Elite Singles

Elite Singles

See the Best Online Dating Sites in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Real Life MeetupYes (29%) · No (71%)
  • Interested in:
    • Male (24)
    • Female (15)

jimjim

jimjim

Avoid Elite Singles at all costs - money trap

Automatic subscription renewals without notification which I never worked out how to cancel. Extremely difficult to cancel. Limited connectivity - no chat option. Expensive. Poor or non-existent and somewhat threatening customer service, with limited direct connections to home office in Germany.

Review sites saying this is a good site may be written by paid reviewers.

Awful website.

Most profiles have no photos and minimal one word replies to a few questions. "What makes you laugh?" Comedy. "What are you passionate about?" Life. I suspect they are robots or they outsource the writing of profiles to pad out the numbers. Profiles are full of basic spelling mistakes and often the same mistake over several profiles which suggests the same person wrote them all. Lots of blokes seemed to like 'dinning out' for a few weeks. Wish I'd read these reviews before I signed up.

Sam P

Sam PMelbourne

Complete waste of money and time

- Most people don't upload photos
- Very few people bother to fill out their profile fully
- The 'quality' of people on the platform was lower overall
- The quantity of people on the platform was lower overall
- You will consistently receive matches that ignore specific requirements (E.g. located far away outside of set range, different religion)
- The functionality of the platform is poor.
- Incredibly expensive.
--> Save your time and money! Go elsewhere.

Stephanie

StephanieSydney, NSW

Unsafe and total rip off

I was sexually assaulted and 90% of the men are fake, can’t cancel my subscription or get a refund. It’s not user friendly either. And no reply email from elite.

Real Life MeetupYes

Automatic renewal despite cancellation months ago

I paid for a 6 month premium subscription and it was not a good app. Also, the app itself is clunky and not user friendly.
I requested a cancellation last Sept 2019, cancelled subscription on the app and my google play account. I recently I was charged an automatic renewal. Disputed it immediately with the customer care team and they refuse to refund me. Now I cant seem to get my follow up emails through to their customer care team.
It is terrible service and I have had to cancel my card linked to this company as I fear I will be robbed in 6 months time again.

mike

mikePerth, WA

Don't even bother

Joined up but it was " inferred" that there were "monthly payments"

To my shock and horror they took out the yearly fee in one hit of $599.00

Avoid like the plague...

And now I am battling to cancel membership...

People must do their homework here or you will be severely conned

Bryson R.

Bryson R.Sydney, NSW

Expensive, clunky, useless

The worst of the worst. It’s comparatively clunky, expensive and useless. Don’t bother, just about every other dating app runs circles around elite. Elite has forgotten my password several times where I’ve reset it then wait hours just for password reset link to arrive via email. Some very outdated algorithms top off the crappy performance.

HonoraC

HonoraCSouth East Queensland, QLD

Their algorithm is a total joke

You indicate your preference is male and, guess what, 98% of matches are female. The funny thing is that these women are obviously on the same page as me, but the database failed to include the gender bit in the results. Matching for this dating site is a total disaster. I am thankful I haven’t paid any money for such ineptitude.

Tabitha M.

Tabitha M.South East Queensland, QLD

False advertisement

No different to any other dating app. You sign up thinking you'll meet someone who is "Elite" but they are no different to other apps which have not so charming people on them. The number of profiles without photo's dramatically outweighed the profiles with photo's and the app didn't want to work properly. Was on it less than 12 times, what a waste of money.

Jen

JenSydney, NSW

This site should be shut down

I paid a significant amount of money thinking that this might help ensure that I got some serious options. I have been inundated with contact from people who don't even nearly fit my preferences and are clearly completely unsuitable. I went on one date with a guy that was obviously gay and was in denial, so thought attempting dating females might help turn him. No buddy, it doesn't work like that, stop wasting my time. I think I prefer to die single and alone then go though any more ridiculous dates.

Anonymous

AnonymousSydney, NSW

Total Scam!! / Expensive/ No Refunds/ Inaccurate Matches

I was conned my Elite Singles and was extremely unhappy by their service.

