2Club Wyndham South Pacific

Club Wyndham South Pacific Questions & Answers

Verifiedclubwyndhamsp.com🏆 2024 Award
CathK

Very frustrated as we can't get a booking at Denarau Fiji. This morning I jumped online at 3am AEST when I thought the bookings opened up for the 13 month window. Was very disappointed to find all the rooms which appeared available yesterday were already sold. What time do bookings open please and is it worth ringing rather than trying to book online?

Club Wyndham South Pacific   DM

Dear CathK, I am so sorry to hear that you are having trouble securing an accommodation. The 13-month booking window for CWSP resorts opens at 12am (midnight) AEST. However, it appears that the rooms at our popular Club Wyndham Denarau Island resort may have been fully booked at the time you checked. The high demand for this resort can sometimes lead to all room types being taken shortly after the reservation window opens.

In case you missed the dates you were looking for; we recommend placing your request on our waitlist through Owner Services. This way, if any cancellations occur or rooms become available, you will be automatically notified, providing you with an opportunity to secure your desired reservation.

Regards, Kristian

Fritz Timothy
Fritz Timothy

This is a common occurrence and shortcoming of the Club Wyndham system. The 13 month booking process is a lottery which many invariably miss out on.

Club Wyndham South Pacific   DM

Hi Fritz, There is still a fair bit of availability within the 13-month window. It depends where you are looking to go and the dates.
The availability will vary depending on your desired destination and dates. South Pacific properties have new inventory being added every day at the 13-month mark. Keep in mind that popular locations and dates tend to have high demand and competition. If you are unable to secure your preferred location and dates, a waitlist can be created for you. If you need any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact your Owner Services team. Regards, Kathleen

Colin T.

It should be mentioned that most of the availability is at Phillip Island, Normandy and other low demand locations, as well as in in hotel or studio room type which are not suitable for week long stays.

Perhaps the Responsible Entity could choose better locations which have good year round demand from owners.

Club Wyndham South Pacific   DM

Dear Colin, Thank you for your valuable feedback. We appreciate your input regarding availability and location preferences. Rest assured your comments will be forwarded to the Responsible Entity for consideration.

Regards, Kristian

Pran L.

why is there no availability at Denarau, on our time share for 12 months when room are available if I phone the property directly. It makes me feel rorted!

chirnpar
chirnpar

Not all the rooms are owned by the club only a certain number. This applies to most, if not all, the properties within the club the rest are sold on the commercial market. This is why you really do need to use the thirteen month booking window to your best advantage.

Club Wyndham South Pacific   DM

Hi Pran. There is always a lot of competition for the most popular locations/resorts like Fiji. The booking window opens 13 months before check-in and every day there is fresh inventory that can be booked. We encourage you to book early to secure your preferred holiday. You do have the option within guidelines to cancel if your plans change. If you miss out on your prefered dates, make sure you are added to a waitlist – other people’s plans can change too! I will send you a private message inn case you need assistance with securing the dates or waitlist.

Pran L.

So how many units Does Wyndham have at Denarau?
If one cannot book 12 months in advance and Wyndham has promised annual holidays as we pay annual maintenance fees, then Wyndham is misleading it's owners when it cannot accommodate its current Owners. We tried Bali phuket Fiji palms all had zero availability for 1 week blocks that we have paid for.
We cannot just wait list for a whole year. Iurvleave has to be approved up to 6 months prior.Yet Wyndham keeps selling more and more credits. It does not have enough rooms already. This selling will not stop. So Wyndham needs to increase availability. After all we have already paid for 1 week time share Every Year. Wyndham is not delivering. I certainly think Wyndham has no desire to help Owners with less then 35000 credits. They are just trying to force Owners to buy more credit. Like scammers who do not deliver promised item and keep wanting you to send them more money ??. Very very disappointed.

