Harvey Norman Physical Store

Harvey Norman Physical Store

Appliances, Electronics and Furniture
2.4 from 2,949 reviews

A good Sale item

I was looking to buy a Microwave oven. Found a good product on shelve. Using it for 04 months and have not noticed any abnormality .
This brand has layers of process which customers are asked to follow.

Store LocationAuburn
Product PurchasedMicrowave Oven

Disappointed with Leather sofa

Leather sofa has started to fall apart after 6 months. Stitching on arm rest fraying, reclining mechanism is broken. Found a better sofa for $600 cheaper to replace it. HN staff did not care - poor service.

Beware! for new customers

I bought sofa, took 5 months for delivery. Customer service is not professional. Lengthy process and now waiting for a warranty claim resolution for furniture used only for 5 months
Raised concern to head office, but literally, no one cares

Warranty Claim MadeYes
Store LocationAuburn

Worst experience - carpet

I would not recommend HN for carpets/flooring to anyone.
Bad experience all around from measuring the room incorrectly (David), to arriving at 5.45pm on a Friday night to lay the carpet (they said they would be there after 1pm - which I suppose they were - but really, 545pm!? I called 3 times to find out where they were and the time kept getting pushed back). Unhelpful at first in trying rectify the situation once carpet was too short. The final straw was a rude and bullying phone call, instead of a polite reminder about remaining payment (David).
Manny needs a good mention as being extremely helpful and knowing her job well as a sales rep. She sent me the apology I requested and I thank her for trying to help.
I will not be going back here for future carpets or flooring - Ever.

Store LocationMoore Park

Love my bed

Harvey Norman staff were helpful, tried a few different ones before settling on the beauty rest medium. Super comfortable hate sleeping on anything else now .very well constructed and offers a lot of support for the head , shoulders , hips would but another

Worst experience ever

I had the worst experience ever with the shop, salesman named Thomas, and the staff named Daniel who declared himself as the manager. The salesman misguided and misleading us with the product that we ended up buying. We made complaint about the product because it’s not working properly as the salesman said it would be and they seemed very annoyed by it and they just said it works perfectly. The manager showed up and said it worked perfectly ACCORDING TO THE THEIR OPINION. He kept staring at us in a bullying way and asked us to take our product and leave. He even said ‘good luck with your coffee machine!’. What a terrible experience. No wonder the rating for the shop is so low. Seems like many customers experience the same thing.

Store LocationHarvey Norman Broadway

Pleasantly surprised

I wasn't expecting to be so happy after my visit to my local HN store. Excellent customer service, really friendly knowledgeable staff on the cash register. Well worth a visit..

Abused by delivery driver

Purchased Berwick sofa guy we deal with left and other sale person give us same price to buy it, from 4 weeks it took them 9 weeks to finally arrived on delivery day driver asked for extra money to take sofa upstairs to home in refusal driver abused my wife and threatened her luckily one of gentlemen confronted the deliver driver and told him leave and he took sofa back after receiving verbal abuse we decided not have sofa from that store
Store manger refused to cancel order no apology by store manager what he said want to cancel go ahead I will charge cancellation fees forced to have sofa very rude no professionalism and full of lies don’t ever buy from willey Park Harvey Norman you are paying to get abused by there Franchise Not returning to harvey norman and will recommend not buy atleast from willey Park store or pay to get abused,deal with rude Manger Mo Elmir and Harvey Norman will do nothing about it as it’s franchise not own store

Store LocationWilley Park

Cheap plastic not fantastic..Jerry Harvey shame!

Purchase the Fraser 5 piece setting from Harvey Norman.
Looked great in store and great price! So we thought :( Boxes arrived for assembly after being sent to wrong address! Screws too short to assemble the item. Assembly not for the faint hearted. Had to use our own longer bolts. Will need to purchase longer bolts yourself to assemble. PVC wicker coming apart before even assembled. PVC is held with tiny cheap pins..cheap and nasty item :( Buyer beware do not purchase.

Product Appearance As advertised
Store LocationHarvey Norman Rutherford

ARISTON RPD1067DAUS

Washing machine is perfect for our medium size family. It is easy to use & has all benefits that were advised. Harvey norman sales man was very helpful & price & delivery was excellent.

