Sad Day

We gave Comfortis to our cat yesterday morning and we found him dead this morning. He was healthy and only four years old. He was the best cat ever and we are heartbroken.

Purchased in December 2020 for $90.00.

Believer!

My dog and 3 cats (and my apartment) were infested with fleas. This even though I had been using the spot treatment once a month. I made an appointment with exterminator and the night before he came I gave all 4 animals Comfortis. The difference was amazing! My part Siamese cat had developed sores from scratching - she is completely healed. It wasn’t fun giving the cats the pills but it was well worth it!

Purchased in September 2020 at Chewy.com.

KILLED MY BELOVED CAT!!

Just three days ago, I gave my cat the second round of this medication, exactly a month to the date. 4 hours later she is contorting on the floor, unable to breath and died within minutes in the car on the way to the emergency vet. I am heartbroken and distraught. Our family has been torn apart by this 100% preventable tragedy. Please, trust the reviews and do not buy this product. Do not risk their lives. I will forever regret and hate myself for making her take something I thought was going to help but instead ended her life.

Purchased in June 2020 at Walmart pharmacy for $100.00.

A Game Changer

Purchased in May 2020.

DO NOT USE - KILLS ANIMALS

Gave to our cat last Friday and within 4 hours he was dead. Cat was playful had nothing wrong with him, and gave him comfortis and he was dead ! Not first time using this product. Had 3 cats die within 3 months of each other

Purchased in April 2020 for $20.00.

Side EffectsDeath
Dutchie

DutchieAU

Too poisonous for my cat

We gave our cat comfortis, never again. She was really lethargic for 2 days and her fur was dull straight away and still is. She also has been acting weird since, I almost think it's affected her brain... It's been a week and she still has fleas...

Purchased in February 2020.

DO NOT USE EVER

Purchased in January 2020 at Petco for $50.00.

Avoid at all costs

Within 30 minutes of giving our cat half a Comfortis tablet she was running
round the house, unable to breath, her eyes were starring and she kept
falling over. We immediately rushed to the vets where they put her on a drip
and gave her steroids. Later that evening she was transferred to an animal
hospital and monitored overnight. It took 3 to 4 days to recover but she has
been left totally deaf. I cannot understand why this drug is on the market
and being sold by vets.

Purchased in August 2019 for $15.00.

Side EffectsLong-term illness
Peter

PeterPerth, WA

Thought our dog was going to die!!

About 4 hrs after giving our dog a dose he became lethargic and the third eye was coming down on his eyes. He could only walk slowly and just stared into space! Luckily after a few hours he has improved but we were extremely worried and had no doubt that this product caused this!

Purchased in January 2020 at City Farmers.

NEVER EVER USE THIS PRODUCT

my dog had wobbles and was paralyzed day after taking this, with a 60kg dog this was product that killed him, he could never walk again, don't risk using it, use any other product, this should be removed from all shops.

Purchased for $50.00.

Side EffectsLong-term illness
Pet TypeDog

No star if I could

Can't coordinate his limbs and walking is like he is drunk all in less than 12 hours for the dose which was administered in accordance with the instructions.
DO NOT USE

Purchased in May 2019 for $88.00.

Side EffectsShort-term illness
Dfadog66

Dfadog66

Still has Fleas

Have used this product for over a year and my dog is still affected by fleas. Have taken him to the vet and they also recommended this brand but it doesn't seem to be working.

Purchased in February 2019.

Side EffectsNone
Pet TypeDog
Ange573

Ange573AU

Caused loss of muscle control in cat

My cat was given this at the vet after Frontline had become ineffective. Later that evening she was unable to walk or stand, falling over on one side, with tremors of her whole body. After taking her to an emergency vet and returning home, she was not able to walk or stand without falling over until the following day, and slept for the entire next day. It took her a few days to recover. One of the vets had seen a similar reaction before. I would not recommend this product - a chemical that can produce these sort of neurological side effects is dangerous.

Purchased in February 2019.

Side EffectsShort-term illness

Sandy sSouth East Queensland, QLD

Product works but not for my kitty

This product works to eradicate fleas and my cat Loves the smell of the product but on a full tummy, he wants water immediately after consuming it and vomits 24 hours after administering the tablet and will do so for 3 days straight and be very ginger and sooky. He suffers from feline paresthesia and during these days it is more pronounced like the Comfortis affects his central nervous system. I won’t administer again. It’s one of the only products on the market that works for him but makes him so ill. I can’t touch him during this phase because his nerves are hypersensitive and he bites unless I am super super gentle.

