Chasseur Cookware

Classique, Escoffier, Stainless Steel Maison (See All)
See the Best Baking Dishes in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Chasseur? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Hot Handles While Cooking Yes (5) · No (1)
  • Even Heat DistributionYes (5) · No (0)
  • Non-Stick Longevity
  • Non-Stick Quality
hermina
herminaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Lasts for 10 years then toss

We have cooked out of 5 chasseurs for 10 years on almost a daily basis and that’s how long they last. The chipping on the rims is not a problem, but they all chip on the inside sides and bottom. Ours did all in about one month of each other. Goodbye to 5 chasseurs. Once it happens the pots need replacing as alternatively, you will eat enamel chips…. Some people still try to sell them second hand I noticed which in my book is very unethical…and dangerous. Average price per pot was around 250.00 (from 20 cm to 32 cm)

Purchased in .

Alex
AlexMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Do not buy!! Ignore all other reviews!

Do not purchase. Everything sticks to it and impossible to clean! Enamel so easily comes off when trying to clean with non abrasive sponge!
Strongly recommend do not buy! So overpriced!

Alex
AlexGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good cooking but poor quality

Usually expensive but available for well under half price. Heavy so distributes heat well for slow cooking. Surface degrades over time and formed a bubble under the enamel, bubble broke and the pot is no longer usuable. Contacted Chasseur with no response for four weeks, followed up and received a response from Sheldon & Hammond who rejected warranty on the basis the pot was used on high heat, which it wasn't. Pot was good while it lasted but unfortunately quality is below average and after sales support is disappointing.

Purchased in at Peter's of Kensington.

Absolute rubbish! Don't buy one.

The pan stained after just one use and now I can't clean it. I tried to get a refund and was told that the heat must have too high. I'm sorry, no refund. Who would of thought that this alleged fry pan can't handle high heat. Should be rebranded as a delicate simmer pan not fry pan.

• Incentivised Review No

Diane
DianeMelbourne

Love the Pot, Love the Colour!

This is not a cheap addition to my kitchen pots but I loved the colour and have always wanted one. Bought it for myself as a christmas gift. I have loved using this Casserole Pot. Have had no problems cleaning it, I always clean it by hand and never in the dishwasher. It is heavy and I don't mind the weight of it. The only thing reason I gave it only 4 stars was because the handles do get hot (I feel I should have expected that as they are cast iron and metal) and the lid handle has come loose several times. Easy to tighten but am surprised that it happens.

Purchased in .

Dani
Dani

Quality

Got this on sale for less that half the RRP.

Sturdy and distributes heat evenly. Have only used it once for lamb shanks and was a success. WIll try it think weekend for a curry

Purchased in at Victoria's Basement Online store for $229.

Diana M.
Diana M.Gippsland, VIC

Love it

I love my dutch oven , start all my casseroles on the stove top, then straight in the oven for a slow cook. One pan wonder. I have never had any trouble with, washes up a treat, and if there happens to be dark stains I just use a little bleach, fill with water, let sit for 30min to an hour and all nice and white agian. Had mine for years, just bought another, different size. couldnt do with out mine.

Purchased in at House for $259.

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
Renate Barnett
Renate BarnettSydney, NSW

Do not buy this grill plate ....

.... unless you are not fazed by grunge. It is impossible to clean this plate! The grime must be a health issue. It a very finicky item with very particular use and care instructions. AND it is not non-stick, so you lose your grill lines on the grill plate. I am not recommending this grill plate to anyone who likes to have clean and hygienic cookware. For such an expensive item, I expected better than this.

Mandy
Mandy

Genuine Guarantee

We had our well loved Chasseur for many years. Some time ago the cooking surface 'popped' in a few places. We contacted Sheldon & Hammond who replaced it for us, amazing service.

Laura
Laura

Not a fan

I’ve had this for about 2 years and it’s not an easy one to use. And it is sooo expensive. I think there is much better pans around for the price.

Asel
Asel

Poor quality

Have purchased Chasseur 28cm Sauté pan with lid. First time it came with cracked glass lid,second time the replacement item had a chipped glass. Such disappointment and waste of money and time

Nancy
Nancy

WARNING: A 'Lifetime Limited Warranty' lasts ten years.

My La Chausser ruby red casserole cooking pot, my pride and joy, was given to me by my mother in 2005. I have treated it with loving care every time it was used. Careful handwashing, no harsh cleaning products, wooden cooking utensils only. Yet, last year, a chip emerged at the bottom. I had always thought (as had my mother) that La Chausser had a lifetime warranty for the lifetime of the original owner (the website also says this). But, when I rang up today to enquire about my 'lifetime limited warranty' I was advised that lifetime actually means 10 years. The word 'Limited' in the warranty essentially makes the warranty worthless. The casserole is a considerable investment piece but the warranty does not cover this. Be warned.

Archie
ArchieBrisbane

Pretty color

Bought the item for my partner and it has a really nice color rang to choose from. It is quit heavy and it has the non stick cooking surface which helps cooking a lot easier.

AppleUser
AppleUserAlbury

Good Quality French or China

I owned the french owned version and i thought id try the chinese version. Look unless you really try and pick it, it cooks the same and you get the same results. Worth a purchase for the price, hopefully it holds up over time!

Sharmin
SharminFrance

Not so good!

This product is not so good as people say it is. It gets sticky occasionally, heavy to lift while cooking (which is very disappointing). Product is very hard to clean as it gets sticky and the residue won't come off.