Garmin Oregon 600

Garmin Oregon 600

bob.pedley

bob.pedleyQld, 4179

Love the Touch Screen - Not for Marine Use!

I bought this unit when the model runout sales were on, got it for half price. The Oregon 600 was to replace the GPSMap 78s which I used for marine navigation on my jetski. The 78s lasted about 3 years before water eventually found its way inside.
First up let me just say that for marine use, the 78s is a better suited product. The Oregon 600 does not float, has a metal fitting for the belt clip on the back cover which is prone to corrosion, and, like the 78s, has a flimsy rubber flap to cover the USB connector which needs to be checked constantly.
The touch screen was great for quick navigation, zooming and text entry.

A06

A06Armidale

Great GPS unit for hunting or hiking

MalcoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great GPS

Handheld GPS Units

Find out how Garmin Oregon 600 compares to other Handheld GPS Units

Mike Hague

Mike Hagueasked

Does this unit connect to a smart phone
Does this unit function as an emergency beacon

Hello Mike,
No. The Oregon 600 does not connect to a smart phone, and it cannot be used as an emergency beacon. It connects to a PC using a cable. Later models (700) have Bluetooth connectivity but I'm not familiar with their operation. Hopes this helps. Mal.

FentonHasked

The rubber cover for the micros USB slot on my Garmin 600 broke off, I have a replacement, but cannot get a small enough screw driver to remove the remaining part of the old one, any ideas?
fenton

FentonH

Sorted - a T5 torx screwdriver!