Garmin Oregon 450

Garmin Oregon 450

4.0 from 1 review

See the Best Handheld GPS Units in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

I love it - makes geocaching so much easier

Ok so I upgraded to a GPS with maps for the benefits of geocaching, It didn't come with maps when I bought it, luckily I have a friend who put some Australian ones on for me. I saved the maps to a SD card mini so it does not take up room on my GPS.

I have now used this gps for about 1500 geocaches, I use it in conjunction with GSAK and I upload 4500 waypoints each time. It makes life so much easier when going on geocaching adventures.

I have a had a few minor dramas with it and that occasionally I seem to upload a corrupt gpx file and the unit will not load the info - it cause it to crash and I have to remove the batteries and clear the data before I can get it to work again. I am not sure why this happens, it might be my GSAK data or the unit - not sure. This only happens occasionally though and the benefits of availability of paperless geocaching far out way the little hitches.
Upload up to 5000 waypoints
Occasional upload and data corruption errors.