Bushman DC-X Series

Bushman DC-X Series

DC50-X, DC65-X, DC85-X and DC130-X

Perfect fridge much better then a chest fridge in my hilux

Very happy with how it runs and how much power it draws. Using this fridge every day in my hilux has been a great improvement can’t wait for ice Blocks on hot summer days

Purchased in February 2019 for $1,499.00.

Bit early 4 my reveiw

Have not ran fridge yet , Top skirt on mounting kit needed holes filed out for fitment , other wise all looks good . P.S world has got in the way and review arrived before job finished.

Purchased in October 2019 for $1,300.00.

Replacement for 12V/240V

So far this fridge has been outstanding. Power consumption is just over half of our previous caravan compressor fridge. Climate since purchase has been mild, so can’t comment on QLD summer temps yet, but so far so good.

Purchased in September 2019.

Bushman DC130X Caravan Fridge

Bought this fridge to replace a caravan 3 way dometic. Easy to retrofit, good finish and above all performed faultlessly throughout our extended trip. Highly recommended. Handled Kimberley climate well. Good sized freezer

Purchased in March 2019.

Great product, awesome service!

Great, compact and efficient design. Freezer adequate size considering the overall size. Low energy draw, but cools very quickly. Super happy with this product.

When we realised, a month after receiving fridge, that we had actually ordered the wrong model, Bushman was excellent about making an exchange. Highly recommended buying direct, as the staff are knowledgeable and quite helpful.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bushman Direct.

Bought it as a bar fridge for my boat cockpit

This second fridge is just perfect for the purpose I wanted it for. Easy to install and stylish in appearance and performance. Lots of good times ahead with this one.

Purchased in July 2019 for $1,199.00.

Unbelievable.

Permanently on in our boat, powered only by 12v solar power. It has been unbelievable, even with dull days for 3 or 4 days the batteries feel no pain and the fridge freezes and cools at will.

Purchased in March 2019 for $1,199.00.

perfect and reliable

bought for caravan. temp range on last holiday was 2c to 36c outside. it didn t waiver. set temp to 3.5 and food remained beautiful. even to say the bagged lettuce lasted for 5 days... it has heaps of room including freezer room. door space is useful. had 2 waeco/dometics and they are useless compared to this one.
cant fault it.. hope it lasts

Purchased in August 2019 at Dario Caravans for $1,250.00.

Excellent fridge

Great fridge I replaced a chest style fridge to make it easier for my wife to access. It uses less power but can't achieve consumption rate stated average is 2amp/hr/24

Purchased in April 2019 for $1,299.00.

Happy Camper - I Hope!

Purchased this fridge after putting up with another well known brand of fridge that just took almost forever to get to safe food storage temperature. My temperature data logger indicates that my new DC130X fridge reaches safe food storage temps (2 C to 3C) significantly quicker before cycling off which has resulted in less battery power being consumed which means I will be able to stay off grid for much longer. I would agree with others that 2 crispers would be better. I would like to leave the door open to allow air to circulate inside the fridge when its not in use and not have the internal light burning needlessly, however small things will soon be forgotten if this fridge performs as a fridge should. I'll be leaving for a 4 month trip to the northern parts of OZ soon so I'll have an opportunity to give it a good test and upon returning home I'll publish my findings here. Staff at Bushman were a pleasure to deal with.

Purchased in February 2019.

Bushman DC130-X

Purchased as a replacement for another brand fridge in our camper that we were not happy with. Bushman power consumption is considerably less and it cycles less. Would prefer two crisper trays to make it easier to access them with a partially open door. A latch which allowed the door to be left partially ajar would also be useful for ventilation when stored. Otherwise great product.

Purchased in February 2019.

Great size perfect for our camper

We were able to buy a bigger fridge than we usually have because it was compact and fits perfectly into the space we allocated in the camper. It runs full time on the second battery and it uses minimum amps. When we’re driving the battery gets topped up. It’s runs very quietly( don’t notice it in bed), all the contents stay really cold and the icecreams frozen. If staying in the same spot for more than a few days we just put the solar panels out to keep the battery charged no problem. Our son also has a bushman and he swears by his too. We love our Bushman and got it for a great price with free delivery also. Highly recommend

Purchased in November 2018 at DP Refrigeration Bushman Portable Fridges for $1,199.00.

Very quiet and efficient

This fridge is much quieter and more efficient than the fridge we previously had in our camper trailer.

The only issue I have with it is a design one - I would prefer two small crisper bins instead of the single large crisper bin this fridge has so that I don't have to open the fridge all the way to pull out a crisper bin. Our previous fridge had two small crisper bins which meant it was possible to pull out one (and slide the other over to pull it out if necessary) without having to fully open the door.

