Bushman DC-X Series

Pros

• Energy efficient

• Compact design maximises storage space

• Reviewers say it performs well in Australian summers

• Perfect for mounting in boats and caravans.

Cons

• Vertical design not suitable to throwing in the back of the car

• Less portable than other fridges (requires installation)

Perfect fridge much better then a chest fridge in my hilux

Very happy with how it runs and how much power it draws. Using this fridge every day in my hilux has been a great improvement can’t wait for ice Blocks on hot summer days

Purchased in February 2019 for $1,499.00.

Jeff Marriage

Jeff MarriageGippsland, VIC

Bit early 4 my reveiw

Have not ran fridge yet , Top skirt on mounting kit needed holes filed out for fitment , other wise all looks good . P.S world has got in the way and review arrived before job finished.

Purchased in October 2019 for $1,300.00.

Bruce Avery

Bruce AveryWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Replacement for 12V/240V

So far this fridge has been outstanding. Power consumption is just over half of our previous caravan compressor fridge. Climate since purchase has been mild, so can’t comment on QLD summer temps yet, but so far so good.

Purchased in September 2019.

Simon Clegg

Simon CleggPilbara, WA

Bushman DC130X Caravan Fridge

Bought this fridge to replace a caravan 3 way dometic. Easy to retrofit, good finish and above all performed faultlessly throughout our extended trip. Highly recommended. Handled Kimberley climate well. Good sized freezer

Purchased in March 2019.

Sean

SeanFreshwater, NSW

Great product, awesome service!

Great, compact and efficient design. Freezer adequate size considering the overall size. Low energy draw, but cools very quickly. Super happy with this product.

When we realised, a month after receiving fridge, that we had actually ordered the wrong model, Bushman was excellent about making an exchange. Highly recommended buying direct, as the staff are knowledgeable and quite helpful.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bushman Direct.

Bought it as a bar fridge for my boat cockpit

This second fridge is just perfect for the purpose I wanted it for. Easy to install and stylish in appearance and performance. Lots of good times ahead with this one.

Purchased in July 2019 for $1,199.00.

Ken Lewis

Ken LewisGippsland, VIC

Unbelievable.

Permanently on in our boat, powered only by 12v solar power. It has been unbelievable, even with dull days for 3 or 4 days the batteries feel no pain and the fridge freezes and cools at will.

Purchased in March 2019 for $1,199.00.

joy671

joy671aldinga beach

perfect and reliable

bought for caravan. temp range on last holiday was 2c to 36c outside. it didn t waiver. set temp to 3.5 and food remained beautiful. even to say the bagged lettuce lasted for 5 days... it has heaps of room including freezer room. door space is useful. had 2 waeco/dometics and they are useless compared to this one.
cant fault it.. hope it lasts

Purchased in August 2019 at Dario Caravans for $1,250.00.

STAN

STANDarling Downs, QLD

Excellent fridge

Great fridge I replaced a chest style fridge to make it easier for my wife to access. It uses less power but can't achieve consumption rate stated average is 2amp/hr/24

Purchased in April 2019 for $1,299.00.

Happy Camper

Happy CamperGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Happy Camper - I Hope!

Purchased in February 2019.

Bushman DC130-X

Purchased as a replacement for another brand fridge in our camper that we were not happy with. Bushman power consumption is considerably less and it cycles less. Would prefer two crisper trays to make it easier to access them with a partially open door. A latch which allowed the door to be left partially ajar would also be useful for ventilation when stored. Otherwise great product.

Purchased in February 2019.

Kerrycob

KerrycobGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great size perfect for our camper

We were able to buy a bigger fridge than we usually have because it was compact and fits perfectly into the space we allocated in the camper. It runs full time on the second battery and it uses minimum amps. When we’re driving the battery gets topped up. It’s runs very quietly( don’t notice it in bed), all the contents stay really cold and the icecreams frozen. If staying in the same spot for more than a few days we just put the solar panels out to keep the battery charged no problem. Our son also has a bushman and he swears by his too. We love our Bushman and got it for a great price with free delivery also. Highly recommend

Purchased in November 2018 at DP Refrigeration Bushman Portable Fridges for $1,199.00.

