GO MasterCard

GO MasterCard Questions & Answers

51 questions from our users

Neville James

Neville Jamesasked

I have a Heritage Bank debit card am I able to transfer money from my account to Go Master card on a monthly basis

Matilda

Matildaasked

What does finance serve charge mean on my statement I paid my card earlier and paid more than they asked please help

Kim

Kimasked

Just got approved. If I buy say $3000 of items from Harvey Norman, on 50 months interest free, do I pay $3000 decided by 50 months equal amounts and a once off $25 fee and then the $5 monthly fee on top of my equal payments??? Is that all I pay?? As long as I do that before end of 50 months

Yes if the offer is for 50 months equal payments but the monthly fee is currently $5.95 . . . . beware they do like to increase fees etc from time to time and your Rewards points get devalued along the way as they hike the redemption points required massively from time to time. Make sure payments are up to date to avoid nasty interest applied, they do show on monthly Statement in red 'Total due' and also in red 'Payment to reduce future interest:' if you're using the card for other purchases adding up, that bit is handy to know. Customer service is pretty good so ask any questions you may have.

Jerimiah V

Jerimiah Vasked

I can't do it anymore. I used my GoMastercard too many times at different stores and the interest has gotten to be too much. I'll never be able to pay it off. I've really been trying! Up to $300 per month and I keep getting $90 fees for nothing! How the hell can they expect me to pay all that? I've paid FAR more than the original price for my TV and PC. I'm glad I have them but it's like this is a scam. So, I'm just wondering: what happens if I stop paying it? Will my TV and PC get repossessed or something? Will it permanently ruin my credit? At this point, I'm willing to say screw my good credibility. This just isn't worth it. So can someone tell me: should I just stop? Will they take my PC and TV if I do? What will happen? Can I stop?!

Shane k.

Shane k.asked

Online application

Jazzkid

I think you can Shane. I went to www dot gomastercard dot com dot au/apply/ and found it is possible.

Steve

Steveasked

Hi I just increased my credit limit but the cash limit didn’t change. Does this normally take a few days?

vince h
vince h

make mastrecard account

Francis M.

Francis M.asked

I bought a drone (March 2018) and a dryer (Dec 2018) from Harvey Norman using 50 months interest free via Go Mastercard. I noticed that when you avail of the interest free, you pay more than the advertised amount of the product ( for example, if you look in the Harvey Norman website, a DJI Mavic Air fly more combo costs $1397. If you buy 50 months int. free, it costs $1694.50 over 50 months because they said they incorporated the $5.95 monthly fee). So you pay $33.89/month. The same thing with my dryer, they incorporated another $5.95/month in the cost of purchase. I also noticed that in my bill, I'm also charged a $5.95 account fee AND a $0.95 payment fee each month. So this means, each month, I get charged $18.8 (5.95 x 3 + 0.95). Is this the same for everyone else?

Auntysooty
Auntysooty

Hi Francis, I have a debt of $9000 with Gomastercard. It will cost me almost $9200 to pay them out in one hit. Every payment I do is at the post office which costs me $2.50 and a $5.95 for acc service fee. On their website look under Rates & Fees to get a good handle on the extra chargers. Otherwise ring and ask them for an explanation.

ben dover

Why would you ask the question here the logical thing to do would be to contact Go mastercard

Ruth Shawasked

How do I go to page 2 on my mastercard statement?

Ruth Shaw

How can I answer my own question.? I want to know how I go to page 2 on my statements

ask go mastercard

Franz A.
Franz A.

It isnt a charity mate, understand that you are borrowing money and it can’t be totally interest free. They have to get something out of it as well, it’s a business at the end of the day. I reckon you can take advantage of it if you are going to purchase say house furnishings for example worth $10k..in 50months they’ll earn $300 (5.95 per month fee) for the 10k you borrowed that’s an absolute bargain rather than doing a personal loan with 12% interest annually..

Ruth Shawasked

How do I go to page 2 on my mastercard statement?

