EBM Landlord Insurance

EBM Landlord Insurance

Warning!!! Warning!! everyone stay away from EBM Landlord Insurance is a trash

I bought insurance at EBM Landlord Insurance for many years, and today my first application for compensation was rejected by them... They refused to pay for all kinds of funny reasons. I’m the more fool for selecting them as my insurer.
GUYS YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. Go with Terry Scheer i had 3 claims from terry scheer they pay the money like boss...

I will cancel the contract with EBM immediately and tell all the friends around me. Don't buy any insurance for them.

if you guys want more information add my email 258336770@qq.com

Claim DateMay 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Hi FAN, We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with a the determination of your claim. We're always willing to have a claim reviewed if you believe it hasn't been settled correctly. This dispute process can lead to an external review if necessary to ensure fair settlements. For this to happen, please provide us with some specific details regarding the claim you're referring to (such as a claim number) to give us the chance to learn a bit more about what let you down. Please email this information to us at feedback@ebm.com.au Thank you for your feedback.

EBM could not have been better.

I have a Platinum policy with EBM.
I have to admit I was really worried about making a claim after reading the reviews.
My tenant was in a lease until March 2019, but stopped paying rent early December 2018, my Property Manager was on the ball and issued a 14 day notice to pay rent or vacate. Tenant didn't pay rent or vacate by the due date , the PM then lodged a claim with the court for eviction, Court date was set for the end of January 2019.
Court ordered the eviction & to be out of the property by mid February.
Tenants moved out on the day, but left the house in a bit of a mess, unclean with yards overgrown.
The bond was used to cover house & carpet cleaning, fumigation rubbish removal & garden maintenance.
New Tenant moved in at the end of February.
PM filled out the claim form and submitted it to EBM with all necessary documentation on 4th or 5th March. The full claim was approved on 6th of March, with no excess to be paid.
EBM paid promptly right up until the day new tenant moved in.
I don't know how EBM could have been any better.
Thank you EBM.

Claim DateMarch 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Don’t buy insurance with EBM

They have rejected every claim I make. They just take your premium. Other insurers cover what EBM don’t.
I’m the more fool for selecting them as my insurer.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. Go with Terry Scheer.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Hi Jony, We’re disappointed to read you have been unhappy with the claims service provided. As we always aim to ensure our customers are given the best experience, we would like to address your concerns in the shortest possible time. For this to happen, please provide us with some specific details regarding the claim you are referring to (such as a claim number) to give us the chance to learn a bit more of what let you down. Please email this information to us at feedback@ebm.com.au Thank you for your feedback.

EBM for landlord, and home and contents!

We were told by multiple real estate agents to go to EBM Insurance for Landlord insurance. That was over 3 years ago. We are very glad we did. I only deal with the same person I spoke on the phone 3 years ago. She is a complete angel, very professional, great service. Have included EBM Insurance for home and contents insurance for our residential house now. Once again, dealing with the same heavenly professional we deal with for our rental property.

Both my wife and I, would have no reservations about recommending such a good company. If you value great customer service, and acceptable insurance premiums, simply do not look anywhere else other than EBM Insurance.

P.S We have made 1 single claim on our home and contents policy through EBM Insurance. You guessed it, we dealt with the same office angel we took our landlord insurance policy through 3 years ago. Claim process was completely seamless, there were no minor headaches or hiccups proceeding through to our claim being processed. Sometimes you actually get what you paid for! :)

Insurance claim madeYes
Thanks so much for your comments, we certainly strive to exceed expectations and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we're doing. Despite having more than 100,000 clients insured I’m delighted we’re maintaining that personal touch, including through the claims process.

EBM IS THIS WORST INSURER !!!!!!!

Submitted a claim to EBM with an abundance of documentation and they refused the claim stating it was an unknown person even though the tenant was reported to the police. Just because there is no witnesses to something or there is no tenants admission doesnt mean they didnt do it.

I suggest to go to a bigger and better insurer as this was the biggest waste of money i have paid and i will be changing my insurer for all my properties.

They just try whatever means necessary to get out of paying money.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Amanda, We’re disappointed that you have been unhappy with the claim determination. We’re always happy to have a claim reviewed if you believe it hasn’t been settled correctly. This dispute process can lead to an external review if necessary to ensure fair settlements. We would be more than happy to address your concerns if you can provide us with some specific detail regarding the claim (such as a claim number). If you would like to discuss your claim, please email us at feedback@ebm.com.au Thank you for your feedback.

dodgy company who automatically charge you inflated renewal without informing you or getting your approval, how is this even legal. have tried to recover money they illegally took from me but getting nowhere so far. will be taking it up with ASIC.