Kathy LeslieCanberra

Very quiet and efficient

This fridge is much quieter and more efficient than the fridge we previously had in our camper trailer.

The only issue I have with it is a design one - I would prefer two small crisper bins instead of the single large crisper bin this fridge has so that I don't have to open the fridge all the way to pull out a crisper bin. Our previous fridge had two small crisper bins which meant it was possible to pull out one (and slide the other over to pull it out if necessary) without having to fully open the door.

Apart from that (and the fact we can't store our magnetic pot mats or magnetic stubby holders on the fridge door anymore) my husband and I are very happy with this fridge and have had no hesitation in recommending it.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Bob Bartlett

Bob BartlettSouth East Queensland, QLD

Positive experience

Performs as claimed
Fitted in to horse transport trailer & run from a 40Ah deep cycle battery with a mains charger (6A) in parallel - will run for at least 24hrs without depleting battery below about half capacity when mains not available
Used for essential perishable food items & keeping cold packs frozen

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Darren Beauchamp

Darren BeauchampCanberra ACT

Great product and outstanding after sales support

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Can't fault it

Our fridge permanently runs in our caravan and i can't fault it . It was very easy to install and is also very energy efficient . We would definitely buy another. It is very easy to clean and has a great travel catch to stop it opening during travel. Perfect

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Excellent Fridge

Great bunch of guys at Bushman, helped me on a one to one base. The fridge is working in the caravan, and doing a great job, very pleased with the performance in cooling and freezing. We use it for keeping our Milk, Butter, some soft drinks and a few Beers.I am very impress with the Fridge, a great 12v. system.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Scottfasked

Hi guys my brand new 130 litre keeps running any ideas
Cheers
Scott

Hi Scott,
There are many reasons why your compressor could be running continuously. Here are the most common:
• The thermostat could be set too low, probably only needs to be on 2 or 3 out of 7.
• If your fridge is almost empty of goods the compressor will actually run more often because air does not conduct heat or cold. Best to have it at-least half full or more.
• If the door hinges have been reversed, check that the door is closing properly and the seal is closed all the way around.
There are other reasons too! Feel free to call us on 03 9437 0737 to chat.
Thanks, Tom.

Scottf

Thanks Tom I made a phone call to you guys yesterday and should be all good thanks for your answer much appreciated
Cheers
Scott

Shaun Chambersasked

Hi, Is it possible to run this Fridge on a 240/12v transformer?
If so, is it the transformer advertised in your accessories section?
I am a bit confused on what the power options are for this fridge.
Cheers,
Shaun

Paul - Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Hi Shaun, the DC65-X will run on 12V or 24V. Most of our customers run the fridge directly from the DC battery bank. Alternatively you could run it from 240V using a 240V to 12V transformer. Cheers.

Shaun Chambers

Hi Paul, thanks for your prompt response.
If I have the fridge wired into the DC system in the van can I also use the plug in transformer for when the battery runs down?
Thanks,
Shaun

Paul - Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Hi Shaun, yes you could plug in a transformer if the batteries are getting down. I think the better option is a smart battery charger, this will maintain your batteries when on 240V and the fridge can continue to run from the batteries while the charger is plugged in. The charger will provide the additional power that the fridge draws.

Els

Elsasked

I am very interested in the dc65x fridge, but would like to know the inside dimensions of the fridge, especially the dept of the shelves. and is there anywhere in South Australia I could go to to have a look at these fridges?
kind regards, Els from Goolwa SA

Kathy Leslie

Contact Bushman directly (I've always found their staff very helpful and knowledgeable) or call/visit one of their South Australian DC fridge stockists:

BUSHMAN Portable Fridges