Hema HX-2 Navigator

Hema HX-2 Navigator

See the Best GPS Navigation Systems in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Hema Navigator

• Battery Life
  • Route Choice
  • GPS Location Accuracy
James
JamesSouth East Queensland, QLD

A GPS for the digital age

Purchased in August 2021 at Hema Shop for $749.00.

HemaHema Navigator

Thanks for your feedback James and safe travels

Stephen D.
Stephen D.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent - big step up from HX-1

I bought the new HX-2 from BCF a week and a half ago after owning a HX-1 for three years. I think it's a massive step forward for Hema both in terms of the hardware and the maps. The new Vector map is way more up to date than the explorer map in the HX-1 and its great to see most of Hema's printed map collection pre-loaded. My only bugbear is the search on the on-road needs a bit of work as its not very intuitive.

Martin S.
Martin S.asked

The HX2 is great, I think much better than my old HX1. The only negative for me is that when using Offroad navigation, the display shows you always moving up screen, not in compass direction like HX1. I like to be heading down when going south for example.Is there a way to change this ? Martin...

Hi Martin,

Glad to hear you're enjoying using the HX-2, when you're in the OFF-ROAD mode, there will be a grey 'Target' icon in the top right corner of the map, tapping on this once will cause the map to centre on you, and you will remain at the centre of the screen and the map will be in it's fixed orientation.
If the map is not currently facing 'North up' tap on the compass icon in the bottom left hand corner to fix this and then tap on the grey target icon to centre the map in you again.
Tapping the target icon while it is orange will change the orientation of the map so that your direction of travel is at the top of the screen.

I hope this helps, please let us know if you are still having this issue, or if you have any other questions or comments.

Grumps
Grumpsasked

Hi,
Just wondering what the HX-2 is like with road navigation. I have previously had other navigation systems and they have attempted to take me off a main road and then go back on it again. This is very annoying and when I tow my van, not an easy thing to accomplish.
One example is that a back street might be a slightly more direct route, when 2 streets up is the main road. It might not be as short, but it will be a lot easier to drive on. I can ignore the navigator when I know where I am going, but very frustrating if traffic is heavy and you are not familiar with the road.
Appreciate your input.
KInd Regards,
Bob

Hi Grumps,

The HX-2 has 3 options available for you to select your driving route. Fastest , Shortest and Balanced,

Fastest will give you the route with the anticipated shortest travel time. Shortest will give you the route with the smallest distance to travel and Balanced will be a mix of both of these options (time and distance). In your example Balanced may be the most suited.

When you select an address, the HX-2 will also give you a few route options to choose from, so you can choose the route you like the look of most.

If neither of these options fully suit you and you would like to tailor your own trip, you can use the trip planner function in the "Off Road" mode, which allows you to plan the route you would most like to take for your journey.

Safe travels Bob