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Exscoopon customer, We’re disappointed to read you have been unhappy with the process in regards to our invoicing. As we always aim to ensure our customers are given the best experience, we would like to address your concerns in the shortest possible time. For this to happen, please provide us with some specific details regarding the situation you are referring to (such as an invoice number and if it was through your Real Estate Agent) to give us the chance to learn a bit more of what let you down. Please email this information to us at feedback@ebm.com.au

Insuring with EBM pointless

For the first time in 10 years i had to lodge a claim for a tenant that had abandoned my unit, damaged it and not paid rent. They were in a fixed lease until 31st August, last rent was 22nd May and we were not able to access the unit until mid-July.
By the time the repairs and extensive cleaning was completed, it was nearing the end of the lease period in August. The claims specialist has agreed to pay 6 weeks rent only when i am out of pocket for 15 weeks rent (all within the fixed lease period). It seems they take the easy way out and pay the bare minimal, i honestly see no point in having them - the savings in $$ over the last 10 years would have been well more than what they are agreeing to pay now. I don't understand how they can only pay 6 weeks went when we couldn't even access the unit during that time? They're allowing no time at all for organising the repairs and allowing them to be done. Total waste of money and time.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Tons, We’re disappointed to read you have been unhappy with the service provided. As we always aim to ensure our customers are given the best experience, we would like to address your concerns. We’re happy to have a claim reviewed if you believe it hasn’t been settled correctly. This dispute process can lead to an external review if necessary to ensure fair settlements. For this to happen, please provide us with some specific details regarding the claim you are referring to (such as a claim number) to give us the chance to learn a bit more of what let you down. Please email this information to us at feedback@ebm.com.au

Warning do NOT insure with EBM!

Made a claim says they will sought in 5 days... continuously promised me “ yes it’s on my desk..... I’m looking at it now.... you will know this afternoon.... tomorrow we will have an answer” nothing but excuses... then you get phone calls the info you sent through was t clear enough, you didn’t send this,,( I had) you haven’t seen this every 3-4 days, 5 days turned into 3 weeks and a load of false promises.

They were quick to take your money but slow to respond to any claim made. The girl on the other end was just making excuses and you could tell when I said you told me that last week she would go “ really “ It seems they are very good at avoidance tactics and not so good about dealing with claims efficiently, three times I have been asked for more information when they are supposed to be processing the claim three days ago.

Worst, stressful experience with tenant and then to have an insurance company that is NOT interested in being fair and paying out any claims makes it even more stressful. My advise is AVOID EBM and find an insurance company that will do the right thing.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Saltwater, We’re disappointed to read you have been unhappy with the service provided. As we always aim to ensure our customers are given the best experience, we would like to address your concerns in the shortest possible time. For this to happen, please provide us with some specific details regarding the claim you are referring to (such as a claim number) to give us the chance to learn a bit more of what let you down. Please email this information to us at feedback@ebm.com.au Thank you for your feedback.

Not worth The Insurance Avoid

I made a Claim for the first time ever and was hugely disappointed with the outcome EBM practically just paid me back with the premiums I paid over 5 years. Which has left myself with a large short fall avoid them at all costs. Now I’m giving away being a Landlord It’s just not worth it.

Insurance claim madeYes
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us and allowing us the opportunity to respond. We’re always happy to have a claim reviewed if you believe it hasn’t been settled correctly. This dispute process can lead to an external review if necessary to ensure fair settlements. We would be more than happy to address your concerns if we are provided with some specific detail regarding the claim you are referring to (such as a claim number). If you would like to discuss your claim, please email us at feedback@ebm.com.au

Keep away from EBM

Don`t by any means by insurance from EBM you will not get any money out of them if you are making a claim.
KEEP AWAY FROM THEM YOU WILL BE VERY SORRY IF YOU DON`T .

Insurance claim madeYes

Avoid - These bad claim reviews are true!

These bad reviews about major claims with EBM are correct, don't believe that people only lodge bad reviews because these ones are true. We had a kitchen fire that made the kitchen un-usable by the tenant. EBM refused to send an assessor despite my many requests. I had no choice but to do as they requested and organise multiple copies of all the quotes myself for repairs. It took four months of hard work before I could lodge the claim to their satisfaction. They then took weeks to inform me they would send out an assessor so at this stage it had taken four and a half months to get to where I was on the first day.... requesting an assessor. I met the assessor at the house to inspect the damage, he took one look at my quotes and threw it in the bin. He asked who got all these quotes, I said I did, he asked why, I said because EBM told me I had to. He was not impressed and said an assessor should have been called straight away because that is the process and it was never possible to repair the major damage to our kitchen based upon my quotes. I asked why EBM told me I had to get quotes, he said because that is the way they do business and its not right, he also said to avoid them, they are a bad company. The assessor did not work for EBM, he was a contractor. The repairs cost over $20k and the assessor then took over arranging the kitchen repairs which were eventually fixed. The fire was in April and the kitchen was installed in December. Our tenants did not have a working kitchen all that time, I argued with EBM for my tenants rights and they compensated the tenants $50 per week because they took so long to repair the kitchen. They did not compensate me anything for the stress it caused. Afterwards I realised how lucky we were that the tenants that caused the fire actually stayed living in the house because it was not in a rentable condition with a burnt out kitchen. If they chose to leave, which they could have done, I doubt EBM would have compensated us for the loss of rent so we would have been forced to pay the repairs ourselves and try to recover from them so that we did not lose rental income. I feel its the right thing to do to report my bad experience with EBM so others can avoid what happened to us. We were lucky our tenant stayed in the house, others aren't so lucky. We looked up reviews before choosing EBM but thought people only write bad reviews so we ignored them. I 100% believe all these other bad claim reviews, they are real. Our experience with EBM was fantastic until we made a big claim, then EBM let us down.

