eHarmony

eHarmony

1.5

• Interested in
  • Real Life MeetupYes (9%) · No (91%)

Absolutely deceitful

They scam you with huge autorenewal charges and do not reply to emails when you try to cancel. Their database is more deserted than Chernobyl. There is no phone number for contact and no one replied to emails. I hope karma catches up with the shysters at eharmony

Elizabeth S.

Elizabeth S.Sydney, NSW

SCAM SCAM SCAM

I have reported them to ACCC. They have a 3 day cooling period in their T&C but they refused to refund me when I cancelled within 3 days. Their database has non-active people who can't contact you. Their expensive prices means there is not many people there at all. Don't get scammed!

Michael K.

Michael K.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Massive scam and it is nearly impossible to cancel your subscription.

Cancellation of subscription is a massive hurdle. It can't be done via website, only in writing. All the matches don't align with your criteria and none of the matches respond.

Ray C.

Ray C.Sydney, NSW

Unscrupulous Business! Close them down!

No one on the site or closed profiles. Not one answers. Complained to eharmony and never heard back. Fake advertisement full of fake promises. I have called Fair Trading. I hope they will be closed down.

Not a happy customer

Not a happy customerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

WOULD RATE 0 IF I COULD

Do not fall for the subscription trap. You cannot get out of the 'contract' when though their terms and conditions states you can get a 3 day refund. They do not cancel your account even if you email them.

I emailed them only 30 minutes of subscribing to only receive a 'bot like' email stating that my request was denied. I replied stating the circumstances and again, got a bot like reply. I emailed them twice afterwards and now they don't even reply to my emails. An absolute scam!! I would avoid it at all costs.

Gender Male

Total Waste of Time and Seriously unusable app - Money Making Scam !

So many same comments about having to keep paying $100s even when needing to delete account - I have been emailing for weeks, and have threatened with ombudsman - and now I see I should go ahead and get them involved. This dating app was not only completely useless (came up with matches outside my preferneces even - where are they even getting them from ??!!), but this has been designed to suck people in. Shameful money making scam !

Donkey kong

Donkey kongGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

perfect

Yes u have to pay. But if your serious about finding a relationship and take a bit of time u can find someone on this side. People are jus mad because there either gold diggers or wont someone in five minutes.

Real Life MeetupYes
Nathan H.

Nathan H.

Seems dead, Ultimately a scam on the desperate.

Karen H.

Karen H.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Financial rip off

You can’t see or amend your subscription in the app. The auto renew your subscription and you cannot stop it from the app, you get no notification. You get slugged a 12 month subscription which is over $500 . Disgusting

Wilfred G.

Wilfred G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Sneaky and unfair

Terrible product and experience

The positioning of this product as a website for people looking for genuine long term relationships drew me to eHarmony and I committed to it for 6 months. The quality of men on this website was terrible. If they were people genuinely looking for long term relationships they would make more of an effort. Dress more tidily, offer better quality information and photos. Many many of them not even posting a photo. I opened up all criteria as suggested by customer care, essentially lifting every limitation I had placed on race, height, education, location and religion. This made very little difference. They say they've removed the auto-renew on my account. I certainly hope so based on the other reviews written here.
Avoid this site I say.

Never never again!

I canceled auto-renew (and in doing so i was locked out of the very services i paid for!) if you don't cancel it will automatically turn over and renew your membership, in which if you don't realise in time you can't cancel and are then locked in for another period.
Beware!

GNF

GNFSouth East Queensland, QLD

Outright Theft

I paid a 6 month subscription and i need to cancel auto-renew but info being provided is that, in doing so i'll be locked out of the very services i paid for. Calling this a rip off is an understatement, its outright theft
p.s the one star isn't even worth it.

Brian C.

Brian C.Sydney, NSW

wish i had read these reviews before handing over money

eharmony has no active members on their database, they are all expired members who can't contact you at all. Their terms and conditions say you have a 3 day cooling off period but when I cancelled within 3 days they wouldn't refund me with no explanations at all. Avoid at all costs.

Sara

SaraMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Avoid this site at all “cost”!

I was drawn to eharmony by the supposed science of matching, etc. As with everyone else, went through the lengthy process of filling out information, thinking this would be genuine and beneficial. The first 2 weeks I received notifications from eharmony and then nothing. As with others experiences, the only interest I received was from probable scammers. I tried to cancel my subscription but they keep taking money from you. I cancelled my credit card and then the money was drawn from PayPal. They suck you in for the first month with so called “matches” and then you receive no more notifications, but they continue to take your money. If they were an Australian company they would be banned from operating. Disgraceful!

kaylee

kayleeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

EHarmony is a disgusting rip off

Please read carefully before purchasing as they are locking you into a 12 month contract paying hundreds of dollars regardless. Clearly they have no faith in matching you with someone to have to lock you in for 12 months!
Say you did meet someone in the first month, what are you paying for the extra 11 for? It's a company aimed at making the creators richer and praying on those looking for love. I don't think you can get much lower than that. You are far better off going on Tinder or Bumble, it's free and MUCH better quality in choices! Shame on you eHarmony!

Gorgeous

GorgeousPerth, WA

Australian Customers - beware of deceptive, dubious "terms of conditions"

Real Life MeetupNo

Not many people on it, expensive, and poor customer service

I tried going on this on a free weekend. After a long series of questions there were only a couple of matches on there. The filters I used wernt strict either, just a non-smoker within a reasonable distance in a big city. Also a friend of mine tried to cancel the auto subscription, but they wouldn't refund her money. Sure she was a tad late in cancelling it, but they could at least do a partial refund like other places. Use something free like Bumble instead.

Real Life MeetupNo

Awful customer service, will take money for two years

• +11
Jen

JenHunter Region, NSW

Unethical and Greedy company

Not a happy customer

Not a happy customerasked

I was sucked into a 2 year contract and paying monthly. I emailed them back about the subscription to cancel within 30 minutes of subscribing. They responded and denied the request and told me to refer to the Ts and Cs, which clearly states a 3 day refund. I emailed them back to only receive the same "bot like" email. Now they don't reply to my emails anymore. I have contacted PayPal about the issue and they are unable to cancel the recurring payments. However, I am wanting to cancel and request a new bank card from my bank so they can't take anymore money, has anyone done this before and has it caused any issues with eHarmony or the bank?

Would love to hear back or other possible solutions!

foxyleese23
foxyleese23

That is exactly what I am thinking of doing today.

Sophie B.
Sophie B.

same this happened to me too

Jodie c

Jodie casked

Why can't I c my messages even though I have spent over $200 on this site for the first time ???

Taylorasked

If you signed up to the contract can they take it further if you don't pay?

Hannah
Hannah

Hi,

I’m not sure. I would assume they will just keep trying to take it out of your bank account until the full amount is paid.
I have previously signed up and deleted my account within 30 minutes and they refused to refund me even though there policy states that they would.
I would honestly just avoid unless you can get a free trial

Taylor

I got sucked into the 2 year contract but I cancelled my debit card so they would stop taking money out but I told them to turn off the auto renewal subscription just wondering if they would take it further if I didnt pay

Philip L.
Philip L.

Taylor contact consumer affairs an make a formal complaint and seek advice

Other Online Dating Sites