Gillette Venus Original

Gillette Venus Original

See the Best Women's Shavers / Razors in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Juliamc

JuliamcEDGEWORTh

Close shave no nicks

I love this shaver. It gets super close and doesn't give me any cuts, even when I'm in a rush.
It doesn't make my skin itchy like most shavers and its cost effective as the blades stay sharp for many uses

katty123

katty123AU

I like this razor, gives a close shave and small in size aposed to the newer ones
on the downside the refill can become very expensive it like 14 dollars or so for only a few, which is quiete rediculous,
i will continue to use this product as it does a resonably good job i cant complain.
Good Close Shave
Expensive Refils

GBeaumont

GBeaumontAU

Terrible

I used this shaver for a few years as a teenager and thought it was good until I tried a 4 blade razor overseas. The Venus is easy to use and maneuver, but it does not give you a close shave at all - you'd be better off with a Schick Quattro for Women or other 4 blade shaver. I would not recommend this product - it does not offer value for money.
Easy to use and maneuver over knees and curves.
Does not offer a close shave. You have to go over the same area several times for it to completely clear the area of hair.

beautyqueen

beautyqueenvic, 3824

Good

overall i like this razor and use it all the time in the shower, its perfect and handy and looks quite nice too the only thing that bothers me is that the refills are so expensive
i have this razor in the shower and find it so easy to use, does the job very qucikly and i havent cut myself with it even once like some other razors, leavemy skin smooth and soft and not dry like others razors too, the perfect close shave
the razor itself and the refills are very expensive but look out for them when they are on special

silent_d

silent_dVictoria, 3178

Good

I've been using Gillette Venus for a few years now, though mostly because I don't care to go out and buy another one when I have one already. The shaving heads are decent, and comfortable to use, though after using ones with inbuilt soap, I prefer those. The Venus shaver provides a good base for shaving, and will get the job done.
Leaves a smooth shave, easy to use, comfortable.
Can be a bit challenging to shave in the shower (without having the soap wash away first), and can sometimes cut the skin. Have had a couple of experiences where it has left a tiny bit or irritation. And the cartridges are really expensive for what they are.

fleursspesh

fleursspesh

Good

This is a way more effective shaving option than cheap disposables. You've got to be having a pretty bad day to manage to cut yourself. It gives a nice clean shave and the razor itself is a quite cute design. The only drawback is the cost of replacement blades. But apart from that, I think it's the best for it's price on the market and I wouldn't use anything else!
Easy to use and you're unlikely to cut yourself shaving
Can almost work out cheaper to buy a new razor than replacement blades (not exactly great for the planet though!)

leanneleanne

leanneleanne

I have been using the Gillette Venus range since I began shaving my legs, and always come back to it. The quality of the cartridges and handle are good. The blades don’t cause any irritation on my skin after shaving, as long as you make sure to change the blades regularly as they get blunt. The head has a wide pivoting angle which helps immensely as it glides over contours of the body easily.
Shaves cleanly and closely, doesn’t cause irritation (when blades are sharp and new), is easy to grip and hold, lightweight, head pivots, three blades.
Blade cartridges are expensive (as with most razors).

sare423

sare423

Good

With so many products available to remove hair from every part of your body, sometimes its hard to find the basics! This razor has a comfy grip, comes with a shower holder and the 3 blades mean you get a close shave. The starter pack does come with refill cartridges which is good, and the blue strip on the bottom of the razor indicates when its time to change blades. Overally a well made product, that's keeping personal care and hair removal quick and simple!
Does the job, affordable, easy to use
Still need to use shaving cream or soap

Ranita_McLay
Ranita_McLay

Easy shave but made my underarms dark