Apart from that (and the fact we can't store our magnetic pot mats or magnetic stubby holders on the fridge door anymore) my husband and I are very happy with this fridge and have had no hesitation in recommending it.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Positive experience

Performs as claimed
Fitted in to horse transport trailer & run from a 40Ah deep cycle battery with a mains charger (6A) in parallel - will run for at least 24hrs without depleting battery below about half capacity when mains not available
Used for essential perishable food items & keeping cold packs frozen

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Great product and outstanding after sales support

Replaced absorption fridge in caravan with this unit and did a 2 week trip to south east Queensland in July. Despite only low 20’s temps through the day had to have thermostat set at 7 (out of 8) to maintain 5 dec C fridge temp. Fridge was also installed with additional insulation so thought it should have performed better. Operation in warmer months is going to be challenging.....

Now we are in the warmer months and there is obviously something wrong with my fridge. Tom from Bushman fridges did not hesitate in agreeing to send me a replacement. It's due this week and I am hopeful of posting a much better review in the coming days.

Replacement fridge has now been run under extreme conditions and is performing very well. Today max temp in locked up van was 43.5degrees (41degree day in Canberra) and the fridge managed to keep the temp inside under 3.3degrees and it was only set on '4' (out of 7).

Very happy with the product now and especially impressed with Tom from Bushman fridges.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Can't fault it

Our fridge permanently runs in our caravan and i can't fault it . It was very easy to install and is also very energy efficient . We would definitely buy another. It is very easy to clean and has a great travel catch to stop it opening during travel. Perfect

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Excellent Fridge

Great bunch of guys at Bushman, helped me on a one to one base. The fridge is working in the caravan, and doing a great job, very pleased with the performance in cooling and freezing. We use it for keeping our Milk, Butter, some soft drinks and a few Beers.I am very impress with the Fridge, a great 12v. system.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Hi guys my brand new 130 litre keeps running any ideas Cheers Scott
Hi Scott, There are many reasons why your compressor could be running continuously. Here are the most common: • The thermostat could be set too low, probably only needs to be on 2 or 3 out of 7. • If your fridge is almost empty of goods the compressor will actually run more often because air does not conduct heat or cold. Best to have it at-least half full or more. • If the door hinges have been reversed, check that the door is closing properly and the seal is closed all the way around. There are other reasons too! Feel free to call us on 03 9437 0737 to chat. Thanks, Tom.Thanks Tom I made a phone call to you guys yesterday and should be all good thanks for your answer much appreciated Cheers Scott

Hi, Is it possible to run this Fridge on a 240/12v transformer? If so, is it the transformer advertised in your accessories section? I am a bit confused on what the power options are for this fridge. Cheers, Shaun
Hi Shaun, the DC65-X will run on 12V or 24V. Most of our customers run the fridge directly from the DC battery bank. Alternatively you could run it from 240V using a 240V to 12V transformer. Cheers.Hi Paul, thanks for your prompt response. If I have the fridge wired into the DC system in the van can I also use the plug in transformer for when the battery runs down? Thanks, ShaunHi Shaun, yes you could plug in a transformer if the batteries are getting down. I think the better option is a smart battery charger, this will maintain your batteries when on 240V and the fridge can continue to run from the batteries while the charger is plugged in. The charger will provide the additional power that the fridge draws.

I am very interested in the dc65x fridge, but would like to know the inside dimensions of the fridge, especially the dept of the shelves. and is there anywhere in South Australia I could go to to have a look at these fridges? kind regards, Els from Goolwa SA
Contact Bushman directly (I've always found their staff very helpful and knowledgeable) or call/visit one of their South Australian DC fridge stockists: BUSHMAN Portable Fridges
 3 Contour Close Research VIC 3095
 03 9437 0737 info@bushman.com.au Mon-Fri / 8:30am-5pm Dario Caravans & Repairs
 1 Pinn St St Marys SA 5042
 08 8277 4388 RVStore Plus - A1 Caravans
 1 Kettering Rd Elizabeth South SA 5112
 08 8287 0788

Bushman Fridges DC50-XBushman Fridges DC65-XBushman Fridges DC85-XBushman Fridges DC130-X
CategoryPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / Freezers
Price (RRP) $999$1,049$1,199$1,299
Type Dual Zone Fridge + FreezerDual Zone Fridge + FreezerDual Zone Fridge + FreezerDual Zone Fridge + Freezer
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)

Download manual