Canon Pixma MG2560

Canon Pixma MG2560

MPN: MG2560
See the Best Printers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Canon

• Ink Cartridge Longevity
  • Reliability
  • Printing Speed
a_r_parkerCentral West, NSW

Big piece of rubbish returning for refund

Picks up non or all of the paper, software wont install correctly so no scanning function.
Returning for a refund tomorrow morning, don't waste your time and monies on this unit

Purchased in August 2021 at Australia Post Offices for $49.

Louella
LouellaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great basic printer, copier, scanner

I have owned three of these printers over the years. The most recent two were bought on sale from the Good Guys for $15 each and both came with cord and printer ink! The first two lasted about 5 years each but eventually the paper grabbers (technical term) started playing up. I just installed my third one today. Easy. Prints, copies and scans really well. They have never jammed. Only fault I could find is that I could only scan one page at a time by laying it on the flatbed. But I wouldn't be surprised to learn that it can can do multiple pages - just need to read the instructions. I believe MG2560 discontinued now. Superceded by MG3060. Let's hope it is just as good.

Purchased for $15.

travis.wruck
travis.wruck

worst printer ever made.

scanning is a joke printing is below average. not even worth it as a paper weight sucks i just wanna throw it against a wall over it

Kevin
KevinSouth East Queensland, QLD

Horrible

This is the worst printer I have ever used. So difficult to change settings. Cannot even scan in pdf. When I went to rate it there was no 0 star option. The only good thing about this printer is that I'm going to throw it away.

Yakka
YakkaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Canon MG SERIES.

Hello,i have owned 2 of the MG series, and i am annoyed at myself for not learning lessons from the first. The last MG2560 has been plagued with problems. You cant print once the black cartridge runs out, then when you replace that it will only print in Colour.You cannot manually overide settings. If i print off emails the left side is "cropped", not allowing the full page.I had a return sticker emailed to me and no mater what i tried the barcode will not read.Waste of money. Also often it will not delete a previous print Que, it tries to reprint prior documents although you delete them.I will step up and spend more on another brand.Honestly printers were better 15 years ago.Stephen Y.

Purchased in April 2019 at Officeworks for $60.

Canon Pixma MG 2540S Printer. Don't buy!!!

Absolutely unsatisfactory printer. I have bought 2 over the period of 1 year and both have stopped functioning within 6 months. I have 2 friends who had the exact experience as myself.
There is some issue with feeding the paper into the printer. It makes this clicking sound and you scan see the "flaps" moving back and forward very rapidly, so not feeding in the paper through.
The message you receive is there no paper, not true!
Under no circumstances buy this printer!!
Very dissatisfied customer.

Purchased in January 2020 at Lulu for $40.

Emma
EmmaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Got this on sale and am very happy with it

Have had this for a while now and have not had any major issues with it (like many printers I've had in the past!) If you have an issues just press the Stop button for about 10 seconds and it resets it.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.
Clara V.7 Dec 2021
Stella123
Stella123North Queensland, QLD

MG 2560 is worst printer I have ever bought.

I bought this printer from my local Betta store when I urgently needed to print some documents because my previous printer had died. Not having a cable was no problem as I already owned one. However right from the first printing it had trouble with the paper feed but as I really needed a printer I coaxed it to work. And from that time on there has been an ongoing problem with the paper feed. Now the printer has gone one better and frozen in the middle of photocopying and refuses to work at all, nor be repaired using the onscreen repair manual. As for print quality, I didn't really get many copies out of it before it completely died. So it will be a new printer for me as this one is going in the bin!

Purchased in March 2020 at Betta Home Living.

Katherine
KatherineSoutheast, SA

Just bought this Canon MG2560

Have only just setup this MG2560 and it works a treat. Was given good instructions from the seller including the fact that it did not come with a USB cable but had one on hand. I noticed all the negative reviews and most were to the effect that it did not come with a USB cable - cant they read or don't they look at what they are buying. To get a printer for $50 is amazing when you consider it had to be designed,manufactured,sent on a container ship from wherever,sent to the wholesaler,retailer and everybody had to have a profit - all for 50 bucks - a round of beers cost more than that. Some people don,t know when theyre well off.
Great printer Canon keep the good work up.

Purchased in June 2020 for $50.

Dave
Dave

Idiots at Canon

Bought the printer - just cheap and easy to do infrequent work

Got out of the box and installed only to find it needs a USB A to B cable. Which isn’t supplied

And I don’t have one

Absolutely stupid. Will never buy canon again

Purchased in June 2020 at Betta Home Living for $60.

annoyedcustomer
annoyedcustomerSouth East Queensland, QLD

bad labelling!!!

why the hell would you sell a product without the required cable and presume people already should have it. your customer care is terrible, boycott cannon. never buying from again and telling all my friends to avoid this company.

Purchased in April 2020.

Never ever buy this printer

I have bought several of these printers over the last few years, I bought them whilst they were cheap and no other reason. When they work they work well, however after a few months maybe 6 or 12, they start showing ERROR codes, the last one I remember was 5100. It matters not tho because it would appear that the software is just not compatible with Windows 10.

Purchased in April 2019 at Big W for $35.

very upset girl
very upset girlSouth East Queensland, QLD

NO USB CABLE

Why on gods green earth would an item be sold without the equipment it needs to work? This was a total waste of time and money. SO ANGRYYYYY and very UPSET.

Purchased in May 2020 at Kmart for $39.

Day
DaySydney, NSW

It's great !

Great printer was easy to install.
Colour is good.Very happy with it so far .. it did print a couple of blank pages but not a big issue for me.
It's noisy but doesn't bother me.
Perfect for my needs.

Purchased in May 2020 at Big W Retail Stores for $39.

Bobby
BobbyHunter Region, NSW

good for the price

Purchased a floor model that had no cable, no CD, no ink cartridges and no box that they come in. Bought cartridges and connected to my computer with no real problems. Had the connecting cable all he rest was on line. Works better then I expected both printer and scanner, only miss the wifi.

Purchased in April 2020 at Big W for $19.20.