Grundfos SCALA2

70% · 8934 · 27%

Bec
BecQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD
  Fair IncentivePinned

Water pressure is so much better!

Our old water pump broke so we had to buy a new one. We weren’t sure which one to get, but we looked up this one and saw it had pretty good reviews. We went ahead and bought it. It was easy to install and the water pressure inside the house is so much better. Definitely recommend

Purchased in for $783.44.

Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
Alex
Alex

Scala Pump

Great pump, love the variable speed. Very quiet and energy efficient
katie h.
katie h.QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD
  Fair Incentive

Great product and fab service

great products love its use and look and very happy with overall performance. good pricing for what i needed Show details
David A
David AQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Product, Never had any problems

Have installed numerous SCALA2's and 1's, Have found them easy to install due to the moveable inlet and outlet, as well as saves using unions as the pump itself has one. The priming port helps ensure its full of water before you turn it on. The quiet run of the motor helps heaps when old pumps have been installed on the other side of bedrooms and moving is too big of a job or cost is too great. Have had no problems over last couple years. We are licensed plumbers who ensure its installed to manufacturers installation requirements. Show details
Craig S
Craig STASHobart, TAS

3 dead pumps and I'm out

The Scala2 is a great pump when it's working, good and consistent pressure. Unfortunately
I've had three of these pumps which have failed way too early. Two had the plastic casing where the outlet pipe had developed leaks which look like a fine spray coming straight through the plastic. Not repairable according to the pump guy. The other pump motor seized because the main seal had failed. Again not repairable. Each pump lasted just over two years which is pretty poor given the price. No more Grundfos pumps for me, which is a shame because in years gone by they were pretty good pumps.
David J
David JQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD
  Fair Incentive

Nice looking unit, love the variable speed

Sleek water pump, pressure adjustable and variable speed pump which saved energy Show details
1ozflyerQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD24 posts

Jim
Jim7 posts

Ray
Ray2 posts

Grundfos Scala2 an excellent choice

The Grindfos Scala2 is an excellent choice for a rural domestic water suppy.
The ease of installation and the quiet operation is only the start. The variable speed drive ensures maximum energy savings every time you turn on the tap. Show details
Melissa
MelissaVICGippsland, VIC
  Fair Incentive

Perfect for offgrid vegetable garden irrigation

A bit more expensive than other pumps sized for the same job, but the variable speed drive means we will significantly reduce the size of the solar system required to drive the pump. Much smaller inverter since we don’t have to worry about the 5 to 6 times inrush current from a regular pump, and we can throttle the pump power to match demand reducing required battery size. Overall cost saving. ASC tanks were great to deal with. Just in the process of hooking it up… Show details
Greg
Greg
  Fair Incentive Verified

An efficient and reliable product

Have a Scala2 for 5 years in a household use with no problems to date and have purchased another to service a new house at the same site. An efficient and reliable product, I highly recommend it.
Andy
AndySAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA8 posts

Excellent customer support from Grundfos

Initially I was very impressed with the quietness of my Scala 2. The installation was relatively simple and required a minimum of tools. However, over the last couple of years, our pump has became subtly more noisy and the pressure began oscillating. Just recently it started making an awful racket (I suspect the bearings). In hindsight, I probably should have called Grundfos much earlier.
I've just installed a replacement Scala 2 pump. Very quiet and smooth once again. I hope the issues with the earlier Scala 2 pumps has now been resolved but based on other reviews here, I'm going to take a 'wait and see' approach. Grundfos Customer Service have been absolutely wonderful. Show details
Aria
AriaVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

Common leak issue

Just over a year old purchased late 2021 and already developed a major leak from the bottom similar to what other reviews stated. Pump build date late 2019.
Unfortunately we have lost the purchase receipt and the dealer was not able to help with any warranty claims.
Definitely follow the warranty criteria and keep paperwork as you might need it at some stage.

Update Mar 2023: Following this review Grundfos contacted me and investigated the matter. They kindly provided a new replacement pump build date mid 2022 with 2yrs warranty within a couple of weeks lead time which is very helpful.
They confirmed some design improvements have been implemented so fingers crossed the new pump lasts for a while. Show details

Johnny V.
Johnny V.

Stay away

Scala2 has had this leaking problem for years now and can't fix the problems. Please stay away and look for alternative pumps. Show details
Robyn N
Robyn N2 posts
  Fair Incentive

Impeccable service right from the start!

I needed a pump which would be best suited to an off-grid system.
This is it! Show details

Bala N.
Bala N.

Hello Grundfos Team,

I am writing to inquire about my Scala2 pump which is two years old and currently experiencing lower pressure. The technician who inspected the pump suggested that it needs to be replaced since it cannot be repaired. However, I am concerned whether the pump is still under warranty or not.

Thank you for your help.

Grundfos
Grundfos   DM
Thomas V.

I purchased a Scala2 11 months ago--it has worked perfectly. However, was wondering is there any service required on a Scala2 on a yearly basis. I was told I need to check the air pressure on the pump (should be 25 pounds); is this correct? Is any other service required on an annual basis? No mention of this in the manual I got with the pump.

Thomas V.

No on amy maintenance, or no on having to check to see if air pressure is 25 psi? Thank you in advance for any insight.

Grundfos
Grundfos   DM
Aldwin V.
Aldwin V.

Theres always leak in the bottom of the scala. In the strainer at the bottom. I change the gasket or the o ring.. theres a leak again and the o ring have a damage..

1ozflyer

This is a design fault of this product, read the negative reviews

Extra Information