Burger Rings

Burger Rings

smiths burger rings alternative

burger rings are not what they used to be unfortunately - in fact they are terrible
BUT the Aldi 'Burger Hoops' by Chazoos are just like the original Burger rings - soft, tasty and cheap!!
give them a go and you won't go back to Smiths

Tony H.

Tony H.Sydney, NSW

Disappointed

I don't eat them often and it's been awhile however I opened a pack the other day and was so disappointed with the new texture, flavour and taste. Why change.

Purchased in December 2020 at Coles for A$3.50.

Lysachick

LysachickMELBOURNE

Yuck!

As per earlier reviews. Lighter, rougher, smaller, no flavour. Pointed out the difference and my boyfriend denied it so I googled it and found myself here... sadly validated. Not even close to the original.

Purchased in December 2020.

kieran

kieran

Changed recipe no doubt

Used to be lighter ring more flavour still ok...but barely to be ok. Definately changed the old style into dense ring before more flavour and lighter... I guess to make more weight and cost cutting...it is what it is

Purchased in September 2020 at Woolworths for A$2.00.

I thought I was lost but now I am found

Yes the new Burger rings have failed. But so happy i found Aldi's version. So damn good. I'm hooked again.

Purchased in April 2020 for A$3.00.

Why have they changed?

Burger rings have been my favorite snack since I was a child, over 30years.
They have changed & I can't eat them anymore, their more crunchy, don't melt in your mouth like they used to, & have no flavour, tastes more like Vegemite now.
Sooooooo dissapointed.
Won't be buying them anymore.

Purchased in August 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for A$5.00.

Not worth buying

Haven’t had Burger rings for a while. After the first ring I was unsure. Did I grab the wrong packet off shelf? Packet says Burger Rings. Tasted nothing like Burger Rings. Flavour, texture, density all changed. Might as well buy home brand. At least I know to expect cheap and nasty like someone else mentioned. If you think you’ve improved the formula, you haven’t.

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles for A$1.00.

Burnt-Twice

Burnt-TwiceAU

Nothing Like the Original

Bought a pack half an hour ago, expecting a hard hitting taste and messy fingers, but found some herb flavoured garbage that's slightly saucy. Nothing like the original recipe.

Smiths, Pepsico, whoever the hell you are - just kill them off for good. Don't sell this malarkey.

Oh and just drop Twisties while you're at it; you ruined them as well.

Purchased in August 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for A$1.50.

Dave C

Dave CGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The burger Ring...why,why,why?

I do not understand how doing this works for companies..get a great product that Burger ring used to be..and destroy it..to save some money on the making.. but surely they must see the sales of this product dropping...change it back!

Purchased in July 2020 at Woolworths for A$1.00.

Esmay

Esmay

Cheap and nasty

Why change such a great product!! I bought a pack the other day and the flavour tasted like a putrid chemical and left an awful aftertaste. They are smaller in size and full of air. Such a shame as we wont be buying these again.

Purchased in July 2020 at Coles for A$1.00.

chippy

chippyPerth, WA

You have to wonder why they changed it

I just got a packet and so disappointed. usually they are bigger. Now they are tiny little rings. Why do companies change products beats me. This reminds me of the whole shapes change fiasco. Complete fail

Purchased in July 2020 for A$3.00.

Blue F.

Blue F.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

They have been changed

I dont know what they did, but did not improve them. They are more puffed up, so I think you get less because they arent as dense. The flavour is similar, but it leaves an unpleasant after taste, in your mouth. Yet another example of ruining a favorite product, trying to save money somehow, at the expense of happy customers. I wont buy this product any more. The old reciepe was delicious, this is sloppy seconds.

Purchased in June 2020.

Troy

TroySouth East Queensland, QLD

Where did you go wrong?

So I was in NZ last year and bought some Burger Rings made by Bluebird( Smiths Chips) They are just like they used to be. Full of flavour and larger. They are so good.
If you are ever in NZ or find these in Australia (I found some in Noosa) buy them. They are like the original and so good.

Purchased in June 2020 at IGA for A$3.50.

Jofa75

Jofa75Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

So disappointing

Nothing like I remembered them to be- tasteless, smaller and different colour. No warning on the package that it changed.

Purchased in May 2020 at Coles.

rob s.

rob s.South East Queensland, QLD

Now Stingy in flavour an texture

Sad to say, but no flavour, no residual salt to lick off your fingers and the texture has gone from generous soft buttery cruch to stingy hurt your upper mouth dry bone crunch. RIP original burger rings.

Purchased in May 2020 at Coles for A$1.50.

EJ K.

EJ K.South East Queensland, QLD

WTH happened to this childhood favourite?!

Purchased in April 2020 at Woolworths for A$5.00.

T L Brown

T L Brown

Bring the old recipe back!!

These were my sons favorite snack. He is autistic and a very fussy eater. He will not eat them now and says they taste yucky. I have to agree. I won't be buying them again.

Shelley

Shelley

Quality has deteriorated

Burger Rings were once my favourite. The rings are now thinner, about half as thick as years ago. The flavour is now not the same. Once their was a full burger flavour and seasoning, now they are half the taste. The rings were also a very dark orange/rust colour, now very pale.
I am disappointed that cost cutting on size, flavour, and packet size has been taken.

Purchased in April 2020 at Woolworths for A$3.00.

Karl

KarlSydney, NSW

Changed for the worse.

Use to be my favourite. Now they have changed their uniqueness has gone. Now they are tasteless. Won’t buy again.

Purchased in March 2020 for A$5.00.

disappointing

Noticed the change straight away, they used to be so nice now no flavour and I will not be buying them again