Budget Direct Landlord Insurance

Budget Direct Landlord Insurance

Listing monitored by Budget Direct

Pros

Affordable policies
Prompt and efficient customer service

• Claim Resolution Time
    • 2-4 weeks (2)
    • 3+ months (5)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (0) · No (7)

Lawrie H.
Lawrie H.Illawarra, NSW

It's good value

Yes it's good value 24/7 access made it easy for communication Policy was easy understood It's a well known and trusted brand There's is confidence in signing up with easy directions

aximili
aximiliGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Massively increases premium and charges you automatically without your consent

If you join Budget Direct, you have to agree that you will automatically be charged for the next year payment, which would be a lot more than your current one (the initial one might be competitive). Unless you cancel your policy before the automatic renewal. There is no way to "pay only when you want to renew". It's either automatic renewal, or cancel. No other insurers do this from my experience.

Their live chat is weird, they tell you they're a person but wouldn't tell you their name, and the way they respond is like a bot, you need a lot of time and patience to chat with them. It takes them a few minutes for every reply.

I've never made a claim yet. Will update this if that happens.

Budget landlord insurance

Yes I had our accountant did all the enquiries as my husband and I unable to at the moment they sent us all the details and we reviewed each and every one of them

Pauline
Pauline

Landlord’s Insurance

Budget Direct gave me a very competitive price on Landlord’s Home Insurance. The policy was easy to setup online and offered all the products I required including wilful damage and rent cover.

Landlord Insurance

Find out how Budget Direct Landlord Insurance compares to other Landlord Insurance

Great Value Home Insurance

It was a policy I wanted at a good price,Budjet Direct offers a lot of options which suits me.
Hopefully if I ever have to make a claim, Budjet Direct honour the policy.
In total very happy with the policy and price.
Great Value.

John
JohnGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Quick, efficient & Value for Money

The whole process is signing up was fine. I have not made a claim or rang customer service. But to date I am quite satisfied with the signing up process.

Abysmal service!

Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Karen F.
Karen F.Gippsland, VIC

Very helpful and a well informed member of saff

Yes very easy to set up and good value for money. I have not made a claim and though it's good to have it in place, I hope I don't need to.

Kevin Bell
Kevin BellPerth, WA

Rental

All good so far only been acting for a week or so .A lot cheaper than my last policy but time will tell how good it is.Hope it works well

dj
djIllawarra, NSW

Reasonably efficient. Minor technical trading required

Process completed in an efficient and friendly manner. Staff member was quite good but required some training in technical aspects of insurance - but overall acceptable. She detailed the cover excess and premium in a professional and friendly manner.The staff member acknowledge the training opportunity and thanked me for guidance without being offended.

Tennille C.
Tennille C.South East Queensland, QLD

"Landlord" cover does not cover tenant damage or loss of rent

We had landlord insurance with Budget and thought we would be covered for damage, turns out this is an additional "extra" that you need to add which is unclear when you purchase the policy. We were left out of pocket thousands of dollars due to this. Do not insure with these guys!

BBVic
BBVic

Perfect Policy for my Needs

The Budget Direct policy was easy to set up online. It came at a competitive price. If I’m ever unlucky enough to need to make a claim I hope that the claims process will be just as easy

John I.
John I.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good customer service

Policy was competitive and better value than other insurance companies I contacted. I changed from the insurance company I had a policy with for 20 years. I hope that Budget Direct’s claim processing is up to the standard of my previous insurance company.

Bobby
BobbyHunter Region, NSW

Purchased the policy-So far so good

Easy to deal and fair price. I can see all my insurances from budget direct in my account and have more control on products. No claim has been made yet.

Roddy
RoddyLogan

How Easy Can it get?

Needed a cover for a new house... in a hurry. Not only that I have some tenants for a couple of months so I had the added worry of working out what type of insurance and how to do it with a change over to a home policy imminent. I dreaded the search and the first few calls confirmed my fears... Then I went to the Budget Direct site and literally in 5 minutes I was set with the future needs set as well... So to reiterate... How Easy can it get! By the way the price was MORE than competitive... Well done, give the dog a treat on me.

Vicky
Vickyasked

Hi Budget Direct Landlord Insurance, I spoke to customer service at comparethemarket who said I don't qualify for budget direct as I made 4 claims (1 tenant default, 1 malicious damage, 2 weather claims) in last 3 years with my current insurer. is that correct?

Scott M.
Scott M.asked

Dear Customer Service, does Landlord insurance cover bushfire?

Peter
Peterasked

Hi, I am looking to insure as a landlord for contents in a 1 bed apartment in Darlinghurst. My questions:
Is Cover provided for 1. painted surfaces (ie if paint is damaged by a water leak for example) - eg roof, walls? 2) Is cover provided for damage resulting from: if say a domestic pipe bursts for the insured apartment? For apartments below?
Peter

john
john
See all Budget Direct Landlord Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Budget Direct representatives

Features

• Building insurance coverage includes investment property building, loss of net rental income caused by an insured event, debris removal and extra rebuilding costs, and fixtures permanently attached to the building.
  • Contents insurance coverage includes the contents of a rented-out house a landlord owns, removal and disposal of damaged contents, loss or damage to fittings and replacement of locks and key codes.
  • Optional add-ons to your policy for an additional premium include tenant default, flood cover, theft and malicious damage by tenants, and a sum insured safeguard.

Points of praise

• Budget Direct offered affordable policies thanks to competitive premiums, which new policyholders appreciated.
  • Policy set-up was quick and efficient, with staff members being friendly and easy to deal with.
  • The insurance company has thankfully made the process of switching over to Budget Direct from a different insurer easy and straightforward.

ProductReview_2022 Awards_logo

Budget Direct was able to give investment property owners peace of mind, thanks to good policies to protect their rentals. This has led to Budget Direct winning a 2022 ProductReview Award for Best Landlord Insurance. Landlords were especially grateful for the insurance company’s excellent value for money and customer service.