2ESSSuper

3.3
3.6

Greg H
Greg H3 posts

Investigating why my account was subject to such low interest

Consultant was polite and concise. He explained the answer to my question clearly. I was disappointed with the interest rate applied to my superannuation and do feel I need this explained clearly ( 5% only!!) Show reply
Paul
Paul50 posts

Sandra
SandraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC5 posts

when help is needed

I found the help that I received was invaluable, any queries? Contact ESS. Show reply
Frustrated Purchaser
Frustrated PurchaserGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC4 posts

Hour Wait. Solution Not Carried Out

Consultant checked my ID and said my request would be carried out in a few days. Never done. Another person rang me a week later and asked for my detaild but how can I confirm who they are. I have to ring back on the original number!
Greg
GregGippsland, VIC

The last meeting was most helpful

The consultant's that I have had meetings with have always advised me and have not forced me down a path that I did not wish to go. Show reply
Jimmy Hafesjee
Jimmy HafesjeeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Document request for Centrelink purpose

My request was attended to satisfactorily and the requested documentation was sent promptly to me. Show reply
Mary-Ellen
Mary-EllenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Great. Feeling safe

Our visit to the ESSSuper office was well worth it. We were very confident that we had made the right choice. Thanks for your help. Show reply
Annette H.
Annette H.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointing

Advisor was patient however I felt, because it was a first, “free” session that not much actual information was given. The cost of what the fund was asking for financial advice was prohibitive for me. I believe I can myself research much of what information I was seeking. I have been with ESSSuper since I began my career decades ago. I have previously felt very supported and the performance of the fund was satisfactory. The educator at the fund was really helpful but now I am a crossroads of where to put my superannuation.
Bryan C.
Bryan C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC
  Fair Incentive

Don't give your money to a financial institution to manage

I was told that my annuity pension wasn't accessible under any circumstances. I took it out in 2015 because I didn't trust any other financial institution. I lost $135,000 during the global financial crisis when my life insurance and 50% of my superannuation was managed by colonial first state. In 2015 there was nothing left in the fund. Show reply
Insurance Options
Income Protection
Mou
MouGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts

ESS review

Very helpful, patient and clearly expressed. Would love to speak to the same centre staff member again. Show 2 replies
Paul B.
Paul B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC11 posts

not happy

I joined ESSSuper because I am the wife of a retired police officer. I would not like to guess how many messages I have sent to assist in setting up my super into an income stream. This situation has been going on for approximately 4 years. At one stage I lodged a complaint only to be told somebody from ESSSuper would be in touch to assist. Approximately 12 months and no contact. If you expect help in your retirement, think again.
Duggy B
Duggy BGoulburn Valley, VIC2 posts

Chandramohan
ChandramohanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Slow to respond

I requested a date to meet a financial advisor and I was told that they will ring me later but up to now no response
Sylvia
SylviaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Won't support you when you need them

Up until today, I have been really happy with ESS Super.
Sadly, when you are in dire straights, asking for assistance from the Super Annuation people falls onto deaf ears - why, because you don't have Centrelink payments. It is sad that everything is linked to Centrelink.
Jock
JockGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts
  Fair Incentive

great system have been with this fund over twenty years and would not entertain another

I am in this fund because my husband is a retired paramedic and I will inherit when he passes Show reply

Petch
Petch

High I was seriously thinking of joining ESSSuper until I read the reviews especially when you retire or just about to retire that there is very poor communication between company and clients, I then decided to give your company a miss. I believe that this company should be held responsible for positive client outcomes as after years of hard work we deserve a comfortable retirement without getting pushed aside..

Michelle
Michelle

Why can't I access the online portal when I am putting in the correct member number and password? Why isn't there an option to get an email or code to update the password. I need to access last year's benefit statement.

Tubbs

How can we contact you? Every time I call I wait for over an hour on hold and then hang up. Emails go unanswered. Service has dropped to such a low standard here, I wish I could take my money out, but I am forced to stay under the defined benefit law. Why can't we have freedom of choice of fund like every other employee??

Tubbs

I wish wait times were 15m. Its never been this quick when I call. It is so hard to get in touch with anyone there. I am ready to give up.

ESSSuper   DM

Hi Tubbs We apologise that this has been your experience and understand your frustration. Please try again through our Member Service Centre (1300 650 161 - 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday).
Sincerely, ESSSuper