Caused loss of muscle control in cat

My cat was given this at the vet after Frontline had become ineffective. Later that evening she was unable to walk or stand, falling over on one side, with tremors of her whole body. After taking her to an emergency vet and returning home, she was not able to walk or stand without falling over until the following day, and slept for the entire next day. It took her a few days to recover. One of the vets had seen a similar reaction before. I would not recommend this product - a chemical that can produce these sort of neurological side effects is dangerous.

Purchased in February 2019.

Side Effects Short-term illness
Pet TypeCat

Product works but not for my kitty

This product works to eradicate fleas and my cat Loves the smell of the product but on a full tummy, he wants water immediately after consuming it and vomits 24 hours after administering the tablet and will do so for 3 days straight and be very ginger and sooky. He suffers from feline paresthesia and during these days it is more pronounced like the Comfortis affects his central nervous system. I won’t administer again. It’s one of the only products on the market that works for him but makes him so ill. I can’t touch him during this phase because his nerves are hypersensitive and he bites unless I am super super gentle.

Purchased in October 2018 at Ebay.

Side Effects Long-term illness
Pet TypeCat
Ps I have been using this product for some time, it’s not just a one off incident. I can’t put him through it again.

Product is brilliant

Ive been using this for 7yrs. Was previously know as panoramis. My dog never has fleas or worms. Never had side affects. Digests it well. It last longer than a month. I use it every 6-7 weeks.

Purchased in July 2018 at Ebay.

Side Effects None
Pet TypeDog

Killed My Sweet Cat

As today marks a year since my cat passed away from this drug, I reccomend NOT ever using this. This drug caused my cat to become lethargic for days, then he began to lose movement. It caused permanent nerve damage, eventually resulting in paralysis and death. This was after the 3rd use. He bounced back the first two times. Read reviews and do not use this medication!!!

Purchased in February 2018.

Side Effects Death
Pet TypeCat

DANGEROUS PRODUCT!!! DONT GIVE THIS TO YOUR DOGS!

Gave my 30kg Rottweiler the Comfortis plus brown with her dinner. The next morning she wasn’t herself her nature was that of a HEAVILY SEDATED DOG! Rushed her to the vet.... extremely bad reaction to this oral treatment. While she was sick I researched and saw all these reviews! I am so so so thankful that my girl pulled through her blood tests where great and I’ve dropped in her urine sample this morning. Will be doing another blood test in 4 weeks time to check again. I honestly thought my dog was going to die. Most awful & scariest thing I’ve ever seen with a pet. THIS STUFF SHOULD BE ILLEGAL ITS POISON!

Comfortis does not work any more.

I bought comfortess for my dogs.it has been several days now.they still have fleas.i have 3 skye terriers that weigh around 27 lbs. A mixed breed that weigh around the same. 2 salukis that weigh around 40 or cfc50 lbs at the most. I am not pleased.

Flea free finally!

My three cats and my house had a heavy flea infestation after the recent weird Melbourne weather, they exploded everywhere, gross! We'd been using revolution and I've always found it hard to spot-dose correctly so the poor cats were probably missing out. They were stressed and sick with flea problems 10 days after their last revolution dose. I asked the vet and used Comfortis. I made sure they had a full meal with the tablet crushed in it and they chowed it down. After about an hour a 3 hour long, 3 cat grooming frenzy beganbaa the fleas started dying, but there was no vomiting or any other distress shown by the cats. The next day I flea bombed the house too using a Raid bomb and washed all their bedding, and mine! I noticed that evening that where the cats had been sleeping stayed clean, no flea dirt scratched out, just a few dead fleas. Three days later the cats are flea free, relaxed as only cats can be, shiny coats and appetites are back. It's been truly great and being aware we've had that infestation I'm keeping an eye out because I know sometimes it takes a a few cycles to really break the flea cycles but so far the house is clear of them and so are the cats. Just for reference the cats weigh 2.8kg, 3.3kg and 3.8kg respectively and they each had a full tablet.

They've now has their second dose, the house is completely flea free and so are all three cats!

almost killed my cats

I read the directions very well, fed my cats gave them the medication for fleas, its smells awful , and one cat could not breath rushed, the other was vomiting worst , stuff not well tolerated in cats at all, thankfully the vet gave my one very sick cat IV meds , the other cat was just vomiting and did not stop for like 4 hours, but the other cat had to stay on anti histamines for over a week, I am lucky he lived :(

Dangerous product

Our two year old Border Collie had a seizure the day after taking his first and last oral flea product known as Comfortis...he remained epileptic for about 4 years and now hasnt had a seizure for nearly 2 years, we put him on a raw food diet with golden paste and he has had acupuncture...we believe this might have saved him.

Comfortis Plus

I liked this Product it worked for fleas and worms but apparently doesn't treat ear mites and lice, so had to change treatment. My pets had no bad reactions to Comfortis but unfortunately I feel it's too expensive for not a complete treatment.

The only thing that works!

