Bushman DC-X Series

Pros

• Energy efficient

• Compact design maximises storage space

• Reviewers say it performs well in Australian summers

• Perfect for mounting in boats and caravans.

Cons

• Vertical design not suitable to throwing in the back of the car

• Less portable than other fridges (requires installation)

4.9

Glenn GomesPerth, WA

Amazing customer service.

I've owned a bushman fridge / freezer for about 7 years , I bought it second hand, and recently on a fishing trip up north it stopped working. When I returned to Perth I contacted Bushman to either have it repaired or purchase a new one. Paul , the service engineer was extremely helpful advising me how to fix the problem myself and posted me a new thermostat which had instructions and I was able to fix it successfully. Thanks to you Paul and Bushman for an excellent freezer and your amazing customer service. This is the reason I will always buy Australian.
Glenn.

Purchased for A$500.00.

Perfect fridge !

Great service at Bushman’s, fridge perfect for my horse float. Fridge is great value & fantastic quality. Works very well & great size. Keeps my items nicely chilled . Great value & looks streamlined

Purchased in October 2020 for A$1,499.00.

Very good item

Good quality item works perfectly for my needs, fitted it into my palomino slide on camper myself, had to change the door hinge from left to right ( was a very easy task) would recommend this item

Purchased for A$1,500.00.

Find out how Bushman DC-X Series compares to other Portable Fridges / Freezers

This is a very well made fridge

I am very impressed with the quality of the build. I am using the DC 130 x in my cannopy and am completely happy with its functionality
I would recommend the Bushman fridges to any person
Well done Bushman

Malavon

Malavon

Great Fridge. Beers are cold when camping!

It is a really great fridge. We replaced this for our 2002 Jayco Hawk 3 way standard fridge and couldn't be happier. Get's cold quick, super quiet, super efficient on 12V and love the look of them. I will say that I did have to remove a wall to fit the fridge in as it was about 2mm too wide. This is no fault of the fridge nor Bushman of course, but the cavity will need to be bang on. It was a fairly easy to do but if you aren't handy with tools, it's something to think about. Thanks Bushman!

Purchased in October 2020.

Review collected in partnership with Bushman Fridges

Bloody ripper of a fridge Aussie legend company. Thanks!

Other companies had rotten reviews, this 12 volt beauty is for our hot conditions, bumpy roads and adventures. We have vintage van with small kitchen area perfect fit and great service and warranty from great Aussie company. Buy local buy the best. Thanks

Purchased in October 2020 for A$1,099.00.

Leigh

LeighSoutheast, SA

Great Caravan Fridge!

I purchased the Bushman DC-X 65 litre fridge to replace my defunct caravan fridge. Looks great, works great and has been running for 5 days on my 115AH battery. THANK YOU!

Purchased in October 2020 for A$1,099.00.

Review collected in partnership with Bushman Fridges

Great fridge, great sales experience.

Great fridge, very quiet and awesome not to have to buy a separate mounting kit.. Easy to install. Nice touch to include additional sticker to hide screw holes after flipping door. Delivered quickly, very clear comms during purchase process.

Purchased in September 2020 for A$1,299.00.

Lynn Walsh

Lynn WalshCentral Queensland, QLD

Love the fridge.....

Love the fridge but would have liked the compressor enclosed for our situation as it is not enclosed in a cupboard. Can’t fault the fridge, good looking and works extremely well.
Low power consumption and keeps the beer nice and cold.

Purchased in October 2020 for A$1,499.00.

Find out how Bushman DC-X Series compares to other Portable Fridges / Freezers

I am very impressed with the fridge.

It is an incredible fridge that looks great and is easy to install. My only request for improvement would be a latch open position for storage. Apart from that, I am extremely happy with it. My wife loves the space and the interior light. I love the low power consumption and quietness.

Purchased in September 2020.

Absolute GOLD.

I love it. Externally looks great. Internally well set out, great freezer compartment. Drawer is sturdy. Lots of small surprises inside. It’s quiet. Only improvement is that I’ve installed a fan inside for better temperature control.

