China Southern Airlines

China Southern Airlines

4.7 from 4,335 reviews

See the Best International Airlines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

perfect experience

Book online and fly from Melbourne to Guangzhou! The cabin environment is clean and sanitary. The high-quality service and friendly service attitude of the stewardesses make me feel very comfortable! The plane was bumpy and I felt airsick and sick. I am helpless, but the staff care about me and give me warm water, making me feel as warm as my family! The staff also gave great help to the mother who was alone with the child, helping her to coax the child. This is my first time on this airline! Diet advice. Chicken and rice are a little salty. In short, it was a very satisfactory flight.

DestinationGuangzhou, 广东省中国

Wonderfull cabin crew

Booked the ticket through travel agent. And fly on CZ663 from Guangzhou to Adelaide on 11/09/2019.
It tools about 8.5H for the flight and the cabin crew provided remarkably in flight service.
I was impressed by one thing. There was a aged lady around 80 traveled by herself in seat 1G which next to me 1H. The flight attendant Miss Huang showed how pleasant and helpful she was when looked after that aged lady. It was really impressing me.
She is not only showing how professional she is, but also makes good impression for China southern airline.

DestinationAdelaide 南澳大利亚州澳大利亚

Excellent every time

Flying with China Southern is always good. Have used them to Europe multiple times. Good food, excellent service. The website can be tricky, but helpful overall on the phone. Highly recommended airline.

DestinationAmsterdam, Netherlands
BookingThird Party

Warning : Total rip off!!

WARNING: Do not fly China Southern Airlines. What looks cheap is cheap. My flight home was cancelled. Stuck in Shanghai needing to be back at work. Refused a substitute flight. Ended up costing me over $800 AUD which was more than the $500 AUD original return ticket. I still have not received the refund for the original cancelled flight.

DestinationShanghai, China
BookingThird Party

Floppy system with food handling

I took flight from Brisbane to Qingdao CZ3715 and CZ 381 on 5th August. I ordered low calorie meal. It was rather odd I only had the special mean on the way back to Brisbane. On other journeys asked flight attendants some responded “ sorry sir, you didn’t order it” or “ we don’t have curry”.

In-Flight Entertainment
DestinationQingdao International Airport (TAO), Minhang Road, Chengyang, Qingdao, Shandong, China

professional service

CZ0335 FLIGHT crew memebers on 29th August from Guangdong to AUCKLAND, are very professional and patient to all the client in that flight as i experienced and witnessed, esp to people have special need. It was a noisy flight due to babies crying but crew handled it well. I will continue taking China southern airline.

DestinationAuckland, New Zealand

good morning

When I took flight cz335 on August 29th, I was most satisfied with the service attitude and care of the crew. Should give very good reward ability! China southern is great! The stewards are even better!

BookingThrough Airline

The crew member are perfect

I had took CZ 3295 from Nanning to Guangzhou, when I boarding, the crew pass me a water bottle and ask me if I would like to read the newspaper. During the flight because is empty, they change me to a comfortable seat and said that I can have a little nap. I enjoy the flight overall.

DestinationGuangzhou, Guangdong, China
BookingThrough Airline

Non-existent customer service and illogical policy

Booked business class return class tickets on their official website but didn't notice the tricks they have. So I ended up with outbound business class and inbound economy class whilst paying almost the full business return fare. They asked me to pay $450AUD penalty on top of the price difference to upgrade to business class for the inbound flight. I'm currently disputing this through NSW Fair Trading whilst I made complaint with ACCC.

Never Again!

I have just returned from my flight from Sydney-Rome via Guangzhou on China Southern (CS) with my family (2 adults and 2 kids). Firstly, it was not a very good start. I booked online and did not receive any email confirmation. I had to make numerous call but finally, got the written confirmation. Cabin crew on both leg of the journey were fantastic and food is better than most airlines, however, those are the only good thing. On our return, a flight attendant offered us a frequent flyer card but I rejected it as I will never fly China Southern for these reasons:
1. The entertainment system had to be rebooted a couple of times (on both legs of the journey)
2. CS cancelled the Guangzhou-Sydney flight without even any notice (no email, no call, no phone message). They insisted that notice was sent to our agent but hey, we booked directly from their website.
3. CS offered us a day use of hotel room and free hotel transfer. We waited 45 minutes to be carted into their staff van that did not even have seat belts. We ended up taking our own taxi
4. Upon arrival in Sydney, our new luggage was damaged. We lodged a complain at the airport upon arrival and D'Nata (the airport services company) asked me to take the luggage to Sydney Luggage Centre (the service provider for all the airlines). At the Sydney Luggage Centre, I am told that that they have terminated their contract with CS because of their bad track record of refusing to replace luggages. I was given a phone number to call but no one ever picks up.

