Verified🏆 2024 Award

Eco-friendly glass beads
Beads can bunch up

Disgruntled customer
Disgruntled customerMetropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts

Would give a zero if I could

Ordered on 1st December, supposed to be 7 day delivery, 26th December still no delivery, no updates on delivery date, emailed three times only response is they hope to deliver soon,
Calming Blankets Store
Calming Blankets Store   DM
Tru
Tru

Blanket is good - customer service is NOT!

The blanket itself is good - except it does bunch up very easily within the cover. However, the customer service is non-existent!

I ordered both a cotton and a bamboo cover for my blanket in late November and over five weeks later - I have still not received even a shipping notice to say my covers are on the way, let alone having received the actual paid for products. The only response to my two email queries and one Facebook messenger query has been automated replies.There is no other way to get in contact with the company/supplier.
Honestly, save yourself the hassle and avoid this company - there are just as good weighted blankets available from reputable vendors with better customer service.

Lynlee J.
Lynlee J.

Great product and service

Love the breathable bamboo fabric as I was worried it would be too hot. Glass beads distribute evenly. The colour of both smoke grey and the Maldives green are lovely. The 9KG was a little too heavy for me but the free return was easy and customer care has been excellent. My new 6.8kg blanket is perfect. And they come with a bonus matching pillow slip :) I highly recommend Calming Blankets! Show details
Elizabeth C.
Elizabeth C.

Great Weighted Blanket

Great quality blanket. Customer service was phenomenal despite me being really difficult. Glass beads are evenly distributed. Really soft blanket. Show details
Dylan Stewart
Dylan Stewart

Products Are poorly made

went through two blankets in two years. the first tore while being washed despite their advertisement that products were machine washable. they sent a replacement blanket that began to fall apart within 6 months leaving warranty. severely disappointed in the overall quality on display. Show details
Calming Blankets Store
Calming Blankets Store   DM
Hughie
HughieGippsland, VIC2 posts

It works for me!

Stayed at my sisters; with a weighted blanket on bed. She lives on a busy road in Melbourne and I never sleep well there. With the blanket I had a very restful night! I bought the 6.8 Kg model as soon as I got home. Use it every night and take it away with me. Show details
Kylie
KylieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great returns and refund policy

I ordered 2 kids blankets and unfortunately they were way too small to put on my kids king single beds (It was my fault I should’ve read the measurements before purchasing).

However, I loved that there was a free return policy. It was made easy.

I do hope one day they’ll make a bigger sized blanket in a light weight blanket. My twins only weigh 20kg but have a queen doona on their beds as they wriggle. I would’ve given 5 stars if this was the case, but the service was excellent to return I must admit. Great job. Show reply

Amy W
Amy WSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Great blanket + Excellent Customer Service

I use my blanket every single night and love it. When I had some issues with it the team at Calming Blankets were so friendly and helpful. I couldn't recommend them more. Show reply
Jude2 posts

So cosy weighted blanket

Informative website, easy to order and arrived promptly. Lovely weighted blanket, such a cosy cover, it’s lovely to snuggle up under and the weight felt surprisingly comfortable when I first started using it. I’m still using the summer duvet over the blanket as I’m so warm, just love the cover. I also ordered the bamboo cover but the temperatures went down so I will try that again next year when it’s warmer at night. I’m completely satisfied with the blanket and covers and recommend them. Show details
Lisa
Lisa

Weighted Blanket Family Pack + 3 Cotton Covers

They finally arrived! My daughters and I are loving our blankets!! The minky cover is lovely to touch and we are looking forward to using the cotton covers over the summer period. When you wrap the blanket around you, it feels like you're getting a big hug!! Such great value getting the family pack. Three very happy ladies here! :) Show details
Andrea R.
Andrea R.2 posts

The kids love their calming blanket

Very good for kids who are sleep walkers or find it difficult to settle at night. My kids love theirs.
The 3 pack is good value, excellent customer service and fast postage. Show details
Clarke
ClarkeSydney, NSW

