Crumpler Dry Red No. 5

See the Best Backpacks / Rucksacks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Tough backpack

I purchased from the official website and it was on sale with 70% off, so I am glad that I find this bag and love to have it because it has a nice style and is waterproof. I carry to the gym since then and other times it also can handle heavy duty, which is amazing.

Purchased in April 2019 at Crumpler for $45.00.

Solid backpack

It was initially observed in a forum where someone commented on the package and the evaluation was very good. I just need to change a bag, so I bought this one. This package does not look great but can hold a lot of things, is of good quality and strong, and most importantly it offers a lifetime warranty.

Crumpler bags and service

Crumpler bags are fantastic and their backup service is amazing. I have four Crumpler bags - Dry Red No.5 backpack, the Miner Upset satchel, Dry Red No.2 Boarding bag, and a lightweight backpack that I cant remember the name of.

The Dry red No.5 and No.2 are my choice for overseas travel and have done three trips to Japan backpacking around with only carry on luggage. The No.5 has just enough room to carry what you need without adding (or enabling) more weight.

The No.2 takes my DSLR with pancake lens, a spare lens and has a zipped spot inside for money/passport. This combo generally comes in just under 7kg for carry on.

What stands Crumpler apart is the after sales service. The stitching where the strap attaches on my no.2 came undone and needed repair. Sent Crumpler some close up photos, posted it down to them, they fixed it the next day and sent it back the day after. No charge!. And they kept me updated by email every step.

Very good bag, and water proof!

This is a very good bad for laptop and school/office use. I got it from Myer when they had 50% off. So only $115 which was very good value.

However, more and more people are using this bag so you may see the same bag on train and in office everyday:)

I use it daily to office and it has been wet and dry. My laptop is well protected and the documents inside are always dry.

I love it very much.

Massive design flaw

It has a side pocket for you laptop and it's hard to tell if it's zipped up. When I picked it up and hung only the left strap on my shoulder my mac book pro fell out and went slinding along the concrete and now has a huge dint. Don't buy!!!

Bloody Good Bag

Amazing Design
Waterproof material
Handy for all size loads
Expander is very useful
Front panel good for bits and pieces

Crumpler #5 Dry Red Backpack is the worst designed backpack ever

I bought this on the run in Brisbane, and initially liked the slim-line profile, good laptop padding and comfortable straps. I was annoyed that it didn't have exterior or side pockets for a water bottle or magazine...but was in a hurry so didn't weight this highly. However after a year of use I am ditching this bag because of the two side opening pockets. The front pocket is nearly useless - difficult to access unless you completely unzip it, and then anything not secured falls to the ground. It was too slim and not able to hold much. Worse though is the side-opening laptop pocket. Leave that unzipped when you pick it up, as I did once or twice and your laptop will fall out. That zipper can catch in clothes and unzip too. For a relatively expensive backpack it's just not worth it.
Comfortable straps
Side opening pockets - a design disaster