Purchased in October 2018 at Ebay.

Sandy s

Ps I have been using this product for some time, it’s not just a one off incident. I can’t put him through it again.

RudolphandHermey

RudolphandHermeyNew South Wales

Product is brilliant

Ive been using this for 7yrs. Was previously know as panoramis. My dog never has fleas or worms. Never had side affects. Digests it well. It last longer than a month. I use it every 6-7 weeks.

Purchased in July 2018 at Ebay.

Killed My Sweet Cat

As today marks a year since my cat passed away from this drug, I reccomend NOT ever using this. This drug caused my cat to become lethargic for days, then he began to lose movement. It caused permanent nerve damage, eventually resulting in paralysis and death. This was after the 3rd use. He bounced back the first two times. Read reviews and do not use this medication!!!

Purchased in February 2018.

Side EffectsDeath
Alyce

AlyceMelbourne

DANGEROUS PRODUCT!!! DONT GIVE THIS TO YOUR DOGS!

Gave my 30kg Rottweiler the Comfortis plus brown with her dinner. The next morning she wasn’t herself her nature was that of a HEAVILY SEDATED DOG! Rushed her to the vet.... extremely bad reaction to this oral treatment. While she was sick I researched and saw all these reviews! I am so so so thankful that my girl pulled through her blood tests where great and I’ve dropped in her urine sample this morning. Will be doing another blood test in 4 weeks time to check again. I honestly thought my dog was going to die. Most awful & scariest thing I’ve ever seen with a pet. THIS STUFF SHOULD BE ILLEGAL ITS POISON!

Shirley

ShirleyKinsey,ala

Comfortis does not work any more.

I bought comfortess for my dogs.it has been several days now.they still have fleas.i have 3 skye terriers that weigh around 27 lbs. A mixed breed that weigh around the same. 2 salukis that weigh around 40 or cfc50 lbs at the most. I am not pleased.

KateGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Flea free finally!

Kate

They've now has their second dose, the house is completely flea free and so are all three cats!

almost killed my cats

I read the directions very well, fed my cats gave them the medication for fleas, its smells awful , and one cat could not breath rushed, the other was vomiting worst , stuff not well tolerated in cats at all, thankfully the vet gave my one very sick cat IV meds , the other cat was just vomiting and did not stop for like 4 hours, but the other cat had to stay on anti histamines for over a week, I am lucky he lived :(

Shannon C.

Shannon C.asked

Comfortis

My 13 lb. dog had 1/2 comfortis pill 2weeks ago. Can I give her a sentinel pill (her usual monthly flea tick and heart worm med) now?

Rodolfo Alvarado

Rodolfo Alvaradoasked

Comfortis Orange (For Dogs 18.1 - 27kg, For Cats 2.8 - 5.4kg)

price for comfortis orage 6 pak?

Laura L.

Laura L.asked

Comfortis

I was given a litter of 6 to 7 week old kittens. The person said she crushed up the smallest size comforts for kittens (4.1lbs or 14 weeks) and have each kitten (5 of them) a small amount. Should I panic or will they be ok?

Elanco Comfortis

Elanco Comfortis can cause severe reactions when it comes to flea prevention

Elanco Comfortis is made to prevent flea infestations in both cats and dogs who are 14 weeks and older. Elanco states that the product starts killing fleas in 30 minutes, allowing you to ‘simply treat and play.’

It’s important to note that for several reviewers, administering this medication to their pet caused concerning side effects such as illness and even death. This sometimes happened the first time a tablet was given, and when pets were young and healthy.

Even though some flea medications may be vet-recommended, adverse reactions are a very real possibility with these tablets.

Other reviewers who gave Elanco Comfortis positive reviews did so because their pets didn’t experience any negative side effects.

A number of these positive reviews were written in relation to pets who suffered from an existing flea infestation - rather than flea prevention. However it can be hard to predict a reaction, so it’s advisable that the medication is given to pets with caution and careful monitoring.

Compare all 5 Elanco Comfortis
CategoryTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control Products
Application TypeChewableChewableChewableChewable