• Ink Cartridge Longevity
  • Printing Speed
  • Reliability

PeterMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Cant use

I needed to purchase some urgent docs, so I race out grab a new printer and go home to connect and print.
WRONG - It's cant wirelessly connect and there's no cable supplied...............
I can't believe that any company could supply and item such as a printer that is inoperable.
VERY DISAPPOINTED........the stores are now closed and i have an early flight meaning those urgent docs wont be printed.

Purchased in February 2020 at Kmart for $59.00.

Gplv33

Gplv33Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Unit was supplied with defective black ink catridge.

Purchased from Big-W Arndale SA. Easy to set up and connect but you need your own USB cable as none is supplied. Unable to test print quality as the driver showed the black ink tank supplied with the unit to be empty. Looked like it had just dried out. Replacement ink at $52 would cost more than the printer itself at $36. Will return the unit.

Purchased in February 2020 at Big W for $36.00.

ElisaNorthern Region, NSW

Hard to connect!!

No USB cable. Yes it was stated in the box but should have easier way to connect even without USB cable. The online manual doesn’t help much. CD doesn’t help too when you don’t have CD player

Purchased in January 2020 at Australia Post Offices for $45.00.

Scottie

ScottieCentral Queensland, QLD

Junk pile

Bought this after boxing day sale. Wasted hours trying to connect to wifi as called salesperson who told me usb cable was not necessary as you only had to push 2 buttons at the same time to get wifi. What a load of rubbish. Now have to travel 65ks to the shop to get a usb cable. What a ripoff, that they don't include it and increase the price. Would not recommend at all

Purchased in January 2020 at Noel Leeming Physical store for $19.99.

Printing Speed
Carl

CarlDarling Downs, QLD

Cheap and easy to use.

Purchased this off Joyce Mayne for over $20. Was informed it did not come with a USB cable which was no problem as I had quite a few at home.
Very easy to set up and the print quality was excellent. As previously stated here, the replacement cartridges are very expensive, so when my cartridges ran out I simply went back to Joyce Mayne and paid $20 for another Canon MG2560 which, again, came with cartridges.

Purchased in December 2018 at Joyce Mayne for $22.00.

Printing Speed
Sam

SamSydney Surrounds, NSW

love it

very good printer it prints fast very good the best you should buy and it does cost must money if you thinking off buying one its good does jam every one get one I love it I buy it for my kids and they like it its good good good

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Stoney81

Stoney81

Doesn't come with USB B to A cable

I am yet to use the printer as it doesn't come with everything needed to get started. The side of the box does state in small print that the USB cable is not included. However, it does not say that there is absolutely no way to connect the printer without it. Extremely poor form. Hopefully, once I have found someone with the correct cable and get set up I have a quality budget printer.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
QuratulAin

QuratulAinAU

Canon Pixma MG2560

I bought this to replace an old printer. Works perfectly fine. Not expensive but prints good quality documents and easy to use as well. Came with the ink cartridge as well and good thing is it only has two cartridges. Software suite is a good versatile collection of user friendly options. Overall a very good device for the price we pay for.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Bill Hill

Bill HillTownsville

Good for the price

It was cheap at the post office. On the top of the box it said 'USB cable not included', on the side of the box it said ;USB cable not included', the list of contents on the outside of the box did not show a USB cable. I was not surprised to not find one. Set up was easy, print quality is good and it is good value. Bit of a pain to be liited to one copy at a time when not connected to the computer.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Rhodes P.

Rhodes P.

Excellent Budget Printer

I bought this model from Harvey Norman for $17- as well as a HP printer costing more. I didn't use the Cannon as I bought it as a spare($17). After using the HP for some time and becoming fed up with the quality of printing and the drivers always being faulty or missing (software), I decided to try the MG2560. The quality of color printing is exceptional, and I would suggest if you would like to find the most intricate color page you can find and print that page. Mine was missing a cable for which I had a spare so for me it wasn't an issue. Try printing a color page and you will be totally astonished at the quality. If you don't have a cable, trust me and go buy one, you have a little miracle waiting to come to life in your MG2560

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

No cable, waste of time!

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Shay

ShayTownsville

No USB cable!!!!!

Absolutely mortified that the USB cable does not come with the printer!! Not only do I have to buy it separately but I have to make another trip to the shops! Wouldn't have a clue where to buy one either. Waste of time. Definetly wont be buying another one. I pray the actual printer works or i will be writing another terrible review.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Natalie

Natalie

Never connect straight

It was a bit hard to set up but it was still alright. Then I printed my documents several times, all the time I needed to look for the wifi and connect again and again. Sometimes it didint work and there was no solution. I decided to throw away this crap and bought new one. I suggest everyone when they buy a printer, it's better to check the price of inks as well.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Why sell a printer that has no USB it’s cheap and nasty the canon website is even worse so designed

No it’s trash why bother even putting it in shops
Withdraw it or be honest and write on box buyer beware
Can’t make any sense of the website
Go through all the installing on multiple devices still doesn’t work
Why can you explain why
And contact with canon is impossible seriously you can do better
I had a canon yrs back and it was great what a shame your company deliver such poor quality products in 2018

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Hot Mess

When I click on "PRINT" I get a choice of where to save the document. It only allows me to print something saved on a document. I hate it! Tried to print my insurance ID card. Finally called and told them to just mail it after it printed a jumbled mess several times. Waste of money.

No usb cable

So bought my printer today and no cable why would you sell a printer with no cable, they assume you have one but this is the first printer i bought so im not buying any canon products again.
Its like buying a laptop with no charger, it doesn't make sense!

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Jamie

JamieBrisbane

rubbish

I bought it early this year (2018) and it has never worked, contacted Canon support many times they suggested things to do, but nothing fixed the problem. I purchase it because of price, due to being unemployed I couldn't afford a more expensive one. I simply needed to print resumes.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Beyond Terrible

Firstly, I paid $50 for this printer from my Post Office. Upon looking at reviews most have paid less than $30 for this pile of junk. Secondly, the USB cable necessary to have a working printer is not included. Why Canon would not include the most crucial piece of equipment is beyond me. Pathetic. Will not be purchasing a Canon printer ever again.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Works as good as a brick

Brought the printer to get some important documents printed, was setting it up and found out that there is no USB included. Why would they want to sell a product with crucial element missing is beyond me. Spent 2 hours in frustration and finally gave up. Gonna return this piece of junk to the store first thing in the morning and stop using canon products in general.

nettisketti

nettiskettiSouth Mission Beach

nning documents.

I bought simply for scanning purposes, so a cheap buy really. I finally found a usb cord to connect to my laptop (one is not supplied) however that was not the last of the issues. By reading the comments here I was able to shorten the exasperating set-up time and survive, hair intact. I copied the disc from an old laptop to a USB to install the driver. Had to uninstall and reinstall for it to finally work. I took note that they expect you to align the print heads and disregarded this step once I knew the printer was connected and working. I finally found a file that enabled me to scan then set arranged my settings for scan and voila! Scanning happily to PC.

Date PurchasedApr 2018