Garmin Vivofit Jr 2

Garmin Vivofit Jr 2

MPNs: 010-01909-33, 010-01909-34 and 010-01909-37

How to find the best smart watch or fitness tracker

Choosing a new smartwatch can be both exciting and overwhelming - Read on for information to help point you in the right direction.

Read now

• Battery Life

Ljg

LjgGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible do not waste your money - not worthy of any stars for review

Words cannot describe how disappointed I am with this kids what I thought was supposed to be a tracker/ watch. The app is useless if you ever try to resync the tracker be warned you won't be able to. Spend your money on a better kids tracker/watch. It has put me off Garmin products for life.

Purchased for A$120.00.

Jessica Canino

Jessica CaninoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don’t buy kids garmin products the bands break

My daughters garmin band broke. You can’t buy replacement bands in store you have to buy them online. I bought one for my daughters birthday online and it has been a month and I still have not received accurate tracking or the product I paid for. I have emailed and messaged garmin through various avenues with no response. $60 down the drain. Very disappointed

Purchased in December 2019 for A$100.00.

Nicole W.

Nicole W.North Western Region, NSW

Kids love them

Both the kids and myself love the watches. I am able to set tasks for them to complete as well as give them rewards at a touch of a button. Plus both kids love reading the time!

Purchased in June 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store.

Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Find out how Garmin Vivofit Jr 2 compares to other Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Burnt Daughters Wrist

Purchased the Garmin Vivofit Jr 2 - Minnie Mouse two weeks ago. Daughter came home yesterday afternoon and had burns around her wrist!!! Do your research before purchasing this product, very disappointed in this product

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$89.00.

amethystium

amethystiumBrisbane

Too expensive to only worked for just 1 year! :-(

I purchased two sets for my daughters in March 2019 and new batteries have been replaced twice in less than a year for both of the Garmins. Now one of them is completely not working. I thought it needed a new battery (again) but after I changed with a new battery it is still black-out and not working.

Purchased in March 2019 at Rebel Fit Physical store for A$129.00.

Melinda M.

Melinda M.Far North Queensland, QLD

My 7 yr old daughter just loves her Vivofit jr 2 and wears it everyday!

My 7 year old daughter just loves it. She can tell the time now, loves being rewarded for physical activities and meeting her goals and can do little challenges with her friends that also have one.

Purchased in February 2020 at Rebel Sport for A$129.00.

smfzi

smfziSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good idea for kids

My daughter loves this and still wears it even though she also has a proper Garmin watch. The app is really useful with the rewards and chores and she still loves playing the game even after all this time.

Purchased in May 2019 at Rebel Sport for A$99.00.

Robert

RobertSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Great base product, but cant get replacement bands anywhere

My son loves it, but the clasp for the band broke within a few weeks. couldnt get a replacement anywhere, even though they had just come out. Called garmin - therell be out soon, that was 6 months ago.

Purchased in December 2018 at Officeworks Online store for A$169.00.

Roxana

RoxanaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great features poor quality

Was my sons favourite gadget
And he used to wear it all the time until he broke the watch band strap, we couldn’t find the strap band And it wasn’t sold separately in stores, and on Garmin website was roughly 40$ So we tried eBay and the new silicon band didn’t work for a week

Purchased in March 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

Cecile

CecileIllawarra, NSW

The best thing my boy could get for his 7th birthday!

My 7 year old got it for his birthday. It's been awesome for him and us. We have set up day to day chores and rewards, and now he brushes his teeth in the morning and evening without having to be reminded, he cleans his bedroom and playroom all by himself, does his homework with pleasure. Plus he tries his hardest every day to get as many steps as he can and total lots of active minutes so he can play the game on my phone at night (as a reward, it takes 2 minutes and it's now part of our bedtime routine). Overall I am super happy with it and would totally recommend it!

Purchased in February 2019 for A$119.00.

Great idea, poor product

Great concept. Both my kids’ Garmins worked well for a couple of months, then needed their batteries replaced. We were replacing batteries every month or so. In the last month, both Garmins stopped working after a swimming lesson and now won’t come back on, even with a brand new battery. Very expensive product for a kids watch that needs constant battery replacement and now after less than a year doesn’t work!

Purchased in November 2018 at Target Australia for A$120.00.

Great watch

This watch has been fantastic for my son. Love being able to set chores/rewards. Battery has come up as almost due to replace after 5 months which is a lot earlier than I was expecting

Purchased in February 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

Waste of money...

I don’t normally bother writing reviews but this watch has really bothered me. First there was a battery recall so Garmin sent out a new battery - awesome. However the new battery didn’t last either. Over 12 months we had to change the battery 4 times!! The band broke within the first couple months so bought a cheap band on eBay which actually lasted longer the the Garmin band. Then the button would often get stuck, after 14 months the watch has completely broken , not turning on at all. There are a few good reviews and maybe we were unlucky and bought a dodgy one. I will not be buying another Garmin ever again.

Purchased in April 2018 at Rebel Sport for A$120.00.

Jackie_Bell

Jackie_BellHunter Region, NSW

Don't waste your money

Bought 2 for my kids birthday. 1 lasted 9 months then the button stopped working after a day at the beach. The other one barely lasted 3 months before it stopped working. They just aren't rugged enough for kids to use on a day-to-day basis, which is a shame because the concept is good.

Purchased in December 2018 at Big W for A$125.00.

Worst watch

Purchased for my 2 kids. Screen is too dark and very expensive. not worth for the price. I wanted to pay more and buy something better. hope the next version will be a better product.

Purchased in April 2019 at Target.

Katie P.

Katie P.

Kids activity tracker

A great activity and sleep tracker. I love how I can upload the data to my phone and track the kids activity and especially their sleep. The only problem has been the band. Both bands from both the kids watches broke within 4-6months of purchasing them.

Purchased in January 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Absolute rubbish & Garmin don't recognise the faults

Purchased in December 2018.

Ellie

EllieIpswich

Disappointed

I bought my Daughter a Vivifit Jr 2, very disappointed. Difficult to sync with the App, and the screen is so dim i literally have to shine a torch into it to see it. For the money we paid for it, I expected more. I took it back, and got a replacement thinking it was a dud, but the second was exactly the same.
Love the idea behind it, as does my daughter.. she is excited about earning rewards, and clocking up steps etc.. she doesn’t seem to worry about the dim screen, which is why I even bothered keeping it.

Purchased in April 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for A$129.00.

Disappointing go say the least.

My son bought one with his pocket money. Worked well for a few days, then noticed it keeps bad time, loses a few minutes everyday. Syncing fixes that. Then it decided to stop counting steps. Got it replaced and now the new one keeps worse time and no longer wants to sync to his tablet.

Purchased in March 2019 for A$119.00.

Christie

ChristieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Faulty - Safety issue!!! Burnt daughter's wrist...

Bought a Garmin vivofit jnr.2 princess watch for my daughter's birthday last month. Today we discovered that the watch has burnt her wrist. I have submitted email to Garmin today. Awaiting respinse. Do not buy!!! Item should be recalled. Other reviews indicate the same.

Purchased in March 2019 for A$119.00.