Classica Cast Iron

Classica Cast Iron

See the Best Cookware & Fryware in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

loula

loulamorphett vale

Cast iron classica

Used it once notice a fault in the grove it has chipped took it back to store they would only give me $25 paid $130. The warranty is a joke it does not even tell you who to contact I was given to me as a present.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Kathyjo

KathyjoPerth

Can’t honour their 25 year warranty against defects

I bought the Elite reversible grill from The Home. I used it on the grill side once, and the second time used it on the flat side. The flat side was bowed in the middle and any oil on it drained to the two ends
I had this product for less than two months and after emailing The Home, they informed me that the manufacturer would not refund me. This product was obviously faulty ( I sent photos to prove it). So much for a 25 Year guarantee!!
The best I could get was a store credit from The Home. They’re still selling this substandard product.
Not Happy!

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Tori S

Tori S

Great essential for everyday use, and especially when purchased on sale!

This is a great example of cast iron cookware, and I bought the casserole dish on sale. It's used regularly in my home. The cast iron is of good quality and the only difference with it's French competitor is brand name. I have used both and found no discernible difference. It's great to start a dish on the stove and then pop it in the oven to slow cook; either is fine. The only (inherent) downsize is the weight, but that means it's of good quality and necessary in this sort of kitchenware. I really can't fault it, except to maybe suggest some more neutral colours; but that really is splitting hairs.

Date PurchasedApr 2013

Great product. would recommend it

I bought a large soup pot in burnt orange. Colour is gorgeous. I have this product for a few years now. It's basically indestructible and will last for years (with gentle care) used it in Oven too.
Only negative is that the lid knob is fastened with a screw that rusts...
replaced it with a rustproof screw
easy to do and no damage to lid or knob.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Anthony

Unbeatable value for a product that will last many lifetimes

To those who say it's NOT non stick this is because you haven't learnt to care for and maintain your cast iron. Care is simple and YES, it definitely is exceptionally non stick once you know what your doing. There are plenty of online resources to learn this from. Use plenty of good quality oil when you cook and season with a light film of oil / fat - it'll get better ever time it's properly used. No, they are not too heavy either. If your not interested in learning simple principles on how to look after cast iron and reaping the benefits then go back to your toxic Teflon coated stuff.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Heavy set cast iron.

Has been great to cook with and performs well, up there with the much more expensive French brands. Handle is cast iron.

Not non stick

Don't waste your money if you are after a non stick pan. This product is not as described. The online description, states heavy duty, cast iron, green colour, all of which is true. But also describes pan as non stick, which it definately is not true. And to get off the burnt food takes a lot of soaking.
Great colour
Not non stick

coatistango
coatistango

I don't think cast iron cookware is ever non stick.......

Anyway how heavy is this stuff? How's the handle?

rafflesia

rafflesiaasked

Can we use classica cast iron on induction hob?

norm.p

norm.pasked

just bought a 5l hotpot to make sourdough bread.oven temp needs to be 250c.on the box it sys 200c safe. will this hotpot be ok with that temp.

Paula P.
Paula P.

Did you cook bread in it? Did you preheat it and at what temperature? Or put bread in cold and then cook?I’ve just bought one for bread.

Cris Y

Cris Yasked

I have a red classica cast iron pot... after I have used vinegar, it stained the outer layer... how to bring back the original appearance?

Anthony

Has it stained the iron or the enamel?

I've not had luck with stains on the enamel, I just consider them "character"

As for staining on the iron: just give it a good wash in hot water, heat up and rub in a little oil. Every "stain" on the iron will just disappear after a few uses where new oil will re-season the iron.

CategoryCookware & Fryware and Baking Dishes