ClearView Income Insurance

ClearView Income Insurance

See the Best Income Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great

I had life insurance with Clearview 2 or 3 years ago I did it over the phone so it was nice and easy.when they make a mistake they let you no and they pay you the money they owe you.After 3 years I forgot I even had a polacey with them in July they emailed me coz I had changed banks and they wanted to give me half my money back + 10% on top of that with in 3days my refund was in my bank.

Insurance claim madeNo

Caution: opportunistic premium increases

Year-on-year increases in income protection insurance premium:
2016: 6.09%
2017: 23.02%
Note that this is for LEVEL PREMIUMS, which are promoted (across the industry) as being relatively constant over time. This dwarfs the increases in my STEPPED income protection policy, let alone private health insurance premiums.

Therefore, I would caution any prospective consumers considering:
(a) Clearview Life income protection products;
(b) Especially level premium policies, given that policyholders are effectively locked-in (pre-existing medical conditions), and are therefore vulnerable to opportunistic pricing in subsequent years;
(c) That is, the heavier upfront costs of level premium policies provide no protection against exploitation by insurers.

I also note that previous negative reviews for this insurer had been removed from this website, and that many "positive" reviews for this insurer have been posted to alternative websites. I note that Clearview is an ASX-listed entity, and has been the subject of M&A activity.