Hisense HR6BF157

• Internal Layout
Cathy

CathyCentral Queensland, QLD

Brilliant customer service from Hisense and The Good Guys!

I bought this little bar fridge 3 years ago and it never skipped a beat until just out of warranty. Murphy’s Law.
I took it into their recommended repairer who confirmed that the compressor had failed. Contacted Hisense and within an hour they happily replaced the fridge with a new one.
Hisense and The good guys went above my expectations to rectify the situation.
Brilliant customer service!
The freezer in my original one always worked well and the shelves cracked a little (hubby had a lot of weight on them) but we braced them with a piece of dowel from underneath and they all worked fine.

Purchased in July 2017 at The Good Guys for A$293.00.

Nee

NeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love the modern but retro look

Only bought this bar fridge yesterday. Love everything about it. Even though large for a bar fridge it is very slimlined so looks great in any space. Lots of room and shelving. I have bought this as a second fridge as always have stuff overflowing in my main fridge. The main reason I picked this model is the freezer was a generous size for a bar fridge. When you open it the lighting is fantastic. I can really see everything that is in it. Only early days but very, very happy with every aspect of this fridge.

Purchased in May 2020 at The Good Guys for A$398.00.

Hisense
Ben S.Hisense

Hi Nee, Thank you for the great review and feedback.

Upset

Upset

Bar Fridge 124 L

This fridge is absolutely perfect for my needs. Holiday unit as a drink fridge ... It's very quiet and works well. ..keeps the drink very cold .... Very well priced .. Service from Joyce Mayne is always fabulous.

Purchased in December 2019 at Joyce Mayne Physical store.

Hisense
Ben S.Hisense

Hi , Thank you for the great review , we are happy you love our products as much as we do.

John.

John.South East Queensland, QLD

Very poor quality shelving.

Every shelf of this Fridge and the Crisper draw is of substandard quality. I am the second owner, bought it with 2 years still left on the warranty, shelves and Crisper draw were still intact, must stress i did not put a lot of weight on these shelves and it wasn't long before 2 shelves cracked, very flimsy, not long after the Crisper draw cracked. Not a good product, wouldn't recommend it at all. As i am the second owner, i cannot claim on Warranty. Apart from the plastic parts on the inside of the Fridge, it does what it's supposed too, quite well. I did ring up to see how much each shelf would cost and was told around $50. Crisper draw was around the same price. Full price of the Fridge itself was only $320.

Mary L.

Mary L.Illawarra, NSW

Love this fridge

This fridge is absolutely perfect for my needs. I love the amount of space and the layout. It's very quiet and works well. Very well priced against similar sized fridges.

Purchased in November 2019 at Betta Home Living for A$777.00.

ACLaunceston, TAS

Ok smaller sized fridge

Purchased in October 2019 at Appliances Online.

Tony WoodsAU

Nice Fridge

Nice fridge with plenty of room. Super quiet. Nice colour.
The freezer door is a bit hard to open and close but a bit of oil on it fixed that issue. Build quality is good as you'd expect with the price.

Purchased in February 2019 at Appliances Online for A$389.00.

Diane

DianeHunter Region, NSW

Much more than a Bar Fridge

We recently purchased two of these Fridges for our B&B. This fridge is much more than a bar fridge. It has a great size fridge area and large freezer. Two door and we bought ours in Stainless Steel finish. We highly recommend this product. It’s quiet and frost free too. Great value for the price.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

CarolinePerth, WA

Hisense Fridge

I had to buy a bar fridge because my old one was in a built-in cupboard. The only one that fit the bill size-wise was this one. I had my reservations but it has turned out to be a great little fridge. Keeps everything cold, freezer is great and is very quiet. It is a bit delicate inside, for instance, I wouldn't want to be too heavy handed with the shelves or door to freezer but I am very happy with it. I wish they made it in cream or white but only black & red. Got it for a great price too from Retravision for $270 as it was on display for clearance. Perfect size for a single person as kitchen fridge or great as bar fridge too. Bonus is 3 year guarantee! So far so good.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Serton1

Serton1Richmond

Very handy larger bar fridge

We use this as a bar fridge but also as a main fridge overflow as out main one is quite small. It has been flawless in the time we have had it can barely hear it running unless I put my ear against it while its actually on. Looks stylish and understated in black. Works well!

Anne Kerr

Anne KerrDarling Downs, QLD

Perfect for Bachelor Son living at home

Very quiet, easy clean and maintains excellent temperatures in both fridge and freezer. Fits 12 precooked meals in the freezer. Compliments our main fridge/freezer. He keeps his food purchases separate from ours. Ideal for his milk, soft drinks, eggs, butter and chocolate. Doesn't clog up our fridge anymore. Problem solved!

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Louise L

Louise LIpswich

Perfect Size For 1 Person

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Andriani Tzouvani

Andriani TzouvaniMelbourne

Ideal fridge on a very good price

It does maintain a good temperature in all compartments. It is so quiet, that you don't realise that there is a frindge in the kitchen. It keeps the food fresher longer, especially if you sealed food in plastic bags.
It is a pleasure to clean the glass shelves. It is more hygiene friendly.

