Garmin Vivofit Jr 2

MPNs: 010-01909-33, 010-01909-34 and 010-01909-37

• Battery Life

David C.
David C.South East Queensland, QLD

Son loved it, but poor quality, and worse Garmin customer service

Purchased in Dec 2020 for birthday present Jan 2021. Band broke x 1 in May 2021. Garmin replaced the keeper for free, but charged $11 postage and handling (it weighs <1g)..not even posted express for that price! Battery stopped working 26/05/21. Called Garmin. Not their problem apparently. Watch could stop working the day after purchase and it is the customer's problem according to them. I understand a battery isn't lifelong, but six months? Garmin told me to try to get it replaced by store where it was purchased (even though they admitted if it was purchased through Garmin website they would not repair/replace. Very annoyed. Happy to discuss more with Garmin Customer Service if they read this and care!

Purchased in December 2020 at The Good Guys for $129.00.

Ljg
LjgGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible do not waste your money - not worthy of any stars for review

Words cannot describe how disappointed I am with this kids what I thought was supposed to be a tracker/ watch. The app is useless if you ever try to resync the tracker be warned you won't be able to. Spend your money on a better kids tracker/watch. It has put me off Garmin products for life.

Purchased for $120.00.

Jessica Canino
Jessica CaninoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don’t buy kids garmin products the bands break

My daughters garmin band broke. You can’t buy replacement bands in store you have to buy them online. I bought one for my daughters birthday online and it has been a month and I still have not received accurate tracking or the product I paid for. I have emailed and messaged garmin through various avenues with no response. $60 down the drain. Very disappointed

Purchased in December 2019 for $100.00.

Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Find out how Garmin Vivofit Jr 2 compares to other Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Nicole W.
Nicole W.North Western Region, NSW

Kids love them

Both the kids and myself love the watches. I am able to set tasks for them to complete as well as give them rewards at a touch of a button. Plus both kids love reading the time!

Purchased in June 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store.

Burnt Daughters Wrist

Purchased the Garmin Vivofit Jr 2 - Minnie Mouse two weeks ago. Daughter came home yesterday afternoon and had burns around her wrist!!! Do your research before purchasing this product, very disappointed in this product

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman for $89.00.

Top 5 Smart Watch Brands for Women

Smart Watches are a convenient and stylish way for women to keep track of their health, socialise with friends and family, and stay organised amid the business of life. Now there are more smart watches designed for women than ever before.

Isabella G.
Isabella G.30 Nov 2020
top-5-smart-watch-brands-for-women
amethystium
amethystiumBrisbane

Too expensive to only worked for just 1 year! :-(

I purchased two sets for my daughters in March 2019 and new batteries have been replaced twice in less than a year for both of the Garmins. Now one of them is completely not working. I thought it needed a new battery (again) but after I changed with a new battery it is still black-out and not working.

Purchased in March 2019 at Rebel Fit Physical store for $129.00.

Melinda M.
Melinda M.Far North Queensland, QLD

My 7 yr old daughter just loves her Vivofit jr 2 and wears it everyday!

My 7 year old daughter just loves it. She can tell the time now, loves being rewarded for physical activities and meeting her goals and can do little challenges with her friends that also have one.

Purchased in February 2020 at Rebel Sport for $129.00.

smfzi
smfziSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good idea for kids

My daughter loves this and still wears it even though she also has a proper Garmin watch. The app is really useful with the rewards and chores and she still loves playing the game even after all this time.

Purchased in May 2019 at Rebel Sport for $99.00.

Robert
RobertSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Great base product, but cant get replacement bands anywhere

My son loves it, but the clasp for the band broke within a few weeks. couldnt get a replacement anywhere, even though they had just come out. Called garmin - therell be out soon, that was 6 months ago.

Purchased in December 2018 at Officeworks Online store for $169.00.

Roxana
RoxanaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great features poor quality

Was my sons favourite gadget
And he used to wear it all the time until he broke the watch band strap, we couldn’t find the strap band And it wasn’t sold separately in stores, and on Garmin website was roughly 40$ So we tried eBay and the new silicon band didn’t work for a week

Purchased in March 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

Cecile
CecileIllawarra, NSW

The best thing my boy could get for his 7th birthday!

My 7 year old got it for his birthday. It's been awesome for him and us. We have set up day to day chores and rewards, and now he brushes his teeth in the morning and evening without having to be reminded, he cleans his bedroom and playroom all by himself, does his homework with pleasure. Plus he tries his hardest every day to get as many steps as he can and total lots of active minutes so he can play the game on my phone at night (as a reward, it takes 2 minutes and it's now part of our bedtime routine). Overall I am super happy with it and would totally recommend it!

Purchased in February 2019 for $119.00.

Rus22
Rus22

Great idea, poor product

Great concept. Both my kids’ Garmins worked well for a couple of months, then needed their batteries replaced. We were replacing batteries every month or so. In the last month, both Garmins stopped working after a swimming lesson and now won’t come back on, even with a brand new battery. Very expensive product for a kids watch that needs constant battery replacement and now after less than a year doesn’t work!

Purchased in November 2018 at Target Australia for $120.00.

Great watch

This watch has been fantastic for my son. Love being able to set chores/rewards. Battery has come up as almost due to replace after 5 months which is a lot earlier than I was expecting

Purchased in February 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

Waste of money...

I don’t normally bother writing reviews but this watch has really bothered me. First there was a battery recall so Garmin sent out a new battery - awesome. However the new battery didn’t last either. Over 12 months we had to change the battery 4 times!! The band broke within the first couple months so bought a cheap band on eBay which actually lasted longer the the Garmin band. Then the button would often get stuck, after 14 months the watch has completely broken , not turning on at all. There are a few good reviews and maybe we were unlucky and bought a dodgy one. I will not be buying another Garmin ever again.

Purchased in April 2018 at Rebel Sport for $120.00.

Jackie_Bell
Jackie_BellHunter Region, NSW

Don't waste your money

Bought 2 for my kids birthday. 1 lasted 9 months then the button stopped working after a day at the beach. The other one barely lasted 3 months before it stopped working. They just aren't rugged enough for kids to use on a day-to-day basis, which is a shame because the concept is good.

Purchased in December 2018 at Big W for $125.00.