Insurance claim madeYes
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us and allowing us the opportunity to respond. We would be more than happy to address your concerns if we are provided with some specific detail regarding the claim you are referring to (such as a claim number). If you would like to discuss your claim, please email us at feedback@ebm.com.au

If i could give them a 0 i would

Not worth the paper it is written on don't bother with these con artists. Has a claim rejected after spending money getting quotes from multiple suppliers gave me the old we don't cover this that crap. Need to be a lawyer to know what is included in your policy. The worst part is they tried to get me to renew my policy (4 months before it was due) before they told me they rejected me claim.

Insurance claim madeYes

All is fine until you need to make a claim

Friendly and helpful to set up the policy and take your money but if you ever want to actually use it, look out. My first claim in 15 years and they have refused to pay a cent. The policy is not worth the paper it is written on.

Insurance claim madeYes
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We would be happy to address your concerns should you wish to share them with us. However, we hope you understand there will sometimes be circumstances that are not covered by your insurance policy. If you would like to provide us with some further details so that we can address your concerns, have your claim reviewed or seek further clarification, please email us at feedback@ebm.com.auI have cancelled my policy and taken my business elsewhere. It was appalling customer service. Your comment here 7 months later clearly means nothing

Horrible! Don't do it!

We had a pipe that had burst right in front of the house, NEXT to the house. Water was pouring down against the house. We needed an emergency plumber to come out and re route the pipe. He put in an emergency pipe for the water to run to the house overnight, came back the next day and had to dig up the front garden to find the leak, which meant the whole front of the house was pulled up - pavers, trees, etc etc. EMB did not cover ANYTHING! They say that your property or 'premise' does not include anything except the building. Even though you are covered for a burst or leaking pipe, it does not cover anything to do with the process of fixing the pipe, the damage caused from fixing the pipe, nor the pipe itself. They will only cover something if the water had damaged the building. How sneaky of them! You need to be a solicitor to figure out what can and can't be covered. Never again!

Insurance claim madeYes

Asked for a quote and ended up with a policy that I didn't want

Went online to get a quote and was directed to phone for a quote as they would require more information regarding the property. They ended up starting a policy without my consent and deducted funds from my managing agent. Much time and frustration needed to get the policy (that I did not want) cancelled and have the premium refunded for which I have to wait some time to receive.
I would never ask them for a quote again. I believe this was unconscionable behaviour where a quote can end up as a policy without authorisation.

Insurance claim madeNo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us and allowing us the opportunity to respond. We strive for exceptional customer service and would certainly be interested in you providing more detail so that we can take a look at what occurred. We would appreciate it if you could provide further details to feedback@ebm.com.au and we will ensure it is directed to the correct area.

Not worth the paper its written on

I have a few investment properties each managed by a different property manager. So I have policies with every insurer, but have never had to make a claim. A unit I bought 2 years ago was recently damaged by the tenant, and we evicted him. The floor boards were ripped up and after consulting 2 different repairers, both advised that the damage could not be repaired and they needed to be replaced. Total damage for the entire unit was just over $20K.
I just received a call from my PM that the entire claim has been knocked back. Read your fine print. The EBM policy will not reinstate damaged fixtures or fittings. They said that all flooring has a life of 7 years, and because the unit is a little older than that, the value of the flooring is negative. So no claim payable.
The tenant smoked in the unit (not allowed) and all the walls and ceiling were yellow and stained. We had to have the entire place painted...again, no payment.

What a class act, now I need to pay my lawyer to take this to court.

Insurance claim madeYes

Will never deal with them again

I organised my landlords cover last year, going through the policy details over the phone with their customer service person, gave her my card details to take out the full payment and she gave me a receipt number, then 3 months later I get a final notice bill for the same account I had already paid! The staff were uninterested in assisting me, even though I told them i had proof of payment on my internet bank statement they told me they couldn't find it on their end and to this day still waiting for a response from them now 5 months later and obviously I didn't get a refund and they also did not honour my policy. Very unhappy with it all and will never deal with them again, very unprofessional - they even asked me who I had spoken to 3 months earlier & when I pointed out that surely that persons details would be on their computer system they still couldn't work it out! I cannot stand being ripped off & if I hadn't paid why did I give my card details on the day and get a receipt number and was told it definitely went through their end?

Excellent insurance for landlords!

Having previously had a terrible experience with landlord insurance ($10K of tenant damage and not a cent allowed to be claimed) I was very nervous to have to make my first claim through EBM for damage to the external of the house. The claim process was very straightforward, the representative I dealt with was great to work with...and the end result? They covered the claim in its entirety. It was quick, easy, effective AND the premiums are economical for what is covered, certainly no worse than other insurers. I would not hesitate to recommend EBM for landlord insurance!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us. This is certainly the experience we hope any policyholder has when making a claim, we’re glad we were able to help out. Here’s hoping you now have some trouble free years of investing, but should you need to make a claim don’t hesitate to contact us.