4,372 reviews

4.2
4.5
4.2
1.4
Brand Manager for China Southern Airlines? Claim your listing.

4,372 reviews
Jenny
JennySydney Surrounds, NSW

They lied about the free night hotel accommodation in China

They lied about giving a free night accommodation in Guangzhou. They say in the website that economy tickets get a free night accommodation if stopping for more than 8 hours intercontinental. They're denying me and my husband a hotel even though we have 18 stopover because they said my tickets were class "N". This is impossible for customers to know when purchasing tickets. I have no option of choosing one specific class cabin other than economy or business. This is just an scam. Very disappointed and will never fly them again. Avoid Show details
Stephen
Stephen

Shocking

Shocking flight got delayed 24 hours without reason, London to Auckland, zero customer service avoid at all cost. Show details
Marcus
Marcus

Corrupt boarder officials in Guangzhou airport

This is airline is simply delivering you to china to be scammed and robbed by airport officials
A family member was forced to have over $7,000 or be detained on a fake infringement when he and other Australian citizens applied to exist the airport during a recent 19 hour stop over, another couple where robbed of $3800 or be detained - after quoting a fictitious breach and officials demanded to see bank accounts and b ased on smout durling mad the fine 50% of their funds in their account a third with fear in his eyes was detained for posting China negative posts on Twitter z(X), his wife screaming for her husband - this is a HORROR AIRLINE
Russ B
Russ BSouth East Queensland, QLD8 posts
customer
customerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC4 posts

Poor customer service

My change of flight experience was horrible. They are hard to contact and provide only the Chinese landline, and online change of flight system only accept Chinese mobile number. After paying for change of flight, I was told 1 week before departure that my flight has been cancelled and provide no compensation. I am devastated! Very bad customer service, highly regretted with China Southern Airline. Show details
Mr D Lindo
Mr D LindoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC6 posts

Poor Customer Service for Upgrade

I recently purchased a flight to the UK from Australia, this is my second time flying with them in 5 weeks. Before purchasing ticket I checked with reservations that I can upgrade using my 47304 air miles, and I’m also an Elite silver Sky Pearl member, they said I could. So I purchased the ticket and called them to upgrade and was told that the business class seats are only for purchase not for upgrade. I was travelling due to the passing of my mother and they knew this but showed no compassion. So now I have 47000 miles and will have even more once I return from the UK, but cannot use them. Totally unacceptable. Show details
Igor
Igor2 posts

they damaged too much my luggage

China Southern Airlines destroyed my luggage, tore and bent the wheel, my suitcase was new and now it is trash.
I tried to contact them by email more than 10 times, I sent the photos and footage, and they are joking with my face saying that they didn't receive any photos by email, and I can prove that I sent them, I've already sent them more than 10 times and they don't solve my problem.

BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR luggage WHEN TRAVELING WITH CHINA SOUTHERN AIRLINES. Show details

• +5Thumbnail

Yang
  Fair Incentive Verified
Galaxy user
Galaxy user4 posts

No reponse, no care, no information after flight cancellation or delayed

Flight was cancelled after boarding on a plane, neither they care about accommodation nor food.
Neither they arranged new flight nor ther receive calls. Wont suggest this Airline at all . Show details

The Airline that doesn't care

Worst airline ever. Friend and I booked our tickets together but the airline wouldn't let us choose seats so we weren't even in the same section. How are you supposed to enjoy an overseas holiday when you can't even travel with your colleague? And when we asked the check in lady about the seating she was very dismissive and boardeline rude.
If that wasn't bad enough they lost BOTH my pieces of luggage and South China Airlines are not part of the world wide luggage retrieval system. Only got my cases eventually thanks to the great staff at Tullamarine airport.
Please don't EVER EVER EVER use this awful airline Show details
Rod R.Gippsland, VIC3 posts

Worst airline in the world

If that wasn't bad enough they lost BOTH my pieces of luggage
Please don't EVER EVER EVER use this awful airline Show details
Nitesh
NiteshSydney, NSW2 posts

pay little extra fly with other airlines !worst airline souther China

Hi southern China airlines ,
It’s really disappointing to see your services it has become so disgraceful and the whole journey going to Kathmandu to returning Sydney a pathetic and shameful and embarrassing journey .
You have the worst health quarantine scan thing in the airport where lots of people struggle as your free wifi sucks on airport and all the Chinese language written in the health quarantine(English)

Late arrival during the flight time and sort transition where the process is hectic and stressful.

I must say it’s the worst flight to use southern China and I strongly recommend don’t ever travel with this southern China airlines,unless you have absolutely no other option!!!!! Show details

Sajjad