Commonwealth Bank NetBank Saver

Commonwealth Bank NetBank Saver Questions & Answers

22 questions from our users

Sandra Driver Hunwick

Sandra Driver Hunwickasked

What does "transfer in admin "mean?

Casey

Caseyasked

I have transferred money into my friends account in the past from my account after deleting them from my book in the netbank can I still transfer money n go in right away?

Cba

Cbaasked

I have a mortgage and want them to take money out of my netsaver account which is linked with complete access. Do o give them netsaver bsb details will this work

kathyasked

I am taking my money out of your bank,my netbank saver,you have ripped me off for to long,I have found a better interest rate you have only offered me one percent on a huge amount of money so how can I get a transfer into my other institution,

Ana

Anaasked

I have just opened a smart access account online. When should I expect to see it listed in my accounts when I log into netbank?

Victoria B.asked

Once I delete my netbank savings account will any of those transactions still print out in my smart access account transactions

Victoria B.

How come you can still get transactions details for up to two years then

Victoria B.asked

How can I delete my netbank savings account online

trompfy

just ring 132221 and ask them to close it for you.

Victoria B.asked

If I close my net bank account are all transaction details deleted of the system forever

Yes, they are.

Victoria B.

So nobody can requests my details through the bank is that right

Pdempsey

Pdempseyasked

Can I open a net bank saver in my mother's name. I have enduring power attorney & my mother has dementia?

Pdempsey

Pdempseyasked

Can I open a netbank saver for my mother. I have enduring power of attorney & she has dementia?

kathyd

kathydasked

I have a debit master card linked to my smart access account but now it’s not showing up it has a message saying I don’t have any cards linked to that account ! Why has this happened and how do I fix it? I can’t pay for my groceries my card was working earlier but now it’s no where to be found on my account ! Help

Himali
Himali

You can chat with a customer care officer through your bank app. Its called CEBA and you can tell CEBA that you need to chat with a human so it will connect you with a rep fast. I used this to solve an issue I had with my interest rates and I loved it as I hate to visit bank and I hate being on hold over the phone.

Sammy

Sammyasked

Hi
I just transferred some amount on netbank saver account. But the amount is not showing up.
What can i do??

Behram
Behram

If you have transferred from your commonwealth complete access account it should show up right away, if not you should call their helpline on 13 22 21

Geoff H

Geoff Hasked

Can I setup 'Direct Debit' from Netbank?

kathy

No you cant ,you have to transfer it to your other streamline account, they might have changed things but I doubt that

Rory

Roryasked

I have removed one of my netbank saver accounts and I transferred money into it and I can't access the money or the account, what do I do?

kathy

Contact your bank as this account is closed it's the same as closing a credit card that account you closed is void let the bank help you

Jharmaine Gift S

Jharmaine Gift Sasked

How can i delete my new net saver because i have my old one so no need for new one? thanks!

Victoria B.

Ring the bank they will delete it for you

kathyasked

Why have you paid we less interest on my netball saver when it has been set at a permanent rate?

Netbank saver

Alberto Serpilliasked

Good morning.
I had a student Visa and I left Australia on October 2014 leaving my cwb account opened .
Now I m thinking whether or not if closing my Smart access account or just transfer my funds into a netsaver bank account at Commonwealth bank.
I m not planning to get back to Australia for now, my account is still at the same balance I left since I am not doing any deposit since last year and monthly fees are slowly charging on my existing account. At this point is it suggestable to open a Netsaver bank just to leave the account opened with no fees?
I was also thinking to leave my account open just in case any expected payment like driving fine's may pop up at my old address
Thks for your help

Ford Lover

Alberto...you'd be far better served asking your question of a Commonwealth Bank officer, rather than a disgruntled customer!
My advice, for what it's worth, would be to pull ALL of your money out of the Commonwealth Bank! Personally, I don't care for their business ethics.

Alberto Serpilli

Hi Ford Lover thks for your help!
do you mean that does work better for me to close my cwb account and transfer my funds into my italian account in Italy?
For sure I will not longer be charge with monthly administration. . fees.
Furthermore, keeping my funds into a netsaver account in cwb force me to have a linked transaction account in which fees are applied anyway.
Is it what I understood right?
, thks again

adamdouglass71

adamdouglass71asked

Can my netbank esaver account have direct debits such as paypal taken out of it?

Optomistique
Optomistique

Not as far as I'm aware, because Netbank (Comm Bank) and Esaver (Westpac) are online accounts only. These type of accounts are usually linked to an everyday transaction account. Eg transfer funds from Netbank or Esaver to your Everyday account, debit account or credit card then Paypal takes from there. Please check with your bank though because each has it's own regulations controlling such accounts.

Rick
Rick

Although it would be most handy to have a direct debt set up on a net bank saver account, Commonwealth does not offer this feature as they want to encourage people to use this as a savings account only and keep the money earning interest. I believe they should offer this feature so people could have the convenience of earning interest on their money until the last minute when a bill needs to be paid via direct debt. However greed wins out in the end as this benefits the customer not the Bank.

Sommay Heaunkeomany

Sommay Heaunkeomanyasked

Hi, I have read some of your comments about NetBank Saver account. Some of you said that the drawback is fee charged to the linked commonwealth transaction account is a bit high. So I'd like to know how the fee is calculated, what are the rules about this? Thank you so much in advance for your answer.

Jenny96

Sorry I do not know the answer to this. The point of my review was that there were fees on an online account where there are none at other Banks. Additionally when I opened the Saver Account it was clearly stated that there were no fees. It was not at all cleat that you also had to open another account which did have fees. Unless this has changed I would look at Ubank or ING which I have and can recommend.

Brenda

Brendaasked

We are going to USA and Hong Kong from 28 th June to 27 th July if we pay with gold visa are we covered ? Lost stolen money, for time away , existing medical condition,. Also what is excess? Do we have a policy no. To quote hospitals ect?and is there a no. We can call if needed?
Appreciate your help
Brenda Bissett

Ford Lover

Sorry Brenda...but you've asked a question of a disgruntled CBA customer. You'd be better asking a CBA employee - and hope that they're honest in their reply!

Jenny96

Sorry but I never finalised the opening of this account and never used it or had a VISA with them. In addition to Ford Lover I would say when you talk to the Bank ask for where the information they are giving you is written down. I have been given incorrect information many times. If you need to get Travel Insurance check them out on this site. Depending on how long you will be away they often only cost around $100.

Get an answer from our members and Commonwealth Bank representatives