family and set up my needs.

Policy was the best value around and with the assistance from the easy phone conversation it was set up in no time. Would recommend budget to anyone
that's after a landlord policy. Thanks budget. Roymarshall

Claim MadeNo

We are not charging you an excess but we will not pay you any money as it is less than the excess???

Claim DateJanuary 2019

Danny

Dannysydney

Absolutely disgusting legal scam

Claim DateDecember 2018

Sally P

Sally PTasmania

Great price no frills policy

Really liked being able to only pay for what we want, add ons available. Great price. I did read full documents before purchasing and was happy as it covered what we needed

Paul

PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Landlord insurance

Good value offered good protection for many items of loss.
Website easy to use.
Cheapest of the major landlord insurance groups but provided excellent coverage.
Will definitely use them again if they remain competitive

Dayanand K.

Dayanand K.asked

Under landlord insurance, Is the home insurance same as building insurance?
Budget Direct mention only as home insurance in the website, I am confused now:(
Also, while getting an online quote, I didn't see the excess amount info.

Arnold A.

Yes landlord home ins covers the bldg, and excess options can be made once you commence the quotation process

Willy w

Willy wasked

Hi guys just a question on policy’s and what they cover which apart from price do they cover all important aspects?asking as this seems like to be probably the only decent one with good reviews

lib57

lib57asked

Most reviewers have not made a claim under their landlord insurance policy and are raving about saving money. The real test is if Budget Direct makes claiming easy and pays out in a timely fashion. One review I read made a claim and it was not a good experience. Are there anymore customers of BD who have made a claim against the policy? That is the real test. If the policy is cheaper than the others but doesn't pay out in the event of a claim, it's useless changing insurers. Better the devil you know than the one you don't.

Get an answer from our members and Budget Direct representatives