Harvey Norman Retail Stores

2.5

3,293 reviews

Ana

AnaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Product sold not as described

Store LocationHoppers Crossing - Harvey Norman -
paul

paul

lounge poor quality

very poor quality leather lounge , would not help with the consumer guarantee regarding going out of shape, this lounge is manufactured in china,Harvey Norman expert said this is fair wear and tear. and that they would not repair or replace.

Store LocationHarvey Norman Castle Hill
Neil

NeilSydney, NSW

Excellent customer service

We recently did a bathroom Reno , and purchased all our products from Harvey Norman Penrith. Ryan Ely helped us with our selection , he had a sound knowledge , was very helpful in making our decision with what we bought.
Excellent in customer service ,we were very impressed with him. Thanks Ryan for helping us .

Store LocationPenrith

Ruth SerhanHunter Region, NSW

Lenova ideaPad S340-OP Computer with Microsoft Office

WARNING BEWARE WHEN PURCHASING a Lenova computer with Microsoft Office . I have returned this DEVICE THREE times for repair, its still not fixed. They blame Microsoft Office which was purchased through them, Word and Outlook CANNOT BE USED, they wont do anything about that despite us also having purchased "36 months Product Care Replace" Care No:PC-0103100947328. EXPIRY 29/04/2024.
Hopefully this is NOT THE END.

Store LocationBennetts Green Harvey Norman
Product PurchasedLenova ideaPad S340-OP Computer with Microsoft Office
Ruth Serhan

I have spoken to James the store manager and he is going to replace our computer and fix the problem . He couldn’t be more helpful.

Linda M.South East Queensland, QLD

MacBook Pro and $549 dearer than Apple themselves

Linda M.

Love to see a comment from Harvey Norman here for my friend but guess they don't care what people say about them.

Darren J

Darren JGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Lenovo Chromebook C340 - Buyer beware

I purchased two of these for my kids today via click and collect from harvery norman Maribyrnong. Opened the box and one had a smashed screen and body was bent. Took it back to the shop and they refused to exchange. They said because the box wasn't damaged it not their fault. They called back and said Lenovo wont give a refund either because they say every item checked before it leaves the production facility..... (not their fault they say)
They simply refuse to refund or exchange even when we called them minutes after being handed the box.

I had no choice but to buy another one and they said take the issue to the ACCC

What customer service that is!

Store LocationMaribyrnong
Product PurchasedLenovo C340 Chromebook

Beware of them

We visited the Harvey Norman furniture store, Moore Park. Matt, the staff is a cheat and rude.

Each of the staff quotes their own price and this guy Matt quoted the price more than the actual displayed price (which we noticed afterwards). And he is like, this is the best price I can offer, and boasting about himself, and quite intimidating. When we pointed out to him that he has quoted more than the price that's on display, he started arguing and defending. We had planned to buy the furniture set but thanks to him, we decided to buy our furniture from another brand. Avoid Harvey Norman furnitures store. And if by any chance, you visit Moore Park, beware of this Matt guy.

Store LocationMoore Park

Sitting on the floor for 3 weeks now!

We ordered a lounge 14 weeks ago. Spent $7000 and having spent probably in excess of $50000 over the past 20 years, still waiting, no customer service. Very disappointed and still no idea when our lounge is coming, we sold our old lounge so have been sitting on the floor for 3 weeks, we were told when we ordered 8-10 weeks. If it weren’t for us calling we would not have heard from anyone. Our loyalty to the brand is no more!

Store LocationCampbelltown
Mark

MarkMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

disgusted

Was given the wrong information when ordering bar stools, was originally told 2 weeks, 2 1/2 weeks ago. Just called to check only to be told another month away. If I knew that to start with i wouldn't have ordered them. Lot to said for shopping local.

Store LocationMount Barker SA

KATRINA

KATRINANorth-West & West coast, TAS

Plaza lounge suite

Store LocationDevonport Tasmania
Darb1974

Darb1974Perth, WA

Surface Pro Cover

Don't attempt to return anything or you maybe labelled a liar! Unbelievable. I tried and was told that I must bring in all my equipment to prove that what I was saying was accurate. Never I have ever felt such criticism from a store. Never I have ever felt the need to pen a review due to such poor behaviour and customer service. You can be sure I will be taking my custom elsewhere. I would urge others to do likewise as you only know the level of service when things go sideways and you need to return to receive a replacement or store credit.

Store LocationOsborne Park
Product PurchasedSurface Pro Cover
madee

madeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Customer service for faulty goods.

Store LocationMt Gravatt
Product PurchasedKarcher FC5
Shelley

Shelley

Debbie from the Darwin Store was an awesome sales person. Debbie is so helpful and made our purchase so easy.

There was so much choice and good priced products and we are really happy with our new lounge. If you want a good sales person who knows her items then ask for Debbie at the Darwin Store.

Store LocationDarwin Northern Territory
Isobel Porter

Isobel PorterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Customer service is very poor

The online cashback promotion does not pay out. I contacted the sales person and he was not helpful. I spent 3 days working on it and will not use Harvey Norman again

Store LocationBundall
carolyn

carolynGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Exceptional customer service

I called the Taylors Lakes store and spoke to Josh. I wanted to purchase a tv due to a poor experience with JB Hi Fi. My current tv was broken and JB won’t replace or refund until stage 4 is over. Josh was amazing, the purchase made, advice given and my questions answered and this time I got the tv I wanted. I organised click and collect for the next day. The whole process was simple. Thanks Josh and Harvey Norman

Store LocationTaylor’s lakes
Product PurchasedLG Nano 9 Series 4K 86NANO91TNA (86")

Daniel

DanielIsabella Plains 2905, ACT

Terrible customer service

Very poor customer service and poor attention to deal with billing...... Made me and my partner to took leave from our job to fix the irresponsible service...Very stressful and unsatisfied

Store LocationFyshwick, ACT

Worst experience ever !

Product Appearance Not as advertised
Weed

WeedThornlands

Will not harvey norman

Took in a working computer to have the data transferred to a new computer purchase at Harvey Norman, went to pick it up ant they told me that the data was missing on the old computer therefore couldn’t be loaded onto the new computer. Told me it was my fault because I didn’t do a backup yet when I took the old. Mind you, when I took the old computer to them, it was working and all the data was there. Found the technician to be extremely arrogant! For this service I was charged $298.00

Store LocationCapalaba
Lala

LalaSydney, NSW

Good service after purchase

I had a few problems with the purchase and was worried it wouldn’t be fixed but the process was very efficient and quick for a replacement. Definitely made things easier.

Product Appearance As advertised
Sara Osborn

Sara OsbornSydney, NSW

Lovely Carpentry - New Flooring

I purchased new carpet from HN Penrith. Quentin was wonderful to deal with. I had no idea to which carpet would be best for me. Quentin provided me with 3 choices of carpet that suited the style of my home, which complimented the homes decor and with a lovely soft thick carpet suitable for dogs and a family.
Shaun, the carpet layer did a wonderful job flooring my whole home. All the joins and edging are immaculate. Shaun felt safe and comfortable to have inside whilst I am working from home