Exelpet SPOT-ON Flea Control for Cats and Kittens

Exelpet SPOT-ON Flea Control for Cats and Kittens

Katie K.

Katie K.Sydney, NSW

Do not buy this!

I put on this flea treatment on my cat, 4 days later he was infested with fleas. It didn’t work at all and if anything made it worse. Do not buy this it doesn’t work at all.

Purchased in January 2021 for $28.00.

Side EffectsLong-term illness

DONT BUY THIS

Bad ,, NOT Happy , ringing ACCC, after ringing Mars or EXcelpet and getting sure I’ll pass it on really ,, never again and if they don’t remove it asap I’m ringing RSPCA

Purchased in January 2021.

Kathie B.

Kathie B.Darling Downs, QLD

Cat Died

Our 14 year old cat died the morning after being treated the night before. If I had read these reviews there's no way I would have used it. I will never use it on any cat.

Purchased in October 2020 at Woolworths.

Side EffectsDeath
Tick & Flea Control Products

Find out how Exelpet SPOT-ON Flea Control for Cats and Kittens compares to other Tick & Flea Control Products

Gbanger

GbangerCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Does nothing to eliminate fleas.

This product did nothing at all to eliminate or even reduce the number of fleas. It simply did nothing at all and was a total waste of money. Cat never got sick. I would advise people to never buy this product it is a total waste of time and again does absolutely nothing to treat fleas. At all.

Purchased at Woolworths for $19.00.

Breanna G.South East Queensland, QLD

Don’t buy!!

Worst stuff on planet earth, Burnt my poor Ginger’s neck, my poor baby, I thought it burnt him straight away when I applied this. - And yes I was correct!! My cat Ginger had the worst diarrhoea ever since last night I applied this, hoping it will pass in the next 24 hours as he eating and drinking normally.
My poor baby.

I want a refund! This product should be taken off the shelf. Can not believe supermarkets sell this crap.

Purchased in April 2020 at Woolworths for $19.50.

susan

susanSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Useless

Utterly useless. Eggs hatched now worse than before.
Wished I saw all reviews first. Family member said it was quite good. She was wrong.
Off to the vets for some decent flea treatment.
Will not buy again thats for sure

Purchased at IGA for $18.00.

Do not use

My cat fatty has white fur on the back of neck now and looks all burnt the poor bugger is so worn out she sitting There with her tongue out a little and panting we are doing everything possible to keep her calm her heart is racing so warning to everyone do not use this terrible product.

Purchased in November 2019 at Woolworths for $16.00.

Sarah E.

Sarah E.

Terrible Product

Used this on my cat and she became very upset. Lost her spark and friendliness. She's sick and still has fleas. Wish I'd checked these reviews before using this product. Never again.

Purchased in September 2019 at Woolworths Physical store for $16.99.

Tab10

Tab10AU

Dont Use This Product

Used it and next day noticed a bald patch where I had applied treatment on my 15 year old cat.
I should have realised something was wrong when she hid in her cubby all afternoon.
I am devastated. I have continued to bath her neck to remove this product but the damage has already been done.
Exelpet has a lot to answer to...especially now I have come across all of the other bad reports.

Purchased in June 2019.

Dee66e

Dee66ePerth, WA

DONT USE THIs PRODUCT!!

I applied the treatment exactly as directed. Our cat ended up with burns and loss of fur within hours. Washed off any product immediately.
Have always used Vet treatments but was short of time and noticed cats had fleas so I figured I would just get some Exelpet from the local Woolworths.
I agree with other reviews, this product should be immediately taken off the market as it seems that it is a common problem. It’s nasty and I feel so bad about using it and causing our fur baby harm.
Obviously we will never use this product ever again. Definitely worth sticking to vet products.

Purchased in September 2019 at Woolworths for $16.00.

Terrible product

I put this on my cat this morning. She immediately started foaming at the mouth. She was extremely unhappy and running around the house shaking her head with foam flinging everywhere. I called Exelpet and they told me to wash it off, waste of money. I’ll stick with Revolution.

Purchased in August 2019 at Woolworths.

Sharyn

SharynSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worrying wait

I applied then I Googled these reviews. I worried all night, monitored every body movement of my 14 year old 4.7 kg female Tonkinese. She went quiet, displayed the tongue and lip action that usually precedes vomiting but none occurred. Some normal behaviors but certainly off her usual spark and sass for over 24 hours. Spotted a live flea in the precise treatment area 12 hours after application.

Purchased in April 2019 at Woolworths Physical store.

Side EffectsPersonality change
doctortrish

doctortrish

Nothing inside!!

This is the third packet of Exelpet Spot-on for Flea Control that I have bought from Coles and there is nothing inside! The first time the packets were empty and the latest has no pipette in the plastic container inside. At $16 this is a rip-off!

Purchased in May 2019 at Coles.

katja

katjaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Does NOT work and upset my cats

I strongly recommend this product be taken off the shelves. My cats (we have 4) are acting rather strangely after application. The fleas seem to have gotten worse and the cats are upset. Fortunately they do not seem ill, thank god for that but i will never use this product again. After reading many of the other reviews, i am shocked that it is still available in our 2 big supermarket chains. I will be visiting Petstock in a few weeks, because i can't put more poison in my pets right now. That could be really harmful. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT

Purchased in April 2019 at Coles Supermarkets.

Side EffectsPersonality change
Tash

Tash

Burns around neck

I wish I had of read the reviews on this product before using it. I feel so bad I went the cheaper option and bought this from the supermarket. My poor cat has burns completely around her neck and lost all the fur in that area. I didn’t even notice her unusual vomiting was probably from this a couple of days later. Never again!

Tick & Flea Control Products

Did not kill the fleas expensive and useless

I would never use this again poor dogs still have fleas wth it cost $133 and did nothing very upset and disappointed with product

Fleas are worse than before!

Luckily my cats didn't get ill lots a lot of other people who have posted here, however the reason I googled it, is because one of our cats especially has more fleas than ever before.. and it was put on 6th Nov.. (11th Dec now) so that is enough time to take effect. So doesn't do squat to eliminate fleas... what a waste of money. Thank God they didn't get really ill like many other poor people cats did though.. poor puds puds..

Left Chemical Burns on our cat!!!

do not use this product our poor cat was itchy from fleas so we thought we'd help by putting this on her and it left a huge septic wound on her back and all her fur fell out there!!! shes all healed now and fur is finally growing back in but never again would we buy this. absolutely disgusting product that should be ripped from shelves.

Complete waste of money fleas worse cat poorly

Didn’t make any difference to flea population & made cat sick. Will take her to the vet. Wish I never bought it. It shoukd be taken off the shelves. I want my money back & poor cat’s vet bill refunded. Don’t buy it. Disasterous.

deedee

deedeesydney

Excellent product.

Have been using this on our 2 cats for about a decade with no issues at all. My only gripe is that the manufacturers no longer put the little reminder stickers in the box now which are use useful to put on the calendar. I use this product every 3 months on the cats without fail and have never had a flea problem with them once. Note: They are both indoor (night) and outdoor cats (day).