Great purchase

My teen son loves it! Purchased the queen size in the graphite grey colour. The colour looks great in his room! Definitely recommend this blanket…I wish I bought it sooner. Show details ·  1
FredSydney, NSW7 posts

Very Good

The first night i slept like a baby, haven't slept like this in years. I’ve had it for over a month now, and with trial of using my old blanket in between i have to say i do go into a deeper sleep with the weighted blanket. However after a while i do feel like id like a “heavier” blanket but that is because of the weighted exercise and my body feeling more sore. Overall I honestly believe it is one of the best purchase’s I’ve made this year and have zero regrets. Literally a 4 out of 5 stars for sure. Show details ·  1
Mum
Mum

Lovely, restful sleep

A beautiful product. So calming and warm in any weather. Got the wrong weight and had no trouble exchanging, customer service was prompt. Very quick to dispatch too. Love it!  Show details ·  1
Rach
Rach3 posts

Good Customer Care

EDITED REVIEW: I initially reviewed this product as "disappointed" the blanket was to heavy for me even though I went with the recommended weight. I have to say I am now very impressed with this company and the blanket, their customer care reached out to me after my review and offered to exchange or refund. I opted to exchange it for the lighter one and they arranged return postage of the old one and delivery of the new one to me very quickly. I now have the new one and love it! It is a much better weight for me!  Show details ·  1

Anton B.
Anton B.

Hi,

Do people find that the weight of the blanket hinders breathing in any way? I don't think I have sleep apnoea or anything like that, but just am curious to see what people experiences are with a weighted blanket and breathing.

Cheers,
Anton

Jude

I had wondered that but didn’t find it a problem, it was surprisingly comfortable

Rhys D.
Rhys D.

Order #CB188237 Hi, I'm more than a little concerned after reading these reviews. I really hope this blanket works for me. Due to my sleeping disorder. I should have done my research prior to ordering, but I am at my witts end with sleeping. Could you please explain the return/refund process to me, if I am delivered an inferior or misleading product?

Ange S.
Ange S.

I purchased the Bamboo Weighted Blanket as I live in sunny Queensland and wanted a natural fabric that would breathe. I received a blanket and the label says Polyester Inner and Outer with glass beads filling. There is zero reference to bamboo. I've done a bit of reading online and am pretty confident that Bamboo should not be labelled as polyester in any circumstance. Can anyone offer any explanation? It seems a bit misleading to me.

Calming Blanket
Calming Blanket   DM
Krystina
Krystina

Hi, I have just had the same experience. They are telling me the polyster one is infact bamboo.... it doesnt feel anything like bamboo. It feels silky, just like polyster. Did you ever get sent a bamboo one?
Really hate feeling misled.

Calming Blanket
Calming Blanket   DM

Improve your sleep, reduce your anxiety and wrap yourself in the velvety embrace of the original weighted blanket.

Features

• Ultra-soft faux minky plush fabric
  • Eco-friendly
  • Durable & washable
  • Weight options: 4.5kg, 6.8kg & 9kg
  • 30-day risk-free guarantee with free returns
  • Non-toxic, noise-free glass beads
  • Antimicrobial
  • Warmth: Both the inner and outer blanket are made from polyester which is scientifically proved to retain heat. The tight weave of the polyester fabric traps the heat inside, keeping you warm for long periods of time. The luxurious faux-fur coats the outside for an extra layer of warmth and softness.
  • Minky fabric: The ultra-soft feel comes from the knit fabric which is very durable. As minky fabric is one-sided, this means a plusher, fur-like and ultra snug texture on the outside.

What reviewers thought

There are many 5-star reviews that state that the blanket had a very calming effect on the users. Others claim that the product did little for them or the blankets bunched to one side and needed to be shaken to be loosened. Overall, there are many satisfied customers who would recommend the product to others.