Bushman DC-L Series

Bushman DC-L Series

190L Top Mount and 285L Top Mount

Fantastic

Loving the fridge, running well on solar. Only thing it arrived with a dint in the door. Found after unwrapping plastic. Saving on gas now. Temperature is good on low settings.

Purchased in December 2018 for $2,000.00.

Noise Level

Best fridge around

Only uses 2 amps on 24 volts. Well less than 50% cycle.That is in winter/spring. I will measure power use over summer and post here. I still can’t believe a fridge of this size only needs this amount of power to run. Used in shack for weekends and holidays. Replaced a full size gas fridge that used 4 x 45 kg gas battles a year.
Shelving design excellent and having a big freezer section is a bonus. The staff at Bushmans were a pleasure to deal with, they know they have the best products so they don’t have to hard sell.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Perfect off grid fridge

Perfect for our off grid 12 volt set up. Can't believe how big the freezer is and freezes perfectly and so quiet when running,and users so little power for its size. It's as good as any 240 volt fridge I've owned. To operate as efficiently as it does on 12v Dc still blows me away

Date PurchasedApr 2018

can you keep ice-cream in this fridge what is the max minus temp
Freezer can go to -10. Ice cream doesn't stay hard. Did put a litre of milk on top of other frozen food, 3 weeks later not frozen BUT not off either!My freezer temp is around the 13.5 when not being opened. Freezing of fish, red meat and ice is as good as you would want. I have had ice cream at the back of the freezer and it was ok, not rock hard but still frozen.Hi, the freezer compartments in our DC upright fridges are calibrated to sit around -12º. This a a fine freezing temperature for short to medium term use. If you want to deep freeze things for long term storage you would need a deep freezer which can go to -18º to -2º. A deep freezer will use more power so they are not as well suited to mobile and offgrid low power situations. Thanks!

What is the max power consumption in Amps at 12 volt of the 190 L. I am aware that consumption varies with amb temp and other factors
Sorry we dont measure individual appliances. We only have a small solar system 4 panels.Aidan, I have a 285L and the maximum reading I have was 2.4 amps at 24 volts which equates to 4.8 amps at 12 VoltsI have a 285L which draws 4 to 4.5 amps at 12 volts

Hello. We are considering a 285 l in a new van. We will be going north in the tropics. How do you consider your fridge vs vitrofrigio? Do you recommend fitting internal fan? Regards Danny
We are currently experiencing 35 degrees for five days and the fridge is as good as when it is 25 degrees. Why fit an internal fan.?I find that an internal fan wired up to the to turn on with the compressor keeps an even temp throughout the fridgeHi Danny, I don’t think you’ll need an internal fan, but you could install one if you wanted to. The fridge will perform perfectly well up north. It’s exactly what we build them for.

Bushman Fridges DC190L-W (190L, White)Bushman Fridges DC190L-SS (190L, Stainless Steel)Bushman Fridges DC285L-SS (285L, Stainless Steel)Bushman Fridges DC285L-W (285L, White)
CategoryTop Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsTop Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsTop Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsTop Mount Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $1,895$1,975$2,475$2,395
Dimensions 1380 x 600 x 600 mm1380 x 600 x 600 mm1550 x 600 x 700 mm1550 x 600 x 700 mm
Household Size 1-2 people1-2 people1-2 people1-2 people
Colour / Finish WhiteStainless SteelStainless SteelWhite
Handle Type RecessedRecessedRecessedRecessed
Smart Fridge NoNoNoNo
Shelf MaterialGlassGlassGlassGlass
Number of Shelves3344
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins 1111
Weight50 kg50 kg62 kg62 kg
Door Hinge Reversible Door Hinge and RightReversible Door Hinge and RightReversible Door Hinge and RightReversible Door Hinge and Right
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Capacity