Calming Blanket Weighted Blanket

Calming Blanket Weighted Blanket Questions & Answers

21 questions from our users

Agnes

Agnesasked

Just have a concern about the uneven weight distribution that people have complained about in their reviews.

Can you provide more information on how the beads are distributed in the blanket

Tracy
Tracy

I don’t find it a problem. The internal ties keep it in place inside the cover. It does bunch up a little at the bottom but the weight is still evenly distributed. I just shake it out in the morning. It’s not enough that it affects the intention of the blanket.

jeanasked

I have tried to call your office and tried sending emails but with no luck i would like to return my calming blanket and i would like to know how to do it can you please tell me how to do this

jean d.

jean d.asked

i want to return my calming blanket please tell me how

Natalie W.
Natalie W.

Didn’t you like your calming blanket? You should be able to return if your not satisfied. I bought two and I think they are really good. The service was excellent so you should have any problems sending it back.

jean

no way to heavy felt like someone sitting on me

Marcelline H.
Marcelline H.

Did you get the right weight? And it takes a few days to get used to the weight.

jean d.

jean d.asked

i would like to know how to return my calming blanket

Laura E.
Laura E.

You need to email them.

Ali

Aliasked

Hi I have just received my bamboo queen blanket which I can’t wait to try but it hasn’t come with an outer bamboo cover. ?

Moongoldasked

OK. So how does it work? What makes it calm anxiety, please?

Ralph
Ralph

For me I honestly don't know how it does this but maybe it has something to do with the weight pressing on you giving you the sense of security . I know it has worked for me and this is all I can go by. So I hope this has helped out a little.

Moongold

I hate weight in my blankets so don't think I'd like it. Thanks for the reply anyway!

Wiser Now

Wiser Nowasked

Hi I have some questions and have rung- message said you are too busy yo talk to people, and emailed-no answer. Seems there are 4 models: ocean, quartz, granite, and bamboo- how do I select the correct one? Also what weight blanket for a 63 kg adult? Is the adult big enough for one, or would I need the queen? Hoping you (the company) see this and give me the information or, someone who has bought one might kindly do it for them.

Courtney M.
Courtney M.

The models are just the colours of the blanket, except the bamboo one I think that’s different fabric from the rest. The blanket best suited you is 10% of your body weight. So the one closest to 6.3kgs. The adult is like a single bed size. So definitely big enough for you.

Lovemylamb

Lovemylambasked

Just wanted to know where the calming blankets are made? Does any one know? I am particularly interested in the hand knitted version. Thanks.

Janine

Janineasked

Hi. I am living in London ( UK ) and would like to order two blankets. One for my husband who is 83kg and one for myself. I am 63kg. We are both quite warm and I have menopausal symptoms so I over heat easily, so I think the Bamboo would be best. What weight do you recommend for the two blankets required? Are we able to get a single size blanket each as two big blankets on one bed might be a bit much. Definitely very interested and would like to order as soon as possible. Any suggestions will be helpful? Janine.

Alexandra
Alexandra

the weight recommended on their website for both your weights is
68kg = 6.8kg blanket
83kg = 9kg blanket
I would also suggest you both get the bamboo covers as theyre much cooler than all the other covers!

Rosey

Roseyasked

What is the difference between the bamboo and plain weights blanket? I’m worried it’s going be too heavy

Layney
Layney

The bamboo will be lighter in weight but only marginally, it will “breathe” a bit better but I purchased the blanket that I think would suit my purpose best

Tori F.

Tori F.asked

I am worried the blanket will be to hot as i am going through menopause and sleep really hot but was interested in the blanket because i have anxiety as well. Any suggestions? Thanks Tori

Kellie-Marie D.
Kellie-Marie D.

Hi Tori, its no hotter then just a throw, maybe a sheet and yr calming blanket would be fine.

Tania
Tania

Hi Tori, I haven’t found it to make me hot. I still have a sheet and my other doona on top of the blanket as I have the weighted blanket but my husband does not. I do live in a cold climate so even with the heating on at a constant 17 over night I don’t get hot. Hope this helps:)

G.gardner

G.gardnerasked

Hi I have had my blanket less then a week and it has wearing holes where the beads have fallen out and gone all through my bed, as much as I enjoyed the weight this was a massive disappointment. I also noticed clumping in areas.

Calming B.Calming Blanket

G.gardner - this is definitely not a regular occurrence and is not normal. Please email us some photos and we will get you a new blanket sent out straight away :)

Glen

Glenasked

Is usage limited to certain timeframes ? or are they suitable for overnight use

Kylie_Embury
Kylie_Embury

They are suitable for overnight use. I use mine all night, and anytime during the day that I feel I need it.

Angela A.

Angela A.asked

Hi, I have a 9 year old daughter and a 5 year old son probably both under 30kg but am unsure of which blanket to buy and am thinking about longer term use - as they get older. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Holly
Holly

We got the lowest weight in the adult sizes..not sure if that was 4.5 or 6.5 kgs. I highly reccomend asking the calming blanket site. Their support IT is great. Our son is 8 and we find it calming ourselves.

Georgie M
Georgie M

I bought the adult one which was 4.5kg. My 9 year old is the youngest in our family so I felt that the adult size would be fine and it is. You could always try one and see how you go

Calming B.Calming Blanket

Hey Angela! I suggest you contact our support at help@calmingblankets.com.au with all your details so we can help you make the right choice. Alternatively there is lots of information on our blog on our website! We look forward to helping you :)

mARLZ

mARLZasked

What weight is suggested for an adult?

Tania M
Tania M

They recommend 10% of your body weight

Leeanne

Leeanneasked

Hi,

I am just wondering is it safe while pregnant? I weigh approximately 57kg wondering what weight I should get?

Thanks,
Leeanne

Calming B.Calming Blanket

Hey Leeanne - Please consult with your GP about this :)

We have had customers use it in the past while pregnant however can not comment any further!

Joe M.
Joe M.

You think you'd know using health as selling point

Emma C.

Emma C.asked

Hello, my son wakes every night and finds it difficult to go back to sleep in his own bed. He is 9 yrs old and 35kg. Should i buy the adult 5kg or child blanket? Thanks.

Hey Emma :)

We would recommend the 4.5kg adult length blanket!

sue

sueasked

Can you claim for the blanket on health insurance extras cover?

Hey Sue!

Probably best you ask your health insurance provider. An invoice/receipt will be sent to you upon completing your purchase. Whether this can be used to claim back, I am unsure.

Michelle N

Michelle Nasked

Hi
I would like to purchase one of your blankets, however I have read a few reviews about your cover not being great. Has this been changed?

Hi Michelle,

Unsure what problem you are referring to here :)

Our cover now has 12 ties which stops shifting which was a slight problem last year. However we don't have any negative reviews so I am unsure what your specific question is about.

Let me know so I can help you!

Davie

Filiz
Filiz

Hi yes i have read in the reviews as well that the cover doesnt stay it bundles. There are couple of people saying that and one has removed the cover due to this problem. Im curious too now with a ? Mark

Hey all,

If your ties of your outer blanket are properly secured to your inner blanket this should not be a problem! :)

TX1

TX1asked

Will it cover a queen bed and replace my quilt.

Hey TX1

Our adult blankets are single size however we have also just released a queen mattress sized blanket.

This can replace your quilt & cover your queen bed. It won't drape over the edges which can cause the blanket to fall off.

We recommend 1 blanket per person when using a weighted blanket to aid with sleep.

Thanks heaps,