Claratyne

Claratyne

See the Best Antihistamines in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Bayer? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Anna b
Anna bSydney, NSW

Talk about drowsy this knocked me out

I tried this for the first time 2 weeks ago when my child was in hospital . Lucky I took it in hospital it completely knocked me out I fell asleep so many times thankgod there was nurses there to watch my child .
I could not open my eyes it was sedating
Very misleading as it’s non drowsy ! It is drowsy they need to rethink taking non drowsy off ! And it didn’t work the full affects nose started leaking a few hours later . Waste of money

Purchased in November 2020 for $10.00.

Tanya C.
Tanya C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Made me sleepy, but does work

Works really well, had no symptoms of hay fever for about 10 hours but made me so so sleepy that no amount of coffee would work. I can't function with it and would rather have hay fever than how I was feeling.

Purchased in September 2019.

Other Antihistamines

Not Happy With This Product.

I brought Claratyne 75 tablets I’m not happy with this product my side affects are dry eyes,very dry mouth I’m finding that I started coughing because my mouth so dry near choking and find hard to breathe properly also I have pains in my stomach and my lower back as well and sometimes I also find it’s hard to open my eyes and they are very dry I will never buy this product ever again.

Purchased in December 2018.

Symptom ReliefFelt Worse
Symptoms RelievedSneezing
Cathallvan
CathallvanHoppers Crossing

Only reviewing the box

Vista
VistaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I live on this Claratyne during Aug - Oct period

I had very bad hay fever during Aug - Oct period. When GP saw my eye, he immediately referred me to ED. Doctor suggested me to try Claratyne and it worked for me. One tablet in the morning can last until afternoon.

Worked for my hay fever but made me sooo sleepy

This product cleared up my sneezing, runny nose and watery itchy eyes . I took it at 6pm worked in a hour but by 9:30 i was very tired. I woke up this morning and i am like a zombie so incredibly tired and grumpy. It says NON-DROWSY"?

jeremy.ieraci
jeremy.ieraciDarwin, NT

works, but definitely not 24hr

I've been taking this product for a garden rash on my hands/fingers that's so incredibly itchy I can't sleep, hence the 3am review to try take my mind off the itch.. Claratyne does provide a little relief sometimes (I took a tab at 9pm last nite and was able to sleep until now before the itch woke me again) have taken another 20 minutes ago and 'think' it's reliving it a tadd again. Maybe by around 25% or so anyway. It's never provided me with anywhere near 100% relief but sometimes just gets me by (have used these for other rashes in the past) I think Fexo is regarded as the best

not working at all

I bought a 75 tablets at chemist warehouse coz it is a good deal but does not work at all. Still sneezing a lots , runny n itchy nose and all hayfever systoms. Regret it.

bmorey
bmoreyVic, 3140

Does nothing for me

Ineffective -- doesn't relieve my symptoms to any extent. Does nothing for my wife either. My wife has reverted to Telfast while I'm using Zyrtec. On top of that Claratyne is expensive although it can be had cheaper from Chemists' Warehouse. Might OK if you only have occasional mild symptoms. I really can't recommend this product.

Expensive, ineffective

Really Good!

It was really good! It worked well and combated all runny noses and sore eyes, I was actually able to breath amazingly! Really good I rated it 4 because It was Expensive. It didnt have any side effects, not once did I feel sick or drowsy after eating/consuming these. Really Recommend
Fast acting , Easy to chew, Tastes Good and It combats everything ! Really liked it!
It was Expensive

Good

Generally a good adult product but product makers need to be more mindful of children who may need purer versions.
This is great for me as an adult and controls my hayfever well. It is expensive but all brands are. I've tried some others but they don't work so well.
Don't buy the children's version if your child reacts to food additives. For some reason it contains sodium benzoate / preservative 211 which sends my son off his tree. I have no idea why this needs to be in a medicine. It is unfair and unnecessary.

Kanchi
KanchiMELBOURNE

I used the Children's Claratyne for my 3 years old daughter and It didn't work at all

My Daughter is 3 years old. She had few mosquito bites on her hands and it was very ichy. So We went to Pharmacy who recomended this medicine. This medicine didn't help at all. It might be co-incident that she then had a fever for next three days.

Actually washing with Detol water helped her to cool the ichy.

Didn't work for my 3 years old child

ReviewPrincess
ReviewPrincessNSW, 2340

stefaneigh
stefaneigh

Good

These are probably my favourite hayfever tablets though i go through stages where these seem to work really well and times when they don't. I think sometimes you need to change brands and not stick to one product all the time as you build up a sort of immunity to it. I don't like the price but am willing to pay it if a positive outcome is achieved.
These are super small tablets so they are very easy to swallow and they only need to be taken once a day.
They are quite expensive, buying a 50 pack make them slightly more affordable but this normally still costs a fair bit.

Josie_9
Josie_9New South Wales

Good

Get the generic drug and it should work just as well. The generic name is Loratadine Tablets (10 mg). They are more affordable especially if you need to take one daily for 5 months like me!
I recommend getting small amounts first to check that it works and then bulk buy. You can also save by ordering online in bulk. I didn't know this until recently so I haven't tried buying online yet but noticed that prices were about $6 less.
It used to work very well for me. It still works, but not as well. Film coated so it's pleasant to take. Most chemists stock it.
Effectiveness declined after long-term use. Relatively expensive. It can cause nose bleeds.