Calming Blanket Weighted Blanket

25 questions from our users

Anton B.
Anton B.asked

Hi,

Do people find that the weight of the blanket hinders breathing in any way? I don't think I have sleep apnoea or anything like that, but just am curious to see what people experiences are with a weighted blanket and breathing.

Cheers,
Anton

Jude
Jude

I had wondered that but didn’t find it a problem, it was surprisingly comfortable

Rhys D.
Rhys D.asked

Order #CB188237 Hi, I'm more than a little concerned after reading these reviews. I really hope this blanket works for me. Due to my sleeping disorder. I should have done my research prior to ordering, but I am at my witts end with sleeping. Could you please explain the return/refund process to me, if I am delivered an inferior or misleading product?

Fred
Fred
Ange S.
Ange S.asked

I purchased the Bamboo Weighted Blanket as I live in sunny Queensland and wanted a natural fabric that would breathe. I received a blanket and the label says Polyester Inner and Outer with glass beads filling. There is zero reference to bamboo. I've done a bit of reading online and am pretty confident that Bamboo should not be labelled as polyester in any circumstance. Can anyone offer any explanation? It seems a bit misleading to me.

Krystina
Krystina

Hi, I have just had the same experience. They are telling me the polyster one is infact bamboo.... it doesnt feel anything like bamboo. It feels silky, just like polyster. Did you ever get sent a bamboo one?
Really hate feeling misled.

Chrisl
Chrislasked

I ordered 2 blankets, a kevin koala and a face mask on july 27th 2020.
I have had many email exchanges with you, the last from paris on sept 2nd, who was going to arrange for a priority shipment. Today I tried to ring and got a voice message asking me to email, and when I emailed to support@calmingblankets.Com.Au. The email ‘bounced’. Have you gone out of business?
I now wish to request a full reund of $696.99aud
I also request a phone call on 0404074262 within 2 working days. I save copies of all correspondence, and will take this up with consumer affairs, if no reply.
Chris leatherland

Agnes
Agnesasked

Just have a concern about the uneven weight distribution that people have complained about in their reviews.

Can you provide more information on how the beads are distributed in the blanket

Tracy
Tracy
jeanasked

I have tried to call your office and tried sending emails but with no luck i would like to return my calming blanket and i would like to know how to do it can you please tell me how to do this

jean d.
jean d.asked

i want to return my calming blanket please tell me how

Natalie W.
Natalie W.

Didn’t you like your calming blanket? You should be able to return if your not satisfied. I bought two and I think they are really good. The service was excellent so you should have any problems sending it back.

jean

no way to heavy felt like someone sitting on me

Marcelline H.
Marcelline H.

Did you get the right weight? And it takes a few days to get used to the weight.

jean d.
jean d.asked

i would like to know how to return my calming blanket

Laura E.
Laura E.

You need to email them.

Ali
Aliasked

Hi I have just received my bamboo queen blanket which I can’t wait to try but it hasn’t come with an outer bamboo cover. ?

Moongoldasked

OK. So how does it work? What makes it calm anxiety, please?

Ralph
Ralph

For me I honestly don't know how it does this but maybe it has something to do with the weight pressing on you giving you the sense of security . I know it has worked for me and this is all I can go by. So I hope this has helped out a little.

Moongold

I hate weight in my blankets so don't think I'd like it. Thanks for the reply anyway!

Wiser Now
Wiser Nowasked

Hi I have some questions and have rung- message said you are too busy yo talk to people, and emailed-no answer. Seems there are 4 models: ocean, quartz, granite, and bamboo- how do I select the correct one? Also what weight blanket for a 63 kg adult? Is the adult big enough for one, or would I need the queen? Hoping you (the company) see this and give me the information or, someone who has bought one might kindly do it for them.

Courtney M.
Courtney M.
Lovemylambasked

Just wanted to know where the calming blankets are made? Does any one know? I am particularly interested in the hand knitted version. Thanks.

Jackie C.
Jackie C.

Labelled 'made in China' though that is the Bamboo one which is labelled as polyester!

Janine
Janineasked

Hi. I am living in London ( UK ) and would like to order two blankets. One for my husband who is 83kg and one for myself. I am 63kg. We are both quite warm and I have menopausal symptoms so I over heat easily, so I think the Bamboo would be best. What weight do you recommend for the two blankets required? Are we able to get a single size blanket each as two big blankets on one bed might be a bit much. Definitely very interested and would like to order as soon as possible. Any suggestions will be helpful? Janine.

Alexandra
Alexandra

the weight recommended on their website for both your weights is
68kg = 6.8kg blanket
83kg = 9kg blanket
I would also suggest you both get the bamboo covers as theyre much cooler than all the other covers!

Rosey
Roseyasked

What is the difference between the bamboo and plain weights blanket? I’m worried it’s going be too heavy

Layney
Layney

The bamboo will be lighter in weight but only marginally, it will “breathe” a bit better but I purchased the blanket that I think would suit my purpose best

Tori F.
Tori F.asked

I am worried the blanket will be to hot as i am going through menopause and sleep really hot but was interested in the blanket because i have anxiety as well. Any suggestions? Thanks Tori

Kellie-Marie D.
Kellie-Marie D.

Hi Tori, its no hotter then just a throw, maybe a sheet and yr calming blanket would be fine.

Tania
Tania
G.gardner
G.gardnerasked

Hi I have had my blanket less then a week and it has wearing holes where the beads have fallen out and gone all through my bed, as much as I enjoyed the weight this was a massive disappointment. I also noticed clumping in areas.

Calming BlanketsCalming BlanketSend a private message

G.gardner - this is definitely not a regular occurrence and is not normal. Please email us some photos and we will get you a new blanket sent out straight away :)

Glen
Glenasked

Is usage limited to certain timeframes ? or are they suitable for overnight use

Kylie_Embury
Kylie_Embury

They are suitable for overnight use. I use mine all night, and anytime during the day that I feel I need it.

Angela A.
Angela A.asked

Hi, I have a 9 year old daughter and a 5 year old son probably both under 30kg but am unsure of which blanket to buy and am thinking about longer term use - as they get older. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Holly
Holly

We got the lowest weight in the adult sizes..not sure if that was 4.5 or 6.5 kgs. I highly reccomend asking the calming blanket site. Their support IT is great. Our son is 8 and we find it calming ourselves.

Georgie M
Georgie M

I bought the adult one which was 4.5kg. My 9 year old is the youngest in our family so I felt that the adult size would be fine and it is. You could always try one and see how you go

Calming BlanketsCalming BlanketSend a private message

Hey Angela! I suggest you contact our support at help@calmingblankets.com.au with all your details so we can help you make the right choice. Alternatively there is lots of information on our blog on our website! We look forward to helping you :)

mARLZ
mARLZasked

What weight is suggested for an adult?

Tania M
Tania M

They recommend 10% of your body weight

Leeanne
Leeanneasked

Hi,

I am just wondering is it safe while pregnant? I weigh approximately 57kg wondering what weight I should get?

Thanks,
Leeanne

Calming BlanketsCalming BlanketSend a private message

Hey Leeanne - Please consult with your GP about this :)

We have had customers use it in the past while pregnant however can not comment any further!

Joe M.
Joe M.

You think you'd know using health as selling point

Get an answer from our members and Calming Blankets Store representatives