Burger Rings

Burger Rings

See the Best Chips in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Burger Rings? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Michael L.
Michael L.

Taste perfectly fine to me

Can't believe all the negative reviews, surprised at how many don't like burger rings.
I think they taste fine. Love em. Pretty much the chips I choose to pinch out of the kids school snack supply of multipack chips.

Purchased at Woolworths.

Used to love Burger Rings, not now!!

Burger Rings used to be soft, flavoursome, bite sized rings of deliciousness. Now just hard and flavourless, so sad, definitely not what they used to be. What has changed with the original delicious recipe?

Purchased in April 2021 at CountDown Deals.

Cait S.
Cait S.South East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely terrible, tasteless, rubbish!

I don’t know who did it or why but these are the WORST burger rings I’ve ever tried! Why change something which in my opinion was perfect? These are awful!

Purchased in April 2021 at Coles Express for $2.50.

Chris
ChrisGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

What ever they did to cheapen them is awful

Small, tasteless and puffy. Burger rings are no longer crunchy and Delicious. These taste and look like poor imitations as if someone tried to recreate them from someone elses description

Purchased in April 2021 at IGA for $2.50.

catherine s.
catherine s.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very sad

Opened a packet today was an absolutely disappointed of the following:
Taste- was non
Texture- hard
Size- they where all pinched circles
They where like stale tasteless fried cardboard.
Will not be buying no other packets of smith chips tired of them changing there flavours

Purchased in February 2021 at Coles for $2.50.

2020 and another loss to us all

I was excited as I opened a single serve (90 gram) pack of Burger Rings as I had not indulged in such a treat in some time. The horror I was about to experience was indescribable! Small, disfigured, tasteless blobs is what presented themselves as I opened the bag. As I ate my way through several of these alien “burger rings” I tried to remember the incredible taste I once knew however I quickly realized it was long gone, and likely gone forever. As we say goodbye to an old favorite I remembered of a famous quote, gone from our sights forever in our hearts.

Purchased in January 2021 at Woolworths Physical store for $1.50.

Nuffy N.
Nuffy N.Sydney, NSW

What have they done. Someone should be fired.

These used to be the best snack you could buy. But recently I have been thinking something is not right, I thought maybe I just got a bad packet.. No

Purchased in January 2021.

Basil C.
Basil C.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Just AWFUL

Not the burger rings we know and love :( Never again! Awful, awful, awful. Awful texture, awful colour, awful looking rings. Why change??? Hard, not soft like the old burger rings. More like an oversized fruit loop! NOT impressed. NEVER AGAIN. I'll definitely be trying the Aldi version recommended by another review.

Purchased in January 2021 at Caltex Service Station for $2.99.

smiths burger rings alternative

burger rings are not what they used to be unfortunately - in fact they are terrible
BUT the Aldi 'Burger Hoops' by Chazoos are just like the original Burger rings - soft, tasty and cheap!!
give them a go and you won't go back to Smiths

Tony H.
Tony H.Sydney, NSW

Disappointed

I don't eat them often and it's been awhile however I opened a pack the other day and was so disappointed with the new texture, flavour and taste. Why change.

Purchased in December 2020 at Coles for $3.50.

Lysachick
LysachickMELBOURNE

Yuck!

As per earlier reviews. Lighter, rougher, smaller, no flavour. Pointed out the difference and my boyfriend denied it so I googled it and found myself here... sadly validated. Not even close to the original.

Purchased in December 2020.

kieran
kieran

Changed recipe no doubt

Used to be lighter ring more flavour still ok...but barely to be ok. Definately changed the old style into dense ring before more flavour and lighter... I guess to make more weight and cost cutting...it is what it is

Purchased in September 2020 at Woolworths for $2.00.

Alfred N.
Alfred N.

I thought I was lost but now I am found

Yes the new Burger rings have failed. But so happy i found Aldi's version. So damn good. I'm hooked again.

Purchased in April 2020 for $3.00.

Why have they changed?

Burger rings have been my favorite snack since I was a child, over 30years.
They have changed & I can't eat them anymore, their more crunchy, don't melt in your mouth like they used to, & have no flavour, tastes more like Vegemite now.
Sooooooo dissapointed.
Won't be buying them anymore.

Purchased in August 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for $5.00.

Not worth buying

Haven’t had Burger rings for a while. After the first ring I was unsure. Did I grab the wrong packet off shelf? Packet says Burger Rings. Tasted nothing like Burger Rings. Flavour, texture, density all changed. Might as well buy home brand. At least I know to expect cheap and nasty like someone else mentioned. If you think you’ve improved the formula, you haven’t.

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles for $1.00.

Read more reviews - page 2