Euky Bear Steam Vaporiser

MPN: 300710012005

244 questions from our users

Mikha J.

Mikha J.asked

My unit was on and i noticed the light flickering until it shut down while plugged. After a few minutes of unplugging it, it turned on then the light turned off again. And now, it doesn’t turn on anymore. Before this incident, out unit made the water inside orange in color With black sediments. This is the first time this happened! What should we do?

Hi Mikha
Thanks for getting in touch! These two incidents are unrelated, and there's no need to worry about either.
The light on the top of the unit simply just a night light, and has no effect on the operation of the unit. It sounds like your light has become faulty, but if your unit still works and you're happy to use it without the night light, it's no problem to do so. If you prefer to have a nightlight (and that is perfectly your choice) we can replace your unit under warranty. It's up to you, but doesn't indicate any further issue.

With the orange/ black sediment, this is also normal. It is minerals from your tap water. It's harmless and should just be washed away when you rinse the unit out. Make sure you are using the Euky Bear cleaning tablets every 1-2 uses to help prevent mineral scale from building up inside the unit.

Another great trick to try is a "vinegar flush" - add 2-3 tablespoons of white vinegar to the tank, fill to the fill line with water and run your vaporiser for 6-8 hours or overnight. This gives it a really good clean and can help reduce the impact of mineral sediment.

If you'd like to pursue a replacement because of the light, or if you have any other concerns please get in touch with our Customer Service team on Freecall 1800 655 841 or email cservice@fgb.com.au.

Carissa

Carissaasked

Do you have to place it on the ground ? Or can you put it on a shelf. Asking for in the future when bub grows up and starts touching things

CarlaEuky Bear

Hi Carissa, we only recommend to place the Vaporiser on the ground so that it cannot be accidently pulled down from somewhere high by a child. But it also important to be placed away from curious hands, so a shelf is no problems provided they cannot access it - whatever you feel is safest and least accessible from bub. Hope that helps.

Adele M.

Adele M.asked

What are the ingredients in the Euky Bear Cleaning Tablets???

Hi Adele
The active ingredient is citric acid. The tablet is held together with inactive, non-toxic binding ingredients which help the tablet dissolve gradually during use.
If you would like more information please email us on cservice@fgb.com.au.
Kindest Regards, Euky Bear.

Marianna B.

Marianna B.asked

Hi. Just wonder how many ml of water the Euky vaporiser fits?

It's around 2.6 litres. Kind Regards, Euky Bear

Yinloch L.

Yinloch L.asked

My baby have age 5 month and now she block nose . If is safe for to use Euky bear inhalant

My vaporiser was defective after the first use and the company was aware of defective batches but hasn’t made the effort to get the defective batches back from the stores. So I’m really disappointed in the quality and control. I wouldn’t recommend it

Hi Yinloch
Yes, you can use Euky Bear Inhalant for your 5 month old. It's suitable for all ages.

Hi Frustratedcustomer
We have had some incidents of grey particles recently. We are going through the correct process of identifying the batch, testing and investigating the individual incidents, in accordance with our legal obligations. While the process is underway we are more than happy to replace or refund customers who are unhappy with their product. If you'd like to get in touch to discuss in more detail, we are happy to help on Freecall 1800 655 841.

Ann W.

Ann W.asked

Can I use extra eucalyptus oil with one supplied
Ann

Hi Ann
No we don't recommend using pure eucalyptus oil in the machine, as we haven't tested its impact on the parts. The Euky Bear Inhalant (or another 'inhalant' formula) has been tested safe and effective in Vaporisers.
Many people choose to use a diffuser along with their humidifier for extra scent in the air. Bosisto's have a great one at Chemist Warehouse.

Keirra L.

Keirra L.asked

I have been using The Euky Bear vaporiser and inhalant and swear by them for both of my young children. This winter I seem to use it every few weeks for a number of days at a time. My question is- can you overuse the inhalant? It’s working great, but I don’t want it to do long term danamage?
Thanks!

Hi Keirra
If you're using the right amount as directed, it's fine to use the Euky Bear inhalant as many nights as you need, as long as your children aren't having any adverse effects. Make sure you do allow a bit of ventilation in the room (like the door open slightly) to improve air flow and reduce condensation. Hope this helps! Kind Regards, Euky Bear.

Jamie T.

Jamie T.asked

When filling the vaporiser bottle with water do i use hot, warm, or cold?

Elkayasked

I just want the plain steam, so can this be used without any oils added

Hi Elkay
Yes you can use the unit with just water, not inhalant. The humidity from the steam alone is still very effective.

Kez S

Kez Sasked

Hi there!
The night light is flashing on our unit (from front to back not on and off).
Steam is still rising and it still sounds and smells fine. Should we be worried?
Thanks!

HanT

HanTasked

The light is no longer coming on but steaming is still coming out. Is this ok or is it no longer safe to use?

Erinn

Erinnasked

Hi. I have the same as already mentioned. Brand new unit. First use and grey plastic like paint coating coming from the unit. I can see it peeling off the bar within the unit when I look through the bottom.
I have read previous replies about mineral deposits but this is not greasy or sticky. Is there a part inside that has a grey paint like coating on it that is peeling?

