eHarmony

eHarmony

See the Best Online Dating Sites in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Real Life MeetupYes (9%) · No (91%)
  • Interested in:
    • Male (33)
    • Female (15)

GO FF KK

GO FF KK

Scam scam and scam

In one of the adds a girl says
I want to meet some one to take me on a adventure of a life time
IS THAT ALL SHE WANTS A TRIP ON A MAN'S EXPENSES
she does want a TRUE relationship

Gillian

Gillian

Do not waste your time or money with this bunch of scammers

Joanne

JoanneVictoria

Scammed by eHarmony

Prices for membership confusing and misleading. Signed up for 3 months but they charged for 12 months. Straight away contacted them to cancel as it said it had to be cancelled within 3 days. They didn't respond for 3 days then said it was too late. I opened a dispute with PayPal then they said only people in particular states in USA were eligible for refund but my payment went to eHarmony Australia Pity. Ltd. PayPal ruled in my favour & refunded me.

Kieran

Kieran

They scammed me

Susan D.

Susan D.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Over promises and under delivers

A few years ago I joined eharmony and met some great people. This wasn't the case this time. As many others have said on this forum, it is expensive, impossible to cancel unless they've got at least six months out of you and the matches were poor at best. I'd rather stay single than waste my money on eharmony.

Don’t do it

I was drawn in by the ad
I thought paying for the service might give better quality matches
I was looking for men
I had very little matches and no messages, it made me feel really crappy. Then I joined POF and got heaps of messages. And it’s free.
I also tried to cancel after a day but was denied a refund. Poor customer care. I wish I had done my research first! It’s not worth the money.

Negative customer service

After falling for the TV advertisement of a free to join deal, I logged on to see what this eharmony was all about. I can not express my disappointment with the service. A full amount of $166 was deducted from my account 7 days after which then made me fall outside the Cancellation Policy period. As soon as becoming aware of the deduction I requested a refund, along with deleting the app and logged out of the service. I was advised this was not possible as it was outside the 3 day cancellation period.
I would not recommend eHarmony to anyone...many other sites are free to join and easy to cancel.

Waste of time and money

Soo disappointed in this site. Had to sign up for a year before being able to see the features. Immediately after was extremely disappointed and wanted to cancel within two hours. Was informed I would need to continue to pay for 1 year without even asking what I was so disappointed with. Almost as if they knew better than to ask. Waste of time.

Sara

SaraMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Can't cancel my subscription

I tried to cancel my subscription but they keep taking money out of my account. I just want it to stop and will never use this dating site again ever ever again.

Save yourself

Worst ever platform. Lying profiles that doesn't match and force sign up for a year. Save yourself and go out and meet people with the membership money. Don't know how the owners of this business live with themselves!

BenCentral West, NSW

$400.00

There’s a pay wall with the cheapest package being $400 for six months and I suspect they’re also taking your information and selling it to advertisers too because I don’t think many people would actually pay $400 for this crap.

Jessica Lesheim

Jessica LesheimGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Practically ZERO for LGBTIQ People/non-existent refund policy for most of the world.

I am a woman and was looking for women. Within an hour of signing up I found myself emailing them to get my money back. There were only 9 potential matches within the Whole of Victoria, only 2 with high match scores over 100. And half of the 9 had no profile picture.

Given I contacted them within an hour of signing up to cancel my membership, I obviously assumed getting my money refunded would not be a problem. Wrong. They have confirmed that I must pay the whole year and I am not eligible for a refund. I am allowed to cancel the membership but I still have to pay the whole year. Worst money ever spent. Im considering cancelling the card that they are direct debiting, I feel THAT ripped off.

Olivia

OliviaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst customer service ever!!!

Resubscribed and changed of mind after 3 hours. Looking for man. Expecting to find true love but they sent men that are unmatched. I have decided to resubscribed after 6 months of disappointments but changed my mind after 3 hours. requested for cancellation after 3 hours but they do not allow it. Worst than retail industry. If people changed their mind after 1 month and asking for full refund and they dont accept it, I will understand. But I requested for cancellation after 3 hours. Not even half day and they do not allow it. Worst service ever. Any abusive relationships are not acceptable. But this company is abusing consumers rights and theres nothing we can do about it. Worst services ever.

