Crown Lager

Crown Lager

See the Best Regular Beers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Crown Lager? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

simba
simbaWestern Australia

Dangerous 6 pack packaging... good beer

Purchased in February 2021 for $47.90.

1/2 was ok rest of carton was dark tasted bad. Tipped out but have photos on another I pad which I am happy to forward..

Disappointed with my gift of crown larger beer some was ok but remaking bottles tasted funny and were flat not safe to drink have no receipts as it was a Christmas gift but have photos. Feel cheated ..mike Powell...

Purchased in December 2020.

Mike
Mike

I have tried to send photo but can not do it can furnish the pics it was awful so sad as it was a Christmas gift. From my daughter...

S HolmesSouth East Queensland, QLD

I believe the brew has changed.

I have been a keen Crown Lager drinker for a few years. A couple of months ago I started getting a gas, bowel, stomach problem. Over the following months I stopped all medications, changed parts of diet, saw my doctor etc. Then I decided to stop beer for the first time in 50 years. Bingo, all problems solved, no more gas problem. Back to normal food, medications and no worries.. ALSO I do not like the new loose fitting cap, I prefer to use a bottle opener and know my brew has been sealed.
I have not tried any other beers yet, I am still on red wine..

Purchased in August 2020 at Dan Murphy's for $50.00.

Steven Weiler
Steven Weiler

Terrible Packing for a 6 pack

I like drinking this beer alot but the 6 pack is not good for packaging they easily fall out of the packet i broke 2 bottles recently and I carried it properly it should be in a carry packet with a handle like ive seen for another beer i drink. I rang the consumer number to complain about it.

Purchased in September 2020 at Dan Murphy's Physical store for $47.90.

Hugie
HugieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No longer Australia’s premium beer

I’d been drinking crown lager since the 80’s and back then it was the king of beer...the premium beer in Australia that was put out on a table only
on very special occasions, but a year ago l got fed up with paying top dollar for a very very ordinary beer...over the years the different owners have changed the formula to save money in my humble opinion, because these days it tastes nothing like it did 20-25 years ago...it gives me one hell of headache after only 4-5 bottles and leaves the foulest of tastes in my mouth.......l assume this is all caused by the chemicals replacing quality ingredients to save money.....move on people it’s time...these’s much better quality beer at a cheaper price available these days.

Purchased in March 2019 at BWS Physical store for $56.00.

Chris locking
Chris lockingSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointed to say its no longer tastes like it use to you a Premium beer now it’s not

For over 30 years for me first choice always a special time to open a Crownie enjoyed the quality and flavour and lingering after taste... Not any more now seems it just a beer with no noticeable flavour it once as l drink a Crownie as l write this ... its lost its flavour and any evidence of a Premium beer... not any more will look a craft beer

Purchased in February 2020 at Dan Murphy's for $50.00.

Westy
WestyPerth, WA

Good beer poor packaging

Fantastic beer and I compliment the brewer. The packaging of the 6 pack is dreadful and whoever designed it is an idiot. You just need to tilt the package slightly and you finish up with smashed bottles. I have to use a Carona tray to repackage the bottles to stop losing them. I am changing beers after another two bottles smashed last night.

Purchased in October 2019.

Colin
ColinCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Shocking

It is meant to be a lager and is very bitter.crown lager use to be fantastic but now it is clearly one of the worst.Unfortunately i still have 18 to drink but its going to be a battle.you seriously have to question if another brew is bottled under the crown name.

Purchased in April 2019 at Dan Murphy Ballarat for $44.00.

Ben
BenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Puzzled by the marketing of this beer

Purchased in January 2019 at BWS Physical store for $5.00.

Garryt
GarrytLaunceston, TAS

Nice Beer. BUT.

Purchased in March 2019 at Dan Murphy's Physical store for $52.00.

Insipid and tasteless

Crown Lager used to have a full flavour when I last drank one 10 years ago. Now it joins the ranks of crap beers.

Gordy
GordyDarwin

Packaging

What the hell is happening to Crown Lager cartons and 6 pack holders? The last 4 months every carton of Crown I've bought, the carton is nearly coming apart. Trying to save money on glue or is it recycled carboard? One local bottleshop has taken to taping the cartons so beers don't fall out when ya pick it up. Also you used to have to wrestle to get the bottles out of the 6 pack holder, twice last month I've grabbed a 6 pack form the fridge, carboard gave way and lost 2 bottles on the kitchen floor. Great when you've got grandkids roaming through the kitchen, I should send them a bill for my time wasted cleaning all the glass off the kitchen floor!!!

John Semens
John SemensTownsville

Didn't do the job

Met up with my online "kayaking" buddies for the first time and bought a carton.
Couldn't have been more disappointed.
I personally won't touch the stuff anymore and now exclusively drink Chang.
There's nothing better than a cold Chang after a long hard kayaking session with the lads.

What has happened to crown lager

Crownies seem to have lost its hoppy creamy flavour, it's become a pretty ordinary drink. no longer a premium beer

go back to non-twistoffs

I am a regular crown drinker. I have noticed that since the conversion to twist-off, some batches are flat and makes for unpleasant taste. The last case purchased was the worst.I don't know what to do about it -should I return it to the store I purchased it from or do I just cop it sweet?
Maybe I should change my brand.

Darren P.
Darren P.asked

I have read the comments on Crown lager and have to agree. I used to only drink Crown in the mid 90s to 2000. But I found that every now and then I would get a bottle that tasted like a cigarette butt had been put in it. To be honest I have to admit that I have gone off all Australian beer's / lager, due to feeling like crap the next day or the general taste. (VB, EMU, CARTON etc etc) Good old Heineken or most European larger or beer seems to have less of a hang over effect and tastes a lot better in my personal opinion. Or even American beer.

S Holmes

To reply to some comments including my own : I was / is a lover of Crown Lager, then a few months ago I got really gastro crook and blamed the beer. I was sure the taste had changed as well..To explain: Bacck in April I had my first cancer op, then a month or so later got heavily into chemo and radiation for about 4 months. I got told about 6 weeks ago that I have gone into remission and a couple of weeks ago I got my hair back The chemo never made be crook but after it was all over and back into the Crownies I started to get crook. Have since learnt that a savage attack of chemo can change various systems in your body including taste. I have just started a month of Dairy Free foods and if that doesn't solve the problem I will then start on a month of Gluten Free foods, which will include all the good beers I love..
I still believe Aussie beers are among the best in the world and Crown Lager being one of the best in Aussie, and I have been enjoying them for over 50 years. A lot of overseas beers have lower alcohol contents and can be drunk by the carton.
Crown Lager is BEST COLD, Drink it slow, enjoy the full bodied flavour. Don't guzzle it on a hot day, it is a full strength beer.

steve.
steve.asked

I just got a box of crownlager the taste of it i would not give to a pig

Nev Middleton
Nev Middleton

Crown Lager is an overpriced beer with a budget taste.

Sophie L.
Sophie L.

For some reason my Dad loves drinking Crown Lager. But 10% of the time we have issues seeing him fumble around with the flimsy light cardboard packaging...5% of the time a bottle will fall out and smash on the floor..
wondering who I can write to propose changing the packaging of the six-pack of crown lager. This would totally make my Dad’s 80th birthday in 18 months time.
Just wondering also WHY they don’t enclose the bear more in the cardboard at the bases , because the bottles are quite tall and wobbly out easily!
Thanks in advance