Davey HS Pressure Pump HS50-06T

Davey HS Pressure Pump HS50-06T

1.0

micksydney

Davey HP65-06T pump did not last the distance

Davey is an Australian company and I purchased their expensive product because I assumed it was quality and would last. Nothing was further from the truth.
The pump should have lasted 20-30 years as only used as a garden pump but failed in less than half that time.

When I talked to Davey I kept getting the "out of warranty" rhetoric with the company ducking responsibility and refusing to stand behind its substandard product.

There are much cheaper pumps on the market which cost a heck of a lot less money and probably last a lot longer than my Davey lemon. Consumers do not need over priced junk which fails to last the distance and then be confronted with a company which expects consumers to pay out again.

Purchased in October 2007 for $701.00.

michael r.

michael r.Sydney, NSW

A dud product and a company which had no interest

Purchased in October 2007 at Westys at Mangrove Mountain for $701.00.

Mr. Commonsense

Mr. CommonsenseHunter Region, NSW

Davey water pump pressure switch and pump

We have a brand new house and have only used their installed pump a max. of 7 hours in 3 years, and the Davey rainwater pump stopped working after 2 years, WELL inside the lifetime you would expect the pump and switch to last.
Unfortunately I didn’t do anything for another year.
So after 3 years from buying our home, I contacted their closest outlet for advice and all they wanted to do was sell me a replacement pump and switch without exception, basically, tough luck, boo hoo for you.
So I did some testing and bought a new pressure switch (NOT another Davey) for $40 on Ebay and fitted it to the pump myself.
Works like new.
Thanks Davey for saving me LOADS of $ :-)

Date PurchasedJune 2015
Water Pumps

Find out how Davey HS Pressure Pump HS50-06T compares to other Water Pumps

Waste of money

Pump was 4 weeks old plumber check it out, had a faulty pressure switch davey would not give warranty because he was not a davey agent. My advice buy one from ebay at least you can get refund with pay pal. I would never buy a davey pump ever again.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
JWB

JWBSouth Australia

Did not last, no customer service, poor quality product Avoid

Vinessen Mootoosamy

Vinessen Mootoosamyasked

Hi can a capacitor affect the water pump not to function?

mick

Who knows. Ask an electrician.

Peter Slater
Peter Slater

Yes the capacitor in all pump motors irrespective of brand can fail, and typically in simple terms this degrades the motors ability to “kick start” and get running when required. The motor often will stall and hum on start but not get spinning, hence no flow & no pressure. It is usually a simple fix best done by an electrical tradesman and usually does not require major stripdown. If in Melbourne try Slaterpumps Footscray 93144977