ESSSuper

ESSSuper

See the Best Industry Super Funds in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Wawny

WawnyHighton

Can take from up to 10 days to a month to change accounts

In this time of internet and "rapid responses", for me to change my account holdings from, say "Shares" to "Balanced" accounts, I have to have the change in by the 20th of the month for it to be initiated by the first of the month. A lot can, and did, happen in this gap and I lost a significant percentage. Other Supetrs have next day actions

An ethical business??????????

RobbedCarrum

Disgraceful Organisation

John

JohnMelbourne

ESSSuper keeps 55% of payout.

My sisters death benefit was $420,000. I was the sole beneficiary (nominated by my sister). They offered me $195,000 because I wasn't the spouse or a dependant child. So anyone in this scheme, who is a widow or widower at the time of their death, and has children over 18yrs old, will receive 45% of their earnings for their inheritance.

Mal

MalMelbourne

This product is good compared with other funds

I have 3 funds including ESSS. In the lean years it tends to do better than the others but not as good as the others in the good years. It comes in at 7% return. It is a nice safe balance. You should look at a fund's performance over at least 5 years and not get distressed in the lean years such as this one.

Going Broke

Going BrokeMelbourne

Poor Performing Fund.

I have to agree with Janine, the performance of this fund is below par. The last 2½ months have been terrible. You lose money when you rollover into this fund. Great as a defined benefit but abandon ship when you retire. I would love to ask a couple of 5 star raters how their fund is performing against benchmark funds, they may change their minds.
They also have poor communication standards. 5 to 10 days to reply to a simple email is appalling.

Ahhhhhh Retirement.

Ahhhhhh Retirement.Victoria

Never Had a Problem

Member from the start. Never had a problem and do all of my transactions online. My investment was transferred to an accumulation account several years ago and it if there is a fault they appear to be slightly conservation in their investments.

GreyGuru

GreyGuru

Good from our perspective

Janine

Janine

Not impressed with this fund

Took a 54/11 pension which I think is absolutely fantastic. But I put in $540,000 of our my money into the Accumulation Fund in Feb 2015.I have since paid an annual fee of almost $4,000 and have lost $3000 of my own money. I have actually lost on my capital since transferring. Would have been better to leave in Term Deposit in the bank. Be very, very, very careful!!!! My other gripe is that there is not a forum on the website to discuss issues and there is nowhere to write a review and that is why I am writing this. Very disappointed in the way this company invests its investors money. Ok if you are still working, not so good after your retire. Poor performance!!!! Would never recommend putting your own money into this fund.

Pukeyluke

PukeylukeMelbourne

Easy to Join, difficult to leave.

Fantastic member relationships!

ESSSuper experienced, friendly staff go out of their way to support members. Their information sessions, both group forums and individual sessions, give members practical and timely information. I would recommend any members who need support to call them!
Knowledgable, supportive & efficient

Philip V.

Philip V.asked

Has anyone from ESSSuper explained why the fees have quadrupled over the past 3 or 4 years? I'm in the Accumulation Fund and paid $820 in fees for a balance of around 320,000 in 2017. In 2018/19 I have been charged $3,796 in fees with only a $45,000 increase in my balance. How did this gross increase happen without members creating an enormous stink?

Bev O.

Bev O.asked

What happens to the rest of my dad's super as I am his benafactor don't they have to pay out what's left over ..if any was.?

Robbed

My understanding is that they should be paying any outstanding amounts into his estate .

tylesasked

I have my superannuation in ESSS accumulation fund. My wife has hers in another fund which paid more than 4% higher return for the previous financial year than ESSS. Can anyone tell me why ESSS returns are so much lower than other funds? They say that they are a "Platinum Fund" but what does that mean? It must be just a title meaning something else. Maybe the colour of their brochures or likes. The returns are certainly not platinum, Gold or anything near that.

My wife's super account is also in another fund and also appears to have a higher return than ESSS. The reason for this appears to be that most accounts in super funds are High Growth. ( Make some inquiries ) You take the risk of good returns as against the higher losses. I originally had my investment split between Balanced / Growth. Early last year I put it all in Growth and the benefits were noticeable. If I had of gone to High Growth it would have been even more substantial. The share market seems to go 'dormant' between April to September and becomes more active between Sept to March. You can change your investment at anytime and online at ESSS. Check the returns and you will find ESSS, and I still maintain they are a little bit conservative, are quiet comparable to all other funds. Hope this helps.

tyles

I had taken this into account and checked the returns on the 'Balanced Fund' of both ESSS and my wifes fund for both the 16 -17 financial year and also the YTD monthly returns. The comparison was based on the balanced fund not the higher growth options. When I checked all of the investment options of both funds her fund paid higher returns at all levels of investment.