Store LocationHARVEY NORMAN ASPLEY

Taken advantage of

Saw a laptop I wanted. The list price was $1290... The salesman said he will give me "a deal" and give it to me at the price of $1,080. I accepted. Went home and noticed the price on their website was $980.. Almost $300 cheaper.. Not only that, they listed on the website a "Radeon Vega 6" yet it has a "Radeon Vega 3" graphics card.
Plus! I was charged $99 for an in-store labour fee - no labour was done!!
Very unhappy. After many years of spending thousands there, I will never go back.

Store LocationNoarlunga
Product PurchasedHP Pavilion

No wonder retail stores are dying out

I waited 30 minutes with no service. It wasn’t busy. Not under staffed. Staff walking around and not wanting to move from their designated sections. Can’t sell in other departments. The structure of staff on the floor is outdated and does not work in current climate. Purchases would had totaled more than $1000 by myself but I chose to walk out after one staff member helped a man who had waited half the time I did. It gives me great pleasure knowing these stores, the incompetent staff and poor structure will soon be a thing of the past :)

Customer Service hahahahaha

Went to purchase a new laptop...what a joke ...we were the only customers in the store and we were totally ignored by the two staff members that I think worked there...well maybe not.

Store LocationMorayfield

Appalling customer service and poor quality furniture

We purchased a couch from Harvey Norman when we moved into our new house and after a few months we noticed that the cushions had lost their firmness and shape. We took some of the cushions into our local Ballarat store and the customer service staff were very dismissive and unhelpful. It was months of follow ups (in person and via email) before they gave us the option of replacing the cushions at an additional cost of $400. We refused to pay any more for a product that was of such poor quality to begin with.

Even when we escalated our issues to the Head Office Manager they were of no help and were once again dismissive.

Please do yourself a favour and buy your furniture elsewhere from a place that takes pride in their customer service. If I could give Harvey Norman no stars I would.

Store LocationBallarat

Dillon couch

Staff in furniture full of lies. Don’t trust with warranty they give you wd words . Din’t Trust wd interest free period you say to them. They can put different time n hammer you hard wd interest.

Dhillon couch!!!!!
Best crap I ever bought with 5 years of warranty. It sagged and back cushion dropped significantly.Raised complain as paid top dollars for it. $6000.

Tech came around after 20 calls. Followed up after few months n they lost this case. Came across manager and she treated me like a criminal and shouted for raising my concern. After 1 year of struggle finally removed it of my property n had it back after months. They did nothing to it apart from smothering and fluffing it up.Raised my concern as no repairs were done . Same manager taught me as how much it costs company to send it to repair and treated me like a refugee.

Conclusion is , I end up buying another couch and thinking to dump this eye sore crap at tip.

After months of misery I am finally putting my story here.

Dhillon couch don’t buy . Expensive n cheap product like any of their furniture.

Shop around, m sure you will be better looked after.

See you at Vcat , Harvey Norman.

Product Appearance As advertised
Store LocationHoppers Crossing

Wiley Park Harvey Norman

Pre purchase service was ok but after purchase service was rude and unprofessional. There are many reputable and honest Harvey Norman. The Wiley Park store is not one of them. Buyer beware.

Store LocationWiley Park

Regrets Regrets and Regrets

I ordered a pricey Leather Lounge with 14 weeks ETA delivery which commenced mid of July 2019. Now it's 3rd of Sep and I have no clue where my lounge is. Every time I am close to ETA they ask 2 more weeks for delivery. I paid full price upfront at store in advance and had no idea where I am falling. Lost the charm of putting new lounge in my new house which is not that new anymore.

Store LocationHarvey Norman Cannington

Poor Quality Leather Lounge

Purchased a corner leather lounge from Harvey Norman Carindale 4 years ago and the leather is cracking in the same place on both of the recliners. I chose to shop at Harvey Norman because I believed that they sold superior products to other stores. Obviously I was wrong and I do not want others to make the same mistake. Higher prices does not mean better quality.

Store LocationCarindale

Done our homework

After much searching we found our fridge at Harvey Norman Price was reasonable on sale . Sales man very good on what size would fit in our space very happy with our purchase

Store LocationWaurnponds

Not so happy with Oxley team

I bought couple of things from Oxley each time I went there same boring customer service. Not worth to go again. Price is higher then most of the store around.

Store LocationOxley