Budget Direct Landlord Insurance

Budget Direct Landlord Insurance

Great experience taking out insurance on the phone

Easy to deal with, Great value for equivalent product when compared with competitors, even had a laugh as we worked together to complete the application, the phone caller had an excellent telephone manner

Simple & easy experience

Policy was easy to setup. Email reminder on the quote few days later made it convenient to accept the offer. The price was also competitive compared to other insurance providers.

Good experience so far

My policy was very easy to set up and I was very happy with the process. I just hope if the time comes and I need to make a claim it's just as easy

Find a different insurer

A tennant renting my property caused 25 thousand dollars worth of damage. Budget direct called it malicious damage (which was not in the cover) and refused to pay out.

Budget direct covered very little insured events. Read the product disclosure statement very carefully before taking out insurance with them. Very disappointed with budget direct and also a little confused why so many people have given them a high rating as many other insurers give better cover for a lower cost.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateJanuary 2019

Absolutely necessary

Very good value and easy to get and set up. Should be no hesitation in renewing when the time know.Would recommend whenever I am asked by friends about house insurance.

Excellent and easy service

My policy was good value. And it was very easy to set up and I am very happy about my new home policy. Looking forward to the next renewal experience.

Very easy

Yes I when I enquired about a quote on line it was very easy, straight forward & a very competitive price so decided to go ahead & secure the house & contents insurance for our rental property with Budget Direct. We’re saving $30 per month from our previous insurer.

All good!

I feel my policy is good value & that should I have any issues Budget will “be there” for me! At this stage, my policy seems good value for money - hopefully, I shall not need it!

Claim MadeNo

Budget price for good cover

Good value and really helpful , made the process simple to change from my previous insurer. I would recommend budget direct as they always offer consistently good products, never claimed so cannot comment

Absolute junk insurance

Purchased Landlord Insurance cover from budget. Just been advised that the excess is $2500 and the max claimable is $5800. Absolute junk, do not purchase landlord insurance from budget direct.

Claim MadeNo

"System" wouldn't allow to change the date!

So.. I called budget direct to include Landlord cover on top of my existing prepaid home insurance. Mistakenly I mentioned the effective date one month in advance. However I realised it within the same call and asked the guy to change it and start one month earlier. He said he cannot change it be cause "System" would not allow him!

So the exact options he gave me were:
- Cancel my current policy and take up new one effective today. But the old policy will only get cancelled one month later as "System" would not allow him to make any changes since I requested change effective one month later. So essentially I will need to pay for same insurance with same company for same month twice!

or

- I do not get landlord cover for one month

or

- I pay $40 cancellation fee

So basically customers are left in deadlock because of "System". I would recommend to stay away from them as this experience is when I am trying to buy the policy! Can't imagine their claims process determined by "System"!

Since this I have cancelled my all insurances with them! Surely bit cheaper than others but you get what you pay for!

Claim MadeNo

These Guys are Bad. Buyer Beware!

Purchased landlord insurance over the phone to cover property, loss of rent etc and all was well until I made a claim. I had a government tendency agreement in place with my tenants as is the law in WA and all was by the book. Tenants missed lots of rent and damaged the property. I had signed before and after photos for evidence.

As an excuse for not paying these crooks used a term “Excludes loss or damage caused by you, a household member or someone who entered the home with your consent”.

In other words tenants are invited guests.
Well drrr “landlord insurance” sure you are going to have tenants.

Going to contact the ACCC anyway.

Claim DateNovember 2018
Claim ApprovedNo

Quick and easy to organise

Whole process of setting up the insurance was quite easy. I did have some questions and was able to speak to a customer service person who was able to answer my questions.

Good value

Have 2 policies, very easy to set up. Staff extremely helpful, and efficient, explaining policies, what you need to claim for, etc. Also seem to be good price at this stage, haven’t made any claims yet though!!!

Claim MadeNo

Sales staff chap treated me like family and set up my needs.

Policy was the best value around and with the assistance from the easy phone conversation it was set up in no time. Would recommend budget to anyone
that's after a landlord policy. Thanks budget. Roymarshall

Claim MadeNo

We are not charging you an excess but we will not pay you any money as it is less than the excess???

Having battled for almost three months now to make a claim on landlords insurance I was told malicious damage would be one claim and loss of rent another (all from the same situation) We had to pay $2900 excess as not only one months rent was excess but also the additional $500 excess from a standard policy??After arguing that writing on walls, paint thrown around the house and juice bottle smashed on floor to ruin floorboards was malicious and not general wear and tear, Budget agreed to pay out some of the malicious claim and said we would not be charged an excess for loss of rent (over $5000) But as the 4 weeks bond (which was used to clean the house, change locks, repair other damage not considered malicious) is not included we were expecting at least something to help cover over 8 weeks lost rent - but budget say as the amount is not more than the excess they will not pay us anything -You said you weren't charging us an excess???? After going round in circles, the Budget representative said 'we are not charging you an excess, the claim is less than your excess so we will not pay, am I not making myself clear?' Yes, you are perfectly clear - you are charging me an excess again!! Absolute rubbish, will never recommend them to anyone and am making sure I tell everyone how ruthless through the whole traumatic ordeal

Claim DateJanuary 2019

Absolutely disgusting legal scam

I have been with this insurance company for over a year and had landlord and contents insurance with them, when my tenants left the place damaged and and had storm damage i made a claim and it took them 4 months to come to rejection conclusion. They claimed the house wasn't built to the state standards but the house has been standing still and strong for over 26 years. They'll do anything to refuse to pay for your repairs. Every time i called they claimed that the decision is being made. Whenever i called they have rude and one way conversation staff that didn't really seem like they wanted to be there, all my claims were within their PDS conditions and it was all included in the cover and they still refused to pay. When i asked for my money back they strongly refused and they were rude about it. The problem is these insurance companies have too much money power that they're ready to spend thousands of dollars on lawyers to find loopholes to prevent paying you and in most cases they don't pay. I had 2 friends had the same bad experience that had their claims rejected. Never again for any policy with this company neither for house, cars or any other insurance policies. Stay away budget direct and don't reply to this review acting you care and want to resolve my issue because i spent hours trying to sort this out and you rejected to pay. Absolutely disgusting

Claim DateDecember 2018
Claim ApprovedNo

Great price no frills policy

Really liked being able to only pay for what we want, add ons available. Great price. I did read full documents before purchasing and was happy as it covered what we needed

Landlord insurance

Good value offered good protection for many items of loss.
Website easy to use.
Cheapest of the major landlord insurance groups but provided excellent coverage.
Will definitely use them again if they remain competitive

Go to Insurer

Found it easy and quick to do . We have about 5 policies with Budget and they are our go to .
Prices are typically competitive and staff are helpful and courteous.

Claim MadeNo

Hi guys just a question on policy’s and what they cover which apart from price do they cover all important aspects?asking as this seems like to be probably the only decent one with good reviews

Most reviewers have not made a claim under their landlord insurance policy and are raving about saving money. The real test is if Budget Direct makes claiming easy and pays out in a timely fashion. One review I read made a claim and it was not a good experience. Are there anymore customers of BD who have made a claim against the policy? That is the real test. If the policy is cheaper than the others but doesn't pay out in the event of a claim, it's useless changing insurers. Better the devil you know than the one you don't.

I have home and contents insurance with Budget Direct. Is Landlord insurance needed in additional to home and contents insurance, or as a replacement for it?
Landlord insurance is specifically for the landlord of a rental property. Home and contents is for your own residential property.