Club Wyndham South Pacific   DM

Hi Pran. Sorry to hear about this. To address your point about insufficient accommodation availability – the Club must at all times have adequate inventory for the number of Credits held by owners as part of the Club Constitution. In simple terms, this means there can never be a situation where there are “too many owners” or “too many credits”, as the Club takes possession of inventory before any credits are issued to the developer to sell. This is documented in your Club Wyndham Product Disclosure Statement as follows: The number of Vacation Credits issued (i.e. sold to Owners) is limited to the number of Vacation Credits allocated against each Club Apartment. This means that Wyndham cannot issue or sell Vacation Credits in excess of the number of Vacation Credits created by the addition of Club Apartments into the Club. If the pool of issued but unsold Vacation Credits is exhausted, additional Club Apartments must be placed into the Club before any additional Vacation Credits can be allocated or issued.

Will
Will

Sorry when ever I try to book into any resort the only place I find is booking 13 months a head which means I am always about to loose credits, I agree with Pran get more south Pacific and Australian based resorts we can use , not in isolated places in Asaia & Europe that are only just hotel rooms with not self catering facilities

Disappointed owner
Disappointed owner

100% correct Pran L. - It is more of a [Content Removed] than ever now

Club Wyndham South Pacific   DM

Hi, Dissapointed owner, I'll send you a private message to assist.

Why don't you answer the question I have asked. Availability in Fiji

Club Wyndham South Pacific   DM

Hello Pran, Thanks again for your question. Denarau Island is our most popular resort and owners do book as soon as they are able, which is 13 months in advance, as soon as the booking window opens. If your preferred dates are not available, we do recommend using the waitlist system to increase your chances of picking up a cancelled booking. We have sent you a direct message for details of your account if you would like personalised booking assistance from our Owner Services team.

Pran, apparently there's lots of rooms available in Phillip Island

radlang

Why at owner updates there is always time to try and convince you to buy more credits but not enough time to answer any questions?

Club Wyndham South Pacific   DM

Hi Radlang. Thank you for your message. Owner updates aren't supposed to cause any frustrations. We would like to encourage you and other Owners to use the right channel to report to us in case of any issues. Please use the contact us form and select "Issues & concerns" under Owner Services Enquiry.
external link  Thanks, Kathleen

radlang

So just brushed off to someone else again.

Club Wyndham South Pacific   DM

Thank you for your message. We want to make sure that this is sent to the appropriate department and will be attended to as quickly as possible.I will send you a private message to further discuss your concern. Thanks, Kathleen

Colin T.

They are not really "Owner Updates", they are run by the sales team, their aim is to sell more credits.

Neb-Maat-Re

Agreed. "Owner Updates" are just sales pitches and can get quite aggressive.

We used to just respond "We are not buying any points. Please give us an update." Now we just refuse to go.

Neb-Maat-Re

I got this laughable response by private message:

"Hi Neb. I'm sorry to hear about your interaction with the team during an owner update. You will always have the option of declining any invitation to attend. If you believe you are being harassed, please notify the resort manager immediately so that appropriate action can be taken."

It wasn't just one owner update that was an aggressive sales pitch, it was all of them. In one case it was the resort manager who was harassing us about attending the session.

Bob.
Bob.

I agree. We were recently told we couldn't ask questions for "Legal Reasons". How absurd. We are supposed to be owners!!!!!!!!

Neb-Maat-Re

Denerau June 2023. Check in Saturday, get phone call just after lunch Sunday.
M: Hello?
J: Your wife's name is M
M: Yes
J: I am your club host J. I will come to see you in 5 to 10 minutes
M: We are going out
J: I will come straight away
M: We are getting changed and not in a fit state to receive visitors
J: Then can you come to Reception?
M: Why? I'm not going anywhere near Reception
J: I want to give you your discount vouchers and tell you what there is to do
M: We know what there is to do
J: I want to invite you to the Owner Update
M: Not coming to the sales pitch
J: Many things have changed
M: Not coming to the sales pitch
J: There is no sales pitch
M: For the third and final time, not coming to the sales pitch
J: (Another attempt to convince me, can't remember what he said)
M: I am feeling harassed now
J: Oh, OK, gooodbye then

Club Wyndham South Pacific   DM

Hi Neb. Sorry for that experience. Can I follow up on this by escalating it to the sales manager on-site to investigate? I'll send you a private message to get further details.

