China Southern Airlines

• Wi-Fi

Ricky D

Ricky DSydney, NSW

Zero customer service

Have a flight booked with China Southern next week. The route has not flown now for 2 months due to the corona virus; however, they refuse to cancel the ticket without a huge surcharge and have recently become uncontactable. They also ignore emails. Not good enough and should be banned from flying into Australia.

I was finally contacted by the airline, told I’d received a full refund and to contact my agent to receive it. Wish me luck with that.

Also, I recommend that anyone considering using this airline read the 5 start reviews properly. They are all written in the same style and are all new reviewers who have never reviewed anything else. Point made.

len attard

len attardLeura

They are impossible to contact

I have a flight book on this airline to travel from Ho Chi Minh City to Guangzhou on the 5th March 2020, on flight Number CZ8194. I would never use this airline again. I have tried all the numbers in Australia and overseas, including their so-called overseas hotline, in order to obtain a refund for my ticket because I cancelled my trip because of the coronavirus. They are impossible to contact; I have waste hours doing so. They do not even reply to emails. So do not waste your time and money.

DepartureHo Chi Minh City, Vietnam
DestinationGuangzhou, Guangdong, China

great airline

I flied between Frankfurt and Darmstadt, 10-11 h, once per year. The flight was very comfort. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The food and the multimedia are fine.

DepartureFrankfurt, Germany
DestinationChangsha, Hunan, China

Find out how China Southern Airlines compares to other International Airlines

Kind and patient service even in this special novel coronavirus outbreak period

I am living in Germany and very often fly from Changsha to Frankfurt with China Southern which is a direct flight. This is definitely a good choice and service is always very good. Cabin service has been reduced in my recent return flight to Germany, but I am still touched by the patient and kind explanation that flight attendant has provided. I am grateful that they still fly in spite of the risk they are facing.

DepartureChangsha, Hunan, China
DestinationFrankfurt, Germany
The happy couple

The happy coupleIllawarra, NSW

Satisfaction guaranteed

My wife and I have travelled often to Europe over the past 30 years, by a wide number of widely "recognised" carriers - invariably in economy as fares are excessive. For our 50th wedding anniversary, and coincidentally my 180 birthday, it was decided that we would up our game to business class. The most affordable airline was China Southern, as yet untied by us.
We were very impressed with the cost, the staff, club lounges, and time keeping. Our experience was nothing short of excellent. To the team of CZ304 and 325 on 28 Jan 2020, our congratulations. To the management team, they are all doing a fine job at the coal face. WE will definitely fly China Southern when next we travel overseas.
Regards
Ben & Mairead Vernon-Rogers
Gerringong NSW

DepartureSydney NSW, Australia
Dan

DanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst airline and customer service ever

DestinationLondon, UK
SoNam D.

SoNam D.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst customer service

It is one of the worst experience ever. Very rude staff. The customer service is worst. I would never take this airlines.i would rate 0 star if there was one.

DestinationNepal

Excellent Services, Awesome Staff

This is really a long overdue review. Last year in May, I went to Beijing to visit my mother. The connection flight from Beijing to Guangzhou was delayed which has caused me missed my flight from Guangzhou back to Melbourne.

The team leader (Ms Wang Dan) on the Beijing to GuangZhou flight was so wonderful. She made sure that everything worked well for me and ensure that I stayed at the nearby hotel for my early morning connection flight. Wonderful lady, thank you so much Ms Wang.

Wi-Fi
DestinationBeijing, China
Wayne P

Wayne P

Nothing special unfortunately

I was expecting a much better experience. The flight was delayed which is never a good start and when I got on the plane there was a horrible smell. The cost was cheap but I expected a more comfy seat for what I paid.

Lulu yuan

Lulu yuanSydney, NSW

Excellent service

Flying from Guangzhou to Sydney traveling with my husband and son in business class, service was excellent, especially the crew was serving us was very patient and kind, she noticed that I am pregnant, so she kindly provide some warm water and hot milk for me which is very impress me, food was good, my husband really enjoyed it. I am traveling with China southern airline very often, I am strongly recommend this airline to everyone.

DepartureGuangzhou, Guangdong, China
DestinationSydney NSW, Australia

Spreading of germs

On Business Lounge. There should be notices at the Water Fountain that customers should use a cup to transfer water to their bottles to safeguard touching the tip of the water machine, instead of placing the bottle to outlets.

DepartureGuangzhou, Guangdong, China

KaranGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not bad for the airfare i paid

Flew from Melbourne to europe with china southern in june 2019 and to my surprise csa was not bad at all. Service was good overall. The only problem was some of their staff cudnt understand english properly. Other than that we had no issues at all. Food was ok. Coffee was good. Over all not a bad airline.

DestinationParis, France
MS So

MS SoSydney, NSW

Nightmare from China Southern Airline Wheelchair Service

DepartureSydney NSW, Australia
DestinationGuangzhou Baiyun International Airport (CAN), Baiyun, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China

Recommended! Perfect service.

I flied CZ308 on 10th Oct. 2019 Thanks to very helpful staff, their name is Zhu Chen and Deng Jie. Their spoken English is probably the best I have ever heard. Very patient and helpful. It is my first time to sit in economy class, No big.differences between business class. Top level service. First time to take China Southern to Guangzhou, truly beyond my expectation. Recommended!

This is a nice trip

I fly CZ617from Guangzhou to Christchurch on 4/10/2019.it's my second time to take China Southern airlines business class.The staff in this company are very enthusiastic. The flight attendant would help me stow my luggage and take photos. The food was delicious.

DestinationChristchurch, 新西兰

Perfect flight

In the business class of South China Airlines, I fly to Brisbane from China to see my son. The nine-hour trip was a pleasure. Food is good, service is best。

DestinationBrisbane QLD, Australia
wuxiuyu

wuxiuyuHobart, TAS

perfect experience

Book online and fly from Melbourne to Guangzhou! The cabin environment is clean and sanitary. The high-quality service and friendly service attitude of the stewardesses make me feel very comfortable! The plane was bumpy and I felt airsick and sick. I am helpless, but the staff care about me and give me warm water, making me feel as warm as my family! The staff also gave great help to the mother who was alone with the child, helping her to coax the child. This is my first time on this airline! Diet advice. Chicken and rice are a little salty. In short, it was a very satisfactory flight.

DestinationGuangzhou, 广东省中国
Leo

LeoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Wonderfull cabin crew

Booked the ticket through travel agent. And fly on CZ663 from Guangzhou to Adelaide on 11/09/2019.
It tools about 8.5H for the flight and the cabin crew provided remarkably in flight service.
I was impressed by one thing. There was a aged lady around 80 traveled by herself in seat 1G which next to me 1H. The flight attendant Miss Huang showed how pleasant and helpful she was when looked after that aged lady. It was really impressing me.
She is not only showing how professional she is, but also makes good impression for China southern airline.

DestinationAdelaide 南澳大利亚州澳大利亚

Excellent every time

Flying with China Southern is always good. Have used them to Europe multiple times. Good food, excellent service. The website can be tricky, but helpful overall on the phone. Highly recommended airline.

DestinationAmsterdam, Netherlands
Booking Third Party

Warning : Total rip off!!

WARNING: Do not fly China Southern Airlines. What looks cheap is cheap. My flight home was cancelled. Stuck in Shanghai needing to be back at work. Refused a substitute flight. Ended up costing me over $800 AUD which was more than the $500 AUD original return ticket. I still have not received the refund for the original cancelled flight.

DestinationShanghai, China