Garmin Oregon 600

Garmin Oregon 600

See the Best Handheld GPS Units in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

bob.pedley

bob.pedleyQld, 4179

Love the Touch Screen - Not for Marine Use!

I bought this unit when the model runout sales were on, got it for half price. The Oregon 600 was to replace the GPSMap 78s which I used for marine navigation on my jetski. The 78s lasted about 3 years before water eventually found its way inside.
First up let me just say that for marine use, the 78s is a better suited product. The Oregon 600 does not float, has a metal fitting for the belt clip on the back cover which is prone to corrosion, and, like the 78s, has a flimsy rubber flap to cover the USB connector which needs to be checked constantly.
The touch screen was great for quick navigation, zooming and text entry.

A06

A06Armidale

Great GPS unit for hunting or hiking

Malco

MalcoAdelaide

Great GPS

FentonH

FentonHasked

The rubber cover for the micros USB slot on my Garmin 600 broke off, I have a replacement, but cannot get a small enough screw driver to remove the remaining part of the old one, any ideas?
fenton

Get an answer from our members and Garmin representatives