John

A drawer in the bedside tables would be plus for us older folk. A built-in door that did not smash into a loose set of drawers would help so that the sliding drawer could be opened fully without having to lift drawer unit ( bad fitting) out of the way....bad feature and difficult for older folk.

Club Wyndham South Pacific   DM

Hello John, thank you for your helpful feedback. May I please ask the location of your stay so that I can provide this feedback to the resort manager?

Club Wyndham, crn Goulburn and Wentworth streets Sydney room 906. Thanks

Club Wyndham South Pacific   DM

Thanks again John, we will certainly pass this on to the Club Wyndham Sydney team.

Dee
Dee

A few days prior to arrival in at Surfers Paradise I requested Wyndham to document name change from Jordan to my daughter Jemma. It was not actioned and had to be sorted on the day of her arrival. Not impressed! Want to know why...

tony
tony

I've had the same/similar problem. Wyndham "office" don't bother to talk to the guys in the front (AKA firing) line. To be fair, the front line guys generally do try

Club Wyndham South Pacific   DM

hi Dee, I'm sorry to hear you have experienced this issue and I'd like to help. I will send you a private message for further details.
Best regards, Clare

Neb-Maat-Re

Do the Australian based "Owner Services" team ever answer the phone? I've currently been on hold for over 30 minutes!

Club Wyndham South Pacific   DM

Hello, they are having a long queue today but they are answering the phone. I will send you a private message to help.
Best regards, Karla.

Neb-Maat-Re

56 minutes on hold to follow up an email sent 8 days ago to follow up on something that was supposed to have been done in the 2nd week of December last year.

Absolutely appalling service.

Neb-Maat-Re

One hour and 24 minutes on the phone to be told "We will call you tomorrow."

This debacle started in December 2020, it was supposedly fixed in June 2021, I had to follow up in December 2021 because it wasn't and was told I would receive compensation and now I have had to follow up twice because that compensation has not been received and I get told "We will call you tomorrow."

Pathetic. Just pathetic.

Club Wyndham South Pacific   DM

I do apologise for the extended wait times as we, along with many other businesses, are currently dealing with staffing issues related to the COVID pandemic and isolation requirements. The team is investigating the issue and will call you as soon as they have a resolution. Thank you

Neb-Maat-Re

I spoke to them 8 hours ago.

You couldn't make this level of incompetence up.

Neb-Maat-Re

Thanks, Colin. My wife is an active member of that group.

G&G Talent S.
G&G Talent S.

On hold for over an hour 3 times today. It is like most of their biz practices, dodgy and uncaring

Neb-Maat-Re

Make sure you call before 3pm Qld time - The Aus based staff finish up then and after that you go through to the Phillipines.

I now have the contact details of ther head of legal and just go straight to him with everything.

Springa59

Is there any way that you can show which resort is being reviewed in the comments made by customers. Some say the name in the review - others don't. I would love to know where some of them are writing about.

Club Wyndham South Pacific   DM

Hi Springa59, Thanks for your inquiry. We wouldn't be able to identify resorts in all of the feedback. Some owners didn't leave the resort name in their review. Sorry. Apivut

Springa59

So could you get the IT guys to add a resort name field so before the review they would add its name.

Club Wyndham South Pacific   DM

My apologies. Product Review website is not our platform so we cannot make the change. Apivut

Mez
Mez

Resort: Wyndham Resort Denarau Fiji

Susan T.

WHen we book a holiday, usually for 6 or seven weeks, 4/5 different club units, we can only book one at a time, instead of booking the whole trip. This is very inconvenient, and there is a chance that all the accommodation will not be available, leaving us in the lurch. It seems that now we have to book every bit of accommodation at 3.00am. and hoping there is availability. This is a new feature, and certainly causes anxiety as we try to make bookings from Melbourne to Caloundra and return.. I am thinking that there have been too many credits sold and insufficient accommodation in Australia.
Will the booking availability return to the previous method, eg be able to complete bookings for continuous accommodation?.

Birthday Boy
Birthday Boy

Qld member's understanding from a previous experience of trying to book more than one accomodation at a time was: For 7 days (minimum in Perth & then 7 days at Dunsborough, Margaret River, we had to be 13 months in advance plus charged for a second cleaning fee. Not everybody knows what their holiday schedule is going to be 13 months-out !! Or to try & take advantage of the 60 day Red Season window, to book 6 or 7 resorts all consecutive nights. , when trying to travel from Melbourne to Caloundra & return, would not only be a logistical night-mare to maintain the schedule, but with due respect to Wyndham, it would not prove economical. Obviously Susan's planned 6 -7 weeks, means stopping in at all the main resorts along the coastal road, including Sydney and Port Macquarie with Port Stephens on the return route, with a possible minimum pre-arranged stay of 3 days at each premises (for Premium Members Only !!), which would be a nice holiday but not much time to unwind at Marcoola or Golden Beach - Sunshine Coast ? or Cheaper to catch Motels from NSW to Brisbane over 4 -5 days of sight-seeing drive up , then have the Sunshine Coast booking made to suit your planned road trip arrival date with 2 - 3 weeks spent looking around Brisbane, Marcoola & Golden Beach (limited number of cleaning charges, especially if she made Golden Beach the main central stop & travel out daily to the other sights.
Sorry if this reply only complicates things further for Susan, but I can understand her frustration, even with a Service Centre Consultant assisting, the rules & requirements that need to be met plus booking availabilities in consecutive 3 day periods !?

Susan T.

Fortunately Rebecca from 100Club assisted me , and I have bookings. However, not being able to just book the holiday at Flynns Beach, Coffs Harbour, Kirra, Caloundra and return certainly tested me. We do this trek every two years, enjoying the Club accommodation and renewing friendship.
I think if Rebecca had not been so helpful, I would have given up . It certainly has changed, and difficult to make spontaneous holidays , not 13 months in advance

Karen A
Karen A

I emailed my destinations, dates and length of stays to head office and they booked everything for me. I didn't have to worry about a thing. Some were 1 night, 2 nights and 3 or more night stays over a period of almost 3 weeks.
When we had to cancel almost a week of stays at 3 different location due to a death in the family, these were handled very quickly and sensitively and we had our credits refunded.

Susan T.

My response just disappeared , but my thought are, thank goodness for Rebecca who very kindly, and graciously took the pain out of making my bookings , an angel personified.

Mike C.

Who do we write to lodge a complaint, please?

Kind regards
Mike & Michelle Cheslin

Club Wyndham South Pacific   DM

Hi Mike and Michelle, you can send your concern to our Customer Care. Below are their contact details.
Phone:
customerteam@wyn.com

Thank you. Apivut

jono13
jono13

Depends on how serious the complaint. I have always found the Owner Services Team at Wyndham excellent and will resolve most issues. They respond well to phone calls on the usual Wyndham number. Otherwise, see Apivut's answer to get started, then if needs further action the relevant government department.

Thanks jono 13 :)

Peter.N

I have only been disappointed recently regarding cancelled credits etc. I have attempted a number of times by email to receive clarification to which I have never had the decency of a response! I do not want to leave bad feedback as this is not my intention. But at least address the issues at hand!

trees
trees

I find it is better to talk to them on the phone. They have always answered my queries and been willing to help out.

Club Wyndham South Pacific   DM

Hi Peter, I am sincerely sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please send your owner number with a brief background to our Customer Care team at customerteam@wyn.com. Your request will be attended to as quickly as possible. Apivut

Peter.N

Apivut I have sent such email as advised. I await a response.

Get an answer from our members and Club Wyndham South Pacific representatives

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Club Wyndham South Pacific is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024. Learn more