China Southern Airlines

China Southern Airlines

4.7 from 4,283 reviews

Terrible followup after lost luggage

After losing my luggage, 6 weeks and half a dozen calls later still no contact despite a 'if not found after 21 days compensation will be provided' policy. Terrible after sales service

ClassEconomy

Terrible service with lost luggage

Lost luggage after flying China Southern - over 6 weeks, half a dozen calls later still no word on luggage whereabouts or compensation, despite a 'if cannot be found 21 days after compensation will be processed.' Terrible after sales service.

DestinationChina

A good experience with CSA

I used the app named XieCheng to purchase my ticket (from Guangzhou to Melbourne). The flight took about 10 hours and i felt comfortable throughout the flight. The food were delicious. i am very satisfied with the entertainment. The stewardess were nice and took good care of me. But the way, i am a frequent flyer and i fly with this airline six times a year.

DestinationMelbourne 維多利亞省澳大利亚

Pleasant Surprise

I recently flew with China Southern Airlines on flight CZ329 from Guangzhou to Vancouver on March 16, 2019, and was amazed the quality of my in-flight experience. I booked directly on their website as it was the cheapest with a great price-match policy. The cabin crew was awesome, and the beautiful and friendly flight attendants helped with my carryon bags without having to ask. There was ample leg room and seats were very comfortable. Nice ambient temperature and lighting. Bathrooms were extremely clean and well-stocked. Great selection on both meals, with a nice mixture of Asian and Western choices. I also enjoyed the wide selection of in-flight entertainment and watched 3 movies during the 11-hour flight. Smooth take off and landing. Received my checked bags very promptly.

In-Flight Entertainment
DestinationYVR - Vancouver Intl Airport (YVR), Grant McConachie Way, Richmond, BC, Canada

professional services

Very thanks for the booking process in China Southern Airlines. I have changed the destination and my schedule several times. But all of the hotline staff help me patiently and carefully. I flew from Guangzhou to Sydney on the 13th of March in 2019. The flight number is CZ325. I was satisfied by the airline stewardess professional services. Because they not only have a sweet smile but also professionally helped me to find out the trouble with the media and make it works. Then, they came to me and asked me about the feedback of the trouble. This is very good. Because it makes me feel I am an important customer. Very nice!

A good airline service

I used China Southern Airlines App to purchase my return flight tickets (from Sydney to Xining). It's real convenience App. I flight 10 hours to Guangzhou and transit to Xining. The economy seat is good and the space also is enough for my legs. The staff real take care of me because I'm really easy dizzy. However, I watched three new movies on the flight. This's great. I'm a frequent flyer for China Southern Airlines. Normally, I'll fly 3 months to 6 months once.

An excellent flight with China Southern

Flight CZ 617 from Guangzhou to Christchurch on the 01.03.19 was great.
After boarding into the cabin, the crews made a briefing introduction incl. personal greeting, flight info, personal service process, dinner and breakfast ordering.
The catering was delicious. Unlike other A/L, dinner and breakfast service were the same as the restaurant instead of all dishes serving in the same plate at the same time.
Before landing I had nose bleeding. After noting that, crews were very proactive and gave me several medical suggestion.
I would like to take this opportunity to give my gratitude to crews who flied wit me and helped me.

Amazing service

My business class flight from Melbourne to Guangzhou, Flight CZ644 on the 2/2/19 was definitely memorable.
After passing through Guangzhou Airport security, I realised I had left my phone on the airplane and was not able to return to the airplane and retrieve it.
My flight attended, namely Guo Wei was walking in front of me and my wife grabbed her attention and explained my problem.
The service Guo Wei provided from this point was beyond my expectations. Gou‘s attention to help retrieve my phone was excellent, providing a great deal of her personal time and expense in looking after me
My phone was returned promptly through lost property thanks to Gou’s help and I made my connecting flight with my phone in hand.

The service provided is a measure of a great Airline.
Excellent from start to finish

DestinationGuangzhou, Guangdong, China

a good airlines service

the booking process are easy and quickly,the flight from Guangzhou to Melbourne;
the in flight experience is good and comfortable;
in vacation take the flight and at the same time choose this flight company for other reason

DestinationMelbourne 維多利亞省澳大利亚
ClassPremium Economy
BookingThird Party

This is perfect! Looking forward to the next trip!