Lolly

Lolly

big little fridge

I needed a fridge for drinks and overflow of food on special occasions to fit under my bench in my outdoor entertaining area....this was the best I could find for the price ...it is small but has heaps of room inside the crisper is large and there is adequate shelf space and well as room for heaps of cans and bottles in the door...love the mat black colour too..

Celeste

CelesteSydney

The perfect medium sized fridge

We bought this fridge as a temporary while we wait on ordering a larger fridge and we are very happy with it. Size is great and with an energy rating of 3 starts its not bad. We love the black look, which doesn't smudge and its very quiet. The only con would be the freezer which is very small and it also is just not cold enough, although we are still experiemnting with the freezer temp.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Kevin

KevinMelbourne

Does the job!

This is a pretty good fridge, I've had it for over 2 years now. with no problems. We have a main fridge in the kitchen but this is an additional one in our bedroom (yes, we are that lazy). We usually use it to store drinks and ice-cream as we've had other items such as food sometimes become a bit frozen. I love how convenient the size is, it doesn't take up a lot of room and is very easy to clean.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Jojo

Jojo

Good stuff

It's a good choice if you don't have too much food needs to be stored in the fridge, since the size of it is relatively smaller than the usual ones. However, I think it saves electricity somewhat due to this factor. It normally works in silence but maybe it's depending on what kind of food you put in and what the temperature you set for the fridge and the temperature outside of the fridge. Basically it maintains a good temperature in all compartments but you need to clean out the ice often in the frresting chamber.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
LittleChicken

LittleChickenBrisbane

OK as a normal fridge (if you're desperate)

Date PurchasedDec 2017
lee

leeDarling Downs, QLD

Good Little Fridge

This is mine and my husbands first fridge together. There hasn't been any problems and it's very convenient to fit in small spaces. Great for energy and that's a reason why we chose it. Go for it. :) we bought it in Melbourne and have it moved to Queensland, even though it was sitting in storage for a couple of months, it running just as well as it was before the move.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Mark

MarkBrisbane

Good for a studio

Used it in my studio layout, i put the ice tray in the freezer compartment as a test. It turn out to be ice cubes after that, so i am just happy it does work. Also it pretty efficient running at 190kwh, for a 157l. Recommend highly for studio situation. Dont expect to buy 3L milk

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Lilleth

Lillethasked

HR6BF157

Different views here about the freezer- cut says it’s a freezer so therefore it should freeze food- does it?????

Tony Woods

It freezes fine. It's just small.

AC

Yes it does freeze. I run the fridge half way on the setting dial (there is no separate control for the freezer) and my freezer is at -10degC.

Norman Fasked

HR6BF157W (White)

I am a home brewer. I need to know the internal dimensions of the 'fridge to see if my fermenter will fit. ie clear width and height below the freezer.
[email removed]

Caroline

From below the freezer, including the drip tray beneath it, it is 46 cm. If you take the drip tray away, you would have 52cm. Width is 44cm. There is a vegie crisper below which you can remove but would interfere with depth. which is ¬ 32-33cm.

Many thanks

Mel N

Mel Nasked

HR6BF157O (Orange)

does this fridge replace a normal fridge?

BrendaM
BrendaM

No. I had contacted the company and they informed me it was not a fridge, it is just a cooler.
The shelves have all cracked on mine and the door to the freezer compartment has broken off and it's only 1 year old. The freezer compartment won't freeze anything properly and your food will go off. Don't waste your money.

Sharron Jackson
Sharron Jackson

No, wouldn't recommend as a normal fridge replacement. I got one for mum as a 2nd fridge. She doesn't use it much, but I can see that it's not that robust. I've looked at a few sites online, and some call the top part an "ice-maker", but some call it a "freezer", which is incorrect. I also bought it thinking it was a freezer on top

Dan78
Dan78

"Bar Fridges" which is what this is, are not designed to freeze foods. The "freezer" section is only just below zero so you can keep ice on it. Normal freezers run around minus 18 degrees.

Get an answer from our members and Hisense representatives

Compare all 4 Hisense HR6BF157
Hisense HR6BF157O (Orange)
  • Discontinued

Hisense HR6BF157O (Orange)

Hisense HR6BF157W (White)
  • Discontinued

Hisense HR6BF157W (White)

3.0
CategoryBar Fridges / RefrigeratorsBar Fridges / RefrigeratorsBar Fridges / RefrigeratorsBar Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) A$429.00A$399.00
Interior LightLEDLED
Weight31 kg31 kg
Colour / FinishBlackRed
Dimensions 1130 x 519 x 528 mm1130 x 519 x 528 mm
Energy Rating3 star(s)3 star(s)
FeaturesAdjustable ShelfAdjustable Shelf
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)
Compare all 4 Hisense HR6BF157