1) Elite Singles sets your subscription on automatic renewal. If you do no know this and do not change setting, they will renew and debit your account without any warning or authorisation. They then refuse to refund your money!!

2) Pricing is extremely expensive for service offered.

3) Matches are far from close to your preferences and location. It is not filled with academics.

I found this dating site to be the WORST I have ever used! And the most expensive.

ABCD

ABCD

Not academic. The most profile is full of non-academic background

Unfortunately, a lot of members are non-academic. Do you think it is really worth to pay?? Most of your daily matches are full of non-academic. If you filter by your preferences from the rest (a few academic), no one there!

Daz

DazSydney, NSW

It's too expensive for the state of service on offer.

SallyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Absolute scam!!

This website is a complete scam. It promises so much and delivers so little. My profile clearly states men of a certain age and within 50k's from where I live. So far I have had so far are men right outside my age preference and from the other end of the country to where I live. Despite numerous emails to complain about it, the site has done nothing to rectify it.
Do not waste your money because Elite Singles are taking it under false pretenses and there is nothing Elite about most of the people on this site let me tell you!!!

AMELIA J.

AMELIA J.Perth, WA

It's a scam.

You spent an hour to answer the questions and then they would ask for membership payment, otherwise, you can't see the message or the picture of the person messaged you. It's a scam.

If I could give no stars I would

This website is a scam. They mislead you on pricing - they are the most expensive that I have experienced - and then make it very difficult to cancel the membership. It's a tedious process to cancel and that will be so they can scam more money from a user. Unlike every other dating website, a membership cannot be cancelled online. Unless the membership is a non-paying one, then it can be done easily - what does that say about the greedy owners of that site? STAY AWAY!

Em. J

Em. J

This is a terrible site and not worth the money. Don't do it!

The site itself doesn't work well. It always "hangs" and it's full of glitches. It continually matches me to people who live hundreds of kms away, even though I have updated my settings. I do
not actually believe there are many real people at all on this site. Just fake pictures and profiles. Save your money.!!

Royalmint

RoyalmintPerth, WA

Ghost Profile

Joined as a trial, so far great, as soon as I parted with my money, it went south, with what I considered fake, ghosts, unsuitable offerings 15 days later I cancelled this service, please note Silver Singles is linked

Crapish

I wanted to chat but didn't get anyone local, a chat room would be good coz I like to banter, chat room good to banter with folks then make friends I think

Scam site

I only wish I had read all the reviews here. Totally agree with every experience all reviewers had. I believe the profiles are fake and there is no relation to preferences . I now have read world wide reviews stating the same experiences. Feeling totally ripped off for the 6 month subscription. Do NOT consider this site.

Jodie L.

Jodie L.asked

I have found that the majority of my matches have no photos.
They say to ask for a photo.
This I think is so stupid and allows players to thrive.
Yes, expensive for so little.
Do you agree??

Sally

Elite singles is a total rip off. Dont waste your money! I keep getting men presented to me from interstate which is completely useless & they are usually about 10 years older than I am looking for. I have paid $100+ for the membership & have had absolutely no value whatsoever out of it. So I have put it down to experience & have absolutely nothing good to say about this site! Pretty annoyed!!!

pathetic

patheticasked

So can I put a block on my card or should I order a new card to prevent them renewing my membership

Sally

Id put a block on your card for them. The site is useless & a total rip off. It used to be good a few years ago but not the case now.

Cat
Cat

I agree-a few years ago I had no problems with them. Now...I paid for a subscription which suddenly stopped access to the website after a few hours. It took 7 emails to get them to admit they had provided ‘a wrong account name’ and have agreed to fix the error for me...however, they refuse to send more than one email a day to me, so I’ve now been waiting 7 days for this error to be fixed. Such a waste of money!

Disappointed

Disappointedasked

Has anyone taken this dodgy company on under Australian consumer standards?

Jo O.
Jo O.

I'd like to, they are threatening me with legal action if I don't pay the renewal subscription (wtf), I haven't been in for ages (this is a trap). I don't knbow where to go from here...