Crown Lager

Crown Lager

See the Best Regular Beer in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Colin

ColinCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Shocking

It is meant to be a lager and is very bitter.crown lager use to be fantastic but now it is clearly one of the worst.Unfortunately i still have 18 to drink but its going to be a battle.you seriously have to question if another brew is bottled under the crown name.

Purchased in April 2019 at Dan Murphy Ballarat for $44.00.

Ben

BenBrisbane

Puzzled by the marketing of this beer

Purchased in January 2019 at BWS Physical store for $5.00.

Garryt

GarrytLaunceston, TAS

Nice Beer. BUT.

Purchased in March 2019 at Dan Murphy's Physical store for $52.00.

Insipid and tasteless

Crown Lager used to have a full flavour when I last drank one 10 years ago. Now it joins the ranks of crap beers.

Gordy

GordyDarwin

Packaging

What the hell is happening to Crown Lager cartons and 6 pack holders? The last 4 months every carton of Crown I've bought, the carton is nearly coming apart. Trying to save money on glue or is it recycled carboard? One local bottleshop has taken to taping the cartons so beers don't fall out when ya pick it up. Also you used to have to wrestle to get the bottles out of the 6 pack holder, twice last month I've grabbed a 6 pack form the fridge, carboard gave way and lost 2 bottles on the kitchen floor. Great when you've got grandkids roaming through the kitchen, I should send them a bill for my time wasted cleaning all the glass off the kitchen floor!!!

John Semens

John SemensTownsville

Didn't do the job

Met up with my online "kayaking" buddies for the first time and bought a carton.
Couldn't have been more disappointed.
I personally won't touch the stuff anymore and now exclusively drink Chang.
There's nothing better than a cold Chang after a long hard kayaking session with the lads.

What has happened to crown lager

Crownies seem to have lost its hoppy creamy flavour, it's become a pretty ordinary drink. no longer a premium beer

go back to non-twistoffs

I am a regular crown drinker. I have noticed that since the conversion to twist-off, some batches are flat and makes for unpleasant taste. The last case purchased was the worst.I don't know what to do about it -should I return it to the store I purchased it from or do I just cop it sweet?
Maybe I should change my brand.

Judy

JudyBrisbane

Popular in our family!

Ok, the blokes in my family LOVE "Crownies!" It is definitely the beer of choice in our family gatherings and I honestly don't think I've ever seen some of them drink any other beer! You can get good specials on cases of Crown Lager in the supermarket/bottle shop, the taste is good, and it's an all round good beer! These buys don't drink beer, they drink "crownies!"

Screw top that need Hercules

Screw top that need Hercules! Why are these twist tops that hard that I need a bottle opener? Very frustrating!

why change??

Why change a recipe that has worked for years?? Tastes like home brew very disappointed, CUB lost sales when they changed VB did they not learn from that!!

Max

MaxGosford

Awfull Beer DO NOT BUY

Made the mistake of buying this disgusting beer today, couldn't even finish one bottle, gave me stomach cramps and felt bloated, also tasted extremely horrible, Im guessing it has some cheap and nasty preservative. AVOID.

W.F.

W.F.

the new packaging ? Cheap or what ?

I think crown lager is an excellent beer but i am disappointed in their new packaging.
Gone is the nice little carry box with the handle that holds 6 stubby's. This has been
replaced with a horrible cardboard wrapper that is open at each end. This is an accident
waiting to happen, because if you are not careful a stubby can easily fall out and break
on the floor. This is supposed to be Australia's "premier lager".?
If they wanted to save money, why not just wrap them up in glad wrap or use those
plastic rings like the old days?
WF

I'M a Disapointed Crown Regular - Bad batch Best before 26 November AVOID!

I have been drinking crownies for over twenty years. I was unfortunate enough to by the above batch which was undrinkable and like Brian's experience was flat and tasted like bad homebrew. One and a half bottles later i took them back and swapped, Same thing disgusting back again and found a box with Dec BBdate ...Yum. Get that batch off the market Carton! It will kill your business. It was back in my bottle-store today And the manager was trying to return it whens so I opted for Steinlager. Usually I would give 4 or 5 stars but that batch is worth minus 5. I'm being sentimental and generous here I'll give 1 and hope something is done .Thanks Brinkzy

Not happy

I bought two cartons recently and was so disappointed when I found most of the beers were flat and some had even broken due to the glass being weak, some were even half full, I love the beer but won't ever buy again, was up North wa when this happened otherwise I would have returned them, made for a very disappointing fishing trip.

Excellent beer my favourite. And to brian below get some muscles the bottle tops are very easy to screw off.

Disappointing

purchased 2 cartons on 26/1/14 for a party, most people complained that it was flat, tasted like home brew,bottle tops wouldn't screw off.Most got left as half bottles scattered around.I still have 1 carton unopened.This is very disappointing for what you bill as the best beer in Australia. I certainly wont buy it again.

Flat,bad taste, screw tops wouldn't work

Last Time for me

Was a great beer but lately quality & consistency has varied a lot!

Luka86

Luka86Adelaide

Nice

Crownie's are a nice beer - When on special - up to $45 at Dans - at this price I always buy it. It tastes really nice and is smooth as, The bottle looks nice and is unique. The beer is quite high in alcohol 4.9% for a standard lager. The flavour is smooth and a very nice drink. This beer is really good at $45 per carton (Dans prices) but would be overpriced at it's normal retail price - $60.
Great beer, nice flavour and good value when on special.- especially at Dans
Overpriced at most places when not on special