Hayu

Hayu

its a no from me..

I've had it for 5 months to give it good shot, but im going to cancel my subscription it doesn't even load the list properly, or doesn't load at all until i give up and watch Netflix also it doesn't pick up from where you were last watching. don't waste your time or money.. your welcome

Not Impressed

Not a fan of the HayU site, it’s really slow, picture quality is really bad most of the time, just recently the video has started to stop and go back to the beginning. I have made contact with them about this but nothing ever gets resolved. I guess, like me, there are a large number of people who still pay their monthly subscriptions to keep this site going, but I’m out after this month, too frustrating to watch and their tech team clearly don’t know how to fix the issue. Oops forgot to mention that I have to keep extending the page after each episode which is annoying, plus the fact it doesn’t have the ability to follow on where you left off, you have to go in and search again, so annoying.

Terrible!

Hayu was only good for about a month and after that the service was terrible. The connection was poor and I could barely finish a show without an error occurring, also I cancelled my subscription to find that somehow it was automatically renewed and charged me after that. The customer service is terrible, you are talking to a bot that copies and pastes the messages.

Ps. If you get over-charged they won't give your money back. Stick to Netflix

Hayu app is terrible

The app is extremely slow and often doesnt load at all and has to be restarted. The episodes dont play in the correct order and they stop loading throughout (not an internet problem as there are no issues with netflix). Not even worth the $6.99 a month.

Doesnt work?

I signed up for the free trial and it didnt let me watch anything. I better not get charged anything as I cancelled after 1 hour. Waste of time

Legit a pack of idiots running it

So many connection issues. The interface on all devices is so bad and not optimised or thought about. Run by a pack of idiots. I hope they fail miserably

Good shows.... terrible app

The shows are good and are on time from the US, however the Hayu app is appalling. I have to reset it multiple times throughout viewing. It needs a huge amount of work.

Cancelled my subscription after 2 days and was still charged the following month.....

I subscribed to Hayu on Nov 8th, only because I could get cash back on Caddle anyway for signing up. I cancelled my subscription 2 days later. After my 30 day free trial(which I never watched a millisecond of any of their shows), I was charged a monthly fee which they refused to re-imburse me...

Don't!! Their customer service is the WORST.. EVER!!!

Tried to give it the benefit of the doubt... Don't bother.

I have had Hayu for about 9 months because I was trying to give it the benefit of the doubt but wish I never signed up in the first place.
I even read reviews about it before I got it and it's very hard to find even an 'alright one' anyways I still fell into the trap of a cheap $5.99 p/m form of entertainment where is would always lose my place in my shows, take forever to load and the last straw was went I realised it has been double charging me this whole time so not so cheap anymore. I had only ever got the one email per month from my iTunes about the first charge then in the next two weeks another charge would be made.
It's very disappointing that they are still up and running and I hope that people read my review and really listen to NOT fall for the trap of this 'cheap' subscription!!

Website is a joke, constant lag

So every few months the connection to my fetch account/device gets dropped and I have to go to the website to re-associate it. The problem is the website is constantly near collapse, can take minutes to get the login screen and hours of (re)trying to log in to associate a new device (the same device again).

So it is fine while it works but drives you nuts when it regularly falls apart. They always blame your connection or browser, but I have tried multiple browsers on multiple machines, through home NBN, mobile phone and my work connection, all have the same problem when their site goes down but they REFUSE to admit they are having issues..

Had enough and want to disconnect, good luck to me getting on to do that though.

FRAUD - Hayu double bills you every month.

Hayu costs the double of what they advertise about.
They don’t pay you back, they don’t call you, all you get is automatic email answers which are useless.

Terrible app!
It is practically impossible to shut down app payments.

Please don’t endure the same stress as I have been through after buying this fraud app.

Poor customer support

I have had Hayu for almost 5 months no issues. 2 days ago for no reason I got an error and had to sign back in. When I tried to sign in kept saying I need to subscribe. I emailed Hayu support, they responded that I have a different email and in order to help need to send screenshot of my bill for Hayu charges and provide my details and registration number. I have done this and 2 days later no response. I have sent and resent the email but no one is getting back to me to try and resolve the issue.
The customer service is poor and no option to make phone contact.

Misleading

So i decided to take advantage of the "30 day free trial", only to find out that my account was being charged from day 1.
And although, i did enjoy some of the content, (once i got it to work properly), after receiving NO response from my multiple emails regarding the "payment" issue, i decided to cancel my subscription.
Its not an expensive stream by any means, but i DO NOT appreciate being ripped off.

Dodgy app & terrible customer service

Wasn’t able to get app to work initially so ended up streaming through the website. Found out 3 months later (ITunes app didn’t state what the charge was) I was charged twice every month. Wrote to customer support for help, took many many screenshots of the multiple charges as requested then refused any refunds due to some rubbish about “being notified via email about subscriptions” which I wasn’t. To be honest the app is dodgy and hard to stream with ease. Once I’ve exhausted the limited amount of shows I’ll cancel completely. Cancelled the website subscription so as far as I know won’t be fraudulently charged twice. I only have one working email account so it baffles me they persist to use garbage explanations and wouldn’t help me (a simple check that I have two accounts tied to one email address).

Does not work and won't help at all

Constantly cuts out and restarts any TV show when I receive any notification or use any other app whilst watching Heyu, I've complained multiple times but all they say is feedback would be sent, didn't even reply to my last complaint.
Have contacted the consumer ombudsman in regards the this issue.

Crap

Lagging stream, pages don’t even load, constantly signs you out, shuts down entire page when pausing. Celebrities who endorse this are oblious in need of a buck. Terrible service

What a joke!!

Cancelled service as it didn’t stream well and was starting to become an effort to use, now three months later still get charged even though it was cancelled on the 14th of August!!! Can’t get in contact with anyone!! And bank can only do so much, you’re a joke of a company!!

The crappiest app ever used

Trash and frustrating app. Signs me out every 10 minutes. Loses sound every time I pause and go back in and cannot keep watching from where I left off. Cannot believe I have paid for this.

Dont do it!

Wish giving no stars was an option. It is never working smoothly. Nightmare. Would go so far to say it is a scam. Do not sign up.

So glitchy and not user friendly!

Constantly signs you out
You cannot stop video and go back to where you left off
So so glitchy, audio lags constantly.