I bought one 6 pack for my dog and 2 cats. There was a sale on and I got the product for $70 which I thought was well priced. I have used Frontline and Advantage in the past, and over the last 3 months have noticed an increase in fleas despite frequent spot on treatments. I was nervous to use Comfortis because of some reviews, but I am so glad I did. My dog ate the tablet without hesitation and then ate a big bowl of dry food and mince, my cats wouldn't eat it without being mixed with food. I noticed fleas dying within half and hour. Within an hour all three animals were fine. After 2 hours I would say all of the fleas on my dog were dead or dying. She was fine and still playful with her tail wagging. The cats began itching like crazy after around 3 hours. I think the fleas were biting more as they were dying. They were locked in the bathroom and though I didn't notice as many dead fleas on them, I think they were cleaning them off. Once treated I washed the pets, flea bombed my entire house and hot washed and dried every soft fabric. Pets are fine, fleas are gone. I am a total convert and love this product. It really works like magic.

Freaked out

I gave my ragdoll one tablet for the 1st time ever last night after dinner as directed ,( as he has sensitive skin and cannot use spot on treatments or flea collar ) he was fine at 1st , hour later he stated acting crazy , shaking his head , scratching and grooming himself like mad , going in and out of the litter box , then sat in litter box scratching , head shaking for the next few hours ..By this time i come and read the reviews and thought oh hell this is not good. I asked advice on a special cat n kitten foster carer page and was told just to keep watching him as it was perfectly normal behaviour as the fleas die they bite really hard and if any changes like vomiting etc go to a vet . Woke up this morning to my cat jumping on the bed wanting his breakfast. Apart from vomiting up a hairball sometime last night ( i would expect that as being a ragdoll he groomed himself non stop for around 3-4hrs) he is back to his normal self. The product itself works great not a flea in sight , but i guess its like all medicines , some pets can tolerate it others sadly didnt .

AH-MAZ-IIING

I gave my Lhasa poodle mix one tab in June. It’s now November and I haven’t seen any fleas! I read an article about waiting to see if fleas appear then to give another tab. Needless to say one dose lasted 5 months.
My dog is always chasing squirrels and jumping in the open waters. She Was completely infested until I gave her this magic dose of amazingness.
I was scared at first after reading reviews and kept one eye open all night to watch her reaction to it. I’m pleased with this

Stay away

Heathy 58kg male dog. Bloody Diarrhoea and lethargy for a week after taking comfortis plus. Had no problem with it before it was rebranded (previously panoramas). I’m glad I only gave him the one tablet and didn’t top up to his full weight after reading these reviews. Have thrown the rest out and spoken to vet about the side effects, vet suggested I change to something else. I’ve also been warned against Bravecto

My dog died within 4 days of ingesting this poison

Two healthy dogs, 47kg female and 54kg male, gave tablet Wednesday and female throwing up within a couple of hours, vomiting and lethargic for two days and rushed her to vet on third day too weak to stay upright. Diagnosed with acute Liver failure, on drip for day and a half and had a seizure, liver, pancreas, failed, glucose levels extremely low, internal bleeding, bloody vomiting and diarrhoea, PTS four days after ingesting this supposedly safe poison. Thank God the male was only a bit lethargic for a couple of days and seems ok.

No good

Treated 3 dogs, each after a meal. Within 1 hr, all 3 were puking all over the house. Now, I'm worried about other effects, plus seeing $66.00 spewed all over the floor.

Works wonderful

When I had a kennel, I had 20 dogs and used this, never had a problem. Never gave it to my cats. Now, I have 5 dogs, 8 to 14 lbs. I buy the Comfortis for 20 lbs dogs and split them in half or quarters depending on the dog, it saves money and with the 6 pack it gives me enough to give them twice a year. The fleas begin to fall off dead with in 1/2 hour. I have never had any of my dogs react badly to Comfortis. I give them their first dose in spring first sign of fleas, then I give a second dose in fall first sign of fleas. Never, once every month. Yes, only twice a year. We never have fleas. Maybe we don't have fleas bad anyway, I don't know but we lived on a ranch with the 20 dogs and now at the beach with only 5, same results. Now, my dogs are Volpino's, it's an Italian breed, they don't dog stink, basically they just need to be brushed now and then, so I don't have to bath often unless they get into something. I think many of you are overdosing. I get a prescription from my vet, my online provider faxes my Vet for approval, it's sent to me in the mail. I pay about $70., at the Vet it's about $100.

Healthy 16 month old cat died after giving comfortis

I have used comfortis for about 3 years now on my GSD and 3 cats. After giving them a dose the usual vomiting would occur but they were always fine.
2 nights ago I gave all the animals a comfortis, I always follow directions and am super careful!! They had the comfortis at 7:30pm and in the army hours of the following morning my healthy, strong fit as a fiddle 18 month old cat was dead. He looked as though he had curled up and gone to sleep but he didn't wake up. This product is so dangerous and NOT worth the risk. Please be cautious and think twice about using this product.

Made both my cats very sick and damaged their livers

Gave both my cats this product once,to be sure I bought the lowest dose. My smallest cat vomited started shaking became really withdrawn had diarrhoea. My other cat vomited and howled in pain took both to the vet as they didn’t settle and remained unwell,both had many tests and the verdict was that these pills caused liver damage.my small cat had diarrhoea daily for months. The cats were well before. Now both are on special diets because of the damage. Stay away from this.

First time using this with both my cats excellent results

No side effects from my two cats just before not happy cats. It now happy happy cats will definitely recommend this !!!!