Everyday Gift Cards

Everyday Gift Cards

See the Best Rewards & Loyalty Programs in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Everyday Gift Cards? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.0
Stephen
StephenSydney, NSW

Stay away

I tried to order 24 gift cards. Stated maximum of 10. Adjusted my order to 2x10 and 1x4. the second and third order were rejected.
The first order, I received a confirmation email and that the credit card had been charged and delivered via email. No email received. Customer service stated that the credit card was charged but will be refunded. DO NOT TRY TO BUY THESE ONLINE.

Lise
LiseSydney, NSW

Shame on Wollworths and gift cards

We received $400 worth of gift cards bought at wollies and out of the 4 cards only one works , Wollies cant help noone does anything the cards dont work sorry you have lost your money, ill never buy another gift card and never want another gift of one , shame on Woolworths selling cards from fraudulent companies that steal the hard earned money of its customers

HAWKS2013
HAWKS2013South East Queensland, QLD

Sneaky, sneaky sneaky.

I have used the $20 Essentials Gift Card a few times. ( Partly purple on the front, Woolworths written on the back. ) lf l try and keep the purchase under $20, NO change will be given. The card will actually be so tight fisted as to keep any tiny amount on the card ! ( 80 cents, 50 cents, 20 cents ). So who keeps a card with that amount on it and uses it again ? ? Rip - off ! ! ! ( 1st February 2021 )

Jossy
JossySydney, NSW

Rip Off

Purchased 5 x $20 gift cards from woolworthsgiftcardstore.com.au. The email to redeem the cards was not received. The link to resend on their site doesn't work. Contact Us page doesn't work. The 1800 number doesn't work. Caveat emptor.

SparmsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Recipient was unable to redeem

I purchased a BWS gift card online for my sister and when she tried to use it online she got a message to say that the card number was invalid. I’ve sent emails & enquired on the Gift card online store but haven’t received any response at all. Don’t waste your money buying these cards.

Sparms

Update - could redeem voucher in store today, however I still wouldn’t purchase one of these again because of all the time taken by both of us to get it sorted

John K
John KIllawarra, NSW

Woolworths gift cards are almost fraud

Purchased $500 worth of gift cards from woolworths as Christmas gifts. The staff never know how to activate and cards. After two return visits to rectify cards that will not work was pretty much accused of trying to commit a gift card scam woolworths when in actual fact woolworths have stolen from me. Cards still not working woolworths has my money and I am out of pocket with no care from woolworths. I suggest never buy a gift card from woolworths.

Jochen B.
Jochen B.Sydney, NSW

Don't bother

Purchased a Woolworths eGift card online, but did not work in store. Poor customer service. Their system is down apparently. I would avoid in future. Not recommended at all. Waiting on a reply.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
john
johnPerth, WA

Trying to buy a gift card online Woolworth without succes

Been trying to buy a gift card online 5 % rebate for two days without succes! My card got blocked by the banks security system! Contacted the bank/Woolworth without succes? "Im doing the shopping for a 95 years old lady" we just have to starve!

Anderson
AndersonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Declined at checkout - unpleasant experience.

Nishantha & Suyama
Nishantha & SuyamaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Money stolen from my card through BigW online $380.50 but no help from Woolworth

Somebody has used my card details to purchase $380.50 worth goods from big w online. No staff from Woolworth or bigw want to help me at least to identify the goods or where it's gone. As it is online it has to go to someone. Woolworth gift card staffs were terrible from the beginning giving me wrong advises and not willing to help me. Now it is a consumer affairs matter as I have complain it to them. I will post here what happen and any updates. I do have all the details from my first phone call and all the email correspondence.
Nishantha Jayawardena - Templestowe

Hugh
HughSydney, NSW

Couldn't give less than 1 star

Got an e-gift card for Caltex Woolworths petrol. Didn't realize it was going to be a pain to find a location. And to my surprise after filling up found out that location didn't even accept e-gift card. If Woolworths has a marketing department, their Manager needs to be fired first. What a dysfunctional organization. Opt for other e-gift cards or better yet just give your points up for charity. Will have a better peace of mind that way.

Vivienne H.
Vivienne H.Perth, WA

DO NOT DO IT.

Do not ever buy one of these eGift cards on line. My daughter's purchased one from Freedom for Mother's Day. It has been a complete fiasco. Nobody at either the number at the bottom of the email page (Woolworths eGift cards) or Woolworths support knows ANYTHING on how it operates. I have just spent over 3 hours trying to sort it out to finally end up with a piece of paper that I had to print out and carry around for up to three years(expiry) to be able to use it and make sure to keep the email incase the printed page is queried by Freedom. Save yourself the time, energy and angst.

Find out how Everyday Gift Cards compares to other Rewards & Loyalty Programs

Terrible! Do not purchase unless you want to be embarrassed

Bought a friend one of these cards. They tried to use it and were told it didn't work = embarrassing. I called up woolies and was told it's a known issue, the cashier should have picked up it didn't activate. Their suggested solution was to ask for the card back from my friend and for me to go and try to activate again. How utterly embarrassing and such a poor customer service response for what is a known issue.

Sold dodgy gift card

Daughter brought gift card for Christmas for brother. Brother tried to use card told it was declined. Checked card at service desk at Bathurst store on 2/2/2109 and told card was used.
I said 'how can it be used?' Staff member reply was 'go on the website'. Staff member demonstrated no customer service. I showed them the receipt when the card was brought from the Bathurst store and again the reply was 'go to website'. Checked card on website result said card was expired.
I believe card was swapped for used card when given to daughter when purchasing it.
The card number in question is [removed], and was meant to have $50 on it.

Maggie
MaggieSouth East Queensland, QLD

5 days and 2 phone calls later - e-giftcard still hasnt turned up!

I ordered a giftcard for my granddaughter’s birthday. 5 days later (3 days after her birthday), I still havent received it. Still - no-one at Woolworths end seems to be able to fix the problem!