Hi Ruth
On an iPad this can be a bit tricky. You need to open/download the statement to open it.

Hi Ruth

ezzaasked

I have made four separate interest free purchases. One of the purchase the interest free expires next month.
How do i make a separate payment to pay off a particular interest free payment?

BPAY

ezza

What I'm trying to say is once I make a bpay payment the funds go to the first purchase I've made and not the one that expires next month.

Helper

To my knowledge you cant do that I think

Sonya

Sonyaasked

Hi, I decreased my credit limit last April 2018 & was told I can't increase the limit again until a year has passed. It's now mid May 2019 & I still can't increase the limit & nobody has an answer?.
Please advise when I can.
Thanks, Sonya

Hi Sonya,

As part of new federal lending criteria this is a safety feature to make sure people can pay their credit cards back on time.

If your credit card has no outstanding balancing id recommend you simply apply for another credit card through a different provider.

It’s easier and far quicker.

Hi Sonya
Increasing credit limit totally depends on credit rating
If some one told you can increase after a year it's just a estimation but not exactly right
Your credit card approvals and credit increase depends on credit rating which in turn depends on your repayment histories how many assets and liabilities
If you want to get a card or increase your card limit with out any hitch you have to be on time for all payments

Nilantha Lokupathirage

Nilantha Lokupathirageasked

We can perches Harvey Norman only

Heidi C.

Heidi C.asked

I only got the go Mastercard for my interest free stuff at Harvey Norman and on my app it is coming up as a purchase and not an interest free! What do I do? Please help I’m freaking out!

Jazzkid

I went to use it on the app last week at Harvey Norman. Fortunately, the sales person knew that if I used the app the Go MC would be used like a master card, not the interest free version. So the answer for me was, don't use the app for interest free purchases. You need to use the physical card. I also found they can do it using a drivers licence if you don't have the Go card with you. :)

Thuy

Thuyasked

hi there , how can i close my Go mastercard account?

Ricky

It's made difficult on purpose - that's why it's not listed anywhere.

Call 1300 462 273 and ask to speak to accounts to close it - please leave minimum 1 hour to complete this process as you'll be transferred several times, you'll be waiting a while to talk to someone who will then be an expert at trying to convince you to keep the card.

To save time make sure your account has been paid off prior to calling.

Good luck with it!

kim

kimasked

What are "Billed finance charges" they change every month. Its a recent extra charge on top of monthly account service fee and payment handling fee. I only have interest free things on it.

Nadine C.
Nadine C.

Hi Kim, mm that doesn't sound quite right, there is a link on their site, Rates, Fees & charges, have a look into that there hopefully there will be an explaination

consumer111

i have the same question

consumer111

maybe this? https://www.thebalance.com/how-to-avoid-credit-card-finance-charges-960241

Murray Keogh

Murray Keoghasked

Hi, I'm looking for a increase in credit limit have been a member for 8 yrs, don't have any outstanding debt at all.
Am looking to refurbish the home.
Cheers Murray Keogh

john smith

Have you contacted go master card & asked

Thea

Theaasked

Can I pay my latitude MasterCard fortnightly - paying half of monthly amount each fortnight without any extra fees

john smith

have you contacted go mastercard & asked

Averil Portch

Averil Portchasked

to borrow 8,000 dollars , what is the interest or payment a month

john smith

have you contacted go mastercard & asked only they can give you the correct answer

Bruce S.

Bruce S.asked

Is there anyway to make a payment to avoid the the payment fee?

Jenny B.
Jenny B.

Set up direct debit from your bank account :)

Melanie C.
Melanie C.

Do it in your online account then its free

Doreen D.

Doreen D.asked

Can I use my card at a used car dealers

Mark
Mark

Zack Ristov
Zack Ristov

I would not recommend it. You will end up paying 5X the value of your car! The best thing to do is cut the card up and throw it in the bin! There are much better cards out there. This card is a total rip off!

Get an answer from our members and Latitude Financial representatives