Fiskars StaySharp Max Reel Mower

Fiskars StaySharp Max Reel Mower

Push Mowers Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of push mower would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3.3

An expensive hunk of junk.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Why buy a petrol mower?

I bought one of these around Christmas 2013. It's been an amazing mower to use over summer. It is just so quiet, quick and easy to use. It's light enough I can pick it up and carry it if needed. It's easy to push, but most importantly it cuts the lawn perfectly.
    Great lawn cut, forces me to do exercise, excellent build quality
    Price - not the cheapest, but I got it on a free delivery promo at least.

philbSydney, NSW

The world's most advanced design of this reel mower makes it 60% easier to push and offers an eco-fr

Hans
    Hans

Where did you buy it and how much ?

Kapaprop

I got mine here for $336 http://www.rockaroundtheblock.com.au/garden-tools-1/push-reel-mowers.html

Fire4FX
    Fire4FX

Cheaper on Amazon.com - get a US freight forwarder.

Manual Lawn Mowers

Find out how Fiskars StaySharp Max Reel Mower compares to other Manual Lawn Mowers

Wallaby44Brisbane

Unwieldy product

philb

The problem is you bought the wrong model. The Fiskars StaySharp Max Reel Mower (460mm) - 62016935 is an amazing machine to use on a good lawn. Check it's reviews. I use one and have thrown out my petrol mower

PhilB

PhilBasked

The mower has not been discontinued. Where did PRODUCT REVIEW get that idea from?
    It is a popular seller with plenty of stock available at 9 Dec 2019 from Rock Around The Block in Sydney

Anneasked

I am wondering if the Fiskars StaySharp Max Reel Mower (460mm) - 62016935 is still made? Am researching to buy and it seems the best.
    We have a couch lawn. I would mow often to keep it neat and keep me fit.

Wallaby44

Hi, yep they do. I bought mine from rockaroundtheblock.com.au, who still advertise it.

Thanks a million.

Patellamower

Patellamowerasked

In the process of deciding on a reel (real) push mower. Our lawn patch is only about 160sq metres. We have a problem with paspalum which I am working on to get rid of. Apart from that it's not too bad we also get some clover and have noticed some couch through it. Would the Fiskar be suitable? I like ability to cut to the edge and also grass clipping being thrown to the front which means to me the clippings get re-cut each time.

Kapaprop

I noticed mine didn't cut really talk stringy weeds well .. was better to get rid of those by hand. Some of the Amazon reviews say the same as what I experienced: http://www.amazon.com/Fiskars-6201-18-Inch-Staysharp-Mower/product-reviews/B0045VL1OO

I think what happens with really tall weeds is that the mower first pushes them over, and then can't chop them off.

The clippings do get re-cut (so act as fertiliser).

Other Manual Lawn Mowers