Frontline Plus for Cats

Frontline Plus for Cats

1.8 from 75 reviews · View Details

1.8

Does not work

This is by far the worst product I've ever used does not work at all and after 150 pound later in 3 lots of flea treatments and house bombs which was a waste of money and time, because it did not work at all whole family was covered in flea bites and had to wait a whole month to get a product that actually worked instantly which is advantage by far the best , also had to rehome two cats because of the cost and effects of the bites because some of us in the house was suffering terrible and one pregnant awful awful awful product do not use!!!!!!!

Purchased in September 2020 for A$30.00.

NM77

NM77Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Should be banned

After treating my cats not once not twice but THREE times they STILL have fleas on them that I’m finding. They’re still scratching.
This product does NOT work & should be removed from being able to sell.
What a waste of money!!!

Purchased in April 2020 at Petbarn.

JoanneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Cat still has flea dirt after 3 months

On the label it says that the product kills the fleas breeding cycle which takes 3 months so I persevered for this time. Results were very negative. Would not recommend

Purchased in January 2020 at The Vet Shed Online store for A$47.00.

Side Effects Short-term illness
Joanne

Advantage for dogs and cats is the best for my budget. I want to buy the best stuff for my pets within our budget so I need to know what other people have experienced with each flea treatment product. Thanks and have a great day

Tick & Flea Control Products

Find out how Frontline Plus for Cats compares to other Tick & Flea Control Products

Terrible product! Stay away!

We have 2 cats and a kitten that are indoor cats. We were prompted by pets at home (uk store) to buy this on a prescription service and were told it was the best you could buy. I noticed a few dead fleas within the first 24hrs however the cats were still scratching on day 2 and day 3 and I was still finding full grown fleas on them. Did not work at all! Annoying as we had to wait a full 4 weeks to treat them again and put up with the fleas for all that time... would not recommend but would highly recommend Johnsons which has worked for us within a few hours every time!

Purchased in July 2019 at Just Pets for A$30.00.

LittleQuill

LittleQuillQueensland

Did absolutely nothing for the fleas.

Purchased in February 2019 at PetStock for A$66.00.

Maggie

MaggieCentral Queensland, QLD

Waste of money

Just do not waste your money. It says dose your cat every 6 weeks. After 2 weeks with no change to the number of fleas, I dosed her again, thinking this will surely do it. Nope. One evening casually stroking her fur I saw TWELVE happy little fleas scurrying around. Very difficult to catch, not even slowed down by the drug in the slightest. Customer service tried to claim those are just NEW fleas jumping on my cat, and they'll die in a couple of days. Hmmmm, so how come I switched to Bravecto and within TWO DAYS there were no fleas at all on either of my cats. Two weeks in, I check their fur daily, and the only fleas I have found have been dead ones. Case closed. Frontline fails.

Purchased in January 2019 for A$48.00.

Pet TypeCat

Frontline was killing our cat!

Diane

Diane

Wish I’d read the reviews before I bought it!

My cat still has fleas after treatment, what a waste of money !
I have boomed the house & my cat never leaves the house.

Pathetic Product

I have been using new Front line plus since March 2018. Within a month, my cat was losing fur, in spots where the product has been applied. After hefty vet bills for skin tests, allergies, anti-biotics, and low grade steroids, the spots are still there, and last month, one of the blots had red dots and scabbed dots. He is always licking the areas, and rubbing them on the rug (ie. scratching). He doesn't like me touching them, either. NO MORE FL Plus for him.

Tick & Flea Control Products

Terrible I used Frontline plus on my cats necks and had to use 2 each and still didnt work

Terrible I used Frontline plus on my cats necks and had to use 2 each and still didn't work. I couldn't be more disappointed as i am a single mum on limited money and wasted it on this product.

Chris

ChrisGold Coast

Wonderful

Useless

I have been using this and I am still finding fleas on the cat, even my vet doesn’t recommend it.

Zoey

ZoeyPerth

Only product I use

We have tried a few flea treatments for our cats and frontline seems to be the only one that keeps the fleas away for more than 3 months. We have only been able to find it in pet city as no one else sells it anymore. and am sick of paying huge $$'s for products that don't work or keep fleas away for maybe a month

Chris

ChrisSydney, NSW

Works eventually and didn't kill my cats

Sam

SamPerth

Rubbish

I've paid 80$ for a product that is meant to be the absolute best on the market and it's utter crap! I am so mad!

Emma

Emmapenrith

Product didn't work

I thought I would give it a try, infortunately it didn't do much. It is easy to administer and I didn't notice any side effects. It just didn't kill or prevent fleas.I wont buy it again for sure.

Fleas are now resistant to this product

This should not be sold as a flea treatment. It used to be revolutionary but the fleas have developed a resistance to it now. To sell it as a flea treatment at such a high price is not ethical. My cat has a flea allergy and he continued to suffer greatly when I last used this. I also had fleas in the home that I could not get rid of. Comfortis saved the day in the end.

Very unhappy cat

Used frontline plus on my cat and within a day he was scratching more and has lost fur from around his neck where the pippette was applied and he is licking himself constantly and his tummy is going bald too. Off to the vets we go tomorrow and get another flea treatment. I won't be buying frontline plus again.

Nik

NikManchester

No effect on fleas

My poor cat suffered for weeks with a bad flea infestation which was getting worse by the day whilst using frontline. I actually dabbed some fleas which were running about in his tummy with the pipette and the product had no effect whatsoever. Bought advantage and cleared up the problem within a day. Will never buy frontline again!

Cat scratched, licked and pulled out hair

Purchased Frontline Plus for Cats. First treatment caused excessive licking, scratching and pulling out of hair. This was day one. This went on for hours at least. This was a semi feral cat so I couldn't readily bathe her without taking to the vet. I deliberately purchased Frontline because it was the first or one of the first products on the market decades ago for topical flea treatment and I thought it would be the safest and oldest formula to use. I was wrong. I didn't know that the company had changed hands to a German owned company. Their formula perhaps changed significantly as never in previous decades has this product cause this reaction in any of my animals. I will NOT be purchasing again, ever.