Canon Pixma MG3660

Canon Pixma MG3660

Pros

• Affordable

Cons

• Prone to breaking down

• Ink Cartridge Longevity
  • Reliability
  • Printing Speed
morganclarej

morganclarejGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

TERRIBLE, zero stars

TERRIBLE, zero stars. It never connects, prints blank pages, wont connect via cable, still can't workout how to disconnect it from WIFI to use a cable. Glitchy, dated, TERRIBLE. Go Epson instead!

Purchased in January 2019.

Can’t ever connect

I’ve only gotten it to work once. Printed a bunch of documents to make binders for my employees. After that the printer was always offline. Hard reset on both printer and computer and no luck. Reconnect to my phone and wife’s phone. Wont connect to our work computers. Wont discover on work computers. Reinstalled drivers. No luck. The amount I spent on this garbage, paper, and replacement ink for future use was 4x more than just having a print service make my initial project. I can’t even scan anything with it because it wont connect.

When it did work, print was alright. Took forever to print each page, especially double sided pages.

Would love to return for a brother.

Purchased in November 2020.

Rob

RobMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

WORST PRINTER EVER !!

We set it up ,print ,turn it all off only to lose all the settings and then we have to completely re install the whole thing AGAIN, WIFI is not the problem as it works when set up but the useless printer is at fault .Dont waste your money ,going to take it back to big W tomorrow

Ali

AliHunter Region, NSW

Piece of rubbish

Always has an issue and it’s never a quick simple print job. The flashing light errors are ridiculous! You have to count the flashing lights to determine the error. So difficult to rectify .
No satisfaction at all only mountains of frustration.
No reliability : never works when really needed.

Purchased at Big W.

Not worth $1, never ever works, causes frustration, save yourself

This is such a worthless machine. Never remembers paper settings or devices, loses connectivity with Wi-Fi. I just threw the entire thing in the dumpster outside, and already I feel life is better, regardless of not completing my print request. Any other brand is better. Canon Airdrop printers simply are not worth the hassle.

Purchased in March 2020 at Amazon for $350.00.

Mare

MareHobart, TAS

Easy setup

I'm on my third canon mg3660, each time I've had to buy a new printer because I couldn't get rid of the error 5B02, I had cleaned the absorption pads but could not reset the ink counter, I tried all the hints online but to no avail, and I had to buy another printer the same as I had just purchased new ink cartridges which were dearer than the printer. Now having said that I've been very happy with the setting up and operations of the printer, in particular two sided printing.

Purchased in September 2020 at Big W for $59.00.

Worst printer I have ever used

Connection is horrible, its constantly going offline and I cant get it to connect after several attempts. This happens at least once a week, and no I am not having issues with my wifi ITS THE PRINTER!

Do not purchase.

Sadly so unreliable it's next to useless

Purchased in December 2018.

Mel E

Mel EPerth, WA

DIFFICULT

Print quality is okay. Connecting the printer is difficult. I guess you get what you pay for. The only good thing that I like is the scanner and the price.

Purchased in January 2020 at Big W for $35.10.

Find out how Canon Pixma MG3660 compares to other Printers

Prints look like complete garbage

First off the printer took a fairly long time to set up but that alone wouldn't make me hate it. Everything it prints comes out faded looking, the wrong colours and without any detail that is in the actual image. As printing coloured pictures is what I wanted the printer for, it is now useless to me and I will be trying to get a refund in the morning. I bought it without looking up any reviews before hand because I had a canon printer before until it mysteriously stopped working that printed things beautifully throat was sold for around the same price point. Paying almost $60 for this is ridiculous as I'm fairly certain I could get better print quality for about $30. Don't waste your money on this.

Purchased in July 2020 at Big W for $59.00.

David

David

Packaging made it look better than it was

Printer was bought thinking it would be a modern and fast printer however it took forever to print something complex. It was all WIFI or cloud based which i did not like

Bronwyn Evans

Bronwyn EvansGippsland, VIC

Good printer for price

Great print quality.. Good connectivity and replacement ink isn't too expensive.. but still think all ink replacement in printers us too expensive COMPARED to cost if printer.. but is ok

Purchased in November 2018 at Officeworks Physical store for $69.00.

@SHiK

@SHiKGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Happy!

I bought from JBHIFI on sale, its a great little product, easy to use, set up was bit tricky though and took some time, but happy to use the product

Purchased in April 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $40.00.

DO NOT BUY THIS ITEM!!!!

I can't count on my hands how many times it has given me a hard time printing stuff on my computer. it keeps saying there's an error although I just printed a document off of my phone, it won't print a document from my computer. It uses a lot of ink and it just keeps saying error. Ugh! it's so frustrating! I'd go back to Epson.

Purchased in January 2018.

gmoh369

gmoh369

Very good printer

I recommend this printer this the best printer I ever had it is effortable, cheap and also has a warranty for one year from Canon, modern but the best for printing photos

Purchased in January 2016 for $50.00.

Defrost Sam

Defrost SamSydney, NSW

Good printer though a little slow

Setup took a while though I'm a techie. So, kinda messy to follow the guide here and there. Wireless configuration takes a little time but no errors. Connects and prints from smartphone and laptop. Color print quality is satisfactory. I don't know if other people had a faulty piece or something but mine works at the top.

Purchased in May 2020 at Kmart for $60.00.

The worst piece of technology I have ever used

I cannot even count on my hands anymore the amount of times that I have spent over an hour trying to connect this steaming pile of horse crap (some people might call it a 'printer') to the WiFi network. I could drive the the local library and print off my documents three times over in the time it takes me to make my laptop recognise that the printer is connected, this is using all of the canon-provided manuals and tutorials available on the web. Waste of time. Waste of money. Waste of several hours of my life that I wish I could have refunded back by the scam artists otherwise known as Canon.

Purchased in January 2020.

Surfie John

Surfie JohnGippsland, VIC

Not physically possible to connect to my PC

I have a Canon Pixma 3000 series printer purchased from Aldi. I don't have a a LAN, as all my internet is run as hotspot from my phone. With this set up it is physically impossible to connect me PC to the printer. (And, yes, I have followed every instruction video I can find).

Purchased in November 2019 at ALDI for $60.00.

LozOSydney, NSW

Great

Printer is easy to set up, prints well from all devices. laptop, iPad & phone.
Uses a fair bit of ink. Bought as wireless and it Goulis the bill no complaints. Would recommend.

Purchased in March 2020 at Big W for $49.00.

Avoid This Printer - Absolute Rubbish

The printer was bought to replace a previous Canon Printer which was also a scanner-printer.
I tried to print 5 copies of a 3 page document - failed, dropping out text on about the 4th copy. The printer does not recognise the fact it is connected to the computer, requiring a manual push of the power button. When saving scans, it does not save where it says it will, until you click the file location and change it to somewhere, or even back to where it thought you wanted it...if something looks to good to be true......This is it!

Purchased in November 2019 for $60.00.