I fly to Melbourne from Guangzhou. The flight was nearly 9 hours and it was comfortable. The air crew are so patient and nice to satisfy our need. The food are delicious and delicate and we can choose various kinds of food as well as entertainment. Looking forward to the next trip.

DestinationMelbourne VIC, Australia
ClassFirst Class

What a nice flight!

What a nice flight! I booked the ticket from China Southern App. I took a flight (CZ663) from Guangzhou to Adelaide on 23rd February 2019. This flight was the best flight I had ever taken. I was more than satisfied with the service and meal. Meals was more than sufficient, individual screen with variety of entertainments to chose from. Not only did each cabin staff smile all the time, but they were very polite to all passengers. Additionally, they provided the best service to all passengers. Especially, they helped passengers solve different kinds of problems. For example, when a baby was crying all the time, the cabin staff took out the quilt and pillow to cover the baby. I really recommend this flight(CZ663)and this airline to everyone!!!

DestinationAdelaide 南澳大利亚州澳大利亚
BookingThrough Airline

This is perfect. We have a wonderful flight.

We booked the tickets from Xiecheng, it is very convenience. We flied from London to Wuhan by CZ674 on Feb. 4th 2019. Our flight was 11 hours. We thought the flight were very comfortable. We were satified with the service, food, enterainment options, and we would expressed our thanks for crews giving us help. I was
careless to let my phone drop into the floor down seat. The flight crews used all kinds of methods to help me take my phone from the seat. Many thanks for all of you.
I am a frequent flyer. I would like to choice CSA as my next flight.

BookingThird Party

CHINA SOUTHERN which is the perfect airline I have ever met

Taking this line (CZ301) for times since 2017, I have to say that all staffs are very friendly and glad to help others, it is my pleasure to take this line with all this friends

Best airline

Taking this airline four times every years since 2015. My favourite dish is the tasty Cantonese yumcha. Take-off and landing are preety smooth. All staffs are very polite and friendly.

To Melbourne with China Southern

Always pick China Southern fly back to Melbourne. They provide the best service and flight meal! The cabin crews are friendly and helpful! I certainly will pick them to fly with in the next trip!

DestinationMelbourne VIC, Australia

Great service!

I took a flight from Guangzhou to Sydney, the flight was 9hours long. The crew on the airplane was amazing, they were working the whole time. I was serving three meals during the trip, and I think the food is above the average, drinks were unstoppable, like every hour you be asked: would you like something to drink? And all these treatments or services just made the trip comfortable.

A satisfying flight

I took the flight(CZ601) from Guangzhou to Sydney on 17th February,which is the best flight that I had ever experienced.All staffs in this flight are friendly and polite.They do their best to take care of every passengers.Addiontilly,they are really helpful,for example,when I asked them some questions,they would share some suggestions,which is really grateful.

A perfect flight

All flight tenders are full of passion and patience. Every time the beautiful smile on their face makes me feel comfortable and pleasant. Also the flight tenders are energetic and active. They will try their best to solve the problems and provide convenience to the passengers. Especially, on my flight cz601 from Guangzhou to Sydney, they take care of all the passengers for more than 9 hours with the same attitude which is worth praising.

Best choice for flights from Sydney to China

1. Convenient booking via China Southern Airline App;
2. Punctual flight (CZ601 from Guangzhou - Sydney);
3. Seldomly felt any turbulence during the flight;
4. Economy seat space is okay for me (180cm tall);
5. Excellent cabin service team, food quality is also above the average level.

BookingThrough Airline

Worst Baggage Handling Service-No regard for Business Class Ticket!

China Southern Airlines broke my suitcase on a business class flight from San Francisco to New Delhi.
China Southern Airlines seems to have the worst baggage handling department - they keep asking for additional information, including my original receipt/invoice, which I fortunately was able to track down.

However, 4 months have passed, and in spite of 12 reminders, they haven't reimbursed me for my baggage!

BookingThird Party
I have escalated to Headquarters in China, and they have not been helpful either - "We've informed the concerned department of your query, and will not respond to this same query again!"