Hi Erinn
From what you've described I'll get you to contact customer service for further assessment. Freecall 1800 655 841 during business hours or email cservice@fgb.com.au. Photos would be handy if you manage to get some, and please attach a photo of your proof of purchase so we can quickly proceed with a warranty if required.
Kind Regards, EukyBear.

Shannon K.

Shannon K.asked

Hi I bought a vapouriser, I have used it two times with filtered water and 2 cleaning tablets at the start - it smells mouldy and burnt when it come out in steam, but when I take the blue bit out it smells lovely? Any idea what I can do? I will be asking for a refund on Monday as this seems to be a common issue. Thanks

Liz

Lizasked

I have exactly the same as the one asked below about grey plastic! It’s a new inhalant. It has happened a few times and I tried to carefully get them out when I could - when they appeared through the holes at the bottom of the heating compartment. And then I got a clean run and then they grey plastic is back. Another clean run and it’s back again. Came across the review 2 down when I googled. I should have searched a few days ago. Will definitely give you guys a call too. That’s just very concerning as it’s plastic. Grey plastic that’s melting and even came out as grey ashes from where the vapours came out from!
Maybe someone should really look into it since I could see a few people have mentioned this problem below but the standard answer seems to be from the water. But it’s not. Because if I fill up the water container with clear water and then try to put in the heating compartment and give it a bit of a shake, rinsing it inside the water, little bits of grey plastic and some partially melted one will come out...

Hi Liz
You won't see the visible particles coming from your water. In their dissolved state, minerals in your water are invisible. However, when they go through the heating process in your vaporizer, they change in a process called precipitation. It's a chemical reaction where a solid settles to the bottom of a solution.
The mineral residue is often sticky and greasy, and it settles on the inside parts of the vaporiser. If you rub it between your fingers you may feel it's greasy.
There is certainly a possibility this residue is "burning" inside the unit - especially as the water level drops - and turning black. In this case more rigorous cleaning is advised, including the "vinegar flush" mentioned repeatedly in comments here. Let us know if you can't find that, basically you run white vinegar through it 2-3 tablespoons in a tank of fresh water.. You can also soak the heating unit in vinegar to loosen the scale.
There is absolutely no cause for alarm and none of the units we've had back to test with this 'issue' have turned out to be plastic or related to disintegration of the heating unit itself.
If you're still concerned, please give us a call - we're happy to talk through the issue, get your unit back and test it, whatever you'd like to do. Freecall 1800 655 841 or email cservice@fgb.com.au

Sarah1008

Sarah1008asked

I’ve had my Euky Bear for about 18 months, never any problems with it but 2 nights it smelt a little funny like it was burning now the plastic base on one side has turned yellow? Is this normal?

Hi Sarah
What inhalant are you using?

Emma G.

Emma G.asked

After using for 2 days grey plastic has started to come out of the heating compartment. It's not mineral build up or anything. It is PLASTIC.
Why is this happening? I've followed the instructions exactly.

Hi Emma
It's difficult to assess this if we can't see photos. Can you please photograph the residue and send in an email to cservice@fgb.com.au. A customer service representative will be in touch with you to discuss. Alternatively if you don't have photos, you can talk directly with us on Freecall 1800 655 841 during business hours.

Ali
Ali

Emma I have the exact same issue! Just bought a brand new vaporizer and grey plastic is coming out of the blue compartment and breaking up in the water.

Will email photos as well but interested to hear what the problem is (will also turn it off in my baby’s room)

Alison

CarlaEuky Bear

Hi Alison, hope customer service can help you clarify this. We had another case that I'm aware of that looked like "plastic" and this turned out to be minerals. But the team will be happy to help assess.

Kathie

Kathieasked

Is it ok to have the ceiling fan on at the same time as the vaporiser? Will it negate the effect it has in the room?

CarlaEuky Bear

Yes that's fine. Fans don't affect the humidity levels, they just circulate air.

Radhika

Radhikaasked

Hi
I am using euky Vaporizer but after 3rd day I see black flax in tank.i use tap water and even using cleaning tables so what is a reason.i am using cleaning tables regularly but black flex keep coming back.

Hi Radhika
It's normal to see black sediment (flaky or grainy bits in the water) after using the Euky Bear Vaporiser. This is minerals from your tap water. It's harmless and you should just wash away after use.
Using the cleaning tablets will not stop the mineral residue from forming, but it will help protect the unit from damage as the scale can build up inside and cause corrosion over time.
Hopefully this helps explain, feel free to call if any further questions. 1800 655 841 in business hours.

Nicole clark

Nicole clarkasked

I am wondering why my vaporizer all of a sudden smells like burning plastic

Hi Nicole
This is usually due to a build up of minerals from your tap water that crust onto the heating element of the vaporiser and cause a 'burning' smell. It's not the plastic of the vaporiser, which does not heat up, so no need to be concerned. An easy fix for this is to give it a "vinegar flush". Put 2-3 tablespoons of white vinegar in the tank, fill to the fill line with water and run for 6-8 hours or overnight. This should help neutralise any odours - if not, try it twice, and if it's still an issue, then give us a call. Freecall 1800 655 841 during business hours.
Remember to use your Euky Bear Cleaning Tablets to help keep the unit clean inside. Every 1-2 uses is recommended.

Nicole clark