Bushman DC-L Series

MalcomFar West, NSW

Only A Bushman Fridge

Purchased in July 2019.

Noise Level
Household Size 2 person(s)
Bushman Fridges
Paul - Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

LindaBraidwood

Fantastic

Loving the fridge, running well on solar. Only thing it arrived with a dint in the door. Found after unwrapping plastic. Saving on gas now. Temperature is good on low settings.

Purchased in December 2018 for $2,000.00.

Noise Level

PatchPort Lincoln

Best fridge around

Only uses 2 amps on 24 volts. Well less than 50% cycle.That is in winter/spring. I will measure power use over summer and post here. I still can’t believe a fridge of this size only needs this amount of power to run. Used in shack for weekends and holidays. Replaced a full size gas fridge that used 4 x 45 kg gas battles a year.
Shelving design excellent and having a big freezer section is a bonus. The staff at Bushmans were a pleasure to deal with, they know they have the best products so they don’t have to hard sell.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Mark CerffWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Perfect off grid fridge

Perfect for our off grid 12 volt set up. Can't believe how big the freezer is and freezes perfectly and so quiet when running,and users so little power for its size. It's as good as any 240 volt fridge I've owned. To operate as efficiently as it does on 12v Dc still blows me away

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Melissa J

Melissa Jasked

We've just bought a 190 litre DC-L series & are using it in an off-grid house. It's freestanding in an open plan room with good cross breezes & ventilation, current ambient temp is approx 31 deg. What's the best number on the settings dial to start at? I don't want to turn it all the way to 7 if I don't need to.

Linda

Maybe 5 if hot. We run fridge on 4 most days depends on how full fridge is. Freezer though is ok for meats and meals not ice cream and bread and milk. I dont know why!!!

H Rhodes

H Rhodesasked

can you keep ice-cream in this fridge what is the max minus temp

Linda

Freezer can go to -10. Ice cream doesn't stay hard. Did put a litre of milk on top of other frozen food, 3 weeks later not frozen BUT not off either!

Patch

My freezer temp is around the 13.5 when not being opened. Freezing of fish, red meat and ice is as good as you would want. I have had ice cream at the back of the freezer and it was ok, not rock hard but still frozen.

Bushman Fridges
Paul - Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Hi, the freezer compartments in our DC upright fridges are calibrated to sit around -12º. This a a fine freezing temperature for short to medium term use. If you want to deep freeze things for long term storage you would need a deep freezer which can go to -18º to -2º. A deep freezer will use more power so they are not as well suited to mobile and offgrid low power situations. Thanks!

Aidan H.

Aidan H.asked

What is the max power consumption in Amps at 12 volt of the 190 L. I am aware that consumption varies with amb temp and other factors

Linda

Sorry we dont measure individual appliances. We only have a small solar system 4 panels.

Patch

Aidan, I have a 285L and the maximum reading I have was 2.4 amps at 24 volts which equates to 4.8 amps at 12 Volts

I have a 285L which draws 4 to 4.5 amps at 12 volts