Chasseur Cookware
See the Best Baking Dishes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Chasseur? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Hot Handles While Cooking Yes (1) · No (0)
  • Even Heat DistributionYes (1) · No (0)
Diana M.
Diana M.Gippsland, VIC

Love it

I love my dutch oven , start all my casseroles on the stove top, then straight in the oven for a slow cook. One pan wonder. I have never had any trouble with, washes up a treat, and if there happens to be dark stains I just use a little bleach, fill with water, let sit for 30min to an hour and all nice and white agian. Had mine for years, just bought another, different size. couldnt do with out mine.

Purchased in February 2001 at House for $259.00.

Renate Barnett
Renate BarnettSydney, NSW

Do not buy this grill plate ....

.... unless you are not fazed by grunge. It is impossible to clean this plate! The grime must be a health issue. It a very finicky item with very particular use and care instructions. AND it is not non-stick, so you lose your grill lines on the grill plate. I am not recommending this grill plate to anyone who likes to have clean and hygienic cookware. For such an expensive item, I expected better than this.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Mandy
Mandy

Genuine Guarantee

We had our well loved Chasseur for many years. Some time ago the cooking surface 'popped' in a few places. We contacted Sheldon & Hammond who replaced it for us, amazing service.

Date PurchasedSept 2018

Laura
Laura

Not a fan

I’ve had this for about 2 years and it’s not an easy one to use. And it is sooo expensive. I think there is much better pans around for the price.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Poor quality

Have purchased Chasseur 28cm Sauté pan with lid. First time it came with cracked glass lid,second time the replacement item had a chipped glass. Such disappointment and waste of money and time

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Nancy
Nancy

WARNING: A 'Lifetime Limited Warranty' lasts ten years.

My La Chausser ruby red casserole cooking pot, my pride and joy, was given to me by my mother in 2005. I have treated it with loving care every time it was used. Careful handwashing, no harsh cleaning products, wooden cooking utensils only. Yet, last year, a chip emerged at the bottom. I had always thought (as had my mother) that La Chausser had a lifetime warranty for the lifetime of the original owner (the website also says this). But, when I rang up today to enquire about my 'lifetime limited warranty' I was advised that lifetime actually means 10 years. The word 'Limited' in the warranty essentially makes the warranty worthless. The casserole is a considerable investment piece but the warranty does not cover this. Be warned.

Date PurchasedOct 2005
Archie
ArchieBrisbane

Pretty color

Bought the item for my partner and it has a really nice color rang to choose from. It is quit heavy and it has the non stick cooking surface which helps cooking a lot easier.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
AppleUser
AppleUserAlbury

Good Quality French or China

I owned the french owned version and i thought id try the chinese version. Look unless you really try and pick it, it cooks the same and you get the same results. Worth a purchase for the price, hopefully it holds up over time!

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Sharmin
SharminFrance

Not so good!

This product is not so good as people say it is. It gets sticky occasionally, heavy to lift while cooking (which is very disappointing). Product is very hard to clean as it gets sticky and the residue won't come off.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Disappointing

Only 2 years old used occasionally. Enamel chips all through the bottom of the pot. Rendered useless!!!!! Very disappointing for a product that should be long lasting not to mention very heavy to handle.

Date PurchasedMar 2015
Emba218
Emba218Sydney

Reached end of life

I have loved my chasseur casserole pot for 12-15 years, it heats evenly and has just been an awesome all rounder. Until last night when the enamel started flying off when it got hot. Burning hot chips of enamel were flying in my face and around the kitchen. So dangerous and so disappointing. I'm thinking I may need to replace it with a cast iron casserole without the enamel lining.

Date PurchasedApr 2002

A real work horse

I bought my French oven as a poor uni student and was worried about putting so much money into a pot. I had no reason to fear! 12 years of constant use and it's still going strong. I've even used scotch pads (although rarely needed) and the dreaded dishwasher and there is still no damage to the enamel. I would recommend to anybody.

Date PurchasedJune 2004

Initially excellent but has reached the end of its life.

We have had our Chasseur (original made in France) for 10-12 years. The lid came off whilst lifting it (quite dangerous) about a year ago and a few nights ago the enamel on the bottom surface came off in chunks. So will no longer be using it. We are now looking at replacing it with a Le Creuset. Have always used it on the gas top or in the electric oven.

Dont waste your money

the biggest waste of money, cracked right through the centre within a week, 2nd one lasted maybe a year. Give me a corning ware roasting dish over this rubbish anytime.

Other Baking Dishes

Affordable cast iron oven that isn't made in China

I have been using my Chasseur French Oven for about a year now and very happy with it. Comparing it to my friends Le Creuset however it doesn't have the same quality finish of enamel and it is significantly heavier, however bang for buck it definitely is the most affordable French made ovens of the lot.

I purchased mine from everten.com.au . If you are unsure they have a great article on their blog that explains the 3 French brands that will help you make a decision

Read more reviews - page 2