Dux Prodigy 4

Dux Prodigy 4 Questions & Answers

135ZB4N/135ZB4P (135L), 170ZB4N/170ZB4P (170L), 135ZL, etc...
Listing monitored by Dux

10 questions from our users

Andrew W.asked
Prodigy 4

My Prodigy 4 gas water heater is about 15 months old. Few weeks ago I noticed each time I open or close water tap a loud bang coming out from the heater. Definitely it is coming out from the heater and not from water pipe. Is the banging indicate any fault within the heater? Will hammer silencer installed outside the heater solve the problem or the heater should be inspect by a technician?
The model number is 135ZB4N.
I will appreciate your advise.
Kind regards Andrew

Hi Andrew,

We would like to resolve this issue as soon as we can.

So we can understand the specific details can you please email through your full name, productreview username, best contact number, address where the unit is installed and serial number to help@dux.com.au so we can call you back, talk through the issue and try and resolve it for you?

Andrew W.

Hi Did Team. Thank you for your prompt response.
My name is Andrew Wilczynski
Products review name Andrew W.
Contact number 0492888499
installation address 31 pridham street, maribyrnong, victoria.
Serial number 2002274500H
Kind regards
Andrew

Daniel G.
Daniel G.asked
Prodigy 4

Hay my prodigy 4 is about 4 years old and has a couple of faults, in fact when I went to light it to night, something went wrong and a huge burst of flames got my face and burnt off some of my hair and half my beard. Has this ever happened before???? And should I replace or try repair it thanks. Dan. !!!!!

Hi Daniel,

We'd be happy to assist you with your question.

If you can email through your name, phone number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au it will be great.

Irena M.asked
Prodigy 4

My Dux 135 l works fine until you turn it to 5 or 6 then it turns itself off? Why?

Hi Irena,

We are genuinely sorry this happened.

We have received your email about this issue together with the product details and your details as well.

I believed one of our staff already contacted you and warranty job has been raised. Please do let us know via email to help@dux.com.au after the agent attended the site and when the job is complete.

Irena M.

Yes, it's been sorted now, thank you, great customer service :)

Hi Irena,

Thanks for being patient to us and we're glad we were able to resolve the issue for you.

Claire S.
Claire S.asked
Prodigy 4 135ZB4N/135ZB4P (135L)

Our HWS has recently started making loud banging noises when HWS is being used in the house. It is not water hammer, is louder than the rumbling sound that can occur with gas systems due to sediment accumulation and the noise is definitely coming from the unit. The hot and cold water valves have been regularly released and the system was installed just under 3 years ago by our regular, professional plumber.
Having lived in a variety og homes with a variety of HWS, we have never experienced this before and can't accept that it is 'normal'.
Claire

Hi Claire,

We are genuinely sorry this happened and look forward to resolving with you.

So we can understand the specific details can you please email through your full name, productreview username, best contact number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number to help@dux.com.au so we can call you back, talk through the issue and try and resolve it for you?

Smail Dukicasked

Hav much cost.

hotk_dpesdimaqg
hotk_dpesdimaqg

$842 @ Bunnings currently.

Hi Smail,

Thanks for your question.

If you can email through your best contact number and address to help@dux.com.au for us to give you a call it will really help us get a response for you.

Thank you so much.

Arthurasked
Prodigy 4 135ZB4N/135ZB4P (135L)

I was told by senior staff at Bunnings Cranbourne that it was mandatory to install a safety valve to add asafety valve when installing aDux Prodigy 4. What is this valve and what does it do?

Hi Arthur,

Thanks for raising that question.

All storage water heaters - Gas or Electric - are supplied with a Pressure & Temperature Relief Valve, which the plumber fits during installation.

Fitting of any other valves will be subject to local plumbing codes.

Cheers,

Arthur

Where will I find these valves ? In fact this plumber removed an existing valve from the previous unit and put it in his tool bag . Where is the duo valve you charged me $66.00 installed ? The unit I bought from Bunnings Cranbourne was adveretised for $847.00 - Total amount charged $1262.00 - the man was here for less than half an hour .

Arthur

Answer my questions above .

barbie
barbieasked
Prodigy 4

we had a new system put in and our pressure is not good

Jacky S.
Jacky S.

I haven't had any issues personally. Ours is normal, strong flow. We didn't even have teething issues. It was put in by a plumber and worked immediately. Sorry I can't help further.

Joe C
Joe C

We had one fitted recently and we are happy with all aspects of it's operation. it is doing everything it is built to do. pressure is excellent.

Hi Barbie,

Our team would like to speak with you at your earliest convenience so we can get this sorted.

So we can locate your details easier can you email through your full name (state this username as well), best contact number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au?

jaime r.asked
Prodigy 4

why is brown water shown in the hot water tap?

jaime r.

why is brown water shown in the hot water tap

Mel
Mel

We had brown water soon after the plumber changed the unit. He left the water to run maybe for a minute until it cleared. Since then we had never had brown water.

Hi Jaime,

Typically brown or discoloured water coming out of the hot water tap may indicate that sediment in the hot water lines is flushing through, or there has been contamination of the water supply source (particularly after heavy rain or if there's construction near by).

If the tank is old, it could be starting to rust as the enamel layer breaks down in part over time, and the exposed steel section of the inner cylinder begins to rust. This could be an indication that your tank is on the way out, and it may be time to consider replacing your current system.

If you send your contact and water heater model details through to help@dux.com.au, we can arrange for a Service Agent to visit your site and inspect the unit.

Thanks,

Ally
Allyasked
Prodigy 4

Where abouts is the polite light?

Anthony827
Anthony827asked
Prodigy 4

Can the 135 litre prodigy 4 lay down for transport? My local Bunnings (Seven Hills) guy wouldn't let me load one in the back of my station wagon, insisting the package must be upright at all times to avoid damage to the tank and fittings inside the carton. All the plumbers in my area have vans and there is no way a tank can stand up in a van. Now I have to contact an installer in the middle of the christmas break who will buy the tank at trade price and still charge me $250 plus to do a clean swap over of my old hardie dux system.

Dux H.Dux

Hi Anthony , Thank you for your feedback .All our units need to be transported at 90 degrees as they have a sacrificial anode which can break during transportation if layed down. Hope this information has been useful and if you need any further information please contact us on 1300 365 115 .

Regards
Dux Hot Water

Get an answer from our members and Dux representatives

Dux Prodigy 4