Garmin Montana 650t

Garmin Montana 650t

See the Best Handheld GPS Units in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Wavell Dave

Wavell DaveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Glad I bought this

Needed a GPS for a 8 day Adventure bike trip that was reliable, easy to install and easy to use. Very happy to have chosen this machine. I didn’t see the point in the 680 as it only offers a camera compared to the 610. Recommend hardwiring into car/ bike etc. The touch screen work with standard bike gloves. Good supporting software. I made a decision to get one from the US (Amazon ) and while it was hundreds cheaper it came with US Topo maps and Global maps which had little detail for Australia. Need to buy $200 worth of AU/NZ Topomaps. Goes well with a RAM mount onto handlebars.

PDB

PDBGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not a Great Hiking GPS

I upgraded from an Eurex 30 for the bigger display, one of the problems of ordering without holding one in my hand. The screen size is nice, but the unit overall is significantly larger and heavier than an Etrex 30! The touch screen is sensitive and prone to turning on in the carry case. Locking the screen ensures that the display stays on all the time. Both problems drain the battery. On turning off the screen goes blank, without the power down symbol - so it is possible to think you have turned the unit off when it has just powered down ahead of your power down push - again a flat battery is the result. The Eurex 30 is back in favour!

JHEvandale

Love my Montana 650T. Great map & track detail (Tasmania) So easy to use & fast

Tikimonster

TikimonsterMELBOURNE

Stops working after 2 to 3 weeks

trev

trevasked

Can i use my montana 650t to calculate area? If so how do i do it?

JH

Yes, easy, on the desk top there is a "Area Calculation" icon. Just tap on icon to open and follow instructions which are super easy.

Trev

Trevasked

Can I some how use my Montana 650t to track gps transmitters ie dog collars?

Hi Trev
Sorry, I can't answer that, My friend has a dedicated GPS unit for dog collar tracking. I would suggest contacting Garmin themselves.
Regards
JH

Get an answer from our members and Garmin representatives

CategoryHandheld GPS Units