Purchased in September 2020 at Bushman website for A$1,449.00.

Kable MooreSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great fridge/freezer

I have installed the fridge into my canopy. It is much easier to open the door without using a slide and dropping it down. Food and drinks are easily available.

Purchased in September 2020 at Bushmans for A$1,449.00.

David T.

David T.

Great fridge, should have bought one earlier

Fantastic fridge for our caravan that does not use very much power and is not affected by the caravan being out of level. Fitted well within the space left by our old 3 way fridge

Dx85x

Great fridge fits perfectly in my canopy, only real issue I have had is it has been freezing most things after a day or so its just that efficient so im adjusting the temperature setting to try figure out the right setting for me. the shelves are a tad close together but overall It fit everything I needed. Top notch unit would highly recommend!

Purchased in August 2020 for A$1,300.00.

liz

lizSydney Surrounds, NSW

Awesome Fridge

Found the volume and accessibility is so much better than my 40Litre Engel I've been using in the past.
Its permanently set up in my Canopy. I've just used it for a 4 day camp trip for the first time since purchasing, but i can so see the benefits already. Everything was cold and fresh (and not squashed by beers).Will test it out further when the weather heats up, but so far so good.
Thoroughly recommended.

Purchased in August 2020 for A$1,299.00.

Great product

Easy fit up into an old York van so far so good only been running for a week but couldn’t be happier with it mild weather at the moment but only varies 1/2 degrees throughout the day running it on Setting 2.5

Purchased in August 2020 at eBay for A$1,450.00.

Luke Pressler

Luke PresslerCampbell 2612, ACT

A perfect little fridge that can be used every day on 240V mains, or on holidays as 12V.

I use this fridge every day on 240V mains in my small accommodation room at work and is ideal for this. while travelling or actually camping I then use it in my vehicle and is a great way to keep all your food and drinks cool especially while being remote. the best features are the depth of the fridge especially in the freezer section, but also Bushman's call centre. They provide great service and support!

I've got as seen in a portable fridge box and it honestly increases the practicality and usability so much!

Purchased in April 2020 for A$1,100.00.

Orkun

OrkunSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great product at a reasonable price

I had 2 fridges knocked out by a power surge on my boat and had to order 1 through an Isotherm dealer and the other directly through Bushman. The advice from Bushman was fantastic and the whole purchasing process very easy and pleasant. Both fridges I needed were out of stock but Bushman contact and eta was spot on compared to the other who I had to keep chasing up. The Bushman fridge purchased was a lot more reasonably priced and quality was absolutely spot on. Fridge was easy to install, well designed and working a treat. If I ever need another fridge for a boat or camper, Bushman will definitely be my first point of call.

Purchased in June 2020.

Fiona B.

Fiona B.Mid North Coast, NSW

Perfect. Couldn’t have found better!

After having two previous campervan fridges that we were never 100% pleased with, we found this one for our new van / current project and it’s perfect! Easy open latch that keeps the door closed whilst travelling even with heavy bottle in the door, works exceptionally well, looks brilliant. Heaps of space. Quick delivery. Can’t fault it. The perfect fridge for our home on wheels.

Purchased in March 2020.

Glen and Susan Dring

Glen and Susan DringSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

I upgraded my fridge freezer in my Winnebago

I recently updated my fridge freezer in my Winnebago with the bushman DC130-X replacing the 3way Electrolux fridge freezer I haven’t had it installed for a long time but so far has had 0 to no affect on my battery power as it’s efficiency is outstanding compared with the old fridge I would recommend it to anyone who is looking to upgrade as I have saved on gas and don’t require 240 power very impressed with this product well worth the money and great people to deal with

Purchased in August 2020 for A$1,449.00.

Terry L.

Terry L.asked

DC130-X

I would like to mount the 130 in my canopy but worried how I can secure it and will it get to hot to run sufficiently

Hi Terry,
Would love to answer your query but I don't have the technical know how. Best people to contact is Bushman fridges , head office. I think they are in Sydney. I found them to be extremely helpful and supportive. Good Luck.
Glenn.

Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

HI Terry, Yes canopies can get hot on a sunny day. The DC85-X is usually our goto for canopies as it is not too big / not too small. For mounting you could make up some custom brackets to go over the fridge or get a box made for it to fit into. Ventilation is the most important aspect - you want free air flow to the compressor area. Anything you can do to reduce the temperature inside your canopy the better - aluminium construction, insulation, vents, parking in the shade.
Cheers Tommy. BUSHMAN

Jamie

Jamie asked

DC65-X

Hi ; We going to fit one ,or two dc65 fridges to camper . Can you get , or use one as all freezer ,and the other as normal ? Jamie

Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Hi Jamie, they are fridge only with a small 4L freezer.

Keith M Marriott

Keith M Marriottasked

DC85-X

It came without a plug , just two naked wires , a bit odd?

Kable Moore

It all depends on which way you would like to connect it. I hard wired my fridge personally as it stays in my canopy full time. You could use an Anderson plug if you want to remove it regularly. It all depends on your circumstances.

Davin

Hi Keith, My DC130x came with a connector (unsure what its called tho) either way, I cut it off, soldered on a cable extension to connect it to batteries.

Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Hi, we supply soldered wires so that customers can use the connection of their choice (anderson, terminal block, cigarette, 2 pin, spades etc). Tommy. BUSHMAN

Get an answer from our members and Bushman Fridges representatives

The Bushman DC-X Series has been voted Australia’s best series of 12v and 24v caravan and camping fridges in 2020.

Designed specifically for off-grid living and mobile situations, these handy portable fridges are hardy in the hot Australian climate. This makes them ideal for using as caravan fridges, camping fridges, or even on a boat.

Features:

• Dual-zone fridges and freezers, make them suitable for cooling a wide range of food and drinks
  • Suitable for both freestanding and built-in use, using a supplied mounting kit
  • Available in 50L, 65L, 85L or 130L capacities, allowing you to cater to unique space requirements
  • Can be powered by either a 12V or 24V battery, or alternatively connected to mains electricity via a power adaptor
  • A low power DC compressor requires less power usage, making these fridges energy efficient.

Praise points for the Bushman DC-X Series:

• While these fridges are less portable than others of their kind (as they’re also designed for built-in use), reviewers praised their compact design, which still affords a generous amount of storage space.
  • Reviewers also appreciated the low power consumption and energy-efficient performance, no matter how high the mercury on the barometer rises.
  • Bushman products are also known for quick and helpful customer service. These fridges come with a three-year warranty.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

The Bushman DC-X Series makes this reliable brand the proud winner of two 2021 Awards for Best Portable Fridge (the Bushman Original Series took home the other prize.

Along the same lines of the Bushman Original Series, the Bushman DC-X Series of portable fridges was most valued for its ease of use and solid build quality.

Compare all 4 Bushman DC-X Series

Bushman Fridges DC85-X

4.9
Bushman Fridges DC130-X

Bushman Fridges DC130-X

CategoryPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / Freezers
Price (RRP) A$999.00A$1,049.00A$1,199.00A$1,299.00
Type Dual Zone Fridge + FreezerDual Zone Fridge + FreezerDual Zone Fridge + FreezerDual Zone Fridge + Freezer
Capacity50L65L85L130L
Power SourceCar (Cigarette Lighter)Car (Cigarette Lighter)Car (Cigarette Lighter)Car (Cigarette Lighter) and Wall Outlet
FeaturesInterior LightInterior LightInterior Light and Reversible Lid
Weight16.4 kg22 kg26 kg
Dimensions 530 x 385 x 490 mm525 x 450 x 515 mm625 x 475 x 550 mm750 x 525 x 550 mm
Construction MaterialStainless SteelStainless SteelStainless SteelStainless Steel
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Compare all 4 Bushman DC-X Series