Calming Blanket Weighted Blanket

Calming Blanket Weighted Blanket Questions & Answers

9 questions from our users

Is usage limited to certain timeframes ? or are they suitable for overnight use
They are suitable for overnight use. I use mine all night, and anytime during the day that I feel I need it.

Hi, I have a 9 year old daughter and a 5 year old son probably both under 30kg but am unsure of which blanket to buy and am thinking about longer term use - as they get older. Any advice would be great. Thanks.
We got the lowest weight in the adult sizes..not sure if that was 4.5 or 6.5 kgs. I highly reccomend asking the calming blanket site. Their support IT is great. Our son is 8 and we find it calming ourselves.I bought the adult one which was 4.5kg. My 9 year old is the youngest in our family so I felt that the adult size would be fine and it is. You could always try one and see how you goHey Angela! I suggest you contact our support at help@calmingblankets.com.au with all your details so we can help you make the right choice. Alternatively there is lots of information on our blog on our website! We look forward to helping you :)

What weight is suggested for an adult?
They recommend 10% of your body weightPlease read our weight and size guide here :) https://www.calmingblankets.com.au/blogs/news/choosing-the-right-size-and-weight-for-your-weighted-blanket

Hello, my son wakes every night and finds it difficult to go back to sleep in his own bed. He is 9 yrs old and 35kg. Should i buy the adult 5kg or child blanket? Thanks.
Hey Emma :) We would recommend the 4.5kg adult length blanket!

Can you claim for the blanket on health insurance extras cover?
Hey Sue! Probably best you ask your health insurance provider. An invoice/receipt will be sent to you upon completing your purchase. Whether this can be used to claim back, I am unsure.

Hi I would like to purchase one of your blankets, however I have read a few reviews about your cover not being great. Has this been changed?
Hi Michelle, Unsure what problem you are referring to here :) Our cover now has 12 ties which stops shifting which was a slight problem last year. However we don't have any negative reviews so I am unsure what your specific question is about. Let me know so I can help you! DavieHi yes i have read in the reviews as well that the cover doesnt stay it bundles. There are couple of people saying that and one has removed the cover due to this problem. Im curious too now with a ? MarkHey all, If your ties of your outer blanket are properly secured to your inner blanket this should not be a problem! :)

Will it cover a queen bed and replace my quilt.
Hey TX1 Our adult blankets are single size however we have also just released a queen mattress sized blanket. This can replace your quilt & cover your queen bed. It won't drape over the edges which can cause the blanket to fall off. We recommend 1 blanket per person when using a weighted blanket to aid with sleep. Thanks heaps, Calming Blankets

Hi Jane Do you mind me asking which weight you bought ? Finding it hard to decide lighter or heavier. Many thanks Lorraine
I'd go with lighter. Your best bet is to pile a couple of quilts and blankets on top of yourself and see how your body reacts. The great thing about CB is that the company handles returns and exchanges really really well!

Get an answer from our members and Calming Blanket representatives