China Southern Airlines

China Southern Airlines

See the Best International Airlines in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for China Southern Airlines? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Seat Room
  • Food
  • In-Flight Service
  • In-Flight Entertainment
  • Wi-Fi

Peter V.
Peter V.Sydney, NSW

Good service and helpful friendly staff.

We always fly with China Southern Airlines, and due to the COVID restrictions my wife was unable to get her flight back to Sydney. We eventually were able to book a flight back to Sydney, and the staff were not only friendly but extremely helpful. The rebooking and guidance by the ground staff at Guangzhou airport was incredible. A big shout out to China Southern Airlines.... Thank you very much.

My elite status had been revoked

I was a silver member with china southern since the pandemic hit living in Australia has closed international borders they downgraded my elite membership to bronze from silver. Terrible service

Avatar J
Avatar JGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Simply pathetic customer service

lynSydney, NSW

Awful airlines not entitled any star

I booked two tickets via AuntyBetty website to fly out to Kunming from Sydney and stopover in Guanghzhou on 14/10/2020. Due to the Pandemic, Australian citizens are not allowed to leave the country. How on earth the travel agent insisted that I could loss half my ticket if I asked for refund? Even I wanted to change my departure date, China Southern Airlines not open booking for the date I wanted, i.e. late Oct 2021. Not happy. Written to China Southern Airlines, they sent back this issue to AuntyBetty Travel Agent. They obviously not prepare to refund the ticket.

Ayush B.
Ayush B.Narrabundah 2604, ACT

Refund ticket

I have purchased two tickets for my parents on 30 DEC 2019 . Ticket departure date was on 18th FEB 2020 from sydney to Kathmandu. Due to COVID 19 flights has been cancelled and i asked for my refund of that tickets but agent is not paying my amount. I have only received 500 AUD which is not even the price of 1 ticket. I have send an email to china southern to solve my problem and it has been 2 days i have not received an email from them. It has been more than 5 months i am asking for my refund but they do not care. I will never recommend this airlines for anyone. Big company but no ethics and policy.

Ricky D
Ricky DSydney, NSW

Zero customer service

Have a flight booked with China Southern next week. The route has not flown now for 2 months due to the corona virus; however, they refuse to cancel the ticket without a huge surcharge and have recently become uncontactable. They also ignore emails. Not good enough and should be banned from flying into Australia.

I was finally contacted by the airline, told I’d received a full refund and to contact my agent to receive it. Wish me luck with that.

Also, I recommend that anyone considering using this airline read the 5 start reviews properly. They are all written in the same style and are all new reviewers who have never reviewed anything else. Point made.

len attard
len attardLeura

They are impossible to contact

I have a flight book on this airline to travel from Ho Chi Minh City to Guangzhou on the 5th March 2020, on flight Number CZ8194. I would never use this airline again. I have tried all the numbers in Australia and overseas, including their so-called overseas hotline, in order to obtain a refund for my ticket because I cancelled my trip because of the coronavirus. They are impossible to contact; I have waste hours doing so. They do not even reply to emails. So do not waste your time and money.

great airline

I flied between Frankfurt and Darmstadt, 10-11 h, once per year. The flight was very comfort. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The food and the multimedia are fine.

Kind and patient service even in this special novel coronavirus outbreak period

I am living in Germany and very often fly from Changsha to Frankfurt with China Southern which is a direct flight. This is definitely a good choice and service is always very good. Cabin service has been reduced in my recent return flight to Germany, but I am still touched by the patient and kind explanation that flight attendant has provided. I am grateful that they still fly in spite of the risk they are facing.

The happy couple
The happy coupleIllawarra, NSW

Satisfaction guaranteed

My wife and I have travelled often to Europe over the past 30 years, by a wide number of widely "recognised" carriers - invariably in economy as fares are excessive. For our 50th wedding anniversary, and coincidentally my 180 birthday, it was decided that we would up our game to business class. The most affordable airline was China Southern, as yet untied by us.
We were very impressed with the cost, the staff, club lounges, and time keeping. Our experience was nothing short of excellent. To the team of CZ304 and 325 on 28 Jan 2020, our congratulations. To the management team, they are all doing a fine job at the coal face. WE will definitely fly China Southern when next we travel overseas.
Regards
Ben & Mairead Vernon-Rogers
Gerringong NSW

Seat Room
Dan
DanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst airline and customer service ever

SoNam D.
SoNam D.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst customer service

It is one of the worst experience ever. Very rude staff. The customer service is worst. I would never take this airlines.i would rate 0 star if there was one.

Excellent Services, Awesome Staff

This is really a long overdue review. Last year in May, I went to Beijing to visit my mother. The connection flight from Beijing to Guangzhou was delayed which has caused me missed my flight from Guangzhou back to Melbourne.

The team leader (Ms Wang Dan) on the Beijing to GuangZhou flight was so wonderful. She made sure that everything worked well for me and ensure that I stayed at the nearby hotel for my early morning connection flight. Wonderful lady, thank you so much Ms Wang.

Wayne P
Wayne P

Nothing special unfortunately

I was expecting a much better experience. The flight was delayed which is never a good start and when I got on the plane there was a horrible smell. The cost was cheap but I expected a more comfy seat for what I paid.

Lulu yuan
Lulu yuanSydney, NSW

Excellent service

Flying from Guangzhou to Sydney traveling with my husband and son in business class, service was excellent, especially the crew was serving us was very patient and kind, she noticed that I am pregnant, so she kindly provide some warm water and hot milk for me which is very impress me, food was good, my husband really enjoyed it. I am traveling with China southern airline very often, I am strongly recommend this airline to everyone.

Read more reviews - page 2