Canon Pixma TS5160

Canon Pixma TS5160

MPN: TS5160BK
See the Best Printers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Canon

1.9
  • Ink Cartridge Longevity
  • Reliability
  • Printing Speed

Disappointed in engineering and reliability.

Terrible printer. most unreliable printer I have owned. Fault5100 constantly. Bought HP mid 90s which was poor and switched to canon, great printers, lasted years. I would think this is my 4th canon printer, absolute rubbish.

Purchased in March 2020 at Big W for $50.

Traf
TrafAU

Good printers should reliably work: this one doesnt

Dissatisfied with this printer with minimal use. Worst Canon injet experienced I think this is number 4. Canon print App problematic and connections with phone problematic. Wont buy a Canon again. Very disappointed.

Purchased in December 2019.

purplebevie
purplebevieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Flimsy and not worth the money

Purchased in August 2021 at Big W Online Store for $79.

VanderhopeLismore

Deranged - don't waste your money no matter how inexpensive it is.

This printer constantly presents with error codes, won't print from the loaded tray, and essentially comes up with every excuse why it shouldn't print!
The paper auto select doesn't work and it won't even print direct from the internet - you have to save it to your computer.
It also chews through the ink cartridges which are more expensive than the printer.
The worst printer I have ever had and may as well be chewed up in a recycling machine.
The printer is only 2 months old and has been a total waste of money.

Purchased in June 2021 for $60.

GREAT LITTLE PRINTER!

Had this printer for a year now and its never missed a beat! Its a printer thats cheaper than the ink god knows what some people expect. Maybe the problem with this printer is the operators writing these crap reviews

Purchased in March 2020 at Harvey Norman for $80.

Julie A.
Julie A.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Rubbish...DONT BUY

Loading paper is rubbish. Tells you the size of paper in the cartidge is incorrect but it isn't. Terribly slow. Mine is 3 months old. Told it was a great printer from the fellow at Good Guys. What a joke. Waste of money. It's going in the bin

Purchased in February 2021 at The Good Guys for $70.

arabinda
arabindaAU

CANON PRIXMA TS5160 PRINTER SET-UP

Purchased in March 2021.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.
Clara V.7 Dec 2021
Maz
MazSydney, NSW

Battled with this Lemon for a year. Print is good but slow, clunky and unreliable.

I bought this computer at the beginning of covid and there were few available so I settled for this one. Hopeless from the beginning. Hard to set up and whilst the printing is fine, it is clunky and unreliable. Easy clear face but can't load much paper. I am forever getting errors but can find nothing wrong. Then it works itself quite nicely. So frustrating and time wasting. The ink goes in a flash. I have battled with this printer for a year now and I can't wait to replace it. That's very soon. Had a previous Printer by Canon which was ok but - never again. A poor model. Choose something else.

Purchased in March 2020 for $99.

chooky1975
chooky1975Adelaide, South Australia

Least functional printer I've ever purchased

Very slow to start up and connect to the PC, and often gives errors regarding paper size or tray, when there is no error. Is quite often "offline" but the troubleshooting suggests it is online. And I have no idea how to connect the scanner. Very disappointed and frustrated.

Purchased in August 2020 at Harvey Norman for $99.

Find out how Canon Pixma TS5160 compares to other Printers

AVOID LIKE PLAGUE?? Unfortunately i have to rate a single Positive star as there is no option for negatives

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Duncanp
DuncanpSydney, NSW

Constant issues with paper feed ruin this printer

Whilst the print quality seems good, constant failure of the paper feed ruin this printer. It worked on and off for the last year or so (we aren't massive users though) with constant paper feed errors it finally just stopped feeding the paper at all with every single paper feed leading to a jam even if you loaded just a single sheet of paper. I suspect the constant removal of paper jams wasnt good for an already fragile paper feed system. In addition the scanner rarely worked but concede im using a MAC so maybe thats a compatability issue i cant wholly blame Canon. This printer has proven to be a complete waste of money.

Purchased in January 2020 at Officeworks Physical store.

GarfieldForPrimeMinister
GarfieldForPrimeMinisterGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

ABSOLUTE RUBBISH

this is the most laborious printer that myself and several others who have tried to help me agree.

It has been a nightmare from the start.
Cant even just plug in printer cable to laptop and do it that way as not complying.

Purchased in February 2020 at Australia Post Offices for $64.

Harris Studley
Harris StudleyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Promising at the start....

Purchased in February 2020.

Gracie
Gracie

Absolute junk

I've had this printer for three months and tonight it's stopped working
Jams for no reason and QR code tells me to take it fur a service
I don't have the receipt and can't be bothered fighting with Big W
DO NOT BUY THIS RUBBISH MACHINE

Purchased at Big W for $90.

RosieBella
RosieBellaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible, waste of money!

After 3 weeks of light use both ink cartridges ran out, I replaced both cartridges following CANON instructions and now the printer won't print despite realigning etc.

Waste of time and money.

Purchased in August 2020 at Big W Online Store for $65.

Marieasked

Is this printer compatible with Windows 11 OS ?

fino
fino

I was very disappointed with the printer. The error message continuously came up. I’d turn it off and try again many times till the printer would not have the error. I persisted till the supplied cartridge ran out. I then decided to buy another black cartridge, I think giving canon a chance as I’d had great service previously. And all I can say now is, it working fine, I believe it was the cartridge causing the problem. I still wish you good luck, it is a bottom end priced printer, but I do think canon make a good product “normally” for the price. I am using windows I was very disappointed with the printer. The error message continuously came up. I’d turn it off and try again many times till the printer would not have the error. I persisted till the supplied cartridge ran out. I then decided to buy another black cartridge, I think giving canon a chance as I’d had great service previously. And all I can say now is, it working fine, I believe it was the cartridge causing the problem. I still wish you good luck, it is a bottom end priced printer, but I do think canon make a good product “normally” for the price. I am using windows 11

Marie

Thanks for your experience of this printer. I'll take it on board to consider buying this model. Was your experience when setting up the printer for the first time?

Sueasked

I have a current model iMac (OS 11 BigSur and need only a scanner that would be compatible. Is this Scanner compatible?

Vanderhope

I also have a Mac Pro. but the Canon temperamental both in printer and scanner mode. Scanned documents also present like a dim, fussy photo - not a crisp, clear page.

Sue

Ican't seem to find anybody in ythe Scanner industry to advise which unit to try so i'm at a bit of a loss. The printer i have is working perfectly well and i have plenty of tone as well so i don't want to get a new printer. do you have an idea what scanner might work with the BigSur?

Jim B
Jim Basked

I keep getting error out of paper even though the tray has plenty of paper . Ho do I fix the error.

Get an answer from our members and Canon representatives

CategoryPrinters