I think I may just have to write off my new luggage the same way i write off China Southern!

DestinationItaly
BookingThrough Airline

Air service was good but poor customer service provided

I have booked my flight from Australia to Europe and i did it online through Chinasouthern website itself. while booking there was no information provided regarding additional flight or visa which you need to obtain while transiting. I have confirmed various time by email with chinasouthern customer service as there was no respond or direct number via phone, that I s there anything, I am supposed to take care of? they clearly said no but when I went to airport on the day of my flight, lady at counter told me that, I cannot fly because there will a domestic flight which i am suppose to take to get my connecting flight and for that I need transiting visa and it's all depends upon China Immigration that will they allow me to travel further or not, I mean how bad it was, it was not my fault that you guys didn't provide complete info while booking, later on they got agreed to give me boarding pass on the basis of signed letter that, i will not file any complaint against them on later stage and it all depends upon china authority.
This is the worst thing you can possibly come to know before you take flight that you don't know whether you will fly further from there or not? why this info was not provided clearly on the website while booking or even when i did confirm it with them directly. it should be written bold and clear so that customer will safe themselves from this kind of shock, Please China southern don't do it in future and clearly state every possible info regarding the flight. Please be transparent about your policy for getting Visa also as it was a nightmare for me to make them understand what Schengen Visa is as English is not their main language which I do understand but when you dealing it globally make it on the list of necessity. My flight was supposed to be easy but this little info provided by customer service representative or by website itself made it bad however I did made it to the final destination and rest of the flight was absolutely value for money and good service was provided by the cabin crew.

Very Professional cabin services CZ3071/2AUG19

Very Professional cabin services by the chief persa Mr Wang and his team on my flight CZ3071/2AUG return from Shenzhen to Sydney Ms Sun has provided excellent meal service and food was fantastic.

BookingThrough Airline

China southern airlines is the best choice for trip.

Booking process was successful. I finished the trip from SYD to CAN(CZ302) in the 21st of July. It took me about 10 hours but I felt really comfortable during the trip. I truly satisfied with the service ,food,etc offered during the trip. Though I am not a frequent flyer but China Southern Airlines is always my first option.

I like the services they give on the fly. From Guangzhou to Brisbane

The booking process is very simple, from Guangzhou to Brisbane, 9 hours flight, Min Wang is the leader of this flight, the reply on the plane is very fast and people are nice, they would like to chat with u for a lone time with patience if u couldn't sleep. Yes I'm a frequent flyer, twice a year for fly with this airline.

DestinationBrisbane 昆士兰州 Australia

Great cabin services!

The flight was CZ301 on 17 July from Guangzhou to Sydney. An enjoyable flight with great food and wide range selection of movies. Great quality of cabin services and clean restrooms. Wish they could keep the standard every time I fly with them.

DestinationSydney NSW, Australia

Nice crew member Nice service

It was excellent experience flying from Guangzhou to Perth. Flight attendant was always smiling brightly n service customer in proper ways. The food was decent n healthy. I'm Excepting to choose southern airlines next time.

DestinationPerth WA, Australia

I had a great time!

I had a great time during this ten-hour flight from Guangzhou to Perth. The service was great. The cabin crew was polite and friendly. They can speak English very well. The food I had during the flight was beef with rice and chicken with potatos. They don't taste really good but acceptable. I fly with this airline every 6 months because I have friends in China. It never let me down and it's by far the best China airlines i've ever seen.
edit:it's eight hours sorry

DestinationPerth 西澳大利亚州澳大利亚

Friendly Crew Members and Excellent service

The flight was CZ301 on the 17th of July, flying from Guangzhou to Sydney. As a frequent flyer with China Southern, I was once again impressed with the excellent service from all crew members who made my flight experience enojoyable. As the flight was a morning and packed flight, the toilets were kept clean after every use. Also, the crew members attended all customer's needs attentively and immediately with a smile on their face.

Excellent service

On the 1st of July took the CZ326 flight from Sydney to Guangzhou. Despite the flight being fully booked, the crew members maintained the quality of the cabin very well especially the toilets which was particular clean. Also, the crew members were very friendly and always had a smile on their face during service, therefore making my flight more enjoyable and left me with a good experience.

Excellent service from the crew members

The flight was CZ331 on 19th of July from Guangzhou to Frankfurt. The crew members kept the quality of cabin service good and enjoyable throughout the whole 15 hours of flight, who always asked if I needed help for placing the baggage or turning down the wind from air conditioner.

DestinationFrankfurt am Main, 德国