Scammers

Was drawn in by the ads, thought paying money would be a bonus.
Only 2 people who contacted me ended up being scammers from overseas! Reported both to scam watch and left the site.
Dont go there!!!!!

Sarah8134

Sarah8134Sydney, NSW

Do NOT Subscribe to eHarmony It Is A Trap

Real Life MeetupNo

Would be ok if free. Has potential but major shortcomings that make it not worth paying for

Below is the matches I get. You have to click on them to actually see the photo.
Also you can't do any sort of search, other than ethnicity, religion, height, and distance. Want to search for someone with similar interests as you? Nope, not an option.
For me adventurous spirit is everything, yet I keep getting 95% compatibility rating with obese girls with zero mutual interests. You have faaar better luck with free apps like Bumble

Real Life MeetupYes

Literally a con

False advertising at it's finest. This is the worst app and this is after the update! Data remains unentered so everyone looks fake. Spent 200$ for 6 months as a special and it was not worth it. Got maybe one or two likes from people that I was not compatible with. There are way better apps out there. Try them first.

HellsMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Never Join Eharmony

Eharmony you are a Rip off, you dupe your customers to sign up getting sucked into 12months, why would someone want a 12month contract if they found love in 3months or just didn't find the site working for them, they should be able to cancel anytime and only pay for the time they were on it. SHAME ON YOU, I hope we can get the word out that you are not worthy and to go on TINDER so much better and they don't rip you off!!

Terence W.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Give it less than 1 if I could

I was too, duped by ad's. I joined and gave up bothering after 2 weeks. $ $ IF YOU JOIN ONLY PAY WITH PAY PAL ! ! You can halt the auto repayment with a click on the pay pal site, as soon as you join e blah blah, then go click on no more authorised payments = done. Now they are losing money if you also advise others.

Simply Rubbish

The t.v ad goes " every 14 minutes someone finds love on e-hormomey. I would say every 14 minutes someone is fooled by e-hormomey! This site is simply rubbish at inflated prices. There are tons of other apps that perform much better at a fraction of the cost. False advertising drew me to the platform. Expectations not met and I cancelled but then charged a second round of 6 month without my authority, there is no way that you can stop them from taking your money or ask for a refund. I was looking for women.

Jenna B.asked

I tried to cancel eHarmony within 24hrs after subscribing but they won’t cancel my future payments and say that I owe them monthly payments for the next year- which I don’t want to pay, I want the account closed and subscription cancelled. Their subscription plans are NOT clear, and I want out of it. If I block eharmony from taking money out of my paypal account, will they take it further? (I.e. legal action) or will they just close my account? Does anyone have experience in this area?

R A

Unfortunately you can try but it appears they can and will still take money out. If you close the account they could potentially still come after you. The contract is definitely NOT clear. I emphasize the not because I was also suckered into it. I have reported them to ACCC. Sadly I think that is all you could do at this point.

Jenna B.

Ugh. Okay, that’s what I figured as well. Thank you for your answer!

Ben

Just block them, if they take legal action then fight them, they shouldn’t get away with their scummy business practices

Hellsasked

If you stop your PayPal payments to Eharmony can they take it further if you agreed to a contract?

Terence W.

NO. The " so called contract " just more tripe. THEY ! State you can stop authorised payments at any time, ( in the lol " contract " ) IF YOU DONT, then ! the auto goes into effect. Had people contacted their banks and had halted the auto payment after the first initial payment there would be no auto. IE; Hi bank, I'd like to stop auto payments from - - - from MY account please, YOUR BANK CAN'T SAY NO, your not the boss of me, I'll let them do whatever till YOU sort it out. YOUR BANK CONTROLS YOUR ACCOUNT NOT E F ING HARMONY( sorry ) lol. They say OK mr/miss i'll do that now for you, mmm, DONE, that will take effect shortly, etc etc. Hope that helps

Thanks for your answer lol, I just realised it is my MasterCard Account

lyn

lynasked

Does anyone have suggestions which counter the quality advertising eharmony does?