See the Best Tick & Flea Control Products in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Side Effects Long-term illness (3) · Short-term illness (3) · None (2) · Death (1)

Avoid at all costs

Within 30 minutes of giving our cat half a Comfortis tablet she was running
round the house, unable to breath, her eyes were starring and she kept
falling over. We immediately rushed to the vets where they put her on a drip
and gave her steroids. Later that evening she was transferred to an animal
hospital and monitored overnight. It took 3 to 4 days to recover but she has
been left totally deaf. I cannot understand why this drug is on the market
and being sold by vets.

Purchased in August 2019 for $15.00.

Peter

PeterPerth, WA

Thought our dog was going to die!!

About 4 hrs after giving our dog a dose he became lethargic and the third eye was coming down on his eyes. He could only walk slowly and just stared into space! Luckily after a few hours he has improved but we were extremely worried and had no doubt that this product caused this!

Purchased in January 2020 at City Farmers.

NEVER EVER USE THIS PRODUCT

my dog had wobbles and was paralyzed day after taking this, with a 60kg dog this was product that killed him, he could never walk again, don't risk using it, use any other product, this should be removed from all shops.

Purchased for $50.00.

No star if I could

Can't coordinate his limbs and walking is like he is drunk all in less than 12 hours for the dose which was administered in accordance with the instructions.
DO NOT USE

Purchased in May 2019 for $88.00.

Dfadog66

Dfadog66

Still has Fleas

Have used this product for over a year and my dog is still affected by fleas. Have taken him to the vet and they also recommended this brand but it doesn't seem to be working.

Purchased in February 2019.

Side Effects None

Ange573

Ange573AU

Caused loss of muscle control in cat

My cat was given this at the vet after Frontline had become ineffective. Later that evening she was unable to walk or stand, falling over on one side, with tremors of her whole body. After taking her to an emergency vet and returning home, she was not able to walk or stand without falling over until the following day, and slept for the entire next day. It took her a few days to recover. One of the vets had seen a similar reaction before. I would not recommend this product - a chemical that can produce these sort of neurological side effects is dangerous.

Purchased in February 2019.

Sandy sSouth East Queensland, QLD

Product works but not for my kitty

This product works to eradicate fleas and my cat Loves the smell of the product but on a full tummy, he wants water immediately after consuming it and vomits 24 hours after administering the tablet and will do so for 3 days straight and be very ginger and sooky. He suffers from feline paresthesia and during these days it is more pronounced like the Comfortis affects his central nervous system. I won’t administer again. It’s one of the only products on the market that works for him but makes him so ill. I can’t touch him during this phase because his nerves are hypersensitive and he bites unless I am super super gentle.

Purchased in October 2018 at Ebay.

Sandy s

Ps I have been using this product for some time, it’s not just a one off incident. I can’t put him through it again.

RudolphandHermey

RudolphandHermeyNew South Wales

Product is brilliant

Ive been using this for 7yrs. Was previously know as panoramis. My dog never has fleas or worms. Never had side affects. Digests it well. It last longer than a month. I use it every 6-7 weeks.

Purchased in July 2018 at Ebay.

Side Effects None

Killed My Sweet Cat

As today marks a year since my cat passed away from this drug, I reccomend NOT ever using this. This drug caused my cat to become lethargic for days, then he began to lose movement. It caused permanent nerve damage, eventually resulting in paralysis and death. This was after the 3rd use. He bounced back the first two times. Read reviews and do not use this medication!!!

Purchased in February 2018.

Side Effects Death
Alyce

AlyceMelbourne

DANGEROUS PRODUCT!!! DONT GIVE THIS TO YOUR DOGS!

Gave my 30kg Rottweiler the Comfortis plus brown with her dinner. The next morning she wasn’t herself her nature was that of a HEAVILY SEDATED DOG! Rushed her to the vet.... extremely bad reaction to this oral treatment. While she was sick I researched and saw all these reviews! I am so so so thankful that my girl pulled through her blood tests where great and I’ve dropped in her urine sample this morning. Will be doing another blood test in 4 weeks time to check again. I honestly thought my dog was going to die. Most awful & scariest thing I’ve ever seen with a pet. THIS STUFF SHOULD BE ILLEGAL ITS POISON!

Shirley

ShirleyKinsey,ala

Comfortis does not work any more.

I bought comfortess for my dogs.it has been several days now.they still have fleas.i have 3 skye terriers that weigh around 27 lbs. A mixed breed that weigh around the same. 2 salukis that weigh around 40 or cfc50 lbs at the most. I am not pleased.

KateGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Flea free finally!

Kate

They've now has their second dose, the house is completely flea free and so are all three cats!

almost killed my cats

I read the directions very well, fed my cats gave them the medication for fleas, its smells awful , and one cat could not breath rushed, the other was vomiting worst , stuff not well tolerated in cats at all, thankfully the vet gave my one very sick cat IV meds , the other cat was just vomiting and did not stop for like 4 hours, but the other cat had to stay on anti histamines for over a week, I am lucky he lived :(

Dangerous product

Our two year old Border Collie had a seizure the day after taking his first and last oral flea product known as Comfortis...he remained epileptic for about 4 years and now hasnt had a seizure for nearly 2 years, we put him on a raw food diet with golden paste and he has had acupuncture...we believe this might have saved him.

Comfortis Plus

I liked this Product it worked for fleas and worms but apparently doesn't treat ear mites and lice, so had to change treatment. My pets had no bad reactions to Comfortis but unfortunately I feel it's too expensive for not a complete treatment.

ctal

ctaladelaide

The only thing that works!

Freaked out

AH-MAZ-IIING

I gave my Lhasa poodle mix one tab in June. It’s now November and I haven’t seen any fleas! I read an article about waiting to see if fleas appear then to give another tab. Needless to say one dose lasted 5 months.
My dog is always chasing squirrels and jumping in the open waters. She Was completely infested until I gave her this magic dose of amazingness.
I was scared at first after reading reviews and kept one eye open all night to watch her reaction to it. I’m pleased with this

Nic

NicMelbourne

Stay away

Heathy 58kg male dog. Bloody Diarrhoea and lethargy for a week after taking comfortis plus. Had no problem with it before it was rebranded (previously panoramas). I’m glad I only gave him the one tablet and didn’t top up to his full weight after reading these reviews. Have thrown the rest out and spoken to vet about the side effects, vet suggested I change to something else. I’ve also been warned against Bravecto

My dog died within 4 days of ingesting this poison

Two healthy dogs, 47kg female and 54kg male, gave tablet Wednesday and female throwing up within a couple of hours, vomiting and lethargic for two days and rushed her to vet on third day too weak to stay upright. Diagnosed with acute Liver failure, on drip for day and a half and had a seizure, liver, pancreas, failed, glucose levels extremely low, internal bleeding, bloody vomiting and diarrhoea, PTS four days after ingesting this supposedly safe poison. Thank God the male was only a bit